Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,108 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:02 AM

Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors (22701 Views)

Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death / Saraki Asks Oshiomhole To Resign / Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by dozymars(m): 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
But he collects other things from the state government, abi are u not his godfather ?

Believe politicians at your own risk.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2018
livinus009:
This is the most sensing idea Saraki has ever brought since his Being the Senate Leader.
You can say that again bro!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by lekan208(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Ok

Very Good move, so can he jejbest comment so far!!!ely return all already chopped pension.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Yeeyo: 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2018
Saraki u are doing gud job
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by cyberguy72(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2018
Islie:
Leadership by example......Hope the Dullard is observing.

https://www.thecable.ng/ex-govs-pensions-saraki-urges-states-to-emulate-kwara

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by dexterdanny: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2018
A SELF DECEIVING COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA

Twenty-one senators currently receiving pensions from government as ex-governors and deputy governors.

The current senators who once served as governors are Bukola Saraki of Kwara, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano, Kabiru Gaya of Kano, Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Theodore Orji of Abia, Abdullahi Adamu of Nasarawa, Sam Egwu of Ebonyi, Shaaba Lafiagi of Kwara, Joshua Dariye of Plateau Jonah Jang of Plateau, Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko of Sokoto, Ahmed Sani Yarima of Zamfara, Danjuma Goje of Gombe, Bukar Abba Ibrahim of Yobe, Adamu Aliero of Kebbi, George Akume of Benue.

The former deputy governors in the Senate are Ms Biodun Olujimi of Ekiti and Enyinaya Harcourt Abaribe of Abia. Danladi Abubakar Sani served as the acting governor of Taraba state.
Many former governors are also in Buhari's Cabinet as Ministers. This includes: Ngige, Fayemi, Amaechi and Fashola (SAN).).

In Akwa Ibom State, the law provides that ex governors and deputy governors receive pension equivalent to the salaries of the incumbent. The package also includes a new official car and a utility vehicle every four years; one personal aide; a cook, chauffeurs and security guards for the governor at a sum not exceeding N5 million per month and N2.5 million for his deputy governor.

In Rivers, the law provides 100 percent of annual basic salaries for the ex-governor and deputy, one residential house for the former governor “anywhere of his choice in Nigeria”; one residential house anywhere in Rivers for the deputy, three cars for the ex-governor every four years and two cars for the deputy every four years.

It is alledged that in Lagos, a former governor will get two houses, one in Lagos and another in Abuja, estimated at N500 million in Lagos and N700 million in Abuja. He also receives six new cars to be replaced every three years; a furniture allowance of 300 percent of annual salary to be paid every two years, and a N30 million pension annually for life.

This is the reality for all the 21 ex govenors and deputy governors who are currently serving as senators. This same is also true of ex governors who are now serving as Ministers.

NOW I ASK:

How many years did these guys serve their states as governors and deputy governors? Is it more than 8years? Is that a reason to be entitled to pensions for life? Even if they are entitled to pension for life, must it be so outrageous?

As if that is not enough: HOW on earth can any public servant with conscience collect salaries and allowances as a senator or minister, and still have the audacity to claim pensions equivalent to the salaries of a serving governor in Nigeria?

IT ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE......

Once you are elected a senator or appointed a minister, you must forfeit any pension accruing to you from government at any level until you vacate office. This should also apply to senators collecting military pensions like former Senate President David Mark.

Yet these senators are in the Senate that is inviting the current finance minister to discuss the recession of Nigeria's economy. A senator pockets approximately 30 million naira monthly as salary and allowances. Our "honourables" are not interested to make laws that could restructure our country into economically autonomous federating States/Regions to save the country from sectional agitations that is threatening to destroy Nigeria. The sad and hopeless situation is that the rest of Nigerians are busy arguing based on party, ethnic and affiliations while these enemies of state continue to rape us.

Do you know that it costs tax payers 290m Naira yearly to maintain each member of our National Assembly in a country where nothing works & 80% of population earn below 300 Naira a day ? A working day earning of a senator is more than a yearly income of a doctor; it's more than the salary of 42 Army generals or 48 professors or 70 commissioners of police or more than twice the pay of the US President or 9 times the salary of US congressmen.

It's high time the country had a referendum on those outrageous salaries of Senators, House of Representative members and other political office holders.

*If you are seriously against the looting of our commonwealth in Nigeria, in the name of democracy, you can let this piece go viral by sharing it with as many of your contacts and groups too!*

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by rabzy: 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
So this oga did not know he was collecting pension until he saw the allegation. He then asked them to stop the payment....

Where exactly did we get these people, why is it that it is the worst of us that gets to these places.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by macaphan007(m): 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
A law that was first passed into Law from a "progressive" State,then we had a photo coping effect across the country, with all the money these ex Governors have embezzled,its just the height of cruelty that they still collect pensions and houses in choice areas in Lagos and abuja coupled with change of cars in their convoy,we need to save this country.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by erico2k2(m): 8:52pm On Feb 28, 2018
olabent85:
But if He supports the cancellation of so called pension to political office holders that should include the one the Senate President and their Deputies get too that's what I will call fair
I think thats the Idea and it makes sense, u cannot be in service and still collect pension.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by kenodrill: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
The delusory nature of saraki's antecedents can bilk our entire fortune in ds Naija.Mk raw fire catch saraki n his son!
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by livebynite: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2018
And will this make the price of garri cheaper? angry
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by achiever12: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/ex-govs-pensions-saraki-urges-states-to-emulate-kwara

Bukola is simply blocking Fatah Ahmed from receiving salary like him
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by achiever12: 9:14pm On Feb 28, 2018
aolawale025:
Nice one from saraki. However the pension laws should be repealed totally

Beware of saraki and his gimmicks
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by achiever12: 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Ok

Very Good move, so can he jejely return all already chopped pension.

No, so he can stop abdulfatah, the puppet governor, from benefiting what saraki benefited
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by ballerin(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2018
I dey laugh, this one dey talk like say him get sense.. crap
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 28, 2018
One good thing from APC since 2015...funny enough from Saraki...Buhari na 419, thank God Tinubu did not succeed in installing Buhari favoured senate president

1 Like

Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
Can Buhari have ball to stop former presidents pensions as Saraki have just done in his state?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2018
achiever12:

Bukola is simply blocking Fatah Ahmed from receiving salary like him

Saraki is teaching Buhari how to fight real corruption.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by truthstands12: 9:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good one from Saraki. Take it or leave it, this guy is different from some others. His presence in the senate is a good one for Nigeria otherwise the senate would have been oh yes member for the executive. Good one.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by benitwater(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2018
better.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by jkiddin: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
Saraki my man. I just de look
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by brucejet(m): 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2018
Am still trying to understand why an Ex governor or deputy, in fact political positions should be entitled for pension, why long serving civil servant will be finding it hard to get his or her pension. Nigeria my country.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by BABANGBALI: 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
OK na

παρακαλώ γραμματική μου, το τηλέφωνό μου είναι κακό.
αυτή η είδηση ​​αναφέρθηκε το πρωί ότι ένα νομοσχέδιο έχει περάσει στην kwara ότι θέλουν να σταματήσουν όλους τους ενεργούς πρώην κυβερνήτες από τη λήψη σύνταξης.
αμέσως, έβλεπα χειρόγραφη γραφή σαρκάκη γραμμένη σε όλη αυτή τη κίνηση. incase u dont ξέρουν, δεν είναι πολύ μικρά για να τρέξει πρωτοβουλία που ξεκίνησε στο kwara. όταν το είδα τότε, γέλασα γιατί ήξερα ότι ήταν η κίνηση του Σαρακή και όλα αυτά στρέφονται προς ένα συγκεκριμένο στόχο που ήδη γνωρίζω το τελικό σημείο
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by FakoMaybach1: 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2018
i am sure Tinubu still collects Pension

But some people will turn a blind eye to that and chastise saraki

But hey Tinubu is a god to some people, he can do no wrong in their eyes. The chose to worship tinubu, who am i to judge?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by achiever12: 12:25am On Mar 01, 2018
Jolar101:

Saraki is teaching Buhari how to fight real corruption.

Believe saraki at your own peril
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by abimic(m): 2:53am On Mar 01, 2018
That move won't sail throughout Nigeria, saraki, tinubu, oshiomole who has pocketed their states are not affected by stupid pension when they have direct access to the treasury.... The pension gives past leaders fair chances after office as not all became senators and not all are influential after office. What saraki should champion is reducing cost of running senate, is way too high. Instead of stopping the pension outrightly,u just reduce it, saraki has ulterior motive. He should just have forfeited his salary instead while serving as senator.
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by amanze15(m): 4:25am On Mar 01, 2018
and Kwara state Government spent billions of naira to build you a Fort in Ilorin, our Country Nigeria is a joke undecided
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:37am On Mar 01, 2018
“I’m not collecting pension; the moment I saw that allegation, I wrote to my state to stop my pension,” he had said in an interview".

What a cheek! What a corrupt mindset!
So according to him it was an allegation that he was collecting pension from Kwara state government - not a fact, can you imagine?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by OgundeleT(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2018
the trick there is just to stop fatah from receiving salary after leaving office while he will be collecting as a former senate president
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by FarahAideed: 8:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Perfecttouch:
pardon my grammar,my phone is misbehaving.
this news was reported in the morning that a bill is being passed in kwara that they want to stop all active ex governors from taking pension.
immediately,i saw sarakis handwriting written all over that move.incase u dont know,not too young to run initiative started in kwara.when i saw it back then,i laughed cos i knew it was sarakis move and all these is gearing toward a particular goal which i already know the end point

What is the end point of the blocking of Governors pension ?
Re: Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors by Halopy: 8:31am On Mar 01, 2018
Perfecttouch:
pardon my grammar,my phone is misbehaving.
this news was reported in the morning that a bill is being passed in kwara that they want to stop all active ex governors from taking pension.
immediately,i saw sarakis handwriting written all over that move.incase u dont know,not too young to run initiative started in kwara.when i saw it back then,i laughed cos i knew it was sarakis move and all these is gearing toward a particular goal which i already know the end point
You will never see anything right in Saraki. All former governors and presidents including former senators and reps have being collecting this including your Bubu, Tinubu, Fashola and all other thieves but now saints after decamping from PDP. It was never a sin because it was never unconstitutional. Non has the balls to stop it. Now Saraki stopped it beginning from himself you are calculating useless end point. At least, give it to him for doing the right thing. Let your anti corruption boxer do same in aso rock.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Rellocates NRC Staff After Acquiring The Old Staff Quarters / VP Yemi Osinbajo Visits Abia State (Photos) / Army Begins Local Production Of Tactical Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.