Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,959 members, 7,927,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 12:50 AM

Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth (418 Views)

Forbes’ Top 20 African Billionaires 2024 (Full List) / Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time / Banks’ Borrowing From Cbn Rises By 52% In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth by lekanwj(m): 10:45am On Mar 04, 2018
Africa currently has 23 billionaires compared to 21 billionaires a year ago according to Forbes magazine published in February 2018. The current billionaires are worth $75.4billion in February 2018, $5.4 billion more when compared to January 2018.

Here is the list and what they are worth

Aliko Dangote; Nigerian; aged 60; worth $12.2b

Nicky Oppenheimer; South African, aged 72; worth $7.7b

Johann Rupert; South African; aged 67; worth $7.2b

Nassef Sawiris; Egyptian; aged 56; worth $6.8b

Mike Adenuga; Nigerian; aged 64; worth $5.3b

Naguib Sawiris; Egyptian; aged 63; worth $4b

Issad Rebrab; Algerian; aged 74; worth $4b

Koos Bekker; South African; aged 65; worth $2.8b

Isabel Dos Santos; Angolan; aged 44; worth $2.7b

Mohamed Mansour; Egyptian; aged 69; worth $2.7b

Patrice Motsepe; South African; aged 55; worth $2.4b

Aziz Akhannouch; Moroccan, aged 57; worth $2.2b

Yaseen Monsour; Egyptian; aged 56; worth $1.9b

Strive Masiyiwa; Zimbabwean; aged 56; worth $1.7b

Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian; aged 67; worth $1.7b

Othman Benjelloun; Moroccan; aged 85; worth $1.6b

Mohammed Dewji; Tanzanian; aged 42; worth $1.5b

Youssef Monsour; Egyptian; aged 72; worth $1.4b

Michiel Le Roux; South African; aged 68; worth $1.2b

Stephen Saad; South African; aged 53; worth $1.2b

Desmond Sacco; South African; aged 75; worth $1.1b

Christoffel Wiese; South African; aged 76; worth $1.1b

Onsi Sawiris; Egyptian; aged 88; worth $1.1b

There are 8 South Africans on the list with a combined worth of $23.5billion

6 Egyptians are on the list with a combined worth of $17.9billion, the Egyptians on the list appeared to have come from 2 families, the Monsour and the Sawiris families. These 2 families have 3 of their siblings each on the list.

Nigeria has 3 billionaires on the list with a combined worth of $19.2billion

2 of the billionaires are Moroccans, they are together worth $3.8billion.

Algeria, Angola, Zimbabwe and Tanzania has 1 representatives each on the list with Tanzania and Angola having the youngest billionaires on the continent.

An analysis of the list revealed that 48% of these billionaire actually founded the companies that made them billionaires: Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, Mike Adenuga and Folorunsho Alakija. All 3 Nigerian billionaires are founders of their companies. Koos Bekker, Patrice Motsepe, Mitchell Le Roux, Stephen Saad and Christopher Wiese all of South Africa are also founder of their companies. Issad Debra of Algeria, Strive Masiyiwa of Zimbabwe and Onsi Sawiris of Egypt also founded their companies. Onsi Sawiris of Egypt has 2 sons on the list, he founded the companies that made his sons billionaires.

These self made billionaires are worth $34.7 billion about 40% of the total worth of current African Forbes billionaires.

The 2 billionaire below 50years of age: Isabel Dos Santos of Angola and Muhammad Dewji of Tanzania inherited their wealth with Isabel being the eldest daughter of her county’s former president.

Isabel Dis Santos and Folorunsho Alakija are the only 2 women on the list.

Aliko Dangote of Nigeria and Africa’s richest man is currently worth about 16% Of the total worth of Forbes African billionaires and has been on top of the list for the part 7 years.

Source: www.nigerianbanker.com
Re: Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth by OfficialAwol(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2018
This is a message of hope to those of us who out to build an empire from the scratch.

Someone had said that it does not happen for someone to move from nothing to be counted by Forbes. But this statistics just proved that assertion wrong.

I'm gonna be counted by Forbes or I die trying.

I know there thousand others like me.

1 Like

Re: Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth by Holluwaphlexy(m): 11:14am On Mar 04, 2018
They said one's true colour show when he jam beta money .....GOD please just try me with a billion naira not even dollar i want to see my true colour
Re: Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth by OfficialAwol(m): 11:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Holluwaphlexy:
They said one's true colour show when he jam beta money .....GOD please just try me with a billion naira not even dollar i want to see my true colour

Lol.

You like your true color might be yellowish pink diluted with sky violet.

1 Like

Re: Only 52% Of Forbes African Billionaires Inherited Their Wealth by Holluwaphlexy(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
[quote author=OfficialAwol post=65547264]

Lol.

You like your true color might be yellowish pink diluted with sky violet. [/quote ] that's what I'm trying to figure out only make baba GOD pick my call���

(1) (Reply)

Join B.B Bead Design's Free Watsapp Group To Learn More About Beading / Break Away From Unemployment And Poverty – Empowerment Program / Why We Need Our 084 Line For Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.