Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,410 members, 7,914,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:26 PM

Indiscriminate Use Of 'everyday' In Communication Should Be Stopped! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indiscriminate Use Of 'everyday' In Communication Should Be Stopped! (285 Views)

Mandela Did This Ritual Everyday In his 20 Years Solitary Confinement / Ekiti Assembly Condemns Indiscriminate Sacking Of University Workers / LAUTECH Proscribes Indiscriminate Parking Of Vehicles On Its Campuses The Secur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indiscriminate Use Of 'everyday' In Communication Should Be Stopped! by facenglish: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2018
Have a look at the following examples:

1. I go to work everyday (incorrect)
I go to work every day (correct)

2. Must I wear every day outfit to the
wedding (incorrect)
Must I wear everyday outfit to the
wedding (correct)

What Is the difference?

'Everyday' and 'everyday' are commonly cofused words in English. You can't know the difference in spoken English but the difference is clear in written English.

'Everyday' is an adjective that means ordinary, usual, or happening every day while 'Every day' means 'each day'.

More examples:

3.The internet has become part of everyday life.

4.I share my everyday moment with my audience.

5.Every day is my happy day.

For more interesting grammar lessons read on www.Facebook.com/facenglish
SPEAK & WRITE IMPECCABLE ENGLISH wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wellcome Foundation: Seeking Applications For Senior Research Fellowships / Notice Of Commencement Of Lectures/orientation For Pgd Students / Mr. Oriaku Reiterates Government's Commitment To Abia Poly Reform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.