Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,858 members, 7,909,215 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:01 PM

Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. (1205 Views)

When You Get Hurt, What Makes You Feel Better? / Do Players Actually Get Hurt And Caught In Their Games? / 7 Reasons Why Females Get Hurt In Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by lareine(f): 1:41pm On May 03, 2010
I have been in this relationship for 4years now. I have come to know the guy very well but I don't think I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

We have compatibility problems e.g he's laid back sort of and I'm more upbeat.

He doesn't trust me(though he will never admit it) and it's even worse now that we are far apart. He calls me on the average 5times a day, mostly to know where I am and with who. And when ending the call he'll say 'I love u' and I must respond same else,

He also has a temper. He would flare up at the slightest provocation e.g he calls and I don't pick or my friend picks. I've been so embarrassed at his outbursts. But he has never laid a finger on me and when I talk to him about it he'll change for like a week or more and revert to his old self.

He likes me a lot I think and friends tell me it's love. But I want to opt out because I don't think I can live with that. I have tried breaking up with him before but he cried like a baby to my brother and his brother too kept calling me to pls settle with him.

I want to break up with him but without hurting him or having him cry back and he's not a baby, he's 35. I'm 31 and I need and settle down and in a home I'll have peace. I have been faithful to him and as long as I'm with him I can't see anyone else.
Pls I need sincere advices and not abuses on him nor myself. Thank u.
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Idowuogbo(f): 1:54pm On May 03, 2010
babes y did u wait dis long to realize dat hes not worth it, I would say d devil u no is beta dan d devil u dont no.I dont tink ur bobo wud wana move on jus like dat cus like u said hes 35 probs wana settle down . Woman my advice wud b learn to adapt and understand , also make him aware dat hes on and off character is making you withdraw and if he values wot u got den he can battle his insecurities.

DONT BREAK UP WIV HIM, work together to nourish ur relationship ,ur frnds are rite its LOVE
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by indie22(f): 2:03pm On May 03, 2010
He sounds to me like he can be a bit controlling and has trust issues. Trust me, dats not a good thing and over time it'll get worse. I've been in a relationship with sumone like that before and although I loved him to bits I just knew that he would never change and I could not be with someone like that for the rest of my life. I would constantly blame myself and tell myself for his over reactions and public outbursts and make excuses for his behaviour, but at the end of the day I had to let go coz I knew although I was faithful his insecurities ran real deep and I would be miserable as his wife.

If you think you can live with it, then fine, but if ud rather not want to live the rest of your life pretending to be someone you're not, then I'd say let it go,

1 Like

Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by cantell(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2010
@Idowu,
Sometimes you have to be patient for things to work out by themselves.

@Poster,
You have every right to leave when you want to, just don't do it on phone or pick a quarrel to do it.
Get to him and tell him the truth about how you feel. It would be unfair to lead him on, only to dump him later.

1 Like

Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:24pm On May 03, 2010
cantell:

@Idowu,
Sometimes you have to be patient for things to work out by themselves.

meaning?dat she shud liv him rite
ellaborate pls
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by cantell(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2010
Idowuogbo:

meaning?dat she shud liv him rite
ellaborate pls
Ah! Sorry ooo. This my hand dey mistype anyhow. E be like say i go trowey am.***throws the bad hand away***
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Idowuogbo(f): 3:36pm On May 03, 2010
^ lol y u scared ellaborate now

lets us advice aunty now

joker y u dey run
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by cantell(m): 3:47pm On May 03, 2010
^^^Abeg i no fit. All the ladies here dey take turn dey fight me.
First it was Ujujoan,Radiant and the last person wey dey pour sand for my garri now na Cyberfreak. Our case still dey hot. I no wan carry ur own join am.
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by NET1(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2010
You have a good heart. Some chics dont know how to break up with somebody. They make it sound like you are the DEVIL - or they pick a quarell to break up. (leaving you with hard feelings)

My dear, I think you have the right to have a good life in future. If you think it may not work out with your guy, break up with him in a polite and confident manner.

I know it might be difficult for him to swallow it, (prolly because he loves you a lot), but dont give in to his tears. I am sure he will adjust after some months.

I believe that evreyone has a right to a good life. You two can still be friends much later o.

I wish you luck,

.NET
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Gunnaz007: 10:47pm On May 03, 2010
lareine:

I want to break up with him but without hurting him or having him cry back and he's not a baby, he's 35. I'm 31 and I need and settle down and in a home I'll have peace. I have been faithful to him and as long as I'm with him I can't see anyone else.
Pls I need sincere advices and not abuses on him nor myself. Thank u.

See d bolded huhn? It makes me wanna bwuahahahaha bwuahahahaha bwuahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just give d old man a knockle knock if he comes back crying afta you've done d right thing lady!!!!

It's dangerous to stay in such a relationship lady cos if d man marries u, he might not want to see you working where u wud b exchanging banters with male colleagues, rather he might prefer u to be a housewife and bedwarmer shocked shocked shocked

It pisses me to hear a man cried over a lady when she worked out angry angry angry angry angry
TELL IT TO HIS FACE THAT IT'S OVER cool cool cool
Let him cry cry cry cry cry cry cry u a RIVER!!!!!!
but dont look back!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by babtundeokelola: 10:54pm On May 03, 2010
That man is a big disgrace!
Crying because of a Woman.
Im pissed off
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by kpolli(m): 12:09pm On May 04, 2010
ur old enuff to know when its time to move on
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by laprince(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2010
face your fears!! how can you face your fears in this relationship!?

threatening to leave the relationship wil not change him.It could also put you in an emotional truama.

SIT HIM DOWN AND TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT IN THE RELATIONSHIP.TAKE YOUR TIME TO WATCH HIM.

IF HE BEHAVES WELL AND LATER GOES BACK TO THE SAME OLD BEHAVIOR THEN YOU CAN LEAVE HIM.

ask him what his fears are about you.mind you, don't create space 4 distrust.
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Bheey: 9:18am On May 06, 2010
Hi Poster, I'm a lady in a position as you are. Can u contact me so I have a chat with u?
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by cantell(m): 11:09am On May 06, 2010
Bheey:

Hi Poster, I'm a lady in a position as you are. Can u contact me so I have a chat with u?
***rolls eyes*** i'm in the same position too.
Can i contact you?lol
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 13, 2010
hello poster was in a r/ship like that smetime back but minus the sensitive nature my guy was too laid back for my liking but we had been together four years and i was tired of pushing him to go for it my own career itself was crawling i just knew i could not be with him anymore so i sent him a text but he kept calling and that made me feel really guilty after feeling soo bad i decided i shouldnt have sent him the text he deserved better than that after all we had shared so i travelled to see him and told him some of the reasons naturally i couldnt tell him all.funny part there was no new guy and all he kept saying was who is the new guy.well it ended well and we are still goodfrends.The thing you must not do is play games with him that always hurts more well atleast thats wat i think
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by vivaladiva(f): 12:40pm On May 13, 2010
ermmmmm thats y its called a break up cos its meant to hurt somehow
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 13, 2010
Breaking up will cause one's heart to bleed and it hurts no matter how nice it has been said. cry
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Jerrysmith00(m): 11:13am On May 15, 2010
9ic 1
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by DisrealAm(f): 11:53am On May 15, 2010
my dear pls face the fact, as you said you are 31 and he is 35, if you let that relationship go you will live to regret it because he is of more addvantaged than u. lets asum u go now that you are 31 it will take u more than 2yrs to get another serious minded person, all men are HOOKED! b4 u knw it you are 35 and still single. (now think how you might end) u might end up running back to him when its late.

pls stay and sort yourslfs out!

Thank God he dos not womanise and dosn't beat you up. these are the key things for leaving a man

PLS GIVE HIM HIS WAY, YOU DNT KNW WAT THE NEXT PERSON MAY BE MADE UP OF.
Re: Breaking Up So That The Other Party Doesn't Get Hurt. by Youngpo413: 7:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^ TOUCHE!

(1) (Reply)

I Love Her But Can I Survive Her Illiteracy? / A Bailout! / Why Are Gurls Becoming Too Over-zealous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.