Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,220 members, 7,916,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:15 AM

. - Politics (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (602414 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:12am On Sep 07, 2018
horsepower101:
Spyder, God bless you for restoring the true image of Aba with these beautiful pictures. You are leaving a great legacy behind.

It's my pleasure bro. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
I loved some areas of Aba, cool and healthily maintained houses......

Yes, this is Aba, Abia state........

Aba has a lot of old money which reflects in its various architectures dotted around the city.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:13am On Sep 07, 2018
horsepower101:
Spyder, God bless you for restoring the true image of Aba with these beautiful pictures. You are leaving a great legacy behind.

You took it out of my mouth!

I wanted to visit Aba the next time i'm in PH to see things for myself and take pictures for this forum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:13am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

That is Christ the King Church CKC, Aba on PH road

And it must be Catholic, I know, they were the first to grab best lands in our cities.
Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:15am On Sep 07, 2018
Spyder wahalia God bless you mehn

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:15am On Sep 07, 2018
horsepower101:

Aba has a lot of old money which reflects in its various architectures dotted around the city.

Aba used to be the undisputed powerhouse of Eastern Nigeria until Orji Uzor Kalu with his mother and Theodore Orji completely ruined the state in the lase 16 years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:15am On Sep 07, 2018
Moving into Azikiwe road, Aba........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:15am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:

And it must be Catholic, I know, they were the first to grab best lands in our cities.
Yes, its the catholic cathedral in Aba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:17am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Aba used to be the undisputed powerhouse of Eastern Nigeria until Orji Uzor Kalu with his mother and Theodore Orji completely ruined the state in the lase 16 years.

Trust me i know. I grew up in Aba and witnessed that demon in action.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:18am On Sep 07, 2018
Again...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:20am On Sep 07, 2018
This is Asa road, Aba.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:21am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
Moving into Azikiwe road, Aba........

Ala Aba mehn!

Many Igbo billionaires in Lagos and Abuja started their hustling in this Azikiwe road! It was a training ground for Igbo business men when they were boy-boy (Apprentice) for their masters.

Chai, Aba shall rise again to bring glory to Ana-Igbo again!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:22am On Sep 07, 2018
More from Asa road,.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:23am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Ala Aba mehn!

Many Igbo billionaires in Lagos and Abuja started their hustling in this Azikiwe road! It was a training ground for Igbo business men when they were boy-boy (Apprentice) for their masters.

Chai, Aba shall rise again to bring glory to Ana-Igbo again!

My father's office was on that same road. Aba will surely rise again. Its days of darkness is finally over.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:23am On Sep 07, 2018
Asa road still

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:25am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
More from Asa road,.....

Hmm, i'm loving this great effort to plant trees and flowers along major roads in Aba.

If that succeeds, the beauty of the great Enyimba city will suddenly become apparent for all to see again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:26am On Sep 07, 2018
More roads...... good, smooth roads......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:26am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
Asa road still

That is Saint Joseph Catholic Church!

That is Azikiwe road by St Joseph street

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:28am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

That is Saint Joseph Catholic Church!

I was about to ask cheesy
Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:29am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Honestly those people did us bad thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:29am On Sep 07, 2018
Another one from Azikiwe road.......

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:31am On Sep 07, 2018
El Dorado hotels and event centre, Aba, Abia state.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:31am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
More roads...... good, smooth roads......

They need to fix Aba again and build more modern great hotels so that Aba boys ji Nku, will stop going to PH every weekend to enjoy. Aba has greater potential for prosperity if only the roads are fixed and security continues as a top priority.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:35am On Sep 07, 2018
Front of the hotel. ......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:36am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

They need to fix Aba again and build more modern great hotels so that Aba boys ji Nku, will stop going to PH every weekend to enjoy. Aba has greater potential for prosperity if only the roads are fixed and security continues as a top priority.

There was a time when most owerri people used to go to port harcourt on the weekends to go enjoy but today, their tourism and hospitality industry is thriving. Owerri People now just to to port harcourt to see friends or family.

Once the enyimba economic city starts shaping up, things will change eventually for Aba people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:37am On Sep 07, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:

Honestly those people did us bad thing

Gbam!

Especially Orji Uzor Kalu. Yet people still allow him to walk about freely. Aba used to be the Lagos of the East! If you lived in Aba, it was more prestigious than living in any other SE town Except Enugu and PH. All of a sudden, Aba became a by-word for filth, indecency and failed city. It was so sad to see Aba in that helpless state while none of the Abia governors cared at all for the city.

I am glad Gov. Okezie is finally paying some attention to the city. It will take a very long time to bring it where it was supposed to be. But at least, the journey to recover Aba and restore it to the great city it used to be has finally started.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:37am On Sep 07, 2018
God bless OVI for his effort in redeeming the lost image of Aba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:38am On Sep 07, 2018
I walked around a bit on the roads of Aba.........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:39am On Sep 07, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:
God bless OVI for his effort in redeeming the lost image of Aba.

I have to give credit where credit is due...Yes OVI fixed a lot of roads.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:41am On Sep 07, 2018
Some areas are so lovely green........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:41am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
Front of the hotel. ......

The pedestrian bridge must be the Abia Polytechnic one right?
Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:42am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
I walked around a bit on the roads of Aba.........

My only problem with Abia Governors is that till date, none have found it necessary to build a gutter network around all Aba roads to mitigate the flooding that has been happening for decades. Why is there no big gutter on that major street?

In Aba, We need to replicate this type of major drainage channel which Ebonyi government built to stop flooding in Abakaliki.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.