Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,350 members, 7,937,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (107510 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
Its not over until the ref say so.we are going to attack Almeria as if we have not had the 5 goals advantage.These smal smal clubs could make life difficult for

you especially when you allow them to score you first.i hope pep rest messi by force the boi too like footie,i wanna see colabo of nolito-bojan-afellay even

though i know pep might likely not rest  MVP atleast not all of them.he should allow adriano to play from the LB while Max and abidal comes from the bench.

I wanna see fontas with pique/Millito.in the absence of the golden bo(Iniesta) to open up their defence,its important that the 7 star general xavi be on the

starting line up.they will try their best,they can not score more than 5 goals without Barca scoring them too.well,the most intresting game to watch will be sevilla vs

madrid.i hope to see madrid in the final.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ogazi I have faxed over your supposed LINE-UP formation to
the coach. Lets see if there will be APPROVAL. You are mouthed. grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
still hoping to meet us in the final eh.
na wa o
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2011
I know it's not over until the fat lady sings but then, there's no way Almeria can put 6 goals behind our net!
I'd love to see Pep give our major players a rest and give the fringe players a chance to play in this one. I'd love to see Afellay start. He has shown some nice touches in the very few minutes he has played.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2011
goal Adrina
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
I like the line-up pep has put out for this one. This was the line-up I expected, except for Dani Alves in defence. I guess Pep wants him to get back to full match fitness.

That was a good goal by Adriano - he showed a lot of grit & determination to keep going.

Our passing has not been the usual slick stuff, but that is to be expected since these guys aren't used to playing together as a team.

Thiago hasn't imposed himself on the midfield. I guess he needs a Xavi type (and not a Keita type) player beside him to be at his best. Afellay struggled for the 1st 10 minutes as central striker (strange one that). Being the smart player he is, he has moved more to the midfield and looks more effective there. I expect Pep to shuffle things a bit for the 2nd half.

Bojan has put in a good effort, but his 1st touch hasn't been impressive & he tries to take on defenders when he can easily just pass the ball.

Masch has been his mobile self. He really needs to play more. Nolito has also been good although I don't like his combination with Adriano. I would have preferred to have the calmer Maxwell on the left.

I like the fact that Milito is captain. That's a good gesture from pep.

As for Almeria, that Feghouli guy from Valencia isn't bad - his shot that hit the post before we scored was a really good one.

Pep shouldn't bring in Messi or any of the big guns - let these guys run out the entire 90 mins
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:16pm On Feb 02, 2011
I forgot to mention also that persistent fouling by Almeria isnt allowing our boys to settle down well.

Lovely goal by Thiago
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
@steal
good job

thiagooooooooooooooooo goal
we are 0-2 up now
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
Goalllllllllllll Afflay
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2011
Wow! Afellay in in his first start grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
Wow! Afellay in in his first start grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
Poor Almeria! 8-0 in the league and 8-0 in the cup. It is such a pity! I'm so glad that Afellay scored his debut goal for Barça.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
Afellay & Adriano both score their first goals for Barca!

Afellay was my man of the match - the guy is a natural Barca player. I hope no one comes up with the "Buy Cesc" project again in the summer. We have Aferllay to fill in for Xavi/Iniesta.

After a good start, Nolito faded away in the 2nd half. He needs to up his game if he wants to get that promotion to the 1st team (I feel he deserves it more than Bojan & Jeffren). BTW I heard he didn't sign with Benfica eventually - can anyone confirm the status of his move?

Bojan has to go on loan! He just isn't cutting it right now and should go on loan to a small club in Spain.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
I'm watching RM vs Sevilla. Negredo scored a sweet goal for Sevilla only to be ruled offside - didn't look offside to me. That woulda made Mou & his boys piss in their pants
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
The goal is so sweet but it is actually offside. The ref took a right decision.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 12:13am On Feb 03, 2011
And we meet again,
are you game or lame.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:30am On Feb 03, 2011
Yeah, we meet again. Another opportunity to show who's boss!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 8:41am On Feb 03, 2011
^^^ Expect JM and the boys to play differently and this time he is coming out the winner.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2011
@FBS, Only if that were true.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 11:23am On Feb 03, 2011
FBS:

^^^ Expect JM and the boys to play differently and this time he is coming out the winner.

Rubbish . . . I want you to hide ur head in shame when we trash your so called LOST one again . . .Mhcewwww
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2011
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Eyo
you indeed faxed my line up to pep before the game but edited the part that i said i wanted xavi to co ordinate the midfield.there were no suprises,it will take

a longer time before people will began to appreciate the wonderful job Pep is doing.he is a God sent to the entir good football lovers all over the world.did you

guy see how we manage to imposed our style of play after he finishes talking to our players during the halftime.pep is a pure class and i love the fact that he

is so humble,he must sign an autograph for me whenever i visit Camp nou.i think we need to be a little bit patient with Bojan,he is really going through a

difficult time at the moment,i am positive he will rediscovers his goal scoring talent.he had all the opportunity he needs to fight for his rightful place in the

squad but i really do not know why the sudden drop in his form as compare to what he did towards the end of last season.i know the coach will not give up on

him.with afellay,jeffren,thiago,fontas,muniesa,etc,the future of the club is secured.Madrista were happy and at the same time sad,they have Allmighty Barca to

win before they can claim the only trophy they might win this season.lol
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2011
khanye:

Rubbish . . . I want you to hide your head in shame when we trash your so called LOST one again . . .Mhcewwww
You know what he can do when the stakes are HIGH!
Inter comes to me mind.  tongue
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2011
FBS:

You know what he can do when the stakes are HIGH!
Inter comes to me mind.  tongue

Like when we trashed him 5-0 earlier this season? abi the stake was not high then?
Find something else to say abeg . . .
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2011
and what will all ya do if we win? angry undecided
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2011
Stealthy:

Afellay & Adriano both score their first goals for Barca!

Afellay was my man of the match - the guy is a natural Barca player. I hope no one comes up with the "Buy Cesc" project again in the summer. We have Aferllay to fill in for Xavi/Iniesta.

After a good start, Nolito faded away in the 2nd half. He needs to up his game if he wants to get that promotion to the 1st team (I feel he deserves it more than Bojan & Jeffren). BTW I heard he didn't sign with Benfica eventually - can anyone confirm the status of his move?

Bojan has to go on loan! He just isn't cutting it right now and should go on loan to a small club in Spain.

Good game. It was fun watching the fringe players take their turn to impress. It was like watching a different team.
My verdict on the young players:

Bojan - Agreed, he is not improving. For a La Masia graduate, he's horrible on the ball. Has the energy and confidence, but I don't really see the tactical ability. It's almost like he is not the same guy Rijkaard was playing in 2008. I guess the team has improved beyond that era.

Affelay - Reminds me of a certain Phillip Cocu wink in playing style, but he has more natural ability. He scored a good goal, but there was a well-hit strike from him, using the outside of the foot, which he missed. He showed good speed, but he looks like a slow starter. He seems more schooled in the more direct European approach, as opposed to tiki-taka, so a lot of cules may not really enjoy what he's playing. But he is a great alternative solution. If he stays long at Barca, and Pep doesn't leave, he has a bright future.

Thiago - Talent in abundance. Tactical discipline still not fully there yet. He showed that he can move well and link up play with the forward line, but he can't yet hold the ball up satisfactorily. He didn't also link up well with Keita and Masch in the middle. But then, that Xavi and Iniesta approach can only work well with Xavi and Iniesta.

Nolito - This guy was hilarious!!! He plays with a lot of heart, but he's no tactical genius, and frankly I don't see him making the top cut. Looks more like a material for Zaragoza or even Almeria grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
usbcable:

and what will all ya do if we win? angry undecided
Not with this crop of players in ur squad. No one can give what he does have - not even miracle will make that possible.
The presence of ur 'special one' made the possibility of ur winning us, ultimately impossible.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2011
First FINAL of the season. We pray for yet MORE to come, CL,

Congrats to the real cules in the house.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 9:09am On Feb 04, 2011
khanye:

Like when we trashed him 5-0 earlier this season? abi the stake was not high then?
Find something else to say abeg . . .
Certainly not. It was not a knockout match. It's the league hombre.
Closer will be when he dumped you out of the UCL. so bad you folks had to open tap water.  grin
So bad your best player had no shots on goal. So bad your keeper became a wrestler. grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 10:10am On Feb 04, 2011
FBS:

Certainly not. It was not a knockout match. It's the league hombre.
Closer will be when he dumped you out of the UCL. so bad you folks had to open tap water.  grin
So bad your best player had no shots on goal. So bad your keeper became a wrestler. grin

How many point is it now? Only a f.o.o.l like JM supporters will think he will still win the league
April 20 is just around the corner . . . . cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 10:23am On Feb 04, 2011
Next: Ath. Madrid . . . . Dem go hear am big time! cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 10:29am On Feb 04, 2011
khanye:

How many point is it now? Only a f.o.o.l like JM supporters will think he will still win the league
April 20 is just around the corner . . . .  cool

see this mumu. Anyways sha, most Barca fans. Ever arrogant.
Haven't you seen my previous posts where I basically said Barca will eventually retain their title? But then it is a league and you just never know. Crazy things don happen before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (100)

UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / FIFA Ballon d'Or 2016 On 11th January 2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.