Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors (22693 Views)

Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death / Saraki Asks Oshiomhole To Resign / Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Islie: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
by Dyepkazah Shibayan

 Senate President Bukola Saraki has called on house of assemblies to take a cue from Kwara and pass their own versions of the bill suspending payment of pension to former governors and deputy governors.
Kwara assembly passed the bill on Tuesday.

In a statement on Wednesday, Saraki commended Ali Ahmad, speaker of the assembly, for working to pass the bill.
The nation’s number three citizen said he influenced the action of the lawmakers.

“I am pleased that following my conversation with Kwara speaker, Rt. Hon. Ali Ahmad, two months ago, the bill to suspend the payment of pension to former governors and their deputies when they hold a political or public office was passed into law yesterday by the Kwara house of assembly,” Saraki said.

“Moving forward, it is my hope that other state assemblies take a cue from Kwara state and pass similar pieces of legislation into law.”

Saraki, who governed Kwara between 2003 and 2011, was criticised for collecting pension from the state government.
Last year, the senate president said he had written a letter to the government to stop paying him pension.

“I’m not collecting pension; the moment I saw that allegation, I wrote to my state to stop my pension,” he had said in an interview.

“So, I speak for myself on that part; I’m not doing that, I am not receiving pension from my state.”

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) had asked Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation, to take legal action against former governors, who are now either senators or ministers so as to recover an alleged N40bn earned in
double payment.

SERAP listed Rabiu Kwankwaso, Godswill Akpabio, Theodore Orji, Abdullahi Adamu, Sam Egwu, Shaaba Lafiagi, are among former governors receiving double emoluments and large severance benefits from their states.

Others named are Joshua Dariye, Jonah Jang, Ahmed Sani Yarima, Danjuma Goje, Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Adamu Aliero, George Akume, Biodun Olujimi, Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe, Rotimi Amaechi, Kayode Fayemi, Chris Ngige and Babatunde Fashola.

https://www.thecable.ng/ex-govs-pensions-saraki-urges-states-to-emulate-kwara

9 Likes

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Firefire(m): 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2018
FRAUDSTER!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Perfecttouch(m): 8:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Islie:

厂·i势i弋

https://www.thecable.ng/ex-govs-pensions-saraki-urges-states-to-emulate-kwara

dont know if someone remembered i said something that this is saraki gimmick they didnt even mention saraki name when i made that comment.i know saraki he is a criminal

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by aolawale025: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Nice one from saraki. However the pension laws should be repealed totally

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Okoroawusa: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
Perfecttouch:
dont know if someone remembered i said something that this is saraki gimmick they didnt even mention saraki name when i made that comment.i know saraki he is a criminal
how?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Perfecttouch(m): 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
Okoroawusa:

how?
pardon my grammar,my phone is misbehaving.
this news was reported in the morning that a bill is being passed in kwara that they want to stop all active ex governors from taking pension.
immediately,i saw sarakis handwriting written all over that move.incase u dont know,not too young to run initiative started in kwara.when i saw it back then,i laughed cos i knew it was sarakis move and all these is gearing toward a particular goal which i already know the end point

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Ayodejioak(m): 8:27pm On Feb 28, 2018
Politics in Nigeria is so confusing!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by ngwababe(f): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
Their own nko??
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by livinus009(m): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
This is the most sensing idea Saraki has ever brought since his Being the Senate Leader.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by jashar(f): 8:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
Abeggi... Make we hear word. He wants to score cheap points. He would soon declare himself coming out for one political post now...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ok

Very Good move, so can he jejely return all already chopped pension.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by olabent85(m): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
But if He supports the cancellation of so called pension to political office holders that should include the one the Senate President and their Deputies get too that's what I will call fair

1 Like

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Bakynes24: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Whoever believes this man initiated this move is a big mugu. It was when his case started with CBT(false asset declaration) some investigation Journalist exposed that he was still collecting Pension as a former governor of Kwara state. That was when the Kwara state Govt. decided to stop it. It's not like they don't know it's not right or unlawful. They are only trying to stop other looters from looting more than them that's why he is speaking against it now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by littlewonders: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2018
Politicians! Politicians!! Politicians!!!

I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by olahero(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good for him
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by SNIPER123: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2018
embarassed
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by efilefun(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
He's son is the next governor of kwara state, dude Don turn Kwara to family property. This bill means nothing to him when passed cuz what he earns from kwara state pass wetin the governor himself dey see

7 Likes

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by 400billionman: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2018
Correct, man., Reduce salaries of senators too.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
But you were collecting pension for 4 years after office

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Babaalawo: 8:35pm On Feb 28, 2018
Ilorin boy!mesujamba
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by AirFireEarthH20: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2018
Fashola is collecting it too from Lagos as Ex-governor.

And nobody is saying anything about it. It's a pity

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by miqos02(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
aolawale025:
Nice one from saraki. However the pension laws should be repealed totally
suspension means they resume payments after serving their terms of present offices

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nigeriadondie1: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
undecidedLet him return the ones he eat. Thief who is impressed. All for 2019. What have he and his colleagues been doing with the constituency project allowance. The other day we saw d bridge Dino the thug constructed. These are the greatest enemy of the Nigerian state.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by BafanaBafana: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
Now he is talking.
But some states are still controlled by ex governors so let's see how it would play out.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Toosure70: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2018
only for the ipob.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by castrol180(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
...this guy is walking sleeping.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
GOOD DEVELOPMENT.
He should include the senators as well......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by bleskid: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
grin
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Phelix01(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
Better

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Okoroawusa: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
Perfecttouch:
pardon my grammar,my phone is misbehaving.
this news was reported in the morning that a bill is being passed in kwara that they want to stop all active ex governors from taking pension.
immediately,i saw sarakis handwriting written all over that move.incase u dont know,not too young to run initiative started in kwara.when i saw it back then,i laughed cos i knew it was sarakis move and all these is gearing toward a particular goal which i already know the end point
what is the end point?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by three: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2018
LASG dem don serve ball enter your court oh
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Sawoe: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hmm.. Birds of the same feather...
I no talk oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Miracle, Reiterates Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy / Army Begins Local Production Of Tactical Vehicles / Fulani Christian Association Condemns Rising Banditry, Killings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.