Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,291 members, 7,913,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 10:45 AM

What Is It Like To Go 3 Days Without Sleep? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is It Like To Go 3 Days Without Sleep? (483 Views)

Soak Unripe Pawpaw In Water For 3 Days And Drink, For The Health Benefits / Getting A Smooth Face In 7 Days Without Spending A Dime (home Remedy) / "I Don't Know What It's Like To Walk But I Know How To Live"; Disabled Lady. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is It Like To Go 3 Days Without Sleep? by NgHealth(m): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Someone recently told me about his plan to go 3 days without
sleep and i did not even hesitate with my disapproval.

According to him, its all part of an in house competition, to see who is able to withstand the terrible effects from lack of sleep.

The truth is, people will always endanger their lives and in most cases their decision would be based on ignorance .

I had to tell him facts, to help him realize that his decision to go on a 3 days without sleep competition is a bad bad choice that could get him into some serious health troubles .

I had to help him understand that the impact of sleep deprivation can be intense and its effects can linger. In extreme circumstances, sleep deprivation can lead to death.

In the words of Terry Cralle, RN , a certified clinical sleep educator in Fairfax, Virginia:
“As a society, as families and individuals, we have not yet fully appreciated the importance of sleep”

“ Sleep , along with diet and exercise, constitutes the very foundation of good health.”

So What Is It Like To Go 3 Days Without Sleep?

Going 3 days without sleep, the first 24 Hours.

The consequences of sleep deprivation at 24 hours is comparable to the cognitive impairment of someone with a blood alcohol content of 0.10 percent, according to a study published in the International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health. ( 1) “Judgment is affected, memory is impaired, there is deterioration in decision-making, and a decline in eye-hand coordination,” Cralle says. “You’re more emotional, attention is decreased, hearing is impaired, and there is an increase in your risk of death from a fatal accident.”

Read More
Re: What Is It Like To Go 3 Days Without Sleep? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah I did that shiit while I was a student

(1) (Reply)

Bed Bug Fumigation And Pest Control / Plus Sized Lady Shares Amazing Transformation Picture(photo) / Common Aftermaths That One Must Know About Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.