Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,011 members, 7,890,312 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:30 PM

Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? (2770 Views)

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? / Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by ifyegede(m): 12:08am On May 13, 2010
Generally in relationships, d guy is usually expected to take d lady out, buy her nice things & spend on her either 2 prove his love 4 her or dat he is matured enough 2 shoulder d responsibility of been in a relationship. Ladies there4 tend 2 dfine love in terms of hw much money or material things she is able to get. A lady once told me dat theres no romance wtout finance. I kinda of feel it makes ladies so dependent on guys & cheapens them. Whats ur take on dis?
Re: Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by Osama10(m): 12:28am On May 13, 2010
Its like driving a car without servicing, what happens in the nearest future?

BREAKDOWN.
Re: Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by agathamari(f): 6:11pm On May 13, 2010
a relationship based on money or other financial gains in return for an action is an employee/employer relationship - not love. if you wish to rent yourself a working girl then by all means continue believing that money is the root of love. if you wish to have an actual loving relationship stay away from the club girls and whores and find a decent girl
Re: Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by twinkle87(f): 8:53pm On May 13, 2010
@Poster u said it in ur post, well let me rephrase
Romance - Finance= Nuisance,
its not all about money, but it takes some cash to maintain a lady!
Re: Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by Nobody: 7:16am On May 14, 2010
Re: Whats The Role Of Money & Material Things In Relationships? by SALady(f): 11:59am On May 14, 2010
chaircover:

Sometimes men mistake a woman expecting some degree of financial clout from their man as being materialistic.

Not in all cases.

Not all men will work with a bank or telecommunications company, however all men should have the ability to make a honest days Naira.

Lets face it, if you can't afford to buy your girlfriend a drink, then its unlikely that you can afford to put food money down for your wife. It's as simple as that.

I agree, not to mention the home for children the couple would like to have, their education, a warm and secure home, clothes on their back and as chaircover has said food on the table. There's entertainment we do not want to be stuck in the house every weekend and end up getting in each others hair. Go out and do different things. Guys you must agree these are just the basics we are asking for here and it all starts with a first date. Now is that asking for too much??

C'mon guys lets not treat this whole thing about being a man like its something of a purnishment. Be a man and pay your girls way,

(1) (Reply)

Women Looking For Discreet Relationship With A Young Guy Should Contact Me / She Was Raped By Her Gynecologist, Pls Advice! / Final Bustop For That Diehard Acne On Your Face. Behold TRETINOIN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.