Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,760 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:56 AM

. - Politics (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (594086 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by uglyafonja: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2018
uglyafonja:
BIKO umunem, nyere ni aka....a bum nwata akwukwo.....e needirim ego nri ..ole obuna enyeremu..Chukwu ga agosi gi....dalu umunem.

0044077010........Diamond bank

BIKO umunem, nyere ni aka....a bum nwata akwukwo.....e needirim ego nri ..ole obuna enyeremu..Chukwu ga agosi gi....dalu umunem.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 01, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Stop running around like a headless chicken. Study this report to know which state is on top and the pariah ones. cheesy

I hope you understand that "largest economy" is different from GDP per capital? Brazil's economy is larger than UAE's economy by a wide margin just as Enugu's economy is slightly larger than Anambra's economy but UAE's GDP per capital is higher than that of Brazil just as Anambra's GDP per capital is higher than that of Enugu although I don't believe that Anambra's GDP per capital is higher than that of Enugu because Enugu generates more IGR than Anambra and has a lower population than Anambra and the statistics you uploaded is not from NBS so I consider it fake. How can Kwara rank higher than Anambra? Take the statistics away abeg.
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2018
uglyafonja:

How much do you need?
Re: . by AmericanQuarter: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

I hope you understand that "largest economy" is different from GDP per capital? Brazil's economy is larger than UAE's economy by a wide margin just as Enugu's economy is slightly larger than Anambra's economy but UAE's GDP per capital is higher than that of Brazil just as Anambra's GDP per capital is higher than that of Enugu although I don't believe that Anambra's GDP per capital is higher than that of Enugu because Enugu generates more IGR than Anambra and has a lower population than Anambra and the statistics you uploaded is not from NBS so I consider it fake. How can Kwara rank higher than Anambra? Take the statistics away abeg.

Why are you confusing GDP with IGR? Anambra has the largest GDP which makes it the richest in southeast region. This is not contestable. use your google.

1 Like

Re: . by uglyafonja: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2018
EzeOnyembo:
How much do you need?
I am OK with 1000 or 500...dalu
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2018
I don't know why you cannot reason properly. Read this report of 2014, Anambra GDP was about a trillion as at 2014. The largest in the SE and it was confirmed by the minister of the federal republic of Nigeria.

nnamdijonathan:

The Supervisory Minister of National Planning Commission and Minister of State for Works,Ambassador Bashir Yuguda has said that Anambra State’s Gross Domestic Product – GDP has grown from N735.80 billion in 2009 to N1.005 trillion in 2011, representing about 40 percent growth.

Yuguda praised Anambra State for what he called the impressive rise in her Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and noted that Anambra’s GDP was growing better than those of some African and Caribbean countries.

http://thenationonlineng.net/anambra-gdp-has-grown-by-40-per-cent-says-minister/
Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2018
AmericanQuarter:

Why are you confusing GDP with IGR? Anambra has the largest GDP which makes it the richest in southeast region. This is not contestable. use your google.
having high GDP should also affect IGR. Imo state has the highest IGR in the SE and also 5th among Nigeria's states
Re: . by TundeBricklayer: 5:14pm On Sep 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

how are you doing your own rating? In terms of IGR, Enugu is the richest in the SE and in Nigeria, the largest economies are determined by the states yearly IGR. In terms of trade and commerce, Anambra and Abia takes the lead but it seems Enugu has other ways of generating higher IGR than Anambra and Abia and it has been prevalent for the past 8 years.
I have debated this with coneheads, IGR doesn't measure economy, in 2012/2013 Ebonyi state was 6th position in IGR among states in Nigeria, highest in Southeast, in poverty prevalence, Ebonyi recorded higher, Ebonyi IGR then was bigger than Anambra, Kano, Enugu, Ogun and other bigger economy states, Enugu generating more IGR now doesn't mean they are the richest.

Re: . by AmericanQuarter: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ttipsy:
having high GDP should also affect IGR. Imo state has the highest IGR in the SE and also 5th among Nigeria's states

Kids are now here, please show us the IGR or I will log out now. Thank you
Re: . by TundeBricklayer: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

SWOT analysis downloaded from CBN site

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2018
AmericanQuarter:

There are different GDPs. When we are talking about Nominal GDP, this usually refers to the "largest economies" while the other GDP is GDP per capital which usually compares the country's or state's IGR to the total population. In norminal GDP, IMO state is the highest in the SE and the 5th in Nigeria followed by Abia at 12th and then Anambra at 16th, Enugu 25th, Ebonyi 34th, but when talking about GDP per capital, IGR comes into the scene and the state with the highest GDP per capital in the SE is between Enugu and Anambra.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

you must know that a flyover is different from a tunnel. If there is one in Aba, then that is good for them but, I honestly don't feel that a flyover is what makes a city look beautiful. In this time and age, high rise buildings and wonderful city skylines are the main focus of photographers when taking pictures to showcase the level of urban development of a city not flyovers. Even Chicago that used to showcase the pictures of its beautiful flyovers years back has stopped using those pictures.
true, I think how a city is organised would also play a part in its beauty

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2018
BeijinDossier:
I don't know why you cannot reason properly. Read this report of 2014, Anambra GDP was about a trillion as at 2014. The largest in the SE and it was confirmed by the minister of the federal republic of Nigeria.

The Supervisory Minister of National Planning Commission and Minister of State for Works,Ambassador Bashir Yuguda has said that Anambra State’s Gross Domestic Product – GDP has grown from N735.80 billion in 2009 to N1.005 trillion in 2011, representing about 40 percent growth.

Yuguda praised Anambra State for what he called the impressive rise in her Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and noted that Anambra’s GDP was growing better than those of some African and Caribbean countries.

http://thenationonlineng.net/anambra-gdp-has-grown-by-40-per-cent-says-minister/

But your report did not describe Anambra as the highest in the east so why are you giving Anambra the title? Let's wait for NBS to release the 2017 or 2018 list of states by nominal GDP ( largest economies ) before we know which state has the biggest economy.
Re: . by Xander85: 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2018
EzeOnyembo:

You want to reason with a mad man that called you a short ugly man and threatened to release your pictures on nairaland? continue cool

Erm....i think verbal missile was aimed at me! shocked
Re: . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ttipsy:

guy, IGR is not "large economy". When it comes to IGR, IMO state is a baby compared to other states. IMO state has the largest nominal GDP not largest IGR.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2018
Xander85:

Hahahahahahahahaha, it was a serious missile.
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2018
Hear from the former CBN governor himself. Do you have more information than him? That is the 4th largest in Nigeria in terms of GDP. cool

nnamdijonathan:

But your report did not describe Anambra as the highest in the east so why are you giving Anambra the title? Let's wait for NBS to release the 2017 or 2018 list of states by nominal GDP ( largest economies ) before we know which state has the biggest economy.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/03/soludo-rates-anambra-economy-fourth-in-the-country/

1 Like

Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

guy, IGR is not "large economy". When it comes to IGR, IMO state is a baby compared to other states. IMO state has the largest nominal GDP not largest IGR.
Imo don't have alot of industries producing goods, to make her GDP high, but Anambra has lot of industries which makes her GDP high. but in terms of IGR Imo state is leading. internally generated revenue in Imo is higher, despite the little or no industries. how?? revenue gotten from Hotels, oil&gas.
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2018
Xander85:

Yes, he also threatened the other guy I quoted sometime ago cheesy
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
Are you sure you are not tipsy, as in drunk? Please show us the IGR of Imo state.

Ttipsy:
Imo don't have alot of industries producing goods, to make her GDP high, but Anambra has lot of industries which makes her GDP high. but in terms of IGR Imo state is leading. internally generated revenue in Imo is higher, despite the little or no industries. how?? revenue gotten from Hotels, oil&gas.
Re: . by Ttipsy(f): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Are you sure you are not tipsy, as in drunk? Please show us the IGR of Imo state.

google Is your friend
Re: . by mightguy(m): 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2018
Please use the same google to prove your point. The last time I checked IGR of Imo state is at the same level with Zamfara and Kebbi states. This is not an insult abeg.

Ttipsy:
google Is your friend
Re: . by horsepower101: 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ttipsy:

Not true at all.

A place might have high GDP but cut taxes then end up making them have low IGR. That’s whats Anambra did.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 01, 2018
Ttipsy:

its like u are a comedian. You are mixing up IGR and GDP. Use Google to correct yourself.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2018
NonsoWow:
Keep deceiving yourself. Anambra and enugu/ebonyi have nothing in common. We are worlds apart. The anambra indigene is uniquely superior to our neighbours by light years. Imo people trail behind a distant second.

U post doesn't make any sense at all.

If u have nothing to add via the topic, then stop posting.
Re: . by uckennety(m): 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2018
chisco82:

My Dad was born in 1933 and also fought Biafra war sir.

Wooooow my grand dad use small year senior your dad
My grand dad was born 1927 and he is the oldest man in our village

My dad was born 1957
Re: . by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2018
uckennety:

Wooooow my grand dad use small year senior your dad
My grand dad was born 1927 and he is the oldest man in our village

My dad was born 1957
Wow! Thats nice. Gray hair is a blessing.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:24am On Sep 02, 2018
Why are we allowing Chino to turn this thread into one of those his dick measuring contest threads?

This thread is being derailed already. Can't we get the admins to ban the culprits and delete their posts.

4 Likes

Re: . by DanielOc: 1:05am On Sep 02, 2018
chisco82:

My Dad was born in 1933 and also fought Biafra war sir.

RESPECT to your veteran Dad and to you too...

He fought with vigor to make my dearest and only Onitsha, Owerri, Aba, Asaba, Nsukka, Abakiliki etc to be Safe for my generation and that of my children...

I Salute your DAD......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 02, 2018
DanielOc:

RESPECT to your veteran Dad and to you too...

He fought with vigor to make my dearest and only Onitsha, Owerri, Aba, Asaba, Nsukka, Abakiliki etc to be Safe for my generation and that of my children...

I Salute your DAD......

Wow! This is awesome. Thank you bro.
God bless you and you children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 2:34am On Sep 02, 2018
This is the render of the building being constructed in the int'l market Abakaliki...pic is on page 105.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.