Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,913 members, 7,902,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 08:21 PM

FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (106458 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 10:52am On Feb 04, 2011
FBS:

see this mumu. Anyways sha, most Barca fans. Ever arrogant.
Haven't you seen my previous posts where I basically said Barca will eventually retain their title? But then it is a league and you just never know. Crazy things don happen before.

Shaaaaaarp abeg, Do u wanna Bet ur life? grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2011
khanye:

Shaaaaaarp abeg, Do u wanna Bet your life? grin
olodo ni e. grin Ask your fellow Barca fans or any sane person if they think trophies are won in Feb.
Yes, you may likely retain it. You are in form, you top the league and the team behind you dey stutter but whoever said it's a done deal? only an olodo like you would think it is impossible for you to stutter. Crazier things have happened.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
FBS:

olodo ni e. grin Ask your fellow Barca fans or any sane person if they think trophies are won in Feb.
Yes, you may likely retain it. You are in form, you top the league and the team behind you dey stutter but whoever said it's a done deal? only an olodo like you would think it is impossible for you to stutter. Crazier things have happened.

Look @ this jester cheesy. . . So u still think ur Lost One has a chance to win the league . . . U've got nausea grin
Like i said . . .U wanna Bet ur life or $? cool
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by FBS: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
khanye:

Look @ this jester  cheesy. . . So u still think your Lost One has a chance to win the league . . . U've got nausea grin
Like i said . . .U wanna Bet your life or $? cool
You can as well tell Jose Luiz to hand it (the trophy) over to you now.
Confirmed. olodo ni e.  grin nothing more to add.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
Why do you guys bother with the Barca haters who can't help visiting the barca thread?
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2011
We face Athletico Madrid tomorrow night. They're one of our tricky customers, but I expect us to win comfortably this time. We've already beaten them away and the mattress makers have played badly so far this season. We shouldn't let our guard down though.

Del Bosque has called up all our Spanish internationals (except puyol) for a friendly against Colombia on Wednesday. I really don't like these friendlies coming at a busy time in the season. Also, the guy can use this as an opportunity to try out some new players, rather than using his established squad. Oh well, this is the downside of having so many internationals from 1 country in your club. I hope we can rest some key players against Gijon next weekend, in preparation for the match against Arsenal on 16th Feb (Barca should win that as a Valentine gift to us Cules grin)
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 8:38am On Feb 05, 2011
Stealthy:

We face Athletico Madrid tomorrow night. They're one of our tricky customers, but I expect us to win comfortably this time. We've already beaten them away and the mattress makers have played badly so far this season. We shouldn't let our guard down though.

Del Bosque has called up all our Spanish internationals (except puyol) for a friendly against Colombia on Wednesday. I really don't like these friendlies coming at a busy time in the season. Also, the guy can use this as an opportunity to try out some new players, rather than using his established squad. Oh well, this is the downside of having so many internationals from 1 country in your club. I hope we can rest some key players against Gijon next weekend, in preparation for the match against Arsenal on 16th Feb (Barca should win that as a Valentine gift to us Cules grin)

Apart from the fact that ATMD are in bad shape this season, Barca Approaches every single game
assive their lives depend on it regardless of whoever we are facing. Thats the only thing that motivates
and gives me courage as a FAN.
I may be full of too much confidence or making too much mouth, nor be ma fault, na Barca instill those shytt in me.
3POINT 2nyt.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by scantee(m): 1:46pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Eyo
lotflmfao
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2011
eyoniggar:

Apart from the fact that ATMD are in bad shape this season, Barca Approaches every single game
assive their lives depend on it regardless of whoever we are facing. Thats the only thing that motivates
and gives me courage as a FAN.
I may be full of too much confidence or making too much mouth, nor be ma fault, na Barca instill those shytt in me.
3POINT 2nyt.
I quite agree. I like the way pep has been able to motivate the team to play at their best in practically evey match this season. I hope we sustain this till the season ends & we get the treble again.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by allabosky(m): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
Barca heavenly Approved!!!!!
haterz ma middle fingaz>>>>>>.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:07pm On Feb 05, 2011
Half time Barca 2-0 A.Madrid

Will Athletico take a manita like their big cousins? Our 1st half was good and those were lovely goals by Messi. He is now level with CR7 in the pichichi race. I hope pedro scores so he can set a record of scoring in 7 consecutive matches.
Alves has been very good and I hope he signs an extension soon. Adriano doesn't even come close as a replacement.

Aguero has exposed our defenders a bit and I wonder why A.Madrid didn't start with Forlan.

I'll like to see some early subs in this one.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 11:59pm On Feb 05, 2011
Messi finishes off with a hattrick! Excellent! Now we have our record 16 consecutive wins.

Our passing wasn't at its best today, but no problem with that IMO. We can't play at 100% every match.

Abidal has been one of our stand-out players this season - he's been solid in centre-back & currently benching Milito. At least we have good options in defence, unlike last season.

Pedro had a quiet game & didn't set his record.

I can't believe Villareal lost at home to Levante - I was hoping they'd win to put even more pressure on RM.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:04am On Feb 06, 2011
Virtuoso performance from Messi. His hatrick; 4th hatrick of the season, put the 'Mattress Makers' to sleep.
Alves was equally brilliant.

Surprised by the Levante result too. More surprising is that it came at the Madrigal. Almeria also defeated Espanyol 3 - 2. Now is not the right time to play the relegation threatened sides.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 12:51am On Feb 06, 2011
Relegation threatened teams are not on the Radar of 'fear' nor are they on a platform
of inequality to FC Barca. We approach every game as such as any other team inclusive of RM would be considered. INEQUALITY is an exception to us, every meat na the same.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 12:53am On Feb 06, 2011
‎40 goals in 33 games for Messi is absolutely sensational . . . . smiley
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 1:35am On Feb 06, 2011
Hi-5 fellars,

Had to take out time from my schedule to pop in,big ups all for keeping up the good job.

ATM match ups has always posed a tricky one with lots of thrills,our Sept 2010 league trip to Vicente Calderon(we loose there often tho we won last time) had Ujfalusi with that dangerous tackle on Messi that saw him strchered off and sidelined for some weeks and for their return leg,I didn't expect less from Messi again as I know he'l attack the ball in his face again. Quique Sanches Flores(meanwhile I like the sound of his name,sounds more like a mafia boss) suprisingly did not start play with Forlan and Aguero considering how well they link up over the years. As it panned out,I guess he has himself to blame.

16 on the trot,records been broken and set, like stealthy pointed out,it wasn't a classic 100% that we wld love to see but 3 points assured in an emphatic fashion. Quintessential messi @ his kingdom, the high point of the game for me was his backtracking to get the ball off Aguero's surging run,it brought minutes of applause and sheer admiration from the fans and he started the 3rd goal moves and still continued on the trajectory even after villa mis hit (and like I always advocate,providence favours the resilient) he attacked d ball and jinked it into the net, for the 3rd time(medjai I thot its 3?) this season,Lionel Messi walks of the pitch with the ball as his prize for a hat trick,he is still less than 25,its just mind boggling.

Others did wella too. I am just loving Pep, his calm demanour and respect for all oppositions, just takes every 90 mins as it comes.

Temporary 3 points out of the 10 points above the "eternal rival" we will watch their match moro in a far relaxed ambience,(a draw won't be bad for them). Catch us if you can Jmouth!!!

While we are setting records, Keeping an eye on our "esteemed" CL opponents, they allowed a record to be set against them (the only epl side to blow away a 1st half 4-0 lead) I suprisingly saw them tore Colocini and the Magpies defence to shreds as they went up 2 in three minutes and I decided its a done deal only to switch back and saw the horror;they played an interesting 5 pack in the midfield altho I didn't finish the match to find out how they alternated,I guess Diaby's matching orders changed the course of the game.

Djorou added to their injury woes,well snod-wearing bois, we are surely coming to town.

On Barca I stand
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:51am On Feb 06, 2011
^^ holydante, it's 4 hatricks if you add the one against Sevilla at the Camp Nou in the supercup.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2011
Ok, wise one, it was the league my mind was on,thanks for the info.

I just hope Pep and the lads will watch minute by minute play of Asssnal-Magpies match up and discover some inherent loopholes in the team. Not taking anything away from the fact that epl officiating is mostly clap-trap especially given the fact that there seems to be a silent conspiracy to aid certain club in their title quest, but for a team to blow a 4 goals lead(even with 10 men) is utterly absurd, implication is that even with a huge goal advantage,the snod-wearing gooners can be pushed all the way to the wire

I think I saw a leaderless club(I have this believe that Cesc would rather do well under an influential captain than him calling the shots), and a glaring mismatch of play in their CB and MF areas, and their injury woes piles up, now they are muting the idea of recalling lads on loan which seems desparate, as its, everything worketh untogether for good for them that plan to fail.

We are coming to town Londoners
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by holydante(m): 8:59am On Feb 06, 2011
Ok, wise one, it was the league my mind was on,thanks for the info.

I just hope Pep and the lads will watch minute by minute play of Asssnal-Magpies match up and discover some inherent loopholes in the team. Not taking anything away from the fact that epl officiating is mostly clap-trap especially given the fact that there seems to be a silent conspiracy to aid certain club in their title quest, but for a team to blow a 4 goals lead(even with 10 men) is utterly absurd, implication is that even with a huge goal advantage,the snod-wearing gooners can be pushed all the way to the wire

I think I saw a leaderless club(I have this believe that Cesc would rather do well under an influential captain than him calling the shots), and a glaring mismatch of play in their CB and MF areas, and their injury woes piles up, now they are muting the idea of recalling lads on loan which seems desparate, as its, everything worketh untogether for good for them that plan to fail.

We are coming to town Londoners
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2011
I would rather we play a full-strength Arsenal. Else we will forever hear crap like 'Agent Silvestre passed the ball to your guy'.
EPL teams and their fans are always full of excuses. I pray for them, that we meet them in London with a full strength team, and deliver the Dirty Slap aka manita, right in front of their teeming fans. Seriously though, I think a narrow win will do for me grin
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 12:10pm On Feb 06, 2011
[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEAPYCXyRLQ?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"[/flash]

All the teams chasing us with a Vespa grin

@ My fellow cules . . How is your weekend going? wink
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2011
holydante:

16 on the trot,records been broken and set, like stealthy pointed out,it wasn't a classic 100% that we wld love to see but 3 points assured in an emphatic fashion. Quintessential messi @ his kingdom, the high point of the game for me was his backtracking to get the ball off Aguero's surging run,it brought minutes of applause and sheer admiration from the fans and he started the 3rd goal moves and still continued on the trajectory even after villa mis hit (and like I always advocate,providence favours the resilient) he attacked d ball and jinked it into the net, for the 3rd time(medjai I thot its 3?) this season,Lionel Messi walks of the pitch with the ball as his prize for a hat trick,he is still less than 25,its just mind boggling.

Others did wella too. I am just loving Pep, his calm demanour and respect for all oppositions, just takes every 90 mins as it comes.

Temporary 3 points out of the 10 points above the "eternal rival" we will watch their match moro in a far relaxed ambience,(a draw won't be bad for them). Catch us if you can Jmouth!!!

While we are setting records, Keeping an eye on our "esteemed" CL opponents, they allowed a record to be set against them (the only epl side to blow away a 1st half 4-0 lead) I suprisingly saw them tore Colocini and the Magpies defence to shreds as they went up 2 in three minutes and I decided its a done deal only to switch back and saw the horror;they played an interesting 5 pack in the midfield altho I didn't finish the match to find out how they alternated,I guess Diaby's matching orders changed the course of the game.

Djorou added to their injury woes,well snod-wearing bois, we are surely coming to town.

On Barca I stand

Holydante, nice write-up from you as usual.

I very much agree with the bolded part apart Messi tracking back. I actually stood up to applaud him in my living room as well - you won't see any other attacker (all many miles below Messi in skill) tracking back so hard. The work ethic Pep has infused in our team is fantastic & that is one of the key reasons we're playing so well (and one of the key reasons Ibra had to go - he just doesn't have the same work ethic as others).

I've also been watching Arsenal of late, mainly to size them up as we approach the UCL re-start next week. I was shocked by their eventual draw after going 4-0 up at half time. It shows a distinct lack of character, which is good news for us. However, I'm wary of their attack, which is quite potent. All in all, we're a better side and if we don't make any mistakes, I believe we can beat them even at the Emirates. I will actually prefer Masch to start over Busquests since he knows how to tackle them EPL boys - he also covers more ground than Busquests and we all know Arsenal has a speedy attack. I'll also prefer Abidal to start over Maxwell on the left, cos of the threat of Walcott.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 07, 2011
U guys are really good - as are, we all! I'm glad to enrich myself here. Wherever Barca touches, goodness flows! Elsewhere; Arsene wenger's Arsenal, are a big surprise! Cesc Fabregas' captainship is to say the least, ridiculous. He looked so clueless and naïve while his team went down largely due to lack of confidence or too much of it. Diaby's red card dealt them a deathblow. Dowd seems to be acting a script. There seems to a covert plan by the officials in EPL to reserve the premiership title to an unknown team. His officiating decisions were heavily prejudiced. EPL is a joke!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:24am On Feb 07, 2011
Stealthy:

I've also been watching Arsenal of late, mainly to size them up as we approach the UCL re-start next week. I was shocked by their eventual draw after going 4-0 up at half time. It shows a distinct lack of character, which is good news for us. However, I'm wary of their attack, which is quite potent. All in all, we're a better side and if we don't make any mistakes, I believe we can beat them even at the Emirates. I will actually prefer Masch to start over Busquests since he knows how to tackle them EPL boys - he also covers more ground than Busquests and we all know Arsenal has a speedy attack. I'll also prefer Abidal to start over Maxwell on the left, cos of the threat of Walcott.

Hmm, insightful.
Let's not get carried away by the Newcastle game though. They do have a potent attack, and they have Fabregas, who can come to the party for them on a bad day.

Though we have the men to do the job. I'll put on the Pep hat for a bit, and suggest a possible lineup to face the Gunners in London next week:
-Valdes of course in goal.
-Pique and Busquets at centre back. Remember the last game against Almeria? I think Pep was preparing for that kind of eventuality.
-Abidal at left back, to neutralize Walcott.
-Masch in the middle to break up play. With him in the middle, Xavi will just move upfield, where Wilshere or Fabregas can't track him. In any case, I doubt any of the Arsenal midfield can pick up Xavi or Iniesta.

I think, with a solid central defence, we can starve them of the ball, and leave the Terrible Trio to do the damage up front. Messi in the centre will make any of Djourou, Koscielny, or Squillaci pay. Villa is a man apart, and Pedro will do damage.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2011
I was not really impressed with our second half performance,we were caught napping in the midfield so often that i begun to wonder if the 7 star general xavi

went for all night prior to the game.we made alot of wrong passes and we were not just organize as we use to be.Iniesta was not his usual self and

everytime he is not on top of his game the entire team suffers.pedro was just there,Villa comes back to help in defence but i think he can do better.pique

and Abidal were very solid,maxwell will knock us out of CL if we use him against Arsenal,i think i will prefer Adriano to him if puyol does not recovers early

enough to pair pique.our best defence line of all time is dani-pique-puyol-abidal.with iniesta,xavi and messi always droping deep to run pass our opponent

defensive midfielders and draw their centerbacks forward for Villa/pedro to sneak behind them to cause havoc,i am positive that we can defeat Arsenal home

and away.Mascherano can comes in the second half,this is a knock out stages and there is no room for risky experiment hence i want Pep to start biscuit,the

boy knows how to dictate our game in our own half,initaite attacks and he connect very well with the entire squad,he could be sloppy atimes but he is our

best belt if we really wanna delivers manita,lol.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2011
^^
Bros no panic,
you no look my email well, the proposal is for Masch and Biscuit to start in a 3-1-3-3, however with Biscuit playing just in front of Pique, but able to drop back to central defence as required. Maxwell drops to the bench, and Abidal moves to left-back. Everything else stays the same.

Puyol is injured and doubtful for the game. Besides, he cost us an unnecessary penalty in the first leg of last year's encounter. We haven't really missed him much, in fact the central defence has looked more solid with Abidal and Pique.

I don't think it's a risky experiment, far from it. We must be able to show versatility with depth. Crunch time is approaching, and we should be able to play with different tactics, with more emphasis on defensive capabilities. Remember last year's reverse clasico? We played a 3-4-3, with Alves playing as a right winger. I know we will take the Arsenal tie anyway.

ogazi007:

I was not really impressed with our second half performance,we were caught napping in the midfield so often that i begun to wonder if the 7 star general xavi

went for all night prior to the game.we made alot of wrong passes and we were not just organize as we use to be.Iniesta was not his usual self and

everytime he is not on top of his game the entire team suffers.pedro was just there,Villa comes back to help in defence but i think he can do better.pique

and Abidal were very solid,maxwell will knock us out of CL if we use him against Arsenal,i think i will prefer Adriano to him if puyol does not recovers early

enough to pair pique.our best defence line of all time is dani-pique-puyol-abidal.with iniesta,xavi and messi always droping deep to run pass our opponent

defensive midfielders and draw their centerbacks forward for Villa/pedro to sneak behind them to cause havoc,i am positive that we can defeat Arsenal home

and away.Mascherano can comes in the second half,this is a knock out stages and there is no room for risky experiment hence i want Pep to start biscuit,the

boy knows how to dictate our game in our own half,initaite attacks and he connect very well with the entire squad,he could be sloppy atimes but he is our

best belt if we really wanna delivers manita,lol.

I think the real problem in the second half was Forlan coming on. With him on the central role, Aguero went wide, and they kept cutting Maxwell out with the square pass to the right. The plan was obviously to do a one-two on that wing (Filipe and Aguero) against Maxwell, and then cut in crosses for Forlan to do the damage. Also, remember that Athletico is a side that can play well in the middle of the park. They are just not defensively organized, else they would have taken out Real Madrid in the Copa Del Rey.

Though I think there was some lack of concentration by Iniesta, he was obviously still sore from his shoulder injury, and did not link up play with Xavi much in that half. Notice he was the first one off.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2011
I know Pep hardly ever changes formation but I'd rather we play two defensive midfielders - Masch and Busquets with Xavi in front of them in a 4 - 2 - 1 - 3. Our aim is to stay undefeated in the away tie and score the vital away goal(s), if we get a win, great!
We need a lot of solidity in the middle because the Arsenal guys are fast and can easily break away once they get the slightest chance. We need to stifle them in an aesthetic manner like Spain did her opponents at the world cup. Pique has to be instructed to reduce his sojourns up front and stay back at all times except in cases of set pieces.
Up front, Iniesta should play behind Messi and Pedro or he can play Messi on the left, Pedro on the right and Iniesta in the centre, like he did against Racing in the first game of the season just that Messi was on the right and Villa was on the left, Pedro was out injured.  Villa can come up as an impact sub.
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by mbulela: 5:20pm On Feb 07, 2011
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:42am On Feb 08, 2011
^^
grin grin grin grin

He dey date him auntie wink
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2011
medjai:

I know Pep hardly ever changes formation but I'd rather we play two defensive midfielders - Masch and Busquets with Xavi in front of them in a 4 - 2 - 1 - 3. Our aim is to stay undefeated in the away tie and score the vital away goal(s), if we get a win, great!
We need a lot of solidity in the middle because the Arsenal guys are fast and can easily break away once they get the slightest chance. We need to stifle them in an aesthetic manner like Spain did her opponents at the world cup. Pique has to be instructed to reduce his sojourns up front and stay back at all times except in cases of set pieces.
Up front, Iniesta should play behind Messi and Pedro or he can play Messi on the left, Pedro on the right and Iniesta in the centre, like he did against Racing in the first game of the season just that Messi was on the right and Villa was on the left, Pedro was out injured.  Villa can come up as an impact sub.

GBAM!!!
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2011
Re: FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2011
Nice one, Pique. They don't call him 'Piquenbauer' for nothing, LOL.
Before his last girlfriend, the supermodel, he had also dated a Bollywood actress.
Swagger ti poju grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (100)

UCL Final : Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea (3 - 4) On Pens On 19th May 2012 / Portugal Vs France : Euro 2016 Final - (1 - 0) On 10th July 2016 / FIFA Ballon d'Or 2016 On 11th January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.