Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,371 members, 7,888,211 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:45 PM

Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries (22444 Views)

Senate Confirms Buhari’s 43 Ministerial Nominees (Full List) / Senate Confirms 22 Commissioners For NPC, Rejects One (full List) / Nigerian Senators Receive N13.5 Million 'running Cost' Every Month - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2018
N13.5million in a single month and what are we getting in return for this. Nigeria is a joke. Where in the world is this being done ?
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by MRAKBEE(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
God will punish these politicians
God punish the useless twitter senator
God punish whoever did this to the Nigerian youths
More than 30% of our annual budget goes for the maintenance of these thieves both in the red and blue chambers...

In a sane country... The youths ought to have occupied the streets until such allowances are reviewed ...

There are only two tribes in Nigeria
They masses and the elites
The former needs to wake up... The country is going to the dogs
With the way things are going I can categorically state that a revolution is almost becoming imminent in the nearest future
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Bakynes24: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2018
A country that uses 80% of its Revenue on the welfare of Politicians, ex-politicians and Government officials cannot grow and impact positively in the lives of its people.

A friend once told me these group I mentioned above are the real citizens of Nigeria and that we the masses are just residents and not citizens because since I was born I have not gained one naira from the Government.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by aksule(m): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2018
Those who are fighting for the downtrodden masses will be disappointed by the same downtrodden masses who believed that their leader(s) can never do wrong. At the end of the day, you stood alone wondering what's wrong with our sense of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by caseclosed147(m): 9:21am On Mar 12, 2018
God save us from this Buhari season one.

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by harmbhrosz(m): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2018
praise010:

Rather than respond to the issue, you are here exhibiting tribal traits. The politicians aren't worst than you.
you automatically became blind to the person he quoted right
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Bakynes24: 9:24am On Mar 12, 2018
MRAKBEE:

With the way things are going I can categorically state that a revolution is almost becoming imminent in the nearest future
Revolution for where? For Nigeria? You must just be joking, with the tribalism in the land, the youths cannot be united for one just cause. We are too divided to cause a revolution. With the way each ethnic group supports their own tribesmen even if they are guilty of a crime.

The politicians have made people so poor that, if you try any uprising, they will send the soldiers to shoot at the crowd and they have so made Nigerians poor that we can't even go 3 days revolting. Many Nigerians survive on daily work or job so how can you revolt when you don't have food to eat the next day.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Shroud: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2018
This goes to say alot about the people of Nigeria. Gullible and extremely tolerant.

Pastors in Nigeria are richer than their peers in wealthy advanced countries

Senators in Nigeria take home more pay then senators in US or UK , yet the masses are 100 times poorer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by don4real18(m): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2018
13.5m x 12mths x 4yrs x no of senators = grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Yusuf54: 9:33am On Mar 12, 2018
Acidosis:
Okay, can we know what Governors receive monthly?

N13.5m x 4 years is not even up to N1 billion. Does it mean a Senator can't boast of N1 billion corrupt savings after 4 years?

This is the same country where a Governor built a N2 billion mansion in his home town and another in Abuja barely after a year in office.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/12/11/furore-over-kogi-govs-multi-million-naira-mansion-in-okene/

another N1.2b mansion in Abuja barely after a year in office

http://thenigerialawyer.com/scandal-governor-yahaya-bellos-2-1billion-naira-mansion-exposed/

The earlier we realize that Nigerian Governors are the most corrupt political figures in Nigeria, the earlier we will learn to set our priorities rightly.

Only an ediot would doubt the fact that a Governor like Yahaya Bello is richer than 40 Nigerian Senators put together.

Nigerian youths, your Governors are your Number 1 ENEMY.
....U r wrong...We r our own enemies
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Muzikluva(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2018
This country is a big mess... Until all these political holders and public office workers salaries and allowances are reviewed, we cannot move forward as a country. 13.5m monthly asides their outrageous salaries... What for??! I wish I could blow up the sen_ate angry undecidedgreedy bunch.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Cajal(m): 9:36am On Mar 12, 2018
omowolewa:
Another person's 35years salaries and Allowance
...yes dinno melayo dey use am buy cars

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by 400billionman: 9:37am On Mar 12, 2018
josh123:
Greedy leaders dats why we are still wallowing in poverty
grin Dont forget the annual N200m constituency allowance for each senator.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Pat081: 9:40am On Mar 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
shocked N13.5M as a running cost not even salary

And they say Nigeria is poor

What is the need to borrow money when you can comfortably afford to pay N13.5M to each member of the Senate without blinking

Why borrow to pay workers when senate are receiving this side money

How can Nigeria be well when pensioners who worked to serve the country are still in tears in old age

No wonder all Nigerian senate cannot proffer any solution undecided

If not how can they be there and this great injustice is melted out to those they are there to represent and they all kept quiet

And the federal government is dashing the masses free lassa fever treatment while the few lazy ones are embezzling our money

and they say we should be praying for our leaders undecided

Someone collecting N18,000 minimum wage should be praying for those collecting N13.5M side money shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This country is a joke!
d 18 thousand u re talking about some state did nt pay it oooo n dia governor is living grt dnt let mi say d name of d state

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Acidosis(m): 9:44am On Mar 12, 2018
Cajal:
...yes dinno melayo dey use am buy cars

Yahaya Bello dey use him own build mansions

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2018
They have finished us in this country
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by BanevsJoker(m): 9:47am On Mar 12, 2018
princepeter566:
and yet a police officer that receive 40+ as salary is being slash down more than 50% all in the name of tax.why was the tax not deducted when GEJ was on seat ?
Enjoy your Change.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by oluwaahmed: 9:48am On Mar 12, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Isn't it just comical that FFK, Saraki, Dino & Fayose ALL Yoruba men have become gods to the Aba Jews ? grin

U are just a low life f00l. Senators from all over d region are going home with 170m annually talkless of HOR and Governors yet you are here being tribalistic. The mods can ban after this but Nigerian youths are a disgrace. We support these thieves, die for them during elections cut ourselves over peanuts dey give us. We divide ourselves with ethnicity meanwhile these guys are united up there. Was it not ajimobi and ganduje that joined their siblings in marriage? Stay here and be a tribalist. Lagos governor enacted a tribalistic rule in Lagos and people were here jumping up and down with leave Lagos for Yoruba, afonjas etc. Our collective wealth are being stolen and we are cool with it as long as I can call someone Afonja, Igbo or Malou. How many people with decent jobs can save up to 100mil in their life time even if ur salary is 500k a month. I dey vex abeg

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Cutehector(m): 9:50am On Mar 12, 2018
Very soon the senate will send a press statement denying publishing this
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by FarahAideed: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2018
princepeter566:
and yet a police officer that receive 40+ as salary is being slash down more than 50% all in the name of tax.why was the tax not deducted when GEJ was on seat ?

For real? Are you sure of these illegal tax deductions
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Pat081: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2018
Muzikluva:
This country is a big mess... Until all these political holders and public office workers salaries and allowances are reviewed, we cannot move forward as a country. 13.5m monthly asides their outrageous salaries... What for??! I wish I could blow up the sen_ate angry undecidedgreedy bunch.
Wu will review dat wen dey know dat it will work again dem
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by dfav: 9:55am On Mar 12, 2018
these and other reasons, why i still prefer military govt.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Jogunomi1: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
shocked N13.5M as a running cost not even salary

And they say Nigeria is poor

What is the need to borrow money when you can comfortably afford to pay N13.5M to each member of the Senate without blinking

Why borrow to pay workers when senate are receiving this side money

How can Nigeria be well when pensioners who worked to serve the country are still in tears in old age

No wonder all Nigerian senate cannot proffer any solution undecided

If not how can they be there and this great injustice is melted out to those they are there to represent and they all kept quiet

And the federal government is dashing the masses free lassa fever treatment while the few lazy ones are embezzling our money

and they say we should be praying for our leaders undecided

Someone collecting N18,000 minimum wage should be praying for those collecting N13.5M side money shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This country is a joke!

Thank God they are treating lassa fever for free. I managed to graduate from the University with hearing impairment. Now I can't get jobs because interviewers get to know about the impairment. In saner countries, hearing aids are given free of charge. Though it's very costly, the question is: do we have up to 500 people that need hearing aids in Nigeria? No. I don't pray for God to judge again because I know He will surely not judge them.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by lordswill03: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2018
And they couldn't simply approve the new minimum wage? Which way Nigeria
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by ibkgab001: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2018
Average Nigerians is a thief

sanusi/soludo
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by RexTramadol1: 10:06am On Mar 12, 2018
We need a revolution

A bad one at that.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by nonix22(m): 10:11am On Mar 12, 2018
Running cost from where to where

Chai!

There is God o
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by BlackPantherxXx: 10:12am On Mar 12, 2018
oluwaahmed:

oluwaahmed's epistle to his useless homosexual father and worthless spermbank mother:

[s]U are just a low life f00l. Senators from all over d region are going home with 170m annually talkless of HOR and Governors yet you are here being tribalistic. The mods can ban after this but Nigerian youths are a disgrace. We support these thieves, die for them during elections cut ourselves over peanuts dey give us. We divide ourselves with ethnicity meanwhile these guys are united up there. Was it not ajimobi and ganduje that joined their siblings in marriage? Stay here and be a tribalist. Lagos governor enacted a tribalistic rule in Lagos and people were here jumping up and down with leave Lagos for Yoruba, afonjas etc. Our collective wealth are being stolen and we are cool with it as long as I can call someone Afonja, Igbo or Malou. How many people with decent jobs can save up to 100mil in their life time even if ur salary is 500k a month. I dey vex abeg[/s]

Keep barking, it's making me sleep cry

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:12am On Mar 12, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
God will punish these politicians
God punish the useless twitter senator
God punish whoever did this to the Nigerian youths
More than 30% of our annual budget goes for the maintenance of these thieves both in the red and blue chambers...

In a sane country... The youths ought to have occupied the streets until such allowances are reviewed ...

There are only two tribes in Nigeria
They masses and the elites
The former needs to wake up... The country is going to the dogs

God isn't a man...so you better leave God out of this... are we the only one who can call God more? Until we see these people as thieves and rogues who plunder our Commonwealth and ACT... remember Venezuela.. they took the bull by the horn.. they were bulls before they could do that. Arab spring came into mind too.. just as it happens then..but are we gonna do that.? these people play politics with our lives. religion, ethnic, tribal bashing and bantering will not let us unite to do such. please... God won't just be active unless we ACT too... no sane country get freedom without paying a price..
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by Eagba(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2018
My friend went to fix inverters, solar and batteries for a senator worth 40million naira. Along the line a fellow senator came and was bragging that," o since you fix this your unit for 40mil, i'll hv surpass you and make mine 50mil ". And i was like see how they are insulating their selves from the problem of the masses.
If it were to be the house of common, they'll be arguing day n night on ways to solve the power problem.
Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by watchindelta(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2018
very bad Country with wicked ppl. i spit on the name Nigeria. bullshit. am out

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries by eaddyboy: 10:21am On Mar 12, 2018
Now Tell me why they won't kill just to get there!! God save this Country from Corrupt Leaders and bad policies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Why APC And PDP Aspirants Must Bring A Consensus And Face Tinubu / Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate / Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.