Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,143 members, 7,890,858 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:09 PM

Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit (1677 Views)

APC's Government Dances Unclad – Timi Frank, Commends Auditor-General, US Report / PDP Accuses APC, Presidency Of Fresh Plot To Rig In Kano, Lagos, 14 Other States / Kano Rally: PDP Accuses APC Of Smuggling, Demands Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by dre11(m): 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2018
By Andrew Ajijah,

More signs of the troubles within Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, emerged on Monday as a minister of the federal government accused an APC governor of mismanagement, corruption and deceit.

The party is faced with separate crises in many states, including the ones it governs.

On Monday, the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Solomon Dalung, accused the Plateau State Government of mismanaging over $2 billion loan collected.

According to the minister, the APC administration in Plateau was not prudent in managing resources.

“Where is the $2 billion loan collected from African Development Bank for potatoes processing factory payable in 25 years? Where is the factory located? Or where is the money kept and whose account? Why did the state government keep the issue of the loan secret?” the minister said in a statement he personally signed in response to an attack on him by the APC chairman in the state.

Mr. Dalung was not done. He also accused the state government of mismanaging local government (LG) funds.

“What is happening to LG funds? What is happening to 5 per cent meant for the traditional council?”

The minister also accused the Governor Simon Lalong administration of lying about the security situation in the state; and of deceiving President Muhammadu Buhari.

”And if peace has returned to Plateau, why was the LG elections suspended because of security concerns? Is it not true that Governor Jang constructed all the roads in Jos and Bukuru metropolis except for state low cost -Dong road? You were present when former President Goodluck commissioned Federal Secretariat bridge, why did Governor Lalong mislead the president to recommission it again?” he said.

REASONS FOR OUTBURST

President Buhari was in Plateau State last Thursday as part of his visit to violence-ravaged states.

Scores of people have been killed in ethnic-related violence in Plateau, mainly between nomadic herdsmen and farming communities. Over a dozen people were killed in the state even on the days the president visited.

A day after the president’s visit, the minister accused Governor Lalong of side-lining him from the visit. He said he was not officially informed of the visit by the state government, despite being a minister from the state; and that even when he attended a reception organised for the president, he was not allowed to speak. He also accused the governor of playing to the gallery by renaming a road, formerly named after a former military ruler, after Mr. Buhari.

“Another disaster of the president’s visit was the renaming of Yakubu Gowon way to Muhammadu Buhari way. To say the least, it is embarrassing,” the minister said in an interview he posted on his Facebook page.

“Gowon was the president’s boss, how can he be stripped of a 40-year privilege and honour in his home state? This is the worst thing that can happen to a man like the elder statesman. I believe that General Gowon is feeling betrayed and abandoned by his own people.”

In response to the minster’s outburst, the APC chairman in Plateau, Latep Dabang, criticised the minister, allegedly describing him as a lunatic.

The chairman, who spoke in an interview with ViewPointNigeria on Saturday, accused the minister of working against the party in the state.

In his response on Monday, the minister thanked Mr. Dabang “for speaking your minds even though uninformed about the facts.”

“Let me appreciate the chairman of my party, Latep Dabang, for referring to me as a mad man. Of course he is free to his opinions but certainly not correct too.”

“I am of a sound mind because mad people do not possess capacities to raise weighty issues.”
According to Mr. Dalung, the APC chairman was frustrated.

Nigeria President, Muhammadu Buhari and Plateau State governor, Simon Lalong
“I can understand the problems confronting my friend and brother, Latep Dabang. His mentor has left the party, so things are falling apart, the centre can no longer hold.”

Taking a swipe at Governor Lalong, Mr. Dalung said the governor ”never heed to his (Dalung) wise counsel”.

“For Governor Lalong, I honestly have respect for him because he is my leader. I have given him series of advice and will continue to do even though he has not taken any,” he said.

He said he was not ”eyeing Mr. Lalong’s office in the 2019 governorship elections”.

“The Governor should realise where we are coming from and save the state from further drifting into chaos. I have been quite supportive to the governor and his administration despite his repeated turning down of advice. I am concerned about the state and do not have any political ambition.”

APCs MANY CRISES

The conflict between an APC minister and a government controlled by the party is not unique to the state.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi, boycotted a presidential campaign programme organised his state by the Minister of Communications, Adebayo Shittu. Mr. Shittu is also from Oyo and plans to succeed Mr. Ajimobi, who rounds off his second term next year.

The APC is also facing major crises in other states like Kogi, Kaduna, Ogun and Kano where APC governors are locked in battle with APC senators.

President Buhari has since set up a committee headed by ex-Lagos Governor, Bola Tinubu, to resolve many of the crises. There are, however, doubts if the Tinubu-committee can resolve the various disputes.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/261544-buharis-minister-accuses-apc-government-of-corruption-deceit.html

lalasticlala
Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Haggui: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
May God scatter all of them in that devilish party. Useless party of incompetent dullards

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by sarrki(m): 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2018
So is Buhari governor of plateau?

The minister wants to rule plateau

They both contested primaries

So the story didn't Tally
Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by sarrki(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2018
Haggui:
May God scatter all of them in that devilish party. Useless party of incompetent dullards

PDP ruined this nation

A dead APC is better than a living pdp
Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Himmler: 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2018
BMC don already show face for the thread.someone must earn his pay and he just commented above me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Paperwhite(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
"They shall surely be gathered but not of me sayeth the Lord.Whosoever shall gather together against thee shall surely fall for thy sake."-Isaiah 54:15.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Olukokosir(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
No matter how tired I may be,seeing buhari on Tv always gives me strength to stand up and change the channel..mtcheww

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Paperwhite(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
sarrki:

PDP ruined this nation

Seem the OCD no want leave you.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Angelparadise: 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
upereagle(m):1:52pm
Letter from an Abducted Dapchi Girlto President Buhari
By Mayor Ikoroha

Dear President Muhammadu Buhari,

I greet you in the name of Allah and congratulate you on the return of your son Yusuf after an apparently successful medical tourism to a country better managed than Nigeria. When I saw Yusuf’s smiling face on television, I recalled the gloomy faces of my schoolmates picked up by moonlight that fateful night as we were being driven by our abductors to a land unknown after they forcefully took us from our school.The excitement on your son’s face as he returned back to a life of luxury whereby he uses expensive motorbikes to drive away boredom contrasted sharply with the dreadful melancholy on the faces of my schoolmates as we were being taken in a rickety truck to a life of certain misery. I saw Yusuf being surrounded by ministers, government officials and a state governor, each person trying hard to identify with his joy. This was almost the same way our abductors surrounded us, each of them trying to identify closely with any of my schoolmates he found most sexually attractive.When I saw the mirth and glow on the face of your wife over the recovery of her only son from a serious accident, I remembered the crying and tear-ridden face of my mother when they showed her on television. I heard that your wife thanked Nigerians for their prayers and concern over Yusuf’s accident. I also heard that my mother complained that security agencies harassed and beat her because she lamented the way the government handled the issue of our abduction.Please send my warm regards to Yusuf. Tell him that I envy people like him – those who are fortunate to live like kings in a land full of suffering. Tell him that people like us still exist – those whose cardinal sin was that they were unfortunate to be born in a country cursed with incompetent leadership and insensitive leaders.His Excellency, I currently live with two men who take turns to rape me countless times in a day. The first day, I fought one of them as he tried to deflower me but he hit me so much that I passed out. It was when I woke up that I realised that he had deflowered me while I was unconscious. I wept for several hours over my lost virginity and wept more when I realised that the second man also slept with me too in my insentient state.I wish you can ask these men why they usually thrust their stinking bodies on me one at a time, one after the other, anytime they finish saying their prayers, taking my pride as a woman in such a violent manner that I wonder whether the god they just prayed to do assent to such cruelty. I used to struggle and cry in the past but now I am drained of energy. So I only close my eyes and beg God to take my life and save me from an existence I never thought was possible. But God has refused to listen so I starve myself and eat any strange substance that I come about, hoping to die of hunger or poisoning. I am disappointed that I am still alive.They did not care whether I ate or not in the first four days. But since their commander came and talked to them, they have been bringing food to me, sometimes begging me to eat. I overheard their commander telling them that they need to keep me alive and well so that they would use me to make a lot of money from the Nigerian government and get some of their commanders in government custody released. Initially I did not understand what they meant until one of them said they want to use me and my schoolmates the way they have been using the other girls they took from Chibok to blackmail and extort the government. Sir, even in the lowest point of your glorious military service and your remarkable life, you wouldn’t have experienced half of what I am goingthrough. I am permanently disheartened over my uncertain, miserable future and I keep thinkingof my parents and siblings who don’t know whether I am still alive or dead. My mother is hypertensive and I doubt whether she would survive the abduction of her favourite daughter by bloodthirsty terrorists.I don’t know where exactly we are being kept but I know we are very very far from our school where they took us. The truck that took us fromour school drove through the road and bush for several hours in the night, until we got to a newly cleared place that looked lonely and deserted. They kept all of us who were taken from our school there for a day and then separated us and drove me and nine others forseveral hours to another place where we were shared out to twentydirty, stinking bearded, Quran-clutching, gun-trotting men. The place we now find ourselves looks like it was hurriedly built with woodand paper cartons and is located deep inside a thick bush.Every evening, they bring ten of us together in the house of a man they call Sheikh where I was surprised tosee a big television with satellite connection which is powered by a small generator. Most of the men were usually interested in Nigerian news, which Sheikh interpreted to those who do not hear English.All of us former schoolgirls usually sit quietly in a corner of the large room, each of us aware of the trauma and tragedy of the other. Werecognise one another but we hardly talk to each other as we are aware that our oppressors may be listening and they have instructed us not to speak to each other. Even if we wanted to talk, I wonder in our anxiety and anguish what any of us may want to say to another. So we always sit face down, innocent girlswhose lives have been ruined by thefailures of the government and institutions that were supposed to protect them.Mr. President, you need to do something about those in your government that tell regular lies and those who bring disgrace to your name. You need to see the waythe men laughed when they heard that you have deployed 100 aircraft to look for 110 girls and how they laughed harder when they watched a newscaster narrating how the Nigerian police and army were blaming each other over our abduction.It was the third day we were taken there that Sheikh explained the existence of the television. I heard him telling one of them that looked like a fresh recruit that they bought the television together with a generator and a lot of sophisticatedweapons after your government paid them handsomely in order to secure the release of some kidnapped lecturers. They talk about you as if you are one of them.They seem very delighted that you are Nigeria’s president.Sheikh has huge white beards and spoke with authority. He looks like you – tall, dark in complexion and lanky – but with a beard. He speaksto us like an uncle and keeps tellingus that we were abducted in the service of the holy prophet and that we may be needed on an important mission. One day, I complained to him about the persistent rape and beating by the men that I live with. That was after one of them beat me mercilessly only because I was menstruating. I wasn’t surprised or shocked when Sheikh told me that I should count myself lucky that some servants of Allah were violating an infidel. My ordeal is like an unending horror movie that I have become inured to surprises and shocks.When we got back to the place we are staying after the encounter, both men beat me thoroughly with sticks. I did not cry or shed a tear. Maybe the tears refused to come or my body is now deadened to pain. I don’t really know.Our dear President, it was during our sixth visit to the Sheikh’s place that I saw you on television looking very happy and excited amongst other expensively clothed men and women. It took me a while to understand that you were attendingthe wedding of the children of two serving state governors. Do you know that our abductors found the scene on television so amusing that they laughed and laughed and laughed? Their laughter was so loud and consistent that it drew the attention of all of us in the corner of the room. When we realised what tickled the men, all of us started crying. Our scalding tears were because of the tragedy of our lives and the tragedy of our country.You see, when I was in primary school, I dreamt of being married bya wealthy man

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by saarumann: 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2018
Who cares about APC problems? Removing them from power is a task that must be accomplished.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by saarumann: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
On a second note, why will a gov recommission a project already commissioned by the former administration? Again why will the gov rename a road already named after someone else 40 years ago? Will this not cause confusion to commutters and mottorist?
It seems APC is bonafide conglomerate of blockhead govs from yaya bello, Elrufia, otom, to lalong down to buhari himself.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by baralatie(m): 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
plateau doh jam
Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by chuksjuve(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Sarrki trying to do the job of Femi Adeshina grin

Dude doesn't know that defending buhari and Apc government is an exercise in futility..

A house divided against itself cannot stand..

Apc is going for good

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by enlady(f): 12:13am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:

PDP ruined this nation

You are very ignorant. The last pdp administration in plateau state completely changed the face of Jos metropolis with good roads, bridges and other infrastructure. The pdp lost in the last election because the former governor was nepotistic not because of performance. The Apc administration on the plateau is mediocre

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by freeze001(f): 1:21am On Mar 13, 2018
Choi! So Lalong further enhanced the stupidity of d scarecrow by getting it to commission an already existing infrastructure commissioned by GEJ? And that Mr Daftus fell cheaply, no due diligence because he's a loyal leader...senility don seriously consume Bubu

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by doctokwus: 2:17am On Mar 13, 2018
Olukokosir:
No matter how tired I may be,seeing buhari on Tv always gives me strength to stand up and change the channel..mtcheww
You are lucky.
The rare occasions I have the misfortune of seeing him on TV,his picture on newspapers or online,I always have this very discomforting body upset that makes me feel like throwing up.
So count yourself lucky your body can still bear the sight of him,no matter how short you are exposed to his nauseating person.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by dignity33: 3:27am On Mar 13, 2018
Have you observed that most corrupted Governors are the bestfriend of Buhari for example. Imo state, Jos, kadunna, Kano, kogi and Ajimobi etc

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by kingphilip(m): 4:41am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:
So is Buhari governor of plateau?

The minister wants to rule plateau

They both contested primaries

So the story didn't Tally
deal with the message not the message

Are the points he raised true or false

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Omeokachie: 7:18am On Mar 13, 2018
This Plateau governor was busy attacking Ortom in a disgusting asslicking display to curry Buhari's favour.

Today the stench of the dirty linen that is his government is being displayed for all to see.

Propaganda can only take you so far.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by chichar1(f): 8:57am On Mar 13, 2018
sarrki:

PDP ruined this nation

bros you need a psychiatric doctor
Re: Buhari’s Minister Accuses APC Government Of Corruption, Deceit by Islie: 11:53am On Mar 13, 2018
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

APC Fixes Prices For 2019 Nomination Forms (see How Much Buhari Will Pay) / Name One Project Initiated & Completed By PDP (16yr) Led FG In Your State. / Contradictions In Atiku's Policy Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.