Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,843 members, 7,915,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:34 PM

Alex Iwobi Is A Disgrace To Nigeria - See Why - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi Is A Disgrace To Nigeria - See Why (458 Views)

Fulham Boss Confirms Iwobi Is In Good Mental State After Online Abuse / "Alex Iwobi Is Not Yet Ready For His First Start" - Everton Manager, Marco Silva / Arsenal Celebrates Alex Iwobi For Taking Nigeria To The World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Is A Disgrace To Nigeria - See Why by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 14, 2018
Nigerian striker and Gunner star , Alex Iwobi has in what many will tag to be a disgrace has disclosed that he can’t recite the Nigerian national anthem.

According to him, he stated plain that he didn’t know the exact words of the Nigerian National anthem adding that he mouths along to the hymn when the camera was centered around him before the beginning of international matches. LOL

The Nigeria star who scored the goal that saw the Super Eagles to the Russia World Cup against Zambia made the revelation while being quizzed by Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry and Philadelphia Eagles star, Jay Ajayi.

Alex Iwobi stated that;

“I know it but I don’t know it well. When they are recording, the camera comes on you I know what to say. For the Nigerian viewers I do know it.”

Iwobi was also quizzed about scoring the goal that qualified the Super Eagles for the 2018 World Cup and he said:

“When I scored I saw my parents in the crowd, I was almost crying. It was a nice feeling.”

When asked how nervous he was when he met the popular Thierry Henry for the first time, he said

“I met him when I was a kid for the first time, so was young, I was excited. I was in Arsenal academy. I was very young.’’

Source : https://www.collegegist.com.ng/2018/04/alex-iwobi-disgrace-to-nigeria-see-why.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs AS Roma: UEFA Champions League / Champions League: Roma Fans Attack Liverpool Supporters Brutally / Sergio Ramos Hits Back At Accusations Of His Role In Mohamed Salah And Loris Kar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.