Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (810687 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
reichwolf:
Well guys I started my journey to go to Canada in June 2017. After my first denial in November 2017 I was really down and frustrated. Nevertheless I didn’t give up. After securing admission into a more convincing school I reapplied for my TRV in July. Well even though I’ve had to defer my admission to January, I have now secured my TRV.
My point is never give up. I’ve been denied UK student visa twice and Canadian student visa once. But I never gave up. God is always in control.

Wow
Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by wealth360: 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ormohlawlah: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hello,I'm confused. Admission decision hasn't been made yet and I plan to go in January. Is it still possible for me to go in January or I should wait till spring in may undecided
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nedu20(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hello everyone. This is my first time of posting and I ve going through some of the threads for a while now.

My sister introduced me to the thread so I can get info about study in Canada.

So, please, I hope someone can help me ans some few questions.

1. I graduated from Banking and finance with a 2.2 result, would I need to go through PGD before masters?

2. I want to do my masters in economics or business administration, so, any suggestions on schools with low tuition fee that offer any of the above.

3. As I don't have anyone in Canada, would that be an issue?

4. I have been reading about visa refusal based on intent to leave Canada after study because the person did not give enough reason that they'd leave Canada after the study. I am the 5th child, the only landed property we have is in village (which I don't know if it has official documents), my parents are tenant the place they are staying at Anambra state and my sister that will be my sponsor is based in UK, how would I convince them that I would be back to Nigeria after the study without backing it up with tangible documents (landed or property)?

5. For the school that'd resume September 2019, when would I start applying?

I hope someone reply please.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
1. Its difficult to get admission for a master's program with a 2:2 in Canadian Universities, so what peeps in ur shoe do is to apply for PGD, and if they wish to further, they go on to Masters. Except u finished strong in ur last 2 semesters, then some schools can consider you.

2. Google will be ur friend here.

3. Not at all. in fact people that have peeps in Canada, it will be difficult to convince the VO that u will be coming back to Nigeria when u actually have someone in Canada u can stay with permanently. So its actually an advantage kindof not to have someone in Canada.

4. Hmmmm. Am foreseeing financial issue, family Ties, Personal assets in this.. You really need a strong SOP with relevant documents to convince the VO so u wont be refused for the reasons i just mentioned. Cos most times sponsorship from either parents works well than a third party sponsor. Other gurus can shed more light on this tho.

5. I do not think application for that period will be on now, cos that of May 2019 isnt on yet. You can start applying probably by end of this year or early next year for September intake.

I hope this helps. I will advise you read up from page 1 of this part 14(if you are too lazy to read from part 1). After reading previous thread, I bet you will have all ur answers to ur questions andn questions in future in details. Peace
Nedu20:
Hello everyone. This is my first time of posting and I ve going through some of the threads for a while now.

My sister introduced me to the thread so I can get info about study in Canada.

So, please, I hope someone can help me ans some few questions.

1. I graduated from Banking and finance with a 2.2 result, would I need to go through PGD before masters?

2. I want to do my masters in economics or business administration, so, any suggestions on schools with low tuition fee that offer any of the above.

3. As I don't have anyone in Canada, would that be an issue?

4. I have been reading about visa refusal based on intent to leave Canada after study because the person did not give enough reason that they'd leave Canada after the study. I am the 5th child, the only landed property we have is in village (which I don't know if it has official documents), my parents are tenant the place they are staying at Anambra state and my sister that will be my sponsor is based in UK, how would I convince them that I would be back to Nigeria after the study without backing it up with tangible documents (landed or property)?

5. For the school that'd resume September 2019, when would I start applying?

I hope someone reply please.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hadastextiles: 9:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Ormohlawlah:
Hello,I'm confused. Admission decision hasn't been made yet and I plan to go in January. Is it still possible for me to go in January or I should wait till spring in may undecided

Wen did u apply to D skl?
In d process of waiting, u can make all ur docs ready, so u can apply immediately after receiving admission letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nedu20(m): 9:43pm On Sep 14, 2018
Thank you very much

makano:
1. Its difficult to get admission for a master's program with a 2:2 in Canadian Universities, so what peeps in ur shoe do is to apply for PGD, and if they wish to further, they go on to Masters. Except u finished strong in ur last 2 semesters, then some schools can consider you.

3. Not at all. in fact people that have peeps in Canada, it will be difficult to convince the VO that u will be coming back to Nigeria when u actually have someone in Canada u can stay with permanently. So its actually an advantage kindof not to have someone in Canada.

4. Hmmmm. Am foreseeing financial issue, family Ties, Personal assets in this.. You really need a strong SOP with relevant documents to convince the VO so u wont be refused for the reasons i just mentioned. Cos most times sponsorship from either parents works well than a third party sponsor. Other gurus can shed more light on this tho.

5. I do not think application for that period will be on now, cos that of May 2019 isnt on yet. You can start applying probably by end of this year or early next year for September intake.

I hope this helps. I will advise you read up from page 1 of this part 14(if you are too lazy to read from part 1). After reading previous thread, I bet you will have all ur answers to ur questions andn questions in future in details. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bennycrown(m): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
Congratulations.thanks for the encouragement
reichwolf:
Well guys I started my journey to go to Canada in June 2017. After my first denial in November 2017 I was really down and frustrated. Nevertheless I didn’t give up. After securing admission into a more convincing school I reapplied for my TRV in July. Well even though I’ve had to defer my admission to January, I have now secured my TRV.
My point is never give up. I’ve been denied UK student visa twice and Canadian student visa once. But I never gave up. God is always in control.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Josh1996: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2018
Is it compulsory to add an SOP to a visa application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 10:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
Another maintenance next week Tuesday. This their system maintenance is more frequent than Visa updates. May God Judge this people. It will end in praise las las..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
Yes its compulsory. Canada does not do physical interview like the US and German embassies. So your SOP is what will represent you in front of the Canadian Visa Officers. Although very few peeps have gotten their TRV without SOP tho, actually one person on this thread. Am sure you dont wanna take that risk. But if you are a Strong first class graduate, lets say 4.98CGPA, then u can take the risk of not submitting SOP. Goodluck
Josh1996:
Is it compulsory to add an SOP to a visa application ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hi guys, have been going through this thread thanks to my friend that just moved to Canada for studies.. Okay, my issue is I applied for visa online, submitted all supporting documents online on the 18th of July...got a mail to do my biometrics on the 19th but did it on the 23rd of July 2018..after den I have been waiting for a mail to go do my medical since den till today 14th Sept.. I just wana know how long it takes to get a student visa cos it's taking almost forever!...Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:

Baba you for no type this thing o lol
Points 3 & 4 apply to me
My sponsor leaves in Canada as a citizen and is neither my mom or dad
See food for thought oo
Oluwa touch my application
May it favour me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
It won’t hurt having other options in a different country( in this case the US). I also don't see how the VOs can know the schools you applied to.

Ysakaws:
Please is it advisable to apply for Masters in universities in Canada and USA, or I should just stick to one country

Won’t I have problem getting a study visa if the VO knows I applied to both USA and Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2018
Hello gurus in the house.

please I need ur help. I am currently in Canada for studies,I need help on the actual application to get my wife here through spousal work permit

Someone said it is through "open work permit " I have created the online account only to be charge for work permit and open work permit holder, what is difference between both fees? I need help with this

any help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
makano:
Another maintenance next week Tuesday. This their system maintenance is more frequent than Visa updates. May God Judge this people. It will end in praise las las..
Perhaps they should let Facebook or Google handle their data. When last did you see Facebook down due to system maintenance?
I won't be surprised to find out that their staff are frustrated with their IT infrastructure as well. They had better invest properly and get the best IT brains on board before NK or R**s**n hackers delete all the information on their db. I thought there is usually a back up shadow system working in the background which prevents users from noticing system maintenance or downtime. You may just be viewing a snapshot of the last information posted during maintenance frames.... @mightyola the IT guru, am I making sense? They may need you to assist them so please reapply sharply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
If u did ur homework well coupled with God's favor, there is nothing stopping ur approval. So relax.
MISFITrep:
Baba you for no type this thing o lol
Points 3 & 4 apply to me
My sponsor leaves in Canada as a citizen and is neither my mom or dad
See food for thought oo
Oluwa touch my application
May it favour me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2018
mightyola:
Gathering Momentum on reapplying. I need help in shedding some light on how to tackle this:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Program: PGC Network and Security Architecture
School: Fanshawe College
Online application

Documents Submitted:
1. CIC DOCUMENTS:

2. ACADEMIC DOCS
• Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• University Transcripts
• WAEC Result
• NYSC Discharge Certificate

3. PERSONAL DOCUMENTS
• International Passport
• Passport Photograph (2)
• Birth Certificate (British)
• Statement of Purpose
• Police Certificate
• Statement of account with closing balance of 600k
• Pages of stamped passport to UK, DUBAI

4.Employment DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Employment
• Pay Stubs
• Letter of recommendation
• Identity Card
• Pension Statement

5. SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
• Fanshawe Letter of Admission
• Tuition Fees (1st Semester Payment Receipt)($7,500)

6. SPONSOR’S DOCUMENTS
• Letter of Sponsorship
• Affidavit of Sponsorship
• Biological Sister Sponsor Statement of Account closing balance $42,000
• Biological Brother Sponsor Statement of Account closing balance 16,000 pounds
• International Passport Data Page of sponsors both American Citizens
Your profile is on point, God will see you through in your next app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 12:36am On Sep 15, 2018
Lol...You are correct. But for a public site,where they get a lot of traffic, then they have no other choice than to inform the general public of such maintenance/upgrade. During the process of this maintenance, a lot of things might happen (glitches) which might affect certain people from accessing the site. It's just a reassurance and some sort of courtesy to the public that they on top of their game.

These things also happen in Universities and colleges abroad,where you see public announcements of a system maintenance or upgrade displayed on their website or portal.

They will be fine..but they are certainly having some issues. Maybe I can add that to my SOP..haha

galala123:

Perhaps they should let Facebook or Google handle their data. When last did you see Facebook down due to system maintenance?
I won't be surprised to find out that their staff are frustrated with their IT infrastructure as well. They had better invest properly and get the best IT brains on board before NK or R**s**n hackers delete all the information on their db. I thought there is usually a back up shadow system working in the background which prevents users from noticing system maintenance or downtime. You may just be viewing a snapshot of the last information posted during maintenance frames.... @mightyola the IT guru, am I making sense? They may need you to assist them so please reapply sharply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:37am On Sep 15, 2018
emeify:
Thanks Frank.
Am doing awesome and believe it or not, its 23 degrees out here today.....lovely. Thanks for asking and thanks again for ue help with my application.

I was told in school that all university work does not count so i really wantef to clarify. Moreover our hours fot TA are not really specified like that....anyway I'll figure it out i guess

All d best with u

Oh! Good to hear you're doing wonderfully well over there and the weather its quite favourable to you. As regards the TA, the info you passed across is very impactful and will be of an additional knowledge to me. Thank you Ma and enjoy your stay in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by originally(m): 12:56am On Sep 15, 2018
[quote author=originally post=71208887]Hello gurus in the house.

please I need ur help. I am currently in Canada for studies,I need help on the actual application to get my wife here through spousal work permit

Someone said it is through "open work permit " I have created the online account only to be charge for work permit and open work permit holder, what is difference between both fees? I need help with this

any help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 1:08am On Sep 15, 2018
makano:
It is well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 15, 2018
@wealth360 thank u. U are my first mentor on this journey and held ny hand all through my first application. God bless u and ur wonderful family. I owe u a lot.

wealth360:
Congratulations to you. Am happy you finally made it. I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by canadabyfire: 3:56am On Sep 15, 2018
At this point, Google may be your best bet....it may do some good to Google other forums on spousal visa.. this thread might not be your best bet....considering that peeps here are still waiting on their visa....and only insignificant number of those who have gotten their student visa and travelled come back to keep up with the nairaland family that kept them going in the days of their waiting.... If only those peeps would come back to touch base, your required info would have been an easy fry.....grin grin angry
[quote author=originally post=71210532][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 4:31am On Sep 15, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Documents that needs to be notarized are documents that does not bear an official signature or stamp on them. Hence, if your documents have this, you don't have to notarized them. Countless applicants gets approved without notarising any of theicr documents.
Okay boss...thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kceecool(m): 6:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Bro ... any update yet since your Eligibility Review started .
Doyenrey:

Lol I did my biometrics 3rd of July too and my eligibility review also started yesterday.

I hope we get a decision next week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 6:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Someone that applied 18th of July is already in distress what bout some of us that applied may/June waitin
Make we do? If care is not even taking, some April applicant may be in this forum.
Have you seen a person so rich and yet so poor?
Have you seen a nation so blessed and yet so cursed?
Have you seen a country so endowed with resources, its people and materials and still lacking resources?
A country robbed of its young is robbed of its future.
The answer is simple
NIGERIA IS CURSED. Nigeria is cursed on the action and barbaric belief of our BASTARD forefathers (exo 20:5)

All these difficulties nah them start am. Instead of them to be working, they are selling themselves, worshipping white people, walking naked like gorilla!
Before you start coming for me, I love Nigeria sooo much, if I will come back to this world I will choose Nigeria again and again. But I HATE our four fathers with passion. And for our government...

I hate our forefathers they put us in this mess.
Negodu cic doing us anyhow. So if I’d applied paper route nah like this dem go hold my dad crucial documents.
My application is now pregnant waiting for delivery in the hand of IRCC please they should attend to her.

My bro traveled all the way from Winnipeg to arrange my accommodation, I believe nah ghost dey live for there by now. Whenever I open Instagram the level of my heart beat increases cause the kind activities wey my school dey display is making me run mad. I paid for All of em, I am entitled to enjoy em. Abi no be so?
Damn it!
We are now the guilty of the sins of our forefathers!!!
Good morning house, don’t be angry with me biko. I am just angry of forethathers and I just want to rant this beautiful blue morning
#peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2018
Austacus:
Someone that applied 18th of July is already in distress what bout some of us that applied may/June waitin
Make we do? If care is not even taking, some April applicant may be in this forum.
Have you seen a country so endowed with resources, its people and materials and still lacking resources?
The answer is simple
NIGERIA IS CURSED. Nigeria is cursed on the action and barbaric belief of our BASTARD forefathers (exo 20:5)

All these difficulties nah them start am. Instead of them to be working, they are selling themselves, worshipping white people, walking naked like gorilla!
Before you start coming for me, I love Nigeria sooo much, if I will come back to this world I will choose Nigeria again and again. But I HATE our four fathers with passion. And for our government...

Negodu cic doing us anyhow. So if I’d applied paper route nah like this dem go hold my dad crucial documents.
My application is now pregnant waiting for delivery in the hand of IRCC please they should attend to her.

My bro traveled all the way from Winnipeg to arrange my accommodation, I believe nah ghost dey live for there by now. Whenever I open Instagram the level of my heart beat increases cause the kind activities wey my school dey display is making me run mad. I paid for All of em, I am entitled to enjoy em. Abi no be so?
Damn it!
Good morning house, don’t be angry with me biko. I am just angry of forethathers and I just want to rant this beautiful blue morning
#peace
All that ends well, is well! 5 minutes of kolomental is allowed per week. May it be well with us and may GCMS notes not be your portion for it is not by how perfect but by Grace and, no matter how bad you believe your case is.... Someone's own is worse than yours.

May we be better, so our children curse us not. So let us channel our energies to positive deeds and increase our level of personal integrity towards building a greater Nigeria. While having my bath this morning, I began to ponder.... Imagine amounts for tuition, visa application, agency fees, Case notes, Transcript, Courier service, etc etc.... If we all contribute just ₦10,000 or even 100 dollars each, perhaps we can start a great cause and build a world class Institute of Technology and College of Medicine and may even attract funding. We need to begin to look inwards as discouraging as it may seem (because maybe the treasurer and exco's go chop the money ab initio sef.... SMH). Forgive me. 5 minutes ranting and self contradictory time!

Not yet 8am and all this vexing. It's gonna be a loooonng weekend. Me sef, I've been seeing mails about picnics, sightseeing, and even parties!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bennycrown(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2018
I feel your pain
We just have to keep praying and trusting God for a better future.lets not dwell on past mistakes of our leaders .its our time now,lets look towards what can be done by us for the nation when the opportunity present itself .as the saying goes,"it will surely end in praise"lets keep hope alive.
Austacus:
The answer is simple

Damn it!
#peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Awuuga: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2018
I think your anger is directed at the wrong set of people. It’s quite unfair to blame them for selling themselves and worshipping the white men when they barely had any choice, remember there was a lack of exposure and education. I’d like to see the decisions you’d make if all your exposure and education were stripped away.

Personally I think they did the best they could given the circumstances they were in,no doubt they could have done better but still they did alright. 1 naira was equivalent to a dollar at some point, we didn’t need visa to get into the UK at some point. Things were a lot better then. Along the line it al went down the toilet, some may rightly blame the leaders, while others would blame triabalism and how much it has taken from us. One thing is certain though, it is left to us to FIX up.

As for CIC doing us anyhow, I think we have our fellow young Nigerians to blame for that. The bad examples they’ve shown over there has left a bad taste in their mouth. You’d be that cautious if your country was as developed as Canny and it was your responsibility to let people from a third world country with a bad enough reputation in.

Last last we go dey alright.

Top of the morning to you all.

Austacus:
The answer is simple

Damn it!
#peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Austacus: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2018
Awuuga:
I think your anger is directed at the wrong set of people. It’s quite unfair to blame them for selling themselves and worshipping the white men when they barely had any choice, remember there was a lack of exposure and education. I’d like to see the decisions you’d make if all your exposure and education were stripped away.

Personally I think they did the best they could given the circumstances they were in,no doubt they could have done better but still they did alright. 1 naira was equivalent to a dollar at some point, we didn’t need visa to get into the UK at some point. Things were a lot better then. Along the line it al went down the toilet, some may rightly blame the leaders, while others would blame triabalism and how much it has taken from us. One thing is certain though, it is left to us to FIX up.

As for CIC doing us anyhow, I think we have our fellow young Nigerians to blame for that. The bad examples they’ve shown over there has left a bad taste in their mouth. You’d be that cautious if your country was as developed as Canny and it was your responsibility to let people from a third world country with a bad enough reputation in.

Last last we go dey alright.

Top of the morning to you all.

Bro, I understand your point but come to think of this... but you said it is not our forefathers fault
HOW? Whose fault huh?
Now take a look at the gulf countries, we are more expose and academia than them. Gulf countries nah coconut head dem get even from their forefathers till date but look at them now, cause they get sense. They build, they work...

No be same same coconut brain dem get with our so called forefathers as of then?
But look at them now, even Canada gan self is relying on them in low key.

God help us

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.