Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,135 members, 7,890,831 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:24 PM

Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! (7494 Views)

Fayose Stops His Convoy To Interact With An Old Woman In Ekiti / Osinbajo Meets With Nigerians Living In Cote D'ivoire (Photos) / Osinbajo's Town Hall Chat With Nigerians In S. Africa Via Skype (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by candylips(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2010
funny
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by SKYPO: 3:10pm On May 18, 2010
Good people of NL, i salute,

Please don't allow dis called our leaders to deceive us (we d good citizen of naija) again because it is same thing OBJ said when he was contesting in 1999 then after that he selected himself as Presido in 2003. So let Mr. president address d basic issues holding Naija like electricity, good roads, housing, hospitals, education, water and employment etc. for Nigerians 2 believe Mr. Jonathan by his words of moving d country forward, let him first probe all those ex leaders of dis country b4 we would conclude that he is here 4 d poor masses not those monsters who believe their above d law.

Remember, anybody that is been sponsored by those ex leaders, would end up like them. Example, OBJ

Good people of NL let us think twice.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by SKYPO: 3:33pm On May 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

You contradict yourself there. How can I want a civil society and not want it implemented in Nigeria? Where in the world does Facebook come into creation of civil socities? Seriously, Think about that bogus link you tried to make there. Where in the world, in fact in the tenets of a democratic society, in government does FACEBOOK fit in? Where??

A BILL does not have to be on the president's desk before the president does something about it. Please instead of swallowing up what you read from 'SOMEONE', do your own research extra to ensure the person is even right in thinking the way he does. FOI does not have to be on the president's desk for the president to canvas or push for it. If you want an example, think OBAMA's HealthCare.

Leaders don't have to sign up to Facebook or other social sites to access the people. Facebook is sort of like yesterday's townhall meetings. It is nothing more. But at the end of the day, access to the people goes beyond that. And access to the people in a democracy should also include giving people access to information. There is no point government having access to the people when the people don't even have access to government. It only works to the 'give us bread/give us light' extent but until  the people really understand what goes on beyond the sign on pages, and the PR measures, there is not much to be gained.

Like I said earlier, I am not a FACEBooker and I don't want to become one but I would like to access my government's info on my time and access government whenever I want to afterwards.  There are a whole lot of Nigerians with no access to internet or electricity that will not be able to access their government via facebook. Is the same government going to provide them other avenues to reach it or is this just PR moves to galvanize the youths to possibly vote for him come next election? I suspect that is probably what this is in the end.

i agree with u. No mind them. Maybe GJ thinks can deceive we d youth of dis nation. Enough is Enough
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by emmydee(m): 4:20pm On May 18, 2010
thats a marvellous idea. let him hook up first.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by DrKnow1(m): 5:32pm On May 18, 2010
Give me light first so that I can turn on my computer.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by suxes2005(m): 5:36pm On May 18, 2010
I dont fink he's gonna av dat time to discuss much on FB

Maybe he wud av S.A 2 d Pressy on FB matters. lol

SHALOM
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by ducci: 6:03pm On May 18, 2010
people like kobojunkie or wateva u call urself are suffering from "i too know".when given the opportunity to contribute their quota they cant do jack,yes, we have seen their likes.they cant applaude any good step by government no matter how glaring,they expect change to come in one day and nija to turn america in a flash.so tell me,when obama opened fcbk,did u criticize?secondly,was it a positive or negative measure for obama?didnt he have any other bill to chase when he was facebkg?u dont even argue like a good analyst,i suspect some pple are in nairald to front for the opposition party in nija.i mean, u cant just condemn the whole idea.u didnt even check the context at which he made the speech,for your knowledge,he was trying to reach out to his alma mata and identify with the current means of comm amonsgt students etc.he could even tell them that he will come for their grad party.and for those of you that keep blaming everything on the military,yes they did badly but what have our own civilians done if not to fitgh in parlament and share money.please lets be objective.GJ ride on jare,allow enemies of progress,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Ormania(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2010
Good idea!

But what about NAIRA LAND? When is he gonna join us here in NL?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Akosbaba(m): 6:26pm On May 18, 2010
^^^What makes u think he isn't here already,and if he wasn't do you think he'll let u know?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Tochi3(m): 7:11pm On May 18, 2010
@Kobojunkie

I agree with you 100 percent.

I will continue to remain pessimistic about Nigeria until all those criminals who are still walking freely with their ill gotten wealth are brought to justice. My opinion.
What type of interaction and opinion does GJ think of getting through Facebook that the masses have not made known to the various criminal president since the so called independence of that contraption called Nigeria.

If GJ is a Nigerian, born and grew up in Nigeria, he does not have to search far to see and hear the cries of the people and what the Nigerian people badly wants. The suffering, voices and weeping of the Nigerian people should be enough of a facebook.

The question is : Do Nigerians need jobs, do we need electricity, water, house, food, good roads, schools, hospitals etc. The answer is yes and if yes, what are the plans of the current administration in achieving these basics and primary essentials of life.
If he does not have any plans instead of embarking on Obama style campaign  he should honestly resign and never think of contesting any election in Nigeria for the rest of his life.

The truth is that for those trying in vain to compare the dissemination of information between the USA and the contraption called Nigerian should know that the former have already succeeded in providing the essentials of life for its citizens while the latter have not been able to do so.

Mr GJ go and do your homework, just go to work, go to work for God sake. This is no time to start these old and pretentious attitude to hear opinions from Nigerians. Have you not heard enough? You know what the people need or don't you. If you do not please kindly resign honourably, but if you do then go to work.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Gekko(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2010
To-chi:

@Kobojunkie

I agree with you 100 percent.

I will continue to remain pessimistic about Nigeria until all those criminals who are still walking freely with their ill gotten wealth are brought to justice. My opinion.
What type of interaction and opinion does GJ think of getting through Facebook that the masses have not made known to the various criminal president since the so called independence of that contraption called Nigeria.

If GJ is a Nigerian, born and grew up in Nigeria, he does not have to search far to see and hear the cries of the people and what the Nigerian people badly wants. The suffering, voices and weeping of the Nigerian people should be enough of a facebook.

The question is : Do Nigerians need jobs, do we need electricity, water, house, food, good roads, schools, hospitals etc. The answer is yes and if yes, what are the plans of the current administration in achieving these basics and primary essentials of life.
If he does not have any plans instead of embarking on Obama style campaign  he should honestly resign and never think of contesting any election in Nigeria for the rest of his life.

The truth is that for those trying in vain to compare the dissemination of information between the USA and the contraption called Nigerian should know that the former have already succeeded in providing the essentials of life for its citizens while the latter have not been able to do so.

Mr GJ go and do your homework, just go to work, go to work for God sake. This is no time to start these old and pretentious attitude to hear opinions from Nigerians. Have you not heard enough? You know what the people need or don't you. If you do not please kindly resign honourably, but if you do then go to work.  

Well said!! cool
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by blacksta(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2010
;d

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 18, 2010
@Blacksta, Lwkmd. hahahhahah, Cartoon already. I can Imagine GJ pressing the ignore button for those two as the list grows larger. Abdullahi Adamu, Turai yaradua, Ladan, Aleiro, Sam Egwu, Rilwan Lukman, Bakindo, Bukola Saraki, Slyva, segun Adeniyi, Sarki Muktar, . Ignore group
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On May 19, 2010
That was funny. . . . . . . . great art
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On May 19, 2010
To-chi:

I would not consider myself a pessimist  . . . . matter of fact, I would say I am optimistic that at some point in our future, things will change. But when, I am not sure. I feel Nigeria and the majority of Nigerian people live/exist in a sort of DORMANT state of existence. There is absolutely no reason why the country SHOULD remain the way it has but because the majority of the people continue to CHOOSE to have the situation continue, the current state/status quo is likely to continue for longer than it ought to.
To-chi:

Imagine a room filled with hungry children needing to be fed. Rather than going off to find food in the kitchen, you pick up a microphone and ask the children to come sing and dance with you. I am certain some of those kids will wisely reject such futile exercise realizing that it makes no sense to dance on an empty stomach.

What we need is government setting in place the basics; facebook can come as an extra but it should not be offered as a starting point, especially at the level we are in our democracy. Facebook, the company, never designed that site for governance and so it is merely a social site where serious policies out not to be made.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by bibiking1(m): 7:40am On May 19, 2010
But of course there would be a Goodluck on facebook, but would it be a Goodluck on the system? Of course not! That's why he has publicists and media officers!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Ormania(m): 9:54am On May 19, 2010
@Akosbaba, no shakin man, am GJ's fun too. If he join NL with nickname like PRESIDENTO or LUCKMYLUCK, grin. we would know that way.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Ormania(m): 9:55am On May 19, 2010
@Blacksta. that creativity is cool! i give u 3 lough for it grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by bones1(m): 11:25am On May 19, 2010
We all know that Jonathan being on Facebook or on any other social networking site will not automatically solve the problems of Nigeria. That fact is not in contention.

However, it is uplifting to say the least that the current President of Nigeria is, for all it is worth, at least thinking about keeping abreast with the times. It is a step, ever so small I agree, in the right direction !
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by ibomhost: 1:47pm On May 19, 2010
Behold Mr. President on Facebook. cheesy

Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Avenge(m): 6:07pm On May 19, 2010
Ope ooooo kai , Jonathan go see us well well , kai make we tagg am pic , oo, hahahhaha
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 19, 2010
bones1:

We all know that Jonathan being on Facebook or on any other social networking site will not automatically solve the problems of Nigeria. That fact is not in contention.

However, it is uplifting to say the least that the current President of Nigeria is, for all it is worth, at least thinking about keeping abreast with the times. It is a step, ever so small I agree, in the right direction !
there is no big deal about keeping abreast with problems with already know and govt couldnt provide solution to.i would enjoin jonathan to join or learn from obama page and see whatzup.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by bones1(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2010
I beg to disagree - in Nigeria of today, especially when it comes to our rulers, keeping abreast of certain things is a big deal !

I cannot recall the two predecessors of Jonathan suggesting that they would join a social network site. Am not even sure whether they even know how to operate a computer.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 19, 2010
bones1:

I beg to disagree - in Nigeria of today, especially when it comes to our rulers, keeping abreast of certain things is a big deal !

I cannot recall the two predecessors of Jonathan suggesting that they would join a social network site. Am not even sure whether they even know how to operate a computer.
keeping abreast with the problems we know or provide solution ?lwkmd.do you actually think jonathan would always sit behind a computer like you and I.nigeria leaders are know to making too much promises and i view jonathan joining facebook as an avenue to disseminate such fake promises
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by drodman: 12:35am On May 20, 2010
It's all politics as usual. If you actually think these cabal in power cares about ordinary Nigerians like you and me, If you believe that , then you will believe anything. Since when have we been hearing all this promises, water for all in the year-199-,  housing for all in the year-199-,  food for all in the year199- , operation everything, in Nigeria we have seen and heard it all,what year are we now? now it's vision 2020, what happened to the year 2000 promise pleasssse. I guess he said that because they have found a way to corrupt facebook, that will be the only reason, does he even have a facebook account? I am just sorry for Nigeria, and Nigerians, we never ever learn, any new man we sing their praises, until they remove their mask. New government new people, new choppings, always the way, until we the people take matters into our own hands, and vote for who we really think is suitable and will serve, not rule.

Where are the nearly 20 former and serving governors that we know stole, and did nothing? where are all chairmen of local governments that stole and let our people in the villages without water, roads and even market place. Without the complete eradication of corruption and corrupt practices in Nigeria, there will never be progress. There will never be good roads, water,light, or good schools.

http://www.nigeriaconfidential.com/category/blog
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by bones1(m): 1:20am On May 20, 2010
I don hear ! Lets throw the baby away with the bath water.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by aryan072: 9:38am On May 20, 2010
I will join u
ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by SKYPO: 9:59am On May 20, 2010
Good people of NL, i salute,

Please, don't allow dis so called our leaders to deceive us (we d good citizen of Naija) again because it is same thing OBJ said when he was contesting in 1999 then after that he selected himself as President in 2003. So let Mr. president address d basic issues holding Naija like electricity, good roads, housing, hospitals, education, water and employment etc. for Nigerians 2 believe Mr. Jonathan by his words of moving d country forward, let GJ first probe all those ex leaders of dis country b4 we would conclude that he is here 4 d poor masses not those monsters who believe their above d law.

Remember, anybody that is been sponsored by those ex leaders, would end up like them. Example, OBJ

Good people of NL let us think twice.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by odiaero3(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2010
am lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by sunnyB2: 2:43pm On May 26, 2010
smiley smileyplz Mr president let's it be soon because i realy what to be ur kissFRIEND, ride on my presido
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by Slim101(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2010
Let's learn to appreciate and surpport good ideas and condemn bad ones. I remember how millions of Americans surpported President Obama on his Health Care agenda and he eventually conqured his Republican distractors.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan To Interact With Nigerians Via Facebook- Brilliant Idea! by yemiprof(m): 4:19pm On May 26, 2010
he shuld be careful about his privacy considering his statues but it's a nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Owns DANA Airlines? / Patience - Women Behind My Husband's Success / River State Dont Want To Be In The SS, They Are easterners and 80% igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.