Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61659 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 5:26pm On May 07, 2010
duduspace:

Weren't the Glazers already on the board and actively working towards a takeover when these deals were done? how exactly did they convince the previous shareholders to sell? you are making the mistake of only looking at the end result without considering the process that led to it. My 50 cents is on the fact that the previous owners could already see where the spending was heading to which is why they jumped ship with full pockets, perhaps they knew they they would lose out in the end.
Why is the previous chairman who sold out now saying the business plan was unsustainable?

U own 60,000 share that sells at £100 each.
A rich spoilt kid comes along and says he will pay you £500 each for them.
That is how the Glazers convinced em to sell.

Talk is cheap, where is the evidence?
Oh, so all of the earnings from 3 straight PL championships and a UCL win can't even cover interests payments? you're now educating me that the situation is even worse off than I imagined it to be?

3 Straight PL Championships = £150 milla
UCL win = £ 30 million and you expect £180 million to sink a debt of £700 million?
Jesus Christ, don't make me call Eldee.

See what I said above, where is the data? where is the analysis that proves these claims? do you want a numbskull like you claim me to be to present it for you? I can be faulted for a lot of things, but no one can fault me for not supplying the indicators for my claims even if our interpretation of them turns out different.

So you expect me to work for you, educate you about these things when the information isn't far-fetched in this internet age.
Take this. . .

The fact remains Manure has a 700m debt, that is the only sure thing here, you bury your head in the sand if you don't accept it along with your trophies.

The £1.5 Billion price-tag will pretty much cover the debt.
If the Glazers get paid, they will have to pay their debt to the various banks they owe.

True word, but where does this leave you? in case yu've forgotten, still 700m in the red that someone has to pay for if manure is not to go into Administration or taken over by banks. Remember that Abramovic has written off chelsea's debts well over 500m now which is now converted into equity? has anyone here wondered why he did that? I'll try to give an explanation, it means that if the club is to be sold now he will make his money back. He is now committed to running the club as a proper business because Chelsea has now become part of that much vaunted 6 billion or so that he is estimated to be worth. The Sheikh's at City havent met much debt but are running one up already.

Abramovic wrote off all Chelsea's debt because he's scared of Platini's measures as from next season.
The Glazers matched that by selling their bond issue for £500 million to free up funds. All these things are just conjectures.
By all indications, the single most important factor is what United rakes in every season.
Old Trafford make the highest income in the whole of Europe. . . .That factor alone makes em untouchable.

I'm sure those 2 clubs were also claiming that they weren't Leeds when they went bust, the problem is as always that negative on the balance sheet, it is a sword or damocles dangling over your head just as our trophyless state is used to flog us mercilessly, you deserve to be flogged with it, they are direct repercussions of various decisions taken in the past as to the future of the club.
Rationalise it all you care and pass the buck as many times as you like, it is a problem that is yet to go away.

Leeds, Pompey, Liverpool don't have 50,000 capacity. . . . .Most of them don't even play in the money-spinning Champions League.
All of them don't command the global status Man Utd can.
We are talking of Man Utd here. . . . .U will be a tad folly to compare any club in England to Man Utd.

Thank God the UK is not Nigeria where people rule with fiat, the bottom line is that there is a 700m debt bill to be picked up here and if no one picks it up, the Glazers aint selling. I expect a fight to the bitter end, they might have to divvy up Manure's assets with scissors the way things are going. grin grin grin

I don't see the Glazers lasting another 12 months.
Red Knights will start their aggressive campaign in June. They decided to relax so as not to distract United's current campaign.
With £1.5 Billion, the Glazers will be forced to sell and the club will become a community asset.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 5:28pm On May 07, 2010
A-40:

As for your 2nd post lets ask Debosky to do the honours. Vox Populi Vox Dei they say
Haba, don't start katakata here o, despite all my noise on here I'm very publicity shy. Besides I'm sure I'm not exactly Debo's favorite poster at present.

A-40:

And yeah i know you do post these stats but you do Financials more often is that a bad thing? You don't have to fight everything or everyone i give u credit sef u dey try and a lot of people now know a bit more about Arsenal's finances including my humble self thanks to u. My only grouse is your narrowing down our every failure to funds which is dead wrong!
The financials isnt a bad thing provided I don't become the spammer some accuse me of being. I'm quite unhappy the general consensus here is that I tie everything down to finances, it only looks that way because its a major thing most people overlook about the club. It is not easy when you stop being the richest kid in your street I guess, but most vocal Arsenal fans on a general note arent facing up to the realities surrounding their club at present.

A-40:

These other teams u talk about would only be found out if we do what we ought to do. As for the other issue i raised you really dont have to agree! That you don't believe something does not make it a lie so if we had gone on to win the league who would say they didn't hand it to us after losing double digit leads twice

You have a point there, but isn't the final league table supposed to be the clearest indicator of a football team's strength over a season? Yes we had times we were in front but ultimately we were found out (rightly I must say) at the end. We mostly missed out on other chances of silverware for 2 reasons, firstly is our insistence to blood our youth early and secondly is the need to rotate a paper thin (quality wise) squad, some of this will become unnecessary over time as the strength in depth grows.

The long and short of my tirade is this, What Arsene is trying to do isn't exactly easy in the present football environment but it is the path the club I support has chosen and if it has any chance of success I'd put Arsene as one of the few people capable of pulling it off (another prime candidate would be Louis Van Gaal).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 9:22pm On May 07, 2010
"Arsenal fans were fantastic this season" that's the verdict on the last fans forum on arsenal tv for the season. They even mentioned particular games like the Barca and pool games where they showed something even Chelsea and Man U would envy, so who's that doubting commitment ?

Question of the week is, do we need more than 3 players to bridge the gap with Chelsea and Manc ? Send replies to arsenaltv@arsenal.co.uk.

Something interesting that was mentioned by one caller is that Song's great as a defensive midfielder, but he isn't the Paddy and Flamini type that can absorb the oppositions attack, convert the momentum and push the team forward in return undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 9:47pm On May 07, 2010
While i'm not a dudu apologist grin , Let's ask ourselves this honest question with our church minds :
How many of us in July were absolutely certain we'd finish in the top four when City were depleting premiership teams and the press were singing "Arsenal's 'fourth' place finish" would be stolen from us ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 10:16pm On May 07, 2010
edoyad:
Question of the week is, do we need more than 3 players to bridge the gap with Chelsea and Manc ?

86% answered yes undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 10:24pm On May 07, 2010
^^^
Mo' than just 3 players man. . .there has to be a Mr. Ginger Ginger in that team that can smack the taste outta someone's mouth when they talk shit,that can instill some belief, that team lacks the potential/zeal/swag/steel/spine/depth/character(anymore words) to challenge for ANYTHING. . .and For Christs sake, AW should STOP playing the kids in the CC, even if na that one go reach us. . make we manage

Too late. . .I couldn't see what folks like Dr. Kit n co saw early on. .May God help us next season

In Arsene God we trust
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 11:54pm On May 07, 2010
edoyad:

While i'm not a dudu apologist grin , Let's ask ourselves this honest question with our church minds :
How many of us in July were absolutely certain we'd finish in the top four when City were depleting premiership teams and the press were singing "Arsenal's 'fourth' place finish" would be stolen from us ?

Now this is the old Ed I know, glad to have you back grin grin grin now if only the old Debo would come back grin grin grin I really don't know why this english media hate relationship with Arsenal endures, I think they still hold a grudge against Arsene for proving them wrong when he initially joined us and I'm now beginning to think that even supplying 10 Jack Wilsheres to the British national team over the next 10 years might not be enof to pacify them.
How many of them will own up to calling Arsenal's position compared to liverpool's wrong at the beginning of the season? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:08am On May 08, 2010
@V3

You wan turn us to Blackburn II? grin yu're definitely unto something there, we need some more prickly characters as well as some characters who just naturally command respect on the pitch (like Giggs and Scholes for Manure), its the other part of the game where this team needs to develop and gain experience. There are stories I've heard of games back in the days when the likes of Viera would have already won the psychological battle in the tunnel even before stepping on the pitch, they would actually sort out the opponents hard men with words in the tunnel even before stepping on the pitch.

In terms of prickly characters, I think Nasri is becoming one while we have another one in waiting in Jack Wilshere who has that nasty streak that has actually earned him respect with the Bolton squad and Cesc seems to be commanding more respect on the pitch both with opposing players and the refs nowadays. but we definitely need more characters like that as it seems we have too many gentlemen like Denilson and Diaby these days. Even Song is a gentleman but few players would dare mix things up with him due to his sheer physical size.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 12:26am On May 08, 2010
Dudu,

I'm not even going to try wasting precious strength to type out what's on my mind about arsenal.

So,whats the 411 on transfers?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:37am On May 08, 2010
v3:

Dudu,
I'm not even going to try wasting precious strength to type out what's on my mind about arsenal.
So,whats the 411 on transfers?
Not much info, you know how it is with Arsene, he is still not fully confirming the Chamakh deal but that is definitely settled. Its all about wish lists now and one player I think could improve our team is Arda Turan who is Galatasaray's captain at 23 yrs of age, he epitomises the never say die spirit of that Turkish team that got to the semi finals of euro 2008 and our present squad could do with more of such players. Only problem is that he plays Arshavin's position (left wing) and is not in the age bracket we're looking to bring players in since he'll be the same age as the likes of Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 12:46am On May 08, 2010
Now. . with the Chamakh deal seemingly done, how do we go about seeing off the likes of Almumu and flopyanski?

Joe Hart and Gigi buffon could defo work wonders, if what i read in the dailies is anything credible. . but i don't see the latter coming in though.

Diakhate's also in the mix AGAIN! Do we have to ALWAYS settle for adult frenchies?

He said we'll need "class", well lets see how much of that class he would bring in.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 3:45am On May 08, 2010
The caller that said SONG aint as good as Flamoney was, is obviously drunk off his own urine . . .

We need a reliable cover for Song more than any other position in that squad . . .lose him in a match and watch ur team capitulate if u hadnt been in the lead !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 10:17am On May 08, 2010
I dont even know why flamini has suddenly become hero. His spell of good form was short before he eventually went to milan. Flamini is a regular player who just hit form and wanted increase in wage immediately. Thats fraud. Fawk him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:57pm On May 08, 2010
I see where the caller is coming from even though the comparison of Flamini to Song is way off the mark, but atimes we do need an high octane kind of player in the Gattuso/Flamini mode who will just keep buzzing round opposition players kinda like Manure's Fletcher or Liverpool's Mascherano. Over time though, I think Arsene seems to favour more of those cool calming influence kinda players in the holding MF role. It even shows in his choosing Eastmond over Coquelin when the latter was clearly preferred by the youth coaches like Bould and Banfield.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 3:48am On May 13, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2010
Imagine wetin dis useless crash cause. Return our thread to page 7.

Duduspace and Debo u know u guys are the main contributors to this overload. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 8:54am On May 13, 2010
What happened ? I can see dayo's silliness has infected NL servers
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dyabman(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2010
Has Rapture taken place already!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:46am On May 13, 2010
dyabman:

Has Rapture taken place already!

You dey fear? I know what you did last night. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 1:11pm On May 13, 2010
2 months of sh.hit - Oh the World Cup to ginger mi a lil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:46pm On May 13, 2010
What happened ? I can see dayo's silliness has infected NL servers

I think GAYYners know that as long as NL is up and running, they can never win any trophy. They havent celebrated a trophy on NL so they decided to attack the server.

May your trophylessness reign forever
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2010
AMEN!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 8:14am On May 14, 2010
^^
Chickenshrimp, permit me to ask you these few questions smiley

Did you drink a goat's urine?
Were you belched from DK's lipsrsealed ?

No wonder you tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:17pm On May 14, 2010
v3 na wa fo you oh. U get time for that Italian ashe lipsrsealed

Meanwyl wen dat Morrocan boy dey come nah.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 1:30pm On May 14, 2010
See what three months of NO EPL causes cry cry

I want my ____! angry
@slim
Worst kept secret of this season. . first time we get to know a player's definitely coming before it's official! sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 2:08pm On May 14, 2010
Silly GAYnners, whatz happening?
Una don buy players yet?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 14, 2010
~Sauron~:

Una don buy players yet?
Na beans?
When all their players are about to leave:Gallas,Fabregas,Arshavin. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2010
Una don buy players yet?

They are about to complete the signing Aruna Janjaguma A prolific 3 month old baby born to a farmer and his wife in Kisangwani, Congo who kicked his mother to death while just before being delivered. Its strongly believed this guy would win the WPOTY in the yeat 2035.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 5:23pm On May 14, 2010
v3:

^^
Chickenshrimp, permit me to ask you these few questions smiley

Did you drink a goat's urine?
Were you belched from DK's lipsrsealed ?

No wonder you tongue

Permit me to ask you only one question, Aren't you ashamed of useless club's trophylessness? undecided
For crying out loud 6 seasons shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

slimshay:

v3 na wa fo you oh. U get time for that Italian ashe lipsrsealed

Meanwyl wen dat Morrocan boy dey come nah.
Birds of the same feather flock together. Useless club, Useless fans grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 5:33pm On May 14, 2010
chic2pimp:

Permit me to ask you only one question, Aren't you ashamed of useless club's trophylessness? undecided
For crying out loud 6 seasons shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Birds of the same feather flock together. Useless club, Useless fans grin
How in God's name is THAT ANY of your bi'ness?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 6:16pm On May 14, 2010
Dude you should bow your head in shame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On May 14, 2010
This trophylessness is becoming worrisome. 3 seasons is understandable but 5 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

How do you sleep at night?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. / Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.