Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,748 members, 7,875,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (61594 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lordimpaq(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2010
ahonohai:

We'vestill got Cesc Fabregas

u still haven't replied my mail sir.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
Take a look at Eboue in this pic.
He looks. . . . HIGH
Fab seated right beside Monsiur Wenger!. . in an Arsenal Jersey.
Good to see! cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2010
^^^Eboue is the funniest player ever. Ive seen him playing all manner of tricks on his teammates in warm-ups. Every team needs such a player to maintain team spirit and make training interesting. Wenger would never sell him for that reason alone.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
LoL eboue na clown grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 6:07pm On Aug 06, 2010
Ibime:

^^^Eboue is the funniest player ever. Ive seen him playing all manner of tricks on his teammates in warm-ups. Every team needs such a player to maintain team spirit and make training interesting. Wenger would never sell him for that reason alone.
Eboue na mad man
Crazy funny grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2010
Denilson looks like he's about to offload some poo grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
v3:

He was holding it in. . . .he must've gone to let off the load immediately after the shoot. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2010
v3:

You no dey OK, grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2010
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2010
OK Cesc,we will brace our selves for the next episode come next summer. tongue

How hard is it to get a good keeper Arsene,with an experienced CB to boot. . . pheeeeeeew angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2010
Wow. . What's good fellas and females? For the first time in a mighty long time i'm actually chilled and do not really give a phuck about who Wenger does or doesn't sign and its such a wonderful feeling especially since the old wigga is still
testing microphone. I would still give him a quick 40 tip though: If he is tired of losing to Drogba and Chelsea he should buy Tulio (That Jap defender)perhaps after he breaks another arm of the Ivorien he would go easy on us

By the way whats the happs on the new kit? Anyone got it yet? That away strip no try at all! Maybe we should start talking to Adidas

@Duduspace
Bros abeg wetin Walcott do you? Did he mack your broad or thief your kele? Even when he does well and create chances that his compadres squander you still have something to say about him. He has performed in more big games than Diaby and Denilson combined despite being younger than them and with considerably less games under his belt.
I see an injury-free Theo doing it real grande this season cos whether you like it or not he is still our most dynamic player on the flank and our most direct. All this other youth academy products y'all keep hyping still have a long way to go abeg. No be only JET na BRT  grin grin

And someone should tell Koscielny too buff up a bit. Drogba,Rooney,Torres,Tevez would swallow him like an okele of amala if what i saw at the Emirates Cup is anything to go by

I don't remember ever being this pessimistic about an upcoming season but lets see how it goes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2010
Wenger no well. I no fit beliv say by this tym,him never sign any goalie yet. With citeh having two top class keepers,and each of them wanting the No.1 jersey, Arsene should initiate serious negotiations. If na Hart,make citey give us. I tire for Le Prof
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
@A-40

I dont like to get on the back of any of our players but IMO Theo is the worst player in the arsenal squad, true enof he has unbelievable pace but that boy no be footballer. I've watched, hoped and prayed that Theo would change but it seems I have to face up to the truth. Theo is the worst "footballer" in the Arsenal squad, true he is an impact player but methinks that is all he'll ever be particularly if not played centrally.

I'm almost ashamed to say it but Nzogbia, Young and Lennon are all better wingers than Theo.

One of the hallmarks of an exceptional player is versatility and adaptability, Theo practically sucks out wide and rarely goes past his man despite such blazing speed and IMO messes up team play, you should have watched some of our pre-season matches cos at a stage against AC Milan, Nasri stopped passing to him. If you watch his game now, all he thinks of is facing the goal and going to score because he sucks at everything else.

All the young players (Wilshere, JET, Frimpong, Lansbury, Aneke) coming through the ranks right now might not have his pace but they are first of all footballers, when you pass the ball to them at the least you expect them to do something with it or give it back but with Theo, it is more likely he will give it to the opponent. Theo is either very exceptional or sucks very badly, there is no in-between for him.

I think he is in the last chance saloon now, so many people I know are already saying it would be a shame if the likes of JET have to go on loan while we keep Theo around, just go and watch the Sturm Graz game again, JET in one half of football created as many opportunities as Theo probably did all of last season, and he was playing as a right sided MF for the first time whereas we've been trying to make Theo a winger now for the past 3 seasons or so.

I love every Arsenal player, but this is my opinion of Theo, I can't fault him for trying, perhaps if we could match his tenacity to Vela's ability, then we would have a Messi on our hands but make we siddon look sha, time will tell.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2010
Wenger wants Schwarzer - that is clear, but the situation at Fulham who didn't have a manager till recent affected things.

Now Hughes has come in, he is unlikely to trade with Wenger, so he might have to look elsewhere.

Regarding the CB situation, all I know is that he wanted Jagielka, and that fell through, and he wanted to keep Sol as well. I still expect him to sign a CB, so I'll wait another few weeks before panicking.

With the Cesc matter sorted for now, let's focus on getting the desired replacements and looking forward to the new season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
Skysports na hin una dey believe, what has AW said about it, Barca ?

@40

Walcott isnt looking like a student you can always vouch for at quiz competitions, yes . . .he wld answer d odd question but is he just there to make up the numbers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mamagee3(f): 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2010
debosky:

He was holding it in. . . .he must've gone to let off the load immediately after the shoot.  grin grin
Hi debosky. . . grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Krayola(m): 9:35pm On Aug 06, 2010
pschhheew!! Dry club gunnin for another trophyless season. Oshi o da!! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by sirwebs(m): 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2010
Will tomorrow's game be on Supersport?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2010
Krayola:

pschhheew!! Dry club gunnin for another trophyless season.   Oshi o da!!  grin grin

They already have the emirates cup in the bag grin, that should console the poor fans against yet another fruitless season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2010
duduspace:

@A-40

[b]I dont like to get on the back of any of our players but IMO Theo is the worst player in the arsenal squad, true enof he has unbelievable pace but that boy no be footballer. I've watched, hoped and prayed that Theo would change but it seems I have to face up to the truth. Theo is the worst "footballer" in the Arsenal squad, true he is an impact player but methinks that is all he'll ever be particularly if not played centrally.

I'm almost ashamed to say it but Nzogbia, Young and Lennon are all better wingers than Theo.

One of the hallmarks of an exceptional player is versatility and adaptability, Theo practically sucks out wide and rarely goes past his man despite such blazing speed [/b]and IMO messes up team play, you should have watched some of our pre-season matches cos at a stage against AC Milan, Nasri stopped passing to him. If you watch his game now, all he thinks of is facing the goal and going to score because he sucks at everything else.

All the young players (Wilshere, JET, Frimpong, Lansbury, Aneke) coming through the ranks right now might not have his pace but they are first of all footballers, when you pass the ball to them at the least you expect them to do something with it or give it back but with Theo, it is more likely he will give it to the opponent. Theo is either very exceptional or sucks very badly, there is no in-between for him.

I think he is in the last chance saloon now, so many people I know are already saying it would be a shame if the likes of JET have to go on loan while we keep Theo around, just go and watch the Sturm Graz game again, JET in one half of football created as many opportunities as Theo probably did all of last season, and he was playing as a right sided MF for the first time whereas we've been trying to make Theo a winger now for the past 3 seasons or so.

I love every Arsenal player, but this is my opinion of Theo, I can't fault him for trying, perhaps if we could match his tenacity to Vela's ability, then we would have a Messi on our hands but make we siddon look sha, time will tell.

Not all gayners are retarded and the bolded section confirms it. I'm glad some arsenal fans such as yourself and follipimpi are starting to see

it for what it is.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2010
@Jalether

I have always said Walcott is extremely useless,he cant dribble all he got his pace.I would take a skillfull player over an Ikedia like player any day any time.

@A-40 Baba

Where u dey since ?? Thankfully we are on the same page,Arsenal won't win nada this season FACT !!!! Unless we buy a new GK as well as a Tall,Strong CB,IMO we also need a back up DM incase Frimpong does not come thru as usual Denilson will have a back problem and be out for weeks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 11:24pm On Aug 06, 2010
Yea yea Cesc,just stay fr one more season and be off to the Catalan area
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mamagee3(f): 12:13am On Aug 07, 2010
Where is Debosky?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:14am On Aug 07, 2010
^ I thot u were obsessed with CR7 b4 how come is My man Debosky u on now ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 12:16am On Aug 07, 2010
[size=16pt]Cesc Fabregas: I will stay at Arsenal this season[/size]

Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has released a statement claiming that he will remain at the club this summer and that he will be 100% committed to the Gunners.

Fabregas, 24, was heavily linked with a move to Barcelona, who had two bids in the region of £30 million rejected this summer. But the midfielder now insists he will be staying at the Emirates after weeks of speculation.

"Firstly I would like to apologise to all the Arsenal fans for not speaking sooner about my future but I have not known what I was going to do until this moment,'' he said. "I cannot deny that joining a club like Barcelona was not an attractive move for me.

"This was the club where I learnt my football, it is my home town where my friends and family are and a club where I have always dreamed of playing. There are not many players in the world who would not want to play for Barcelona.

"I have had many conversations with Arsene Wenger both in person and over the phone over the last few months and although the content of those conversations will remain private, the conclusion is that Barcelona have had two formal offers rejected by Arsenal.''

Fabregas admits that he owes a lot to the club and that, as he will not be allowed to move this summer, he will be fully focused on bringing a trophy to the Emirates for the first time in five years.

"I am a professional and I fully understand that it is Arsenal's prerogative not to sell me,'' he said. ''I owe a lot to the club, manager and the fans and I will respect their decision and will now concentrate on the new season ahead with Arsenal.

"I can assure all the fans that now the negotiations have ended I will be 100% focused on playing for Arsenal. I am an Arsenal player and as soon as I step out on to the pitch, that is the only club I will be thinking about. I am looking forward to the start of the season and putting this speculation behind me."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=812173&sec=england&cc=5739
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by vescucci(m): 12:53am On Aug 07, 2010
The saga (debacle) ends
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:47am On Aug 07, 2010
follypimpin
when you know who comes around, he will twist your words.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by agabaI23(m): 4:20am On Aug 07, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 6:32am On Aug 07, 2010
duduspace:

@A-40

I dont like to get on the back of any of our players but IMO Theo is the worst player in the arsenal squad, true enof he has unbelievable pace but that boy no be footballer. I've watched, hoped and prayed that Theo would change but it seems I have to face up to the truth. Theo is the worst "footballer" in the Arsenal squad, true he is an impact player but methinks that is all he'll ever be particularly if not played centrally.

Ashley Young?? Don't be a jester Dudu when Ashley Young was Ashley Young you would struggle to list 3 wingers in the EPL that where better than him!! Person wey Madrid wan buy? Or is it because he has sorta lost form now.

Lennon is as erratic as Walcott the only difference is he is a bit more experienced

Nzogbia? No be only Nzogbia na Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba enyi. Very soon you would tell us Pete Edochie and Nikki Minaj are better than Theo

Just to prove how much of a Walcott hater you are i would list a lot of players at other non top 4 clubs that are better than what we have at their various positions. Are Diaby and Denilson as good as De Jong,Palacios,Fellaini,Petrov e.t.c. is Nasri better than Modric or Arteta? Is Bendtner better than Bent,Defoe or Agbonlahor? based on last season can you say Clichy is better than Assou Ekotto or even Leighton Baines? We have the worst defensive unit in the top 7 for goodness sake and you keep going on like Theo is our problem. Why is it just Walcott you keep singling out for crucifixion? You make it sound like Arsenal is filled to the hilt with world-class players and Walcott is the only one cramping their style, get real mehn after five years of Wengernomics we have little or nothing to show for it and thats why a lot of Gunners camped at MFM Prayer City because of Fab 4 & Barca our best player who was persistently benched by Busquets and Pedro who don't even have three seasons of top-flight football under their belt

duduspace:

One of the hallmarks of an exceptional player is versatility and adaptability, Theo practically sucks out wide and rarely goes past his man despite such blazing speed and IMO messes up team play, you should have watched some of our pre-season matches cos at a stage against AC Milan, Nasri stopped passing to him. If you watch his game now, all he thinks of is facing the goal and going to score because he sucks at everything else.

Worst player in the squad?? You need to stop this hateration mehn because there are few players in that present Arsenal squad that have shown they are better than him on a consistent basis and this i can say anywhere! If you don't agree please back up your arguments with cold hard facts and not just whims and sentiments This is a guy that has dealt with injury and the English press's mind-numbing hype. While comparing Nzogbia and Lennon to Walcott remember that they have been playing for much longer and at smaller clubs and have had more time to hone their skills compared to Theo that who been in the spotlight since he turned 17. I just feel you throw objectivity into the trash-can when it comes to Walcott because all these infants you keep comparing to Theo have most of the time played against vastly inferior opponents why not chill till they face EPL,UCL and International opponents before you start those far-fetched comparisons. What planet where you in when Bendtner single-handedly wasted 7 clear cut chances created by Walcott in one game Lampard did something of that sort in Internationals for England yet every time Walcott sets a foot wrong you are quick to grab your butcher-knife. You even use an unimportant friendly against Sturm Graz to compare JET to Theo? Sturm Graz?? If i enter Kuwait tomorrow i would assemble 11 boys with various levels of highness on Igbo that would make them look ordinary! Lets see how good he looks when he faces the likes of Mascherano,Fletcher,Essien,Palacios,Fellaini week in week out. Me i have no doubt in my mind that an injury-free Theo would do it grande this season but it seems your mind is made up on him already so nothing he does would suffice for you

Dr Kitaun:

Skysports na hin una dey believe, what has AW said about it, Barca ?

@40

Walcott isnt looking like a student you can always vouch for at quiz competitions, yes . . .he wld answer d odd question but is he just there to make up the numbers.
Bros i wan ask you one question. In the last 5 seasons that we have finished trophyless if you take out Cesc,RVP, Sagna can you name any one or two other players that have performed at a consistent level over multiple seasons (you would notice i left out Hleb and Adebayor). Our team is full of players that answer the odd question!!
That is why we have not won shyte
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 7:07am On Aug 07, 2010
follypimpi:

@Jalether

I have always said Walcott is extremely useless,he cant dribble all he got his pace.I would take a skillfull player over an Ikedia like player any day any time.

@A-40 Baba

Where u dey since ?? Thankfully we are on the same page,Arsenal won't win nada this season FACT !!!! Unless we buy a new GK as well as a Tall,Strong CB,IMO we also need a back up DM incase Frimpong does not come thru as usual Denilson will have a back problem and be out for weeks.

Oga mi i gentle ooh i been dey busy, was a bit ill and i was also expecting a baby (i just dey joke)

Lol i knew Wenger had lost it for a while but this close-season has to be the height! Peeps would say "well he fought tooth and nail to keep Fabregas" who cares what have we won for the past seasons that he has been here? Frankly i won't be suprised if he doesn't buy anyone again afterall Almunia did well at the Emirates Cup he also brought Nordtveit back from loan and has toyed with the idea of playing Song at CB so i would actually be suprised if he bought someone. I just hope he has the decency to actually leave if Arsenal do not win anything this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:21am On Aug 07, 2010
A-40:

Nzogbia? No be only Nzogbia na Nzogbu Nzogbu enyimba enyi.

hehehe. . . . classic 40 boi. . . .

I need concrete reasons why Walcott should be rated higher than David Odonkor though! tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 8:27am On Aug 07, 2010
Ibime:

hehehe. . . . classic 40 boi. . . .

I need concrete reasons why Walcott should be rated higher than David Odonkor though! tongue grin

Odonkor has been crap from day 1 now haba!! Cats keep saying Theo can't dribble and i ask how many English players can dribble? How many dribblers do we even have at Arsenal? Theo's passes are better never mind his off the ball movements. What he needs to work on is his decision making which is a common ailment amongst pacy players especially technically deficient english ones. e.g Wright-Phillips,Lennon

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. / Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.