Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,995 members, 7,938,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:07 PM

Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family (7528 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / …babangida Defends Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by mue2: 12:54pm On May 16, 2010
chidichris:

why are we leaving the object for shadow?
obasanjo has refused us democracy. the abiolas are in no position to say who will or who will not rule nigeria after all their father was part of our present suffering as contributed by his criminalities.
it is rather unfortunate that most of us here are not even interested in our constitutional rights to vote and be voted for.
the abiolas and their supporters shld tell obasanjo to allow the amendments of the constitution that will allow the senate choose the inec chairman and institutionalize our inec. a well organised election will see nigerians choose their representatives instead of obasanjo handpicking practically everybody for every post and impose them on us.
as long as obasanjo remains the sole decission maker in nigeria, our coming here to argue these issues will remain useless.
like i said, the most undemocratic thing to do will be for the abiolas or the obasanjos to have the responsibilities of selecting and imposing rulers of their choice on us.

Chidichris,with all due respect,you should stop insulting the Abiola family and their late brother's/father's legacy.His brother has said nothing wrong by opposing IBB,he is simply saying what so many Nigerians have been saying since we all heard that the retired Military man had intentions of running for president.Practically everybody is saying that it would be unaceptable and a moral hazard for IBB to run for president,so why should it be any different when the Abiolas say it? In a democracy , every man is free to speak his mind,so why not the Abiolas whose father and brother was the matyr of democracy in Nigeria ?

And stop insisting that Abiola was a thief and "was part of the cause of our present suffering as contributed by his criminalities".What concrete evidence do you have to prove that Abiola is a person of questionable character? a thief? No disrespect,but you have none ! The only "evidence" you have are old rumours  that were created to stigmatize the man.What public office did he ever hold to steal from? We all know about the lack of accountability in the government as government officials are able to steal public funds and are not really answerable or accountable to anyone.But do you really believe that a manager of a multinational firm can get away with embezzling company funds on the scale you claim Abiola did ? Would he not have to answer to the firm's shareholders? His superiors in the company hierarcy in the USA? Would he not have been sent to jail? Please think about it.Let's talk like educated people.

Even with the glorified Obama of the USA, when he was running for president,speculations of him engaging in money laundering arose.But were they true? Such stories are regularly made up to taint the reputation's of public figures.

The only possible truth in all the critisms of Abiola might be his sponsorship of coups in Nigeria.But even this is unproven.There is nothing to prove this.So let's stop making claims and statememts for which we have no evidence.Abacha is a thief,Obj is a thief,ibori is one too etc , there is evidence to this effect. So Pls do not categorise the Late Legend MKO Abiola as one of these people.

For example, if i call you a liar , then it only makes sense for me to provide good evidence to back up my claim.

Thankyou.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by chidichris(m): 2:50pm On May 16, 2010
Chidichris,with all due respect,you should stop insulting the Abiola family and their late brother's/father's legacy.His brother has said nothing wrong by opposing IBB,he is simply saying what so many Nigerians have been saying since we all heard that the retired Military man had intentions of running for president.Practically everybody is saying that it would be unaceptable and a moral hazard for IBB to run for president,so why should it be any different when the Abiolas say it? In a democracy , every man is free to speak his mind,so why not the Abiolas whose father and brother was the matyr of democracy in Nigeria ?

And stop insisting that Abiola was a thief and "was part of the cause of our present suffering as contributed by his criminalities".What concrete evidence do you have to prove that Abiola is a person of questionable character? a thief? No disrespect,but you have none ! The only "evidence" you have are old rumours that were created to stigmatize the man.What public office did he ever hold to steal from? We all know about the lack of accountability in the government as government officials are able to steal public funds and are not really answerable or accountable to anyone.But do you really believe that a manager of a multinational firm can get away with embezzling company funds on the scale you claim Abiola did ? Would he not have to answer to the firm's shareholders? His superiors in the company hierarcy in the USA? Would he not have been sent to jail? Please think about it.Let's talk like educated people.

Even with the glorified Obama of the USA, when he was running for president,speculations of him engaging in money laundering arose.But were they true? Such stories are regularly made up to taint the reputation's of public figures.

The only possible truth in all the critisms of Abiola might be his sponsorship of coups in Nigeria.But even this is unproven.There is nothing to prove this.So let's stop making claims and statememts for which we have no evidence.Abacha is a thief,Obj is a thief,ibori is one too etc , there is evidence to this effect. So Pls do not categorise the Late Legend MKO Abiola as one of these people.

For example, if i call you a liar , then it only makes sense for me to provide good evidence to back up my claim.

Thankyou.

@mue2,
i am sorry if i offend u with my post because u sound too innocent to be provoked.
i am delighted that many nigerians are doing what they can to see that nigeria is working.
u mentioned prove, every nigerian would not like ibb to come back to power, why? because of unproven allegations. but u and i know the truth.
u asked me which public office abiola had for him to steal, the same question was asked but not answered when ribadu arrested the man contesting the same senatorial position with iyabo obasanjo.
if u know about the abiola's involvements in all coups in nigeria, are they good enough reasons for us not to allow him to be the president of nigeria? do u know about nemesis? how many elections were aborted in nigeria under the military men and why is abiola's case a different one?
abiola was close to the military men and they killed him so it is a just death and killing to me because those who live by sword are to die by sword.
do u know about the ITT saga? pls find out more facts about that and know ur abiola very well.
like u said, in a democratic setting, ppl have right to air their views which the abiolas have done but the same constitution says u will not do that while infringing someone else's right or freedom.
ibb has never been disinfrachised by any law court here in nigeria hence he still has his right to vote and be voted for. the abiolas by this call are not acting in any different manner from obasanjo who says, who contests and who will not and i tell u, as long as our constitution is suprem, ibb has right to vote and be voted for and that is democracy for u.
come to the think of it, can u eat ur cake and still have them? the yorubas were compensated with obasanjo who in turn declared ibb clean of all accusations hence ribadu did not find anything worth incriminating ibb so why the noise?
until someone tells me what i don't know, ibb is a star in the making and if he has his ways, he will become the next president.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by styles2009: 7:02pm On May 18, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-446661.0.html

His coming would soon be on the net grin

Naija is just one country i like anyday!
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by Nenum(m): 9:22pm On May 18, 2010
For the Record.

In the late 80's Tai Solarin (known Philanthropist) went on a one man match claiming, he read on Ebony magazine, that IBB stole N500 million , he also was distributing pamphlet to that effect.
he was latter invited by d military to dodan barracks, where he was asked if he had any prove and his source, he said he read it on ebony magazine, so he was given 5 continuous issues of Ebony magazine for him to point where he had read his story.
after going through all the issue, he then said actually he heard from 2 market women on a bus ride (every where went silent).
well the military men left him to go home and by 9 o'clock network news, the incident captured on camera was aired.

later Tai Solarin became Chairman of People's bank (work of the evil genius)
Wole Soyinka was made chairman of FRSC ( maradona at work)

we all know IBB is a thief, but my dear don't ever give him audience.

that's why before Gani died he never agreed to have any one on one meeting with IBB (he claimed no matter how focus a fighter you are, ones your part crosses that of IBB the rest would be history)

so when he died the evil genius, said "Gani is one of his greatest critic that he would forever respect and also respected the most"
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by SKYPO: 11:55am On May 19, 2010
Good people of NL, i salute
let us face reality here. If IBB and Goodluck are given same opportunity to contest in 2011 election. In my opinion IBB will WIN because every Zone will support him except the West. Since 2011 election is going to be free and fair election according to our president Jonathan, if so then allow IBB to contest like every other person in this country because we are the one to choose or elect who becomes the president of naija in 2011. We the Nigerians to judge not one ethic group like Yoruba to judge who becomes next president of naija in 2011.

Remember, all these ex leaders are criminals including our past president OBJ.

The devil you know is far better than Angel you don't know.
Re: Babangida Will Not Be President - Abiola Family by TenLove: 2:48pm On May 27, 2010
mekusxxx,your contributions battles me.i wonder the kind of planet you belong to.if you dont have reasonable,educative and intelligent contribution to offer,pls,keep shut and allow reasonable men to analysis the issue.note.nairaland is for men not boys like you.hope you are not nursing political ambitious better dont.may you have the ability to think before talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Francis Luther Osayanem, A Nigerian Student Charged For Bank Fraud In Malaysia / Nigerian Press One Of The World's Freest - UN / Aturu Threatens To Sue Over Fawaz , Others Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.