Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,165 members, 7,880,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:26 PM

Top Ten Heinous Crimes Commited By Religious Fanatics. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Heinous Crimes Commited By Religious Fanatics. (1764 Views)

Female Student Lynched To Death By Religious Fanatics / Religious Fanatics; How Could You Have Handled Corona Virus In The Medieval Age? / Daddy Freeze: I Was Attacked By Religious Mafia, It's Not God's Wrath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Top Ten Heinous Crimes Commited By Religious Fanatics. by rekinomtla(m): 11:40am On Mar 27, 2018
BlackManta:

You dont need God an religion to be a good person.

Neither do you need God or religion to be a bad person.

If the only thing stopping you from going out and killing people is because some invisible man in the sky says so then perhaps you're to bleeped up for society in the first place.

"invisible man in the sky" nonsense no one believes God is an invisible man in the sky, thats most likely a belief you atheists accepted when you were theists.

Secondly that's a strawman, never once have i said the only thing stopping me from from committing crimes is my belief in God. Evens if I didn't believe in God I would still live largely similar to how I live my life now. But I would be an consistent atheist and admit that morality is just a matter of opinion, and that all my moral beliefs are just my own opinions and preferences.

You see we who do not have a religion don't need some spooky invisible man to tell us what we should and shouldn't do, we simply know it and as a result have morals.

Exactly you people believe morality is just differences in opinions. Racism is not wrong, it's a only wrong if your society disapproves of it. If it instead approves of racism you may freely abuse others because of their skin colour. And you would be right when you do. That's atheist morality.

Oh and if you think religion has such great morals then here are some nice biblical morals for you:
- a rape victim must marry her rapist
- woman are not allowed to exert power over men
- you may have slaves from foreign countries
- praying to other gods is illegal and met with the death penalty
- mixing of races is not allowed
I mean honestly, what kind of shitty morals are these? If this is the best morals god can offer then my grandmother can do a better job then him

Nonsense, you just said morals is societal. So according to you all those things you just listed was morally right in the the ancient society of the hebrews. Make you mind up and stop contradicting yourself, either morality is societal or it is not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-religion. But whether you're a good or bad person is unaffected by your religion. There are many religious people I met who are good and many I met who were bad, the same goes for atheism. Religion is a factor that doesn't effect other things. Though some people may use religion as an excuse to do good or bad things

Religious people have done horrible things but the worst mass murderers in human history are still atheists.

All you have to do is to do right.
You do not need religion to do right. Common sense and the concept of not doing to others what you would not like done to you is more that enough.

The golden rule is just an opinion if morality is subjective.

Religion always come down to a sense of us vs them, and of course us are always better than them, so you can treat them badly and immorally. As a matter of fact religion, in too many ways, leads to immorality. Inquisition, Crusades, treatment of American natives by the European governments.

Why is any of those events you mentioned wrong? Which society decided on that? The society of the crusades and that of the inquisition were completely for the crusades and the inquisition. Same with the treatment of the american natives. So what according to your view of subjective morality makes any of this "immoral"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion/christianity Is All About Mind Control. / Is This What Your Religion Taught You? / South Africans React To Xenophobia On TB Joshua's Viral Vid, Say They're Ashamed

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.