Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,692 members, 7,882,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? (8448 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS / Bishop Oyedepo And Hiv Test: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 20, 2007
Hi, just want to applaude your courage. A lot of people out there do not know thier status but they play holier than thoh to people who have tested positive. Am sure you have information on staying healthy. All i want to say is that you should stay strong ,God is not punishing you and God is not rejecting you. Stay stong and GOD will be with you. Please know that you are not alone
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by jjuummaaii(f): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2007
I dont think i like the way most pplegoing bout coloba's issue with so much pity, the guy is not meant to be pitied cos as far as am concerned its not a serious issue, someone even claimed he has been sentenced to death, what kind of death is that. there are so many deadly diseases out there that pple still survive so why all the fuss like he's going to die tomoro and even rubbing it more into the guy.
Like golden ray said , u dont have aids and u'll never have it so long as u take care of ur self.
HIV is not the end of the world and i just wonder how u'll all have reacted if u saw this guy face to face.

Coloba, are u planning to share it with ur fiancee or u just decided to keep mute may be for now?
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Glamourgal(f): 10:38pm On Mar 20, 2007
just being curious O!!
what made u go for the test in the first place??
u said ure not having sex. yes-prevention is better than cure, and we should have tests, whether or not we r in sexual relationships, but in ur case, i dnt really get it

anyways, take care.
all will be well
u can try and keep having tests, just in case, u never knw wink
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2007
Next time, use clean needles for heroin shots.

I just hope you told this fiancee
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by donnie(m): 12:23am On Mar 21, 2007
If the Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwell in you, that same Spirit shall vitallize your mortal body -Romans 8:11. If you have recieved the Holy Spirit, ensure that the above quote remains in your heart and in your mouth 24/7. Speak them out loud to yourself as often as possible. Say out loud: the Holy ghost is alive in me; i refuse to be sick or infected! Let it get into your spirit until it is the only way you can think. Then the Holy Ghost will take full control of your body. He will get into your blood and cleanse it of every infirmity. You will not die but live to declare the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! I love you. God bless.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by sisimose(f): 12:25am On Mar 21, 2007
awww guys so nice. Amen

i hope the poster is doing well smiley
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by nezerst(f): 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2007
I am not sorry for you! Ur story is not a sad one! U are not dying soon!(except u want to). I love your ATTITUDE and courage! Pls dont dwell on healing (God heals no doubt). Take your antiretroviral drugs and live positively and healthy. Nobody is better than you are. just stay strong. Join an NGO (learn and share). Love u.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by SandyRocks1(f): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2007
[size=8pt][/size][color=#000099][/color]WOW, GOD DAM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ma brother, the world had better prepare thier eyes to see another wonder from God. HE SHALL SURELY HEAL YOU, if u totally repent, belive and apply His WORD. i sincerely dont't see a clause to your healing, be strengthened my dear try to do what i have suggested, i am praying with you and i wait for your testimony on this forum. God loves you much.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2007
I am really touched and encouraged by most of the posts gotten. I want to thank every one of u. Some asked some questions about how I got it and if I'm going to let my fiancee know about it.

Well to be honest to u guys- I've not been faithful to her. i.e I had sex outside my relationship. If u criticize me now, I would not blame u. It wasn't the devil's handwork, I did it with my eyes open and with caution from God. Sometimes I think I'm being paid for not listening to and obeying God but He has assured me dat He has forgiven me and that is history.

I still feel hurt for betraying my fiancee. Yes, I've not had sex with her since I met her and she has also kept to herself all along. She is simply my star! I love her and cant allow her to find out now. I believe I will tell her after my healing (don't laugh. I really do believe I'll get healed) I feel she will leave me if I tell her (not dat I dont deserve dat) and dat will be a big blow to me.Scared if I can recover from such a blow.

I want to sincerely thank you guys dat have encouraged me. I cant start mentioning names but will definately tell God about my friends dat see and accept me the way He does. Keep on praying for me. I'm hoping to have a get-together wit u guys wen I'm confirmed HEALED! I hope the guys abroad will fly in grin Would love dat.

U guys have made me really happy. Thanks
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2007
coloba:

Well to be honest to u guys- I've not been faithful to her. i.e I had sex outside my relationship. If u criticize me now, I would not blame u. It wasn't the devil's handwork, I did it with my eyes open and with caution from God. Sometimes I think I'm being paid for not listening to and obeying God but He has assured me that He has forgiven me and that is history.

I still feel hurt for betraying my fiancee. Yes, I've not had sex with her since I met her and she has also kept to herself all along. She is simply my star! I love her and can't allow her to find out now. I believe I will tell her after my healing (

Should have known. You had all these people dash out kind words for a snake like yourself. In your first comment you mentioned how you and your girl have been together and you've both kept yourselves yada yada and now you are saying another thing.

You are disgusting. The only person that deserves pity and prayers is that poor unsuspecting girl that is trapped as your "finacee". Isnt she NOT allowed the option to choose whether to forgive and stay with you while you get "healed" or to just leave you for disrespecting their relationship?You didnt even have the sense to protect yourself while in the process. Olorun mu e. Now,  you are trying to keep her trapped by keeping your viscious lie from her? I'm sure this God you keep calling is proud of your decision. Arent you supposed to ask forgiveness from those you offended before you go on and ask Him for forgiveness?
How about you actually do something decent for once and actually tell her the truth and let her pick what she wants to do? Or do you expect to keep her off forever with excuses while you get your "healing". olojukokoro oshi.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ivgotfleas(m): 5:01pm On Mar 21, 2007
[b]Should have known. You had all these people dash out kind words for a snake like yourself. In your first comment you mentioned how you and your girl have been together and you've both kept yourselves yada yada and now you are saying another thing.

You are disgusting. The only person that deserves pity and prayers is that poor unsuspecting girl that is trapped as your "finacee". Isnt she NOT allowed the option to choose whether to forgive and stay with you while you get "healed" or to just leave you for disrespecting their relationship?You didnt even have the sense to protect yourself while in the process. Olorun mu e. Now, you are trying to keep her trapped by keeping your viscious lie from her? I'm sure this God you keep calling is proud of your decision. Arent you supposed to ask forgiveness from those you offended before you go on and ask Him for forgiveness?
How about you actually do something decent for once and actually tell her the truth and let her pick what she wants to do? Or do you expect to keep her off forever with excuses while you get your "healing". olojukokoro oshi.
[/b]

Everytime you post, you completely and utterly destroy any shred of credibility you came into this world with.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ivgotfleas(m): 5:03pm On Mar 21, 2007
[b]I did HIV test recently and the result came out to be positive. It was sent to Yaba for a confirmatory test but the result remained the same. When I was told, the whole world stopped and I could only hear my heart beat and the beats of the drums of death. I couldn't believe it. I'm less than 27, vibrant and handsome and has the most beautiful girl as fiancee. The only thing that makes me happy is the fact that both of us have never had sex, this calmed me a little but was still confused about what to do.

The only viable option that came my way was GOD! Believe it or not, He can do all things. You may be quick to condemn me by asking "is it now u know God exists?" I don't blame u,because u are right. I've not been totally clean and honest to God and my fiancee but I've chosen to renew my relationship wit Him. Its not been easy u know, but I have the faith that He will heal me.

A word of advice to all: don't play with your life! Abstainence is the best. Dont think u are safe by doing it just once or with just one person, that may just be the one that will get u "hooked and cooked" At this time I need your support and prayers to win this battle. I hope to share my healing with this forum when God does the miracle. Thanks.[/b]

Unless you have as much money as Magic Johnson, or unless they come out with some miracle cure soon, you'll be dead in the next 10 years. Sorry, you should have made better decisions in your life before this point.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by stellose(f): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2007
coloba, cry God is your strenght, our life is in his hand. we love you here at nairaland.
call me 08033106073 am stella
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by stellose(f): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2007
@ivgotfleas, please dont sound like that are you negative go for test
Anuohia abroad.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ivgotfleas(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2007
please don't sound like that are you negative go for test
Anuohia abroad.

Why, the person most likely made an irresponsible choice, now he/she's going to have to pay for it for the rest of his/her life.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 5:39pm On Mar 21, 2007
ivgotfleas:

[i][b]

Unless you have as much money as Magic Johnson, or unless they come out with some miracle cure soon, you'll be dead in the next 10 years. Sorry, you should have made better decisions in your life before this point.

Thanks for ur reply but want to ask u one question. Are u a christian? Do u think that's what Jesus would have said if His opinion was requested? I dont think so. Can u remember the story of the adulterous woman? What was His response? I think at this point what matters to me is HOW HE SEES ME. And yes u are right, I would have made better decisions in life b4 now (I have said dat b4) but no u are wrong, I would not die in the next 10 years. I dont have to believe ur report, for all I care, the other  guy may just be using u to kill my faith. Sorry to disappoint u though.

ThiefOfHearts:

Should have known. You had all these people dash out kind words for a snake like yourself. In your first comment you mentioned how you and your girl have been together and you've both kept yourselves yada yada and now you are saying another thing.

You are disgusting. The only person that deserves pity and prayers is that poor unsuspecting girl that is trapped as your "finacee". Isnt she NOT allowed the option to choose whether to forgive and stay with you while you get "healed" or to just leave you for disrespecting their relationship?You didnt even have the sense to protect yourself while in the process. Olorun mu e. Now,  you are trying to keep her trapped by keeping your viscious lie from her? I'm sure this God you keep calling is proud of your decision. Arent you supposed to ask forgiveness from those you offended before you go on and ask Him for forgiveness?

As for ThiefofHearts, what would u do if u were in my shoes? I've come to discover that people are too quick to judge or profer solutions when they are not being affected but will do the opposite of what they have adviced if they were to find themselves in that same position. Let me make some things clear at this point:

I never asked for anyone to dish out kind words to me or feel any pity for me or did u see any where I wrote dat? All I asked for were prayers and advice. That and even more, I have gotten from so many nice people.

And secondly, who are u to judge me when I have prayed for forgiveness from God and He has heard me. U said I should report my vicious lies to my fiancee, right? I bet u want me to just walk up to her and scream (with my hands in the air) I HAVE HIV!!! Sometimes I wonder if some persons hearts are made of rocks. I'm not saying that keeping her in the dark is right, no, I believe she has the right to know and decide. But for God's sake put urself in my shoes and think. Do u think telling her will help me? Did u read my last reply at all?Pls try and have a heart ThiefofHearts (ur own)
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2007
thanks stella. will try and call u.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2007
You are just rambling rubbish. Kind words were only given by others because you decided to keep the real truth out of your first posts, hmm I wonder why?

How about you put yourself in HER shoes? Would you want her to keep such a thing from you? Again God will not forgive you until you receive her forgiveness and the only way that will happen if you stop being so greedy and actually tell her the truth.

Until then I still stand by the fact that you;re a gross hypocrite who is only thinking of himself hence your comment "do you think telling her will help ME", who says this is about you anymore? This is about you and another person. Keep making excuses, I'm sure eventually someone will fall for them.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by coloba: 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

You are just rambling rubbish. Kind words were only given by others because you decided to keep the real truth out of your first posts, hmm I wonder why?

How about you put yourself in HER shoes? Would you want her to keep such a thing from you? Again God will not forgive you until you receive her forgiveness and the only way that will happen if you stop being so greedy and actually tell her the truth.

Until then I still stand by the fact that you;re a gross hypocrite who is only thinking of himself hence your comment "do you think telling her will help ME", who says this is about you anymore? This is about you and another person. Keep making excuses, I'm sure eventually someone will fall for them.

I don't need to reply u henceforth ThiefOfHearts. And I wonder why ur signature is saying something different from what u are saying. Do have a nice day
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2007
Lol good, have fun losing your hair and immune system. Btw, have you considered how expensive HIV meds are?  oniranu oshi  cheesy
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by omoge(f): 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Poster

for you to decide not to tell your fiance is very BAD decision and i hope you change that soon instead of waiting to be healed. There is no cure for HIV you know, sure you can manage it but not cure it.

the best gift to your life and hers is to tell her thereby giving her the choice to stay or leave which is both good in the long run.
if she decides to stay, you both can pull through, if she decides to leave, same there. but there is nothing to gain by keeping your HIV secret.
many ladies stays with their man come what, just remember that and I wish you well.

if i hide any sin in my heart, the LORD will not hear my prayers, remember that right? so the forgiveness stage is not complete until you tell your lady.

it is not a matter of reporting my dear, it is sharing with her everything about you and not hide nothing. that is what relationship is all about.
look for a good time, good mood to share what you are facing with her. and i tell you a good lady will not leave you in this. she might be mad but feel your present situation and pull through with you,

cheer up and tell her okay, u will be more relieve than telling God alone.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ivgotfleas(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2007
Are u a christian?Do u think that's what Jesus would have said if His opinion was requested? I don't think so.

Yes, I am a Christian. As a follower of Christ, didn't Jesus tell prostitutes to "Go and sin no more?"

no u are wrong, I would not die in the next 10 years. I don't have to believe your report, for all I care, the other  guy may just be using u to kill my faith. Sorry to disappoint u though.

There are wonderful treatments for HIV, called anti-retrovirals. They can allow you to live a perfectly normal life for the most part. However, they are NOT cheap. That's what I was trying point out.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by hannydarl(f): 8:33pm On Mar 21, 2007
Dear mr coloba i am sorry you are going through such a hard time i also recently had a hiv test though i came out negative i had the test prior to a medical procedure.I believe most poeple have exposed themselves to the virus through risky lifestyles so there is no need blaming someone hiv positive when we know that it was only God that saved us when we were bad so the fact that what we did and went scot free backfired on another person who tried it should not make us feel hollier than them. Its justthat these days we should be careful with our lifestyle my heart skiped a beat when the doctor told me i will need blood transfusion i thought of hiv and everything that could go wrong with the transfussion. I dont know if it makes you feel better as it is easier for someone not troubled to say to a broken heart stop worrying a hiv negative person can never understand how you feel but i think it is not the end of your world i will remember you in prayer and i hope God anserws us as. Take heart
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2007
surprisingly how heartless, wicked, preposterous obnoxious, ridiculous, annoying, triphing, bad mouthed, ugly hearted, and dung hill minded some people are. even if he is a whoring, he shouldn't be crucified the way some people that will die before him crucified him. ha ha and this is not real life ooh it is still on-line.

@coloba, firstly, if your fiancee leaves you, let her know that she is the definition of a coward. secondly, if you throughly know you are down to nothing, then god is up to something.if i were you, i will tap into these anointing and i will pray that God should change my blood for his.because the bible say we are created in God's imagine, furthermore, it says we are wonderfully and beautifully made. maybe i still need to let you know that you cost Jesus his life. and the reason u are still living today is because all the time you've sinned and the devil went to god to report you, God does not see your sin whenever he looks down, he sees the blood of Jesus pleading for you. so baby boo, you need to look beyond yourself but look up to God coz by his strive you will be made whole.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2007
yea she's the coward for not wanting to risk her life but he should be praised for cheating on her without protection and also for not wanting to tell her the tuth

Are you drunk?
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by bluenubian(f): 3:22am On Mar 22, 2007
@oh coloba,
actually i cud care less if u have HIV cause having the virus is not the end of the world, but since u the first open Nairaland member with HIV, can u post ur test results for us to see, like scan it, i have only seen results that say negative, so could u do us a favor and post the test result so i see how a positive result looks like undecided, u can cut out ur name and anything that would divulge who u are. thanks
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by nigeriana(f): 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2007
Hey Coloba,
It must have been a shock getting a positive HIV result. However, its not the end of the world. I have been working in the field of HIV for just over three years now and also have a number of friends and colleagues living positively with the disease. Lucky for you, there are a number of centres around the country where you can enrol and get ARV drugs for free. My advice to you would be to go and enrol and have your tests done so that it will be determined if you are are eligible to start ARVs or not ( cos the fact that you tested positive does not automatically mean you should start ARVs immediately).Even if you dont start ARVs you will still need to be monitored by a qualified health professional. You can also join a support group for people living with HIV and get psychsocial support from them. Dont make the mistake so many people have made and spend all your resources looking for a cure. The hard fact is there is no cure at the moment although we pray for one in the future. Anyway, God is your strenght.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by nigeriana(f): 1:34pm On Mar 22, 2007
Hey Goldenray,
I just read what you said about multivitamins rejuvenating people's CD4. What company did you say manufactures it and what does it contain? There are lots of claims from all sorts of companies who are only interested in fleecing people of their hard earned funds. You said un- official research? What kind? Did the company do any clinical trials to test the drugs and are they documented anywhere? If these wonder multivitamins really exist and the manufacturer is not a con man, make the details public so that his claims can be verified. If not, stop dispensing the wrong advice to people infected with HIV. They already have enough problems
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by goldenray(m): 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2007
@ nigeriana:
true enuff i must say. One should not be too flimsy with important info if they can not be substantiated. Since you stay in Abuja, Perharps a visit to our facility will convince you? If you need more info lemme know.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by jjuummaaii(f): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2007
@ Coloba, U've got to realise that this is a public forum and there4 u are bound to recieve from pple with conflicting ideas and values. Pls I would love to implore u not to be moved by all this negative comments, stand to ur positive belief and keep declaring the word of God to urself, so long as God in his unending mercies has not condemned u then no "thief of Joy and life" can condemn u. what u have done is not as aborminable as what some pple here hav done one time or the other. UU are not the worst sinner and u wont be.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by zebudaya(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

ThiefOfHearts:

yea she's the coward for not wanting to risk her life but he should be praised for cheating on her without protection and also for not wanting to tell her the tuth

Are you drunk?

Where's all your anger coming from abi someone infected you with STD and ran?

coloba you should definitely tell your girl. There is no excuse for not telling! None
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ade4real(f): 4:11am On Mar 23, 2007
With God all things are possible and i know God will surely answer your prayers.Try and do some research online about drugs and what to use and follow up with your doctor and make sure you eat healthy(i watched a programm on tv recently about some people with aids for several years and without any medication,all they did was eating healthy and they are all fine) and i will always remember you in my prayers.It is well and with God,all things are possible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Vs. Jesus's Teachings: Is There A Conflict? For serious bible scholars / The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / Penal Substitution: Jesus Didn't Die In Place Of Anyone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.