Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,962 members, 7,873,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! (857 Views)

"PDP Must Not Lose Kwankwaso To Another Party" - FFK Says / What PDP Must Do To Defeat APC In 2019 – Jimi Agbaje / Children Are Fearless, They Saw Me And Started Calling “atiku” - Former VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by tomakint: 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
2019: PDP must not ignore Atiku-ex-minister

Ahead of the 2019 Presidential election, a former Minister and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has called on the leadership, members and supporters of the party to look in the direction of former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar in its search for a credible candidate to fly the flag of the party.

The ex-Minister who does not want his name in print because of his relationship with other Presidential aspirants on the party’s platform also challenged the PDP to take into consideration, the profiles of all contenders for the sole Presidential ticket, stating that while governing a state provides a good experience for a shot at the highest office, international exposure and knowledge of the workings of the economy should not be overlooked.
According to him, the party must not permit the emergence of a flag bearer who lacks the clout to command the respect of world leaders, especially as it relates to getting international support for government’s policies and programmes.

“There is no doubt that the President Muhammadu Buhari administration has failed both domestically and internationally. I think part of the problem this government is facing is the obvious lack of knowledge of the economy by the President and this is giving all of us a cause for concern.
“Today, we have tested leaders who have indicated interest in the job (Presidency) but we must carefully identify who amongst them, fits the kind of President we are looking out for. Atiku to me is the man and if you ask me why, I will tell you more,” he told Vanguard exclusively.

Pressed to reveal reasons for his position, the ex-minister who served in the cabinet of Nigeria’s immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan, had this to say: “I have heard a lot of arguments on how we can defeat the APC in the next election. Regardless of what anybody may say, I believe one of the things that facilitated the victory of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo as President in 1999 was his friendship and exposure to the international community. Atiku is unarguably the man with that kind of reach today from the pack of those eyeing the job.

“Let me use this opportunity to correct an impression that Buhari will sweep the polls if he is fielded against Atiku. This is a figment of imagination because if you talk about touching the lives of people, the former Vice Presidents have certainly done more for Nigerians than Buhari. Atiku has in his employ many Nigerians, cutting across south and north of the Nigerian divide. Buhari can only beat Atiku if Nigerians allow the polls to be rigged. So, what are they talking about? Aren’t you aware that even though he is a private person today, he holds court regularly with representatives of advanced nations of the world regularly?” he asked.

The PDP chieftain was apparently referring to the meeting earlier in the week of the Wazirin Adamawa with Bernhard Schlagheck, the German Ambassador to Nigeria who paid him (Atiku) a courtesy visit at his private residence.
Although details of the visit were kept away from the media, the two in the words of the ex-Vice President discussed “A broad range of issues including Nigeria-German relations, democracy and how the Nigerian economy can benefit from German investors.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/2019-pdp-must-not-ignore-atiku-ex-minister/
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by yanabasee(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
It isn't about PDP..... it's about what the masses want.....

Atiku should retire from politics please.....

Donald Duke will be the best fit.....

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by fk001(m): 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Atiku is a political prostitute that lack focus.

I will be more than happy if PDP will give him ticket as their presidential candidate

Pics 1 Atiku before 2019

Pics 2 After 2019 election PMB trash him

Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by MistadeRegal(m): 12:01am On Apr 06, 2018
I refuse to comment even after I did.
angry angry
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by NonsoWow: 12:19am On Apr 06, 2018
The same Atiku that seized many goods belonging to Igbo importers when he was in the customs service. Any Igbo person campaigning for Atiku must be an osu.
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by yarimo(m): 1:17am On Apr 06, 2018
The ex minster don't want his name print, that means both the ex minster, ATIKU and the PDP are still dubious set of people .
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by tomakint: 3:07am On Apr 06, 2018
NonsoWow:
The same Atiku that seized many goods belonging to Igbo importers when he was in the customs service. Any Igbo person campaigning for Atiku must be an osu.

Behold your next President come 2019! You can bookmark this thread for that after 2019 elections.
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by bjayx: 5:13am On Apr 06, 2018
Na them sabi undecided
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by Clerverly: 6:19am On Apr 06, 2018
tomakint:

Behold your next President come 2019! You can bookmark this thread for that after 2019 elections.

grin grin The way you bookmarked Jonadafft in 2015?
Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:24am On Apr 06, 2018
NonsoWow:

Please note that this dude is an Afonja
One would ask why he choose such a moniker then..

He is obviously ashamed of his roots .. undecided
So pathetic

2 Likes

Re: 2019: PDP Must Not Ignore Atiku - Former Minister! by tomakint: 1:15pm On Apr 06, 2018
Clerverly:

grin grin The way you bookmarked Jonadafft in 2015?

Somehow you are right NgeneUkwenu grin cheesy cheesy grin I dey laff in Spanish

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara, Others Attend Npdp Meeting / Man Threatens To Commit Suicide If Buhari Loses 2019 Election / Ekiti 2018: APC Conducted Online Polls See Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.