Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor (19222 Views)

OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by 6Ebisco: 9:02am On Apr 11, 2018
The Chairman, Congress of University Academics at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Dr Niyi Sumonu, has spoken on the case involving a a professor at the university, Richard Akindele, accused of requesting for sex from a female student in order to raise her scores.

Professor Akindele was on Monday fingered in sex allegations after leaked conversation between him and the student emerged online.

In the said phone conversation, the professor could be heard asking the student to have sex with him five times to upgrade her scored from 33 to a pass mark.

Reacting, Sumonu asked the university to investigate the matter.

He said, “If it is established that this is true, the person, who perpetrated that does not belong to the academic environment. We are supposed to mould the lives of the students – males and females.”

Also Reacting , the immediate past Deputy Coordinator of NANS in the South West, Mr. Saheed Afolabi, called for a thorough investigation into the matter.

He said, “This is becoming too rampant these days and I want the management of the OAU to investigate this. Although we are still making efforts to know the female student, this should not be swept under the carpet.”

The Public Relations Officer of OAU, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju, had earlier stated that the university would set up a committee to ascertain the veracity of the telephone conversation as the matter was a serious one.

Olanrewaju was quoted as saying“We have listened to the audio and we cannot conclude on it now because this is the age of ICT; anything can happen. The university has a way of dealing with such.

“First and foremost, we will set up a committee to determine the veracity or otherwise of the conversation to establish authenticity of the characters involved. If those involved happen to be our lecturer and student as it is portrayed, the university has a machinery of dealing with such.

“Let me make it clear, OAU has zero tolerance for sexual intimidation, sexual harassment and sexual coercion. So, we will not accept it from staff to students; from the workers; from superiors to subordinates and even from students to students.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/sex-for-marks-oau-lecturers-demand.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by TreasuredGlory: 9:09am On Apr 11, 2018
This is seriously serious. I hope this man will not forfeit his hard-earned professorship on the altar of five minutes enjoyment, what an eternal shame to the family and to his church! God please deliver me from myself .

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by AdaIhiala(f): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2018
See them undecided. Na the dog wey eat shit finish carry for mouth,na em dem dey call shit eater. Yimu.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by TreasuredGlory: 9:10am On Apr 11, 2018
D
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Sirevangel(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2018
okay second to comment
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by JohnnyBling(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2018
90% of Nigerian lecturers are sadists, wicked and heartless. How are we supposed to grow as a nation with this.
Kudos to the girl and I hope the lecturer gets what he deserves

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by mmb(m): 9:10am On Apr 11, 2018
He should be hanged.

2 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by datola: 9:11am On Apr 11, 2018
How can a whole professor be easily set up just like that.

It's very unbecoming of a man of his status in that telephone conversation.

The career of many years is about to crumble.

Kudos to the lady if the story is true.

4 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by imohchard(m): 9:11am On Apr 11, 2018
They should use him and do sacrifice at Ife main market

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Nigerian public universities are really disgraceful - on all fronts.

2 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by DIKEnaWAR: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2018
Attach his picture to the post. Let the world see the he goat.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 11, 2018
cheesy
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Xisnin(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2018
AdaIhiala:
See them undecided. Na the dog wey eat shit finish carry for mouth,na em dem dey call shit eater. Yimu.
Speaking from personal experience?
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by joenor(m): 9:16am On Apr 11, 2018
A whole five times.....? Chineke.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by lonelydora: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2018
That lecturer may not be totally guilty. The girl in question may have initiated the move.

Who dey put sugar for mouth go say No?

1 Like

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by salvationproject(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2018
Though I did not read the post because I am not wearing my glasses presently but I sincerely believe I know the landlord of the house who rape and save the girl from dying of konji and that he stands to be burnt alive for his manhood to live for the women including ex-first lady patience Jonathan as in such goodwill are rare. So if the DPO can just arrest the girl and assess her private organs diligently, you will definitely agree with me that the suffering in Nigeria is responsible for this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by ssogundele(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Rogues under the cloak of academicians! These has been going on since the time is Noah! That's the stock in trade. Heard of one in the fedpoly ado-ekiti named calculus. He'll tell students that 'A' is for God and 'B' is for him and 'C' is for students! If you're a lady in the whole of engineering dept and sciences, you're done for if you fail that course! Sex unlimited for the nigga!
That's the reason they (lecturers) couldn't present any original paper in the global space! Fools

3 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Sammypedro18(m): 9:19am On Apr 11, 2018
Na probing d matter go end... d rate of lawlessness in this country is mind boggling

2 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by urchcoded(m): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2018
but the girl failed naa... either u accept the offer or reject simple

3 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by omoadeleye(m): 9:21am On Apr 11, 2018
No be new thing na, the girl failed and looking for help, since she doesnt have anything to offer than her pvssy, she doesnt have any right to be leaking or lamenting shits to the world,

The girl "Why u go knack me 5times?" >: grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2018
X

6 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Sammypedro18(m): 9:23am On Apr 11, 2018
lonelydora:
That lecturer may not be totally guilty. The girl in question may have initiated the move.

He's a professor for heaven sake, He's someone who's meant to nurture and train d younger ones even d gal initiated it, what happened to d wisdom He has gathered over the years? He clearly stated he wanted sex (5 times) just to pass someone.. that's painfully wickedness....if you've never been intimidated from someone above you, you'll never know truly how it feels, all you can do is imagine it

9 Likes

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Billionboi: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2018
D voice record or I take u unserious as apc
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by omoadeleye(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2018
Sammypedro18:

He's a professor for heaven sake, He's someone who's meant to nurture and train d younger ones even d gal initiated it, what happened to d wisdom He has gathered over the years? He clearly stated he wanted sex (5 times) just to pass someone.. that's painfully wickedness....if you've never been intimidated from someone above you, you'll never know truly how it feels, all you can do is imagine it

Q: What three words will ruin a man's ego?
A: "Is it in?"
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by bayocanny: 9:25am On Apr 11, 2018
They should probe my school as well, especially my department...the thunder that will fire my HOD still dey do press, that idiot is too corrupt
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by GabrielYulaw(m): 9:27am On Apr 11, 2018
Sammypedro18:

Why are you trying to make him see reason? Don't waste your energy bro. It's idi0ts like him who always and i mean ALWAYS blame the rape victim. To him and others like him the rapist is never at fault or deserves punishment. And the worrisome thing is that growing numbers of Nigerian men think like him embarassed

1 Like

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 11, 2018
Billionboi:
D voice record or I take u unserious as apc

The recording is all over the internet. You should listen to it. Disgusting. His kids will never look at him the same again. Shame. Threw everything away for nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Pavore9: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2018
Should be properly investigated.
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Timagex(m): 9:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Can't be my department cool wink
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by scribble: 9:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Students dt finish sexing for grades in pubic schools will now come and b shaking private school table

Oloribu
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Okoyeebos: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2018
lonelydora:

Since you say the randy lecturer may not be guilty, May your sisters, daughters and grand daughters fall into the hands of men like that randy lecturer.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 DELSU Lecturers Sacked For Sexual Harassment / Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult / Which Of These Statements Gave You Great Joy When You Were A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.