Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor (19233 Views)

OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by tolamio: 11:33am On Apr 11, 2018
Ah! Everybody with his/her weakness. I pray our weakness won't be use against!
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by skywhity: 11:42am On Apr 11, 2018
nawa for lecturers .... demanding for sex.... lol bad hearing ...
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Kingsley1000(m): 11:42am On Apr 11, 2018
Kingsley10000:
I know this ashawo girl must have been bleeping other lecturers just to pass....when I was a student,we had many of them in my department.......beautiful endowed ladies with empty brain
if she studied her books,she would have passed..most of them do cohabit with their bfs and bleep every night,when would they have time to read?stupid slay bitch
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Kingsley1000(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2018
comshots:
All these female students wey no wan study their books but them wan score high marks to flaunt. Them go dey party from club to clubs dey make boys dey fight because of them.Them go dey follow sugar daddy because of iPhone 8 plus.Abeg make the prof and Rev upload her exam scores make we see how olodo she be.
But pastor!ummm
30/100
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by MrHistorian: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

The quoted says it all, the Prof is going nowhere and the girl can kiss her ‘acada’ goodbye.

Academics are known to have each others’ backs in cases such as this one because most engage in it.

Lecturers get thrown under the bus for offenses smaller than this if they are caught up in the cross fire of departmental, faculty or school politics; if they’ve stepped on toes; and if they have participated in the expulsion of another lecturer in the past.

Whomever thinks it is easy to get rid of a professor for even the biggest of all scandals is dreaming and certainly not a Prof whom most people love and has friends in virtually most staff and many students.
Boss. . .I'm a silent lover of your posts/submissions on NL and I don't agree with this particular post of yours. First you insinuated that academics (mostly lecturers/profs) are known for looking at each other's back, yeah , that's very true - happens in any field of practice.

That said, I don't think Prof is getting off this hook anytime soon as you posited, there are forensic tests that can be conducted to confirm if the voice is his or not, so cut me the crap of ICT age. Haven't you wondered why the Professor didn't release a disclaimer to refute the news as soon as it broke?

Conclusively, this news has gotten the public attention. There is practically no way out for prof other than a befitting disengagement from OAU.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Charly68: 11:57am On Apr 11, 2018
This one has gone down already among the wicked men who are destroying the lives they ought to mould ..nemesis may be slow but it is steady
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by GTBaze: 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2018
The professor is really bad
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
X

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by yazach: 12:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
6Ebisco:
The Chairman, Congress of University Academics at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Dr Niyi Sumonu, has spoken on the case involving a a professor at the university, Richard Akindele, accused of requesting for sex from a female student in order to raise her scores.

Professor Akindele was on Monday fingered in sex allegations after leaked conversation between him and the student emerged online.

In the said phone conversation, the professor could be heard asking the student to have sex with him five times to upgrade her scored from 33 to a pass mark.

Reacting, Sumonu asked the university to investigate the matter.

He said, “If it is established that this is true, the person, who perpetrated that does not belong to the academic environment. We are supposed to mould the lives of the students – males and females.”

Also Reacting , the immediate past Deputy Coordinator of NANS in the South West, Mr. Saheed Afolabi, called for a thorough investigation into the matter.

He said, “This is becoming too rampant these days and I want the management of the OAU to investigate this. Although we are still making efforts to know the female student, this should not be swept under the carpet.”

The Public Relations Officer of OAU, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju, had earlier stated that the university would set up a committee to ascertain the veracity of the telephone conversation as the matter was a serious one.

Olanrewaju was quoted as saying“We have listened to the audio and we cannot conclude on it now because this is the age of ICT; anything can happen. The university has a way of dealing with such.

“First and foremost, we will set up a committee to determine the veracity or otherwise of the conversation to establish authenticity of the characters involved. If those involved happen to be our lecturer and student as it is portrayed, the university has a machinery of dealing with such.

“Let me make it clear, OAU has zero tolerance for sexual intimidation, sexual harassment and sexual coercion. So, we will not accept it from staff to students; from the workers; from superiors to subordinates and even from students to students.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/sex-for-marks-oau-lecturers-demand.html

Are you just demanding for probe or hes being probe already?

Birds of the same feather
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Billionboi: 12:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
stormborn28:
were you on nairaland yesterday or day before.... If you weren't them you missed the voice record
help me with link
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by castrol180(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
scribble:
Students dt finish sexing for grades in pubic schools will now come and b shaking private school table

Oloribu

It is also applicable to private schools...
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by delishpot: 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
lonelydora:
That lecturer may not be totally guilty. The girl in question may have initiated the move.

Who dey put sugar for mouth go say No?

Is that how you go about licking every sugar put in your mouth? Besides do you keep your mouth sugar licking ready all the time that people just put in sugar because they know you will lick it?

If No..... Then that your comment is wrong. If yes then please know that too much sugar is not healthy. You will do yourself well by learning to say NO.
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by skales67(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

The quoted says it all, the Prof is going nowhere and the girl can kiss her ‘acada’ goodbye.

Academics are known to have each others’ backs in cases such as this one because most engage in it.

Lecturers get thrown under the bus for offenses smaller than this if they are caught up in the cross fire of departmental, faculty or school politics; if they’ve stepped on toes; and if they have participated in the expulsion of another lecturer in the past.

Whomever thinks it is easy to get rid of a professor for even the biggest of all scandals is dreaming and certainly not a Prof whom most people love and has friends in virtually most staff and many students.

Go and listen to the leaked conversation between the professor and the girl and stop blabbing rubbish!

Anyways, your reason for defending the pedophile may not be unconnected to your NL moniker
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
skales67:

Go and listen to the leaked conversation between the professor and the girl and stop blabbing rubbish!

Anyways, your reason for defending the pedophile may not be unconnected to your NL moniker

Except you have a personal stake in the issue, you have no reason to be aggressive and uncouth. It is my opinion, I have stated it and I am entitled to it. Attacking me over my own opinion tells a lot about your background, exposure and level of intelligence.
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by MrHistorian: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2018
Y0ruba:

Fam, I am also a follower of your posts and it is OK to disagree baba.

In as much as there are forensic tests, we need to think of it within our immediate environment. Nigerian politicians have done worse and some have been caught red handed - what has happened?

This is a professor we are speaking of, a senior professor of his field at that. Bar all politics that may stem from his influence and connections, do you think a public university will fling a senior prof away just like that. If it comes to it, he will get a few months suspension.

Also, Nigeria is a BS country. Why are we so focused on the man but left the corrupt young lady who made the initial move of soliciting for marks? Yes, the man may be in the wrong but at what point does this failure of a student catch some heat too?

Everybody just dey make noise on interner baba, it will soon be a forgotten case and it may be the line the prof is towing because to issue a statement to affirm or deny would extend the nonsense. Egbon, you’ll see this matter will fade away soon and things will go on as usual for the prof and not for the girl, she should forget OAU.
"Gbogbo wa o le sun, ki a ko ori si bi kaa na"

I get your point now egbon.

1 Like

Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Okoyeebos: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
frank317:

This totally uncalled for... he only said the man may not be guilty, why cursing his family for this?

what kind of upbringing do u have?

You should learn to mind your business.

As for upbringings, you should go back home and ask those who failed to train you properly if sexual harassment is permissible on your siblings. If it is not, don't defend it when faced by others.
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by LoneWolf200(m): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2018
@All;go to lindaikeji's blog and hear the audio,very authentic!
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by mechanics(m): 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2018
Good, the investigation should be concluded immediately.
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by Bowwow11(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2018
TreasuredGlory:
This is seriously serious. I hope this man will not forfeit his hard-earned professorship on the altar of five minutes enjoyment, what an eternal shame to the family and to his church! God please deliver me from myself .
my brother he will if found guilty!!!
Re: Sex For Marks: OAU Lecturers Demand Probe Of Professor by onmile(f): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2018
I totally agree with you. In the conversation the girl was the initiator, cos she repeated ask the lecture if he has agree to the deal,this is my opinion both should be investigated. The girl shld rewrite the exam n if she pass the paper then we are into the proper investigation
urchcoded:
but the girl failed naa... either u accept the offer or reject simple

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Statements Gave You Great Joy When You Were A Student / Olabisi Onabanjo University Consult / Assu Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.