Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,144 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:44 AM

Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine (2933 Views)

Between Oou And Lautech Which Of This uni Is Better To Study Medicine / 3 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose To Study Medicine Abroad / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2018

7 Likes

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2018
I was finding your story quite interesting until the point were you said you stoped praying,you can't leave your book you're supposed to read and begin to shagabam waiting for miracle to happen or for a mysterious change of scores to happen,even the Bible talks so much about the place of "hard work" nothing will ever and can ever replace it,if you like stay in church and pray 24hours your result will be woeful.Friend even the Bible says "Faith without works is dead".Congratulations on your admission

3 Likes

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by exynos(m): 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2018
Op take �����
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
Rachealoduah:
I was finding your story quite interesting until the point were you said you stoped praying,you can't leave your book you're supposed to read and begin to shagabam waiting for miracle to happen or for a mysterious change of scores to happen,even the Bible talks so much about the place of "hard work" nothing will ever and can ever replace it,if you like stay in church and pray 24hours your result will be woeful.Friend even the Bible says "Faith without works is dead".Congratulations on your admission
thank you ..
I just dont believe in the power of prayers it doesn't just work nevertheless that depends on ones believe system .
thanks Missy ..

1 Like

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
exynos:
Op take �����
thank you sire
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
exynos:
Op take �����
thank you sire
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 01, 2018
exynos:
Op take �����
thank you sire
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Rursh(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
33bandit:

thank you ..
I just dont believe in the power of prayers it doesn't just work nevertheless that depends on ones believe system .
thanks Missy ..

Which school were you given medicine?
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Rursh:
Which school were you given medicine?
unijos
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Herbephe1(m): 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2018
33bandit:

unijos
pls how much is their predegree form and is it still on sale?
I have been writing jamb since 2014,I passed all my jamb but was denied admission, I even prefer any course, I have chosen agriculture bit was as well denied
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by ezimo777(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2018
Got MBBS in Unijos too. DE though.

I wish we could possibly see and talk better.

Congratulations to you
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Ecokafor(m): 1:03am On Mar 02, 2018
smiley lucky you
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by femi4: 3:04am On Mar 02, 2018
33bandit:
it all started in 2013 after I was done with my waec and neco .I failed waec although I passed neco without a hitch .
i sat for jamb for the very first time and scored 178 which was not even enough to allow me sit for post ume,i didn't bother myself Sha and did not even sit to imagine what my former class mates would think of me ,since I was and still m a bright kid .
in summary, I wrote jamb 5 times and I got more than 230 in each exams after failing woefully at first, I wanted medicine but it wasn't forth coming ,the school I applied for gave me different courses but I refused to accept the admission since I was enjoying free food and free money at home .lool

my parents suggested I applied school of nursing,i agreed but when I went for the entrance exams I asked around if the collage was degree awarding or diploma ,.I refused to write the exams after my findings since the dictonomy regarding diploma and degree certificates in Nigeria is still pertinent .

anyway things turned out as expected when I decided to take the bull by its horns and start the remedial program organised by the school i ,I passed the exams and finally I've been given the course I've wanted since I was a child ..
A doctor in the making !!!!

PS ..I stopped praying about it since I wrote the third jamb exams ...
full fledged atheist.

you can be anything you want to be as far as u work smart .
PS .this is meant to encourage all others who have been looking for admission or writing jamb without luck .
just read and the sky is your starting point .
don't waste your time with prayers just read ...
Every phase with its own challenge, the higher you go, the bigger it becomes. You ll soon have a rethink about your decision

2 Likes

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Drguzzykola(m): 4:09am On Mar 02, 2018
33bandit:
it all started in 2013 after I was done with my waec and neco .I failed waec although I passed neco without a hitch .
i sat for jamb for the very first time and scored 178 which was not even enough to allow me sit for post ume,i didn't bother myself Sha and did not even sit to imagine what my former class mates would think of me ,since I was and still m a bright kid .
in summary, I wrote jamb 5 times and I got more than 230 in each exams after failing woefully at first, I wanted medicine but it wasn't forth coming ,the school I applied for gave me different courses but I refused to accept the admission since I was enjoying free food and free money at home .lool

my parents suggested I applied school of nursing,i agreed but when I went for the entrance exams I asked around if the collage was degree awarding or diploma ,.I refused to write the exams after my findings since the dictonomy regarding diploma and degree certificates in Nigeria is still pertinent .

anyway things turned out as expected when I decided to take the bull by its horns and start the remedial program organised by the school i ,I passed the exams and finally I've been given the course I've wanted since I was a child ..

full fledged atheist.

PS .this is meant to encourage all others who have been looking for admission or writing jamb without luck .

welcome and congrat ob ur admission ..

d bible has justified itself enough , u can read and pass but u may struggle , ask ur seniors about scaling through medicine with book alone without God factor...

funny , how non Christian medic draw close to God during M.B exam, u will remember this during ur first viva exam.,

many bright /intelligent niggas wey don fail , na today?..

anyway, kudos and good luck in this journey, Pls retrace ur journey back to God and follow his words..Ur reason for becoming an atheist is faulty

2 Likes

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by skimmy005: 5:16am On Mar 02, 2018
33bandit:

full fledged atheist.

which remedial program jupeb or IJMB?
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Dataspider: 6:44am On Mar 02, 2018
Same case with my cousin. Hez been praying for admission for about 2 years and wasting his money on tithe and offerings. But after I advised to drop all those Christianity crap and work smart, he was able to secure admission last year with out any prayer or sowing seeds.
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 02, 2018
skimmy005:
which remedial program jupeb or IJMB?
non of the aforementioned ,the remedial program is organised by the school every year .
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 02, 2018
Herbephe1:

I have been writing jamb since 2014,I passed all my jamb but was denied admission, I even prefer any course, I have chosen agriculture bit was as well denied
it's about 100k ..school fees, acceptance fee and some little things .
since u don't stay here u would have to pay for accommodation self con something like 60 or 80
just have something like 250 or 300k .
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:38am On Mar 02, 2018
Herbephe1:

I've met some people who came from Lagos .ondo Anambra etc .it's more easier to secure admission here but you have to make up your mind ,they will not give you anything serious .maybe chem physics or even educational courses .if u perform exceptionally u can vie for bio chem micro biology or lab sci ..
it's usually a plateau indigenes only thingy !! Shay u get .#winks
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 02, 2018
ezimo777:
Got MBBS in Unijos too. DE though.
I wish we could possibly see and talk better.
Congratulations to you
wow congrats .... more grease to the person that worked it out looool
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 02, 2018
femi4:
Every phase with its own challenge, the higher you go, the bigger it becomes. You ll soon have a rethink about your decision
since I was in high school i never fancied the religious life till now .
I doubt your assertions tho
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 02, 2018
Drguzzykola:

welcome and congrat ob ur admission ..

d bible has justified itself enough , u can read and pass but u may struggle , ask ur seniors about scaling through medicine with book alone without God factor...

funny , how non Christian medic draw close to God during M.B exam, u will remember this during ur first viva exam.,

many bright /intelligent niggas wey don fail , na today?..

anyway, kudos and good luck in this journey, Pls retrace ur journey back to God and follow his words..Ur reason for becoming an atheist is faulty
their is usually no default reason for being and atheist,it depends on individual experiences,knowledge and view towards life
I refused to go back to god to solve problems which I could have handled easily if I gave a rethink .
anyway I wouldn't even have the time for that at the moment god can take a chill pill for now
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 02, 2018
Dataspider:
Same case with my cousin. Hez been praying for admission for about 2 years and wasting his money on tithe and offerings. But after I advised to drop all those Christianity crap and work smart, he was able to secure admission last year with out any prayer or sowing seeds.
hahahahaha...you made me remember that I've never paid tithe in my whole existence ..
I always tell people .it's the devil's world anyway and you gotta play his tune to get what you want looool

1 Like

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by AbuadStudent(m): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2018
Congrats o. But i tell you.Welcome to the medical life. Medicine IS NOT EASY AT ALL. If someone told me what i'd face and what i'd go through, perhaps i may have changed my mind. I'd probably have finished my NYSC by now. At some point you'd be almost regretting why you even entered sef. and the fact that you had to wait so many years before admission. Las las thank God sha. I'm a 500L med student @ABUAD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Drguzzykola(m): 9:02am On Mar 02, 2018
33bandit:

their is usually no default reason for being and atheist,it depends on individual experiences,knowledge and view towards life
I refused to go back to god to solve problems which I could have handled easily if I gave a rethink .
anyway I wouldn't even have the time for that at the moment god can take a chill pill for now

Ok, its a matter of choice..
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 02, 2018
Now this is were a lot of people get it wrong,I wanted to just pass after reading some comment but I can't leave with all this misconception about Christianity without saying something.For the fact you serve God doesn't mean you should work without your brain,this is a mistake most Christians make at times and when things don't go the way they want they become frustrated and blame it all on God recalling all their services.
Dataspider:
Christianity is not crap,your friend just wasn't ready to face the fact.I doubt you've ever read the Bible if not you'll know it talks a lot about getting wisdom,taking responsibility of yourself and not shying away from your problems(which replaces the part of being smart you spoke about)you can't say because you serve a living God, you now leave all your problems waiting for God or one of his Angels to come down from heaven and settle it for you.I can say with all boldness that you know nothing about Christianity
33bandit:

since I was in high school i never fancied the religious life till now .
I doubt your assertions tho
from your post you've never fancied the religion yet you expect the religion to work for you?How can what you don't believe work for you?you just confirmed the scripture that says "God knows those who are his".I leave you to whatsoever you choose to believe,it truly is your choice anyway but what I don't like is you tarnishing the image of what you know nothing about,probably you might just add atheist and aspiring atheist only to the topic you named it earlier to invite your co's cause all your perception about Christianity are all WRONG.

2 Likes

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Martinez19(m): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2018
Rachealoduah:
did she say she left her book? undecided she prayed, had faith, worked and nothing came out of it, explain that. 33bandit was smart enough to note that prayer makes no difference. "Faith without works is dead" is one of the greatest scams and cunning escapes from the miraculous. Why pray when one will still work hard? For one to get the job done, one must work hard whether the person is religious or not. So what special role does prayer play? If you tell me that prayer adds certainty to hard work, I will show you that are devoted who work hard and are losers in life and there are atheists that are very successful.

People like you are hypocrites, you carry a book that says diseases can be cured by faith alone but I am sure you would discourage and criticise those who put it in practice as being too religious or not understanding the bible. You carry a book that talks of talking donkey, red sea parting into two, edibles(manner) falling from heaven, axe head floating on water, a man walking on the sea, fire reigning from heaven etc. but I am sure you will disregard, disbelief and criticise prophets and christians who profess and try these claims. That's despite you shouting hallelujah after reading these bible verses.

33bandit was right to dump prayer. Not only is it a delusion, it draws one backwards because:
Certain opportunities would be missed and can't be regained because the person was following scriptural principles eg. Instead of utilising medical science, the believer stays at home go about his/her activities and is unperturbed because it is believed that with faith, God will heal it.
NB: case 1 doesn't referred to unserious, hypocritical and biblically ignorant christians instead I am talking about those who know their bible and take it as it is.
I am sure if 33bandit had realised that prayer was meaningless, she would have doubled her efforts and be more realistic in her approach.
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Martinez19(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2018
Rachealoduah:
Now this is were a lot of people get it wrong,I wanted to just pass after reading some comment but I can't leave with all this misconception about Christianity without saying something.For the fact you serve God doesn't mean you should work without your brain,this is a mistake most Christians make at times and when things don't go the way they want they become frustrated and blame it all on God recalling all their services.
Christianity is not crap,your friend just wasn't ready to face the fact.I doubt you've ever read the Bible if not you'll know it talks a lot about getting wisdom,taking responsibility of yourself and not shying away from your problems(which replaces the part of being smart you spoke about)you can't say because you serve a living God, you now leave all your problems waiting for God or one of his Angels to come down from heaven and settle it for you.I can say with all boldness that you know nothing about Christianity
from your post you've never fancied the religion yet you expect the religion to work for you?How can what you don't believe work for you?you just confirmed the scripture that says "God knows those who are his".I leave you to whatsoever you choose to believe,it truly is your choice anyway but what I don't like is you tarnishing the image of what you know nothing about,probably you might just add atheist and aspiring atheist only to the topic you named it earlier to invite your co's cause all your perception about Christianity are all WRONG.
I am sure if the story of Moses and the separation of the red sea wasn't written in the bible and someone found himself in a similar position praying for the red sea to separate, you would have laughed and discouraged with various theories like "god is not a magician," "it's not god's will for the person to escape," etc. SMH, think! grin
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2018
Martinez19 Honestly,I really don't know which of your senseless comment to quote,you are not done with one foolish one yet you send another showing your dirty 32 laughing at your stupidity,I am indeed perplexed at your level of reasoning,you can't read and assimilate,damn you need help,here's an assignment that if you do it well might improve your reasoning faculty,go through my post and the OP's entire post, then read what you've posted,if you can see your lapses it means your improving,I would have love to answer you consecutively, proving all your claims about me wrong but I don't know which is more tiring,reading this your senseless post again or quoting it,all I can say is that I'm 19 and a die hard addict of GOD,started serving him earlier and have never regretted and a living testimony and nothing in this life or beyond will stop me from reciprocating my love back to him,not even death.I still strongly maintain that you know nothing about Christianity and this gibberish you posted here just proves it.All thanks to you reading this rubbish post of yous just made me suddenly tired
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Martinez19(m): 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2018
Rachealoduah:
Martinez19 Honestly,I really don't know which of your senseless comment to quote,you are not done with one foolish one yet you send another showing your dirty 32 laughing at your stupidity,I am indeed perplexed at your level of reasoning,you can't read and assimilate,damn you need help,here's an assignment that if you do it well might improve your reasoning faculty,go through my post and the OP's entire post, then read what you've posted,if you can see your lapses it means your improving,I would have love to answer you consecutively, proving all your claims about me wrong but I don't know which is more tiring,reading this your senseless post again or quoting it,all I can say is that I'm 19 and a die hard addict of GOD,started serving him earlier and have never regretted and a living testimony and nothing in this life or beyond will stop me from reciprocating my love back to him,not even death.I still strongly maintain that you know nothing about Christianity and this gibberish you posted here just proves it. All thanks to you reading this rubbish post of yous just made me suddenly tired
No wonder, you are still young. The truth is that I have been involved in christianity, I have thought about it and I can tell you that christianity is a big lie grin. I want you to read your bible with an open mind, don't read it with or listen to pastors or christians that will try to twist things for you in christianity's favour. Compare what's in the bible(it's principles and promises) and what's the case in reality. Have you been to the hospital and saw devoted christians die of cancer just like non-christians do? Can you point one necessary thing god can't achieve without wiping the suffering, "trials," "tribulations" on this earth?

If you observe closely, you would see that despite the talk of yahweh's existence and his supposed greatness and the mystical, things and events always unfold as if there is there is no god and the universe is merely cause and effect (which it is). The fact that christians and non-christians, in all age-brackets, suffer the same calamity and fortune at almost the same frequency shows that there is no being making a difference in ones life. Are some christians rich? so are some non-christians, the only difference is that the christians erroneously attribute(just like folks of other religious sect) their fortune to god. Are some christians poor? So are some non-christians.

You are still young, I don't hate you and I want you to enjoy life, have a good time and see the world for what it is. Religion can be very detrimental and it MIGHT cost you opportunities and happiness. I would love to speak with you on WhatsApp to know how you perceive christianity and your christian history too! smiley. The fact that life is easy for one doesn't mean that the person's god is faithful. Hope to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
Martinez19:
No wonder, you are still young. The truth is that I have been involved in christianity, I have thought about it and I can tell you that christianity is a big lie grin. I want you to read your bible with an open mind, don't read it with or listen to pastors or christians that will try to twist things for you in christianity's favour. Compare what's in the bible(it's principles and promises) and what's the case in reality. Have you been to the hospital and saw devoted christians die of cancer just like non-christians do? Can you point one necessary thing god can't achieve without wiping the suffering, "trials," "tribulations" on this earth?

If you observe closely, you would see that despite the talk of yahweh's existence and his supposed greatness and the mystical, things and events always unfold as if there is there is no god and the universe is merely cause and effect (which it is). The fact that christians and non-christians, in all age-brackets, suffer the same calamity and fortune at almost the same frequency shows that there is no being making a difference in ones life. Are some christians rich? so are some non-christians, the only difference is that the christians erroneously attribute(just like folks of other religious sect) their fortune to god. Are some christians poor? So are some non-christians.

You are still young, I don't hate you and I want you to enjoy life, have a good time and see the world for what it is. Religion can be very detrimental and it MIGHT cost you opportunities and happiness. I would love to speak with you on WhatsApp to know how you perceive christianity and your christian history too! smiley. The fact that life is easy for one doesn't mean that the person's god is faithful. Hope to hear from you.

Hmm,just as I thought,you served God for what you could get from him,not necessarily because you love him or you see him as one worthy of your service,you don't expect him to reveal himself to you when your service to him is tied to conditions.All this questions and wrong notions are things the holy spirit reveals to you even without asking,I don't want to answer them cause I know you won't still believe,its like a waste of time.Anyway I didn't come to with you, the reason I came back is to apologize to the way I replied you earlier,its so Antichrist like despite the fact you caused it by calling me things I'm not.I'm sorry
Re: Snippet: How I Was Finally Able To Study Medicine by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2018
AbuadStudent:
Congrats o. But i tell you.Welcome to the medical life. Medicine IS NOT EASY AT ALL. If someone told me what i'd face and what i'd go through, perhaps i may have changed my mind. I'd probably have finished my NYSC by now. At some point you'd be almost regretting why you even entered sef. and the fact that you had to wait so many years before admission. Las las thank God sha. I'm a 500L med student @ABUAD.
I know it's not easy .I've met someone who have spent 7 years studying in pharm dpt ..
I wouldn't say for sure that it's gonna be easy for me though but I'm just ready for it .I've alotta people to prove wrong .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get Masters Admission In Australia With HND Conversion Program / Female University Student Found Dead Without Her Private Parts / Problem: Checking Neco Result: Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.