Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,394 members, 7,926,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 10:24 AM

Best Friendship Quotes That Can Make You A Better Friend - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Friendship Quotes That Can Make You A Better Friend (478 Views)

21 Quotes That (if Applied) Change You Into A Better Person / 10 Powerful Quotes That Will Change the Way You Live and Think / Some 'Albert Einstein' Quotes That Will Inspire You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Friendship Quotes That Can Make You A Better Friend by Fayek(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2018
"Friendship is like money, easier made than kept."

- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."

- C.S. Lewis (1898-1963)

"Friendship are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."

- Dior Yamasaki

"Friendship is the one mind in two bodies."

- Mencius (c.372-289 BCE)

"Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears."

- Marlene Dietrich (1901-1992)

"Friends are God's way of taking care of us."

- Marlene Dietrich (1901-1992)

"Friends have all things in common."

- Plato (c.427-347 BCE)

"Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."

- Woodrow Wilson (1856-1924)

"Friendship doubles our joy and divides our grief..."

- Marcus Cicero (c. 106-43 BC)

"Friendship always benefits; love sometimes injures."

- Seneca (c. 4 BC-AD 65)

"A friendship founded on business is a good deal better than a business founded on friendship."

- John D. Rockefeller (1839-1937)

"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere. Before him, I may think aloud."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

"A friend may well be reckoned the master piece of nature."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

"A friend in need is a friend indeed."

- Wise saying

"A true friend knows your weakness, but shows you your strength. Feels your fears, but fortifies your faith. See your anxieties, but frees your spirit. Recognizes your disabilities, but emphasizes your possibilities."

- William Alan Ward (1921-1994)

"A friend who frown is better than an enemy who laugh."

- Anonymous

"All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand."

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox (1850-1919)

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."

- Len Wein (1948-2017)

"A friend is one who walks in when others walk out."

- Walter Winchell (1897-1972)

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

- Donna Roberts

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

- Anonymous

"A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more."

- Jasmine Fitzwilliam

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh close than a brother."

- King Solomon of ancient Israel (c. 1010-931 BCE)

"A friend is a gift you give yourself."

- Robert Louis Stevenson (1850-1894)

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"

- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

"A true friend is the gift of God, and he only who made hearts can unite them."

- Robert South (1634-1716)

"A friend to everybody is often a friend to nobody."

- John Ploughman

"I have noticed certain people who pretend to be great friends to a falling man because there are some few pickings yet to be got off his bones. The lawyer and the money lender will cover the poor fellow with their wings, and then peck at him with their bills till there's nothing left."

- John Ploughman

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with a few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the stocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."

- George Washington (1732-1791)

"Business brings money but friendship hardly ever does."

- Anonymous

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend."

- Albert Camus (1913-1960)

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

- Anais Nin (1903-1977)

"Everyone is a friend, until they prove otherwise."

- Anonymous

"Express a mean opinion of yourself occasionally, it will show your friends that you know how to tell the truth."

- Ed Howes (1813-1871)

"He who throws away a friend is as bad as he who throws away his life."

- Sophocles (c. 496-406 BCE)

"If I did not make mistake and if I always knew which road to travel, where every step would lead into, and if each face had turn to see me pass and smiled in appreciation, and if my heaviest burdens were only to be a breeze upon my back and my brow was never crossed with lines of pains; if it was only summer I saw and winter's fury never beat me back, then I never would have seen the stormy nights through which I have struggled and won; I never would have known the joy of needed comfort given or the essence of friends."

- Katie Paton

"I went out to find a friend, but could not find one there, I went out to be a friend, and friends were everywhere!"

- Anonymous

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther king Jr. (1929-1968)

"If one sticks too rigidly to one's principles, one would hardly see anybody."

- Agatha Christie (1890-1976)

"It is better to treat a friend with kindness while he is living than display flowers on his grave when he is dead."

- Shiv Khera (1961-)

"If you want deep, lasting friendship, you cannot always be the strong one. And that can be frightening; especially if you've had someone hurt or manipulate you. But you must let a friend see you in your weakness. Some of us have never done this, and we wonder why we're lonely. We're going to have to get vulnerable to have a true friend."

- John C. Maxwell (1947-)

"If asked to choose between a faithful friend and a million dollars, choose the friend. The rewards of good friendship are greater than all the riches in the world."

- Anonymous

"If a man gave spoken expression to thought that came into his mind, he would have no friends."

- Napoleon Hill and Herold Keown

"I have no talent for making new friends, but oh, such a genius for fidelity to old ones."

- George Louis
https://www.quotephilosophers.com/2018/03/best-friendship-quotes.html

(1) (Reply)

AAUA: Students Panic Over 200,000 Tuition Fee Speculation As Union Intervenes / Final Year Student’s Leg Crushed During Jubilation After Final Exams / University Transcript Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.