Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,205 members, 7,916,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 06:21 AM

. - Politics (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (602398 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:42am On Sep 07, 2018
Inside Aba, market junction. .......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:42am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Gbam!

Especially Orji Uzor Kalu. Yet people still allow him to walk about freely. Aba used to be the Lagos of the East! If you lived in Aba, it was more prestigious than living in any other SE town Except Enugu and PH. All of a sudden, Aba became a by-word for filth, indecency and failed city. It was so sad to see Aba in that helpless state while none of the Abia governors cared at all for the city.

I am glad Gov. Okezie is finally paying some attention to the city. It will take a very long time to bring it where it was supposed to be. But at least, the journey to recover Aba and restore it to the great city it used to be has finally started.

People like orji uzor kalu are the symptom of the real problem. The real problem is the backward Nigerian political system...
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

The pedestrian bridge must be the Abia Polytechnic one right?

Yes, I passed the school but couldn't stop there.

1 Like

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:46am On Sep 07, 2018
A very busy road in front of the great Ariaria market, Aba.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:46am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Gbam!

Especially Orji Uzor Kalu. Yet people still allow him to walk about freely. Aba used to be the Lagos of the East! If you lived in Aba, it was more prestigious than living in any other SE town Except Enugu and PH. All of a sudden, Aba became a by-word for filth, indecency and failed city. It was so sad to see Aba in that helpless state while none of the Abia governors cared at all for the city.

I am glad Gov. Okezie is finally paying some attention to the city. It will take a very long time to bring it where it was supposed to be. But at least, the journey to recover Aba and restore it to the great city it used to be has finally started.
Aba the great enyimba city was just a joke between 2010-2014, heartless individuals wrecked the great city to the ground, took away her (Aba) money and left her to rot away just because they are not from Aba but ironically Aba made them what they are.....

Thank God na uche mmadu abughi uche Chineke .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:49am On Sep 07, 2018
More from around the market........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

My only problem with Abia Governors is that till date, none have found it necessary to build a gutter network around all Aba roads to mitigate the flooding that has been happening for decades. Why is there no big gutter on that major street?

The reason is poor city planning. In order to build the massive drainage system that ABA really needs, they government might have to knock down so many legally built buildings and compensate the owners. This is a herculean task.

This is why I am personally excited about the future expansion of Aba which will be a master planned city.
Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:52am On Sep 07, 2018
A newly built section of the market. .......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 1:54am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

My only problem with Abia Governors is that till date, none have found it necessary to build a gutter network around all Aba roads to mitigate the flooding that has been happening for decades. Why is there no big gutter on that major street?
I think he has also done something about the flooding by connecting some inner pipes to Ifeobara river, I will find the news.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:56am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
A very busy road in front of the great Ariaria market, Aba.

Street trading is another issue that Abia state government also need to address in Aba to make the city decent.

People just can't be displaying their wares on the street. It should be banned for anyone to encroach over the gutter and display any merchandise on the street.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 1:58am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

In Aba, We need to replicate this type of major drainage channel which Ebonyi government built to stop flooding in Abakaliki.

Ebonyi government is even building another new one deeper than this in another section of the city. That's advance city planning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 2:01am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
Moving into Azikiwe road, Aba........

Ala Aba mara nma!

Chukwu gozie Aba!

Chukwu gozie Ndigbo!

Chukwu gozie Ala-Igbo!

Chukwu gozie Oga Spyder !

Chukwu gozie TigerKen Corporation PLC ! Ndi na aru omalicha uno di nma !

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:02am On Sep 07, 2018
More pictures from Aba, Enyimba city. .......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 2:02am On Sep 07, 2018
Once again thanks so much oga spyder

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:03am On Sep 07, 2018
Cjrane2:

Ala Aba mara nma!

Chukwu gozie Aba!

Chukwu gozie Ndigbo!

Chukwu gozie Ala-Igbo!

Chukwu gozie Oga Spyder !

Chukwu gozie TigerKen Corporation PLC ! Ndi na aru omalicha uno di nma !

Nwanne, Chukwu gozie kwa gi! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:05am On Sep 07, 2018
Some back street roads in Aba.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:06am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
More pictures from Aba, Enyimba city. .......

Closed drainage...wow

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:06am On Sep 07, 2018
Cool and green, just the way I love it........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:09am On Sep 07, 2018
Hit the major road again.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:11am On Sep 07, 2018

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:13am On Sep 07, 2018
Rhema university, Aba........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:14am On Sep 07, 2018
Towards Osisioma........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:20am On Sep 07, 2018
This is the newly commissioned road in Owerri, Imo state.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2018
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf road, Owerri.........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:22am On Sep 07, 2018
More of this new road,........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:24am On Sep 07, 2018
The new road will open up all these areas to Onitsha express road........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:28am On Sep 07, 2018
More from Owerri, Imo state......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:29am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
This is the newly commissioned road in Owerri, Imo state.......

Thats one of the roads that connects old owerri to new owerri district?. I am very worried about the longevity of that road due to its sloppiness and high risk of flooding. I wish they built a bridge to bypass that valley instead.

2 Likes

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:29am On Sep 07, 2018
More,....,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AfonjaSlayer(f): 2:30am On Sep 07, 2018
ckenneths:
The new road will open up all these areas to Onitsha express road........
There is no dull moment in Igbo land now cheesy everywhere is just developing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:31am On Sep 07, 2018
AfonjaSlayer:

There is no dull moment in Igbo land now cheesy everywhere is just developing.

Honestly in 10 years time, all the major cities will be looking very different

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 2:32am On Sep 07, 2018
horsepower101:

Thats one of the roads that connects old owerri to new owerri district?. I am very worried about the longevity of that road due to its sloppiness and high risk of flooding. I wish they built a bridge to bypass that valley instead.

You are right, what is needed there is a good solid bridge, you can see how high water has come up to it. And this is still not the main rainy season of September and October.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.