Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,835 members, 7,906,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 02:15 AM

Going To Heaven Made Easy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Heaven Made Easy (677 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going To Heaven Made Easy by huxley(m): 5:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
Who knows, as a matter of certainty, that they will go to heaven? Can you tell us how you came to be so absolutely certain that you are destined for heaven?

If you are not sure, but confident that you might end up in heaven, can you give a figure as to your level of confidence? Say, 50%, 70%, 95% confident of going to heaven?
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by Image123(m): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2010
I do hope to see you in heaven, you careless soul. Keep on seeking, you'll find
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by manmustwac(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2010
its all in the mind if you ask me. most nigerians believe they will make it to heaven even though they are all wicked at heart. Tell them that they will not make it heaven then they will say only invisible man in the sky god can judge me.
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by DAVE5(m): 10:09am On Apr 22, 2010
see ya all in heaven.peace
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by Zodiac61(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2010
For those who think they are going to heaven, I say GOOD LUCK. You will need lots of it and a lot more. The nearest anyone will get there is in their dreams.
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by uchdazzle: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2010
is the moderator in this thread an ateist
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by DAVE5(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2010
@zodiac61 no need to wish us luck cos u need it more than we do.peace
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by Zodiac61(m): 11:48pm On Apr 22, 2010
uchdazzle:

Why do you ask? Are you afraid of ateist (sic)? I am sure that you meant atheist.
Maybe you have heard about the freedom to hold any opinion you like.
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by DAVE5(m): 12:53am On Apr 23, 2010
@uchdazzle dont imply ur fear to me or beta still dont tell me u r scared of atheist or the mere mentionin of the name cos that would mean u dont know ur grounds on religious matters.i have 1 for a roommate and we don battle tire so if u r scared of them get off this religious section and go to jokes/movies/entertainment n the likes cos they ll confuse u.i hav an antidote sha
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by manmustwac(m): 1:46am On Apr 23, 2010
uchdazzle:

i prefer to be called a freethinker smiley
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by vescucci(m): 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2010
Lol. Most atheists just like the ego trip of seeming beyond the petty delusions of the petty and average human mind. Well, the average human mind IS petty and pretty deluded not to mention extremely self centred but if I were an atheist, I wouldn't make it my life's mission proselytizing like a rabid Billy Graham trying to make other people snap out of it. I'd be busy getting away with all the stuff I could, suppressing my conscience, or what's left of it, to eternal slumber. But you fellas aren't real atheists. You're people who are desperately hoping to be utterly proved wrong. Real atheists are an embodiment of absolute, complete and total apathy that the last thing they care about is to win anyone over. They have a lack of belief. All these wannabe atheists have a belief system whose major article is unbelief. God exists. His nature is unverifyable and thus will be subject to endless speculation and hallucinations. He apparently likes it this way or he doesn't care, for it doesn't take half the universe's energy juices to make himself manifest to us beyond all doubt. A word to you guys, there must be something more fun than making fun of other people's beliefs no matter how ridiculous they are. It's not like you have greater peace of mind as is apparent.
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by Zodiac61(m): 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2010
vescucci:

Lol. Most atheists just like the ego trip of seeming beyond the petty delusions of the petty and average human mind. Well, the average human mind IS petty and pretty deluded not to mention extremely self centred but if I were an atheist, I wouldn't make it my life's mission proselytizing like a rabid Billy Graham trying to make other people snap out of it. I'd be busy getting away with all the stuff I could, suppressing my conscience, or what's left of it, to eternal slumber. But you fellas aren't real atheists. You're people who are desperately hoping to be utterly proved wrong. Real atheists are an embodiment of absolute, complete and total apathy that the last thing they care about is to win anyone over. They have a lack of belief. All these wannabe atheists have a belief system whose major article is unbelief. God exists. His nature is unverifyable and thus will be subject to endless speculation and hallucinations. He apparently likes it this way or he doesn't care, for it doesn't take half the universe's energy juices to make himself manifest to us beyond all doubt. A word to you guys, there must be something more fun than making fun of other people's beliefs no matter how ridiculous they are. It's not like you have greater peace of mind as is apparent.
What exactly is the point of this post? It seems to me that you are projecting your fears and feelings on people you disagree with. Who are you to say who an atheist is? The same arrogance that gives you the sense of entitlement to identify who the real christians are, I suppose.
God exists for you: fine - keep quite about it or prove it. There are people out there who require proof before they accept anything. If I remember, there was an apostle called Thomas, who doubted the resurrection of Jesus until he saw Jesus in person. Think of atheists like Thomas - prove it and they will accept it. Until then -shut up.
Re: Going To Heaven Made Easy by vescucci(m): 11:40am On Apr 26, 2010
Boo hoo hoo. I hope you didn't burst a vein. You misconstrue me but I don't really care. What I'm saying is that a true atheist wouldn't care if I was making sense in my post or not. A true atheist wouldn't even come to the Religion section of nairaland. Because I can't prove that God exists doesn't make him non-existant. Besides if you're a student of logic, you'll understand that proving something's non-existence is by far and away more difficult that proving its existence. Theoretically everything you can imagine exists somewhere, somehow. If you ask me to prove that God exists, I'll ask you to prove He doesn't.

Believe me, I respect true atheists. The ones who don't make it their life's goal to convert everyone to the Church of Atheism. True atheists don't care. No one is this world believes God exists without a doubt. Most people just believe to varying degrees. That's why prayer and such stuff is always the last port of call, a last resort.

Understand me, compadre and don't flip

(1) (Reply)

Take Heed So That U Will Not Be Deceive. / (abortion) : Please Advice / Rccg Members[the Covenant People]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.