Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,152 members, 7,903,813 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

. - Politics (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (599879 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 12:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
Cjrane2:

The consensus isn't for self determination, the consensus is a TRULY FEDERAL Structure with the 6 Geopolitical regions as federating units, while we keep the present states structure as administration zones. The Present SE Geopolitical region can call itself by any name including - Biafra. Just as a piece of land is called Anambra State or Bauchi State. But that territory is still a federating unit of the country called Nigeria.

The problem with Nigeria had been over concentration of powers in the Federal Government which is usually abused and creates ethnic suspicion and tension. In addition, each state will now look for ingenious ways to fund itself. The funding part may have a grace period of 10 or 15 years so that fragile regional governments can have time to develop their taxation systems etc.

In my humble opinion and with due respect to those who hold contrary opinions.
Any consensus in Igboland today, that don't have Self determination and outright severance of political ties with Yorubas and Northern Nigeria, as well as with any Igbophobic group down South, as it's ultimate agenda, is a waste of time, resources and can only lead to another cycle that will lead us in few decades, back to where we are today.

Every political and economic move Ndiigbo make today, must be geared towards taking us closer to independence from the Nigerian entity, as its end product. That's how we make progress. Anyother thing would be retrogressive.

Dalu.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2018
Cjrane2:

The biggest disservice Igbos do to themselves is the mental inferiority complex that somehow Lagos, Kano or Abuja is better than anywhere in their home region. So they keep investing in these strange places to the detriment of their region. No other group in Nigeria consider other places better than their homeland.

The second problem is that the SE Governors have not made investing in the SE easy. I commend Obiano A LOT in this area for having a ONE-STOP location where an investor will get all approvals needed to start their business. The other SE governors should emulate that. It is hypocritical to call on people to invest in the SE while you know it is a mission impossible because all approvals and processes are so disorganized that nobody can reasonably maneuver through them.
The" inferiority complex" is the psychology of defeat and fear imposed by the loss of the war. Such mental states and consciousness take generations to ease off. Infact,a friend of mine who is a clinical psychologist affirmed the post traumatic disorders which are fall outs of such damaging events as the civil war are genetically passed from generation to generation. I do not posses the knowledge to counter or acquiesce to that viewpoint. The Jews had similar experiences like Igbos. Even as antisemitism is still a covert state policy in almost all countries of the world, through focused,proggressive and cultural driven leadership,the Jews had done much to wipe off their mental and social handicaps and totally hold the rest of the world by the jugular. Therein lies the Igbo dilemma. Zik provided focused Igbo leadership in his own time. Lack of successor to push the Pan Igbo agenda truncated Igbo trajectory. Ojukwu's intervention was accidental and served its purpose. The search goes on.

You quite agree with me that one of the fastest way to unleash Igbo industry and ingenuity is to run our governance as a business and on that note i also commend Obiano for his business focused regime. At least better than what obtained previously.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Aside Igbos, the rest of Nigeria is all about oil. They can all kill for that
i I know but the people which the curse is in their land in large quantity...nah war.

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Handsomegod:
Oyel is the ultimate curse of Nigeria. Buhari sank 3billion dollars searching for Oil in Lake Chad basin. A futile,wasteful and foolish misadventure that saw three senior lecturers from University of Maiduguri felled by Boko Haram bullets. Expatriates too. On same foolish trajectory,a contract to build a refinery in Katsina is under way. Never forget,the quest for oil was the reason Aburi was jetissoned. The quest for oil was the basis for the Biafran war. Are you aware the Land Use Act was enacted in 1968 while the war raged? Are you also aware the Petroluem Act was enacted in 1969 while the war raged still? Both of these laws gave exclusive rights and unfettered access and ownership of Nigerian Oyel to the victors and their accomplices till date. This is the only country on earth where oil wells and licenses are dashed to individuals without bidding as birthday,Xmas and sexual gifts. The only country where communities are sidelined in the ownership of the resources found in their lands and people living continents and eons away are granted ownership. Also note that Nigerian politics and all civil interactions are built around this reality. People seem not to acknowledge depth of rot and unsalavagability of this union. The problem of Igbos living in the fringes and the petro politics they were entangled with is far deeper than we can discuss on this thread.
truely there was a country... Nigerian youths of today are blinded by hatred and tribalism and cannot reason straight. God fatherism ave killed Nigeria. That is y it is strange to them how an igbo man behave because this people ave been baptized in the pool of mental slavery.... This same old politicians. Agadi ekwenka... The people who destroyed Nigeria since independent are still coming back to rule Nigeria again... Afta buhari.. Who is next? I pity this country.... This country is really messed up big time...

1 Like

Re: . by raker300: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
Onitsha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Another beautiful spot,

Ladies and gents........ I present to you the famous umuchi,

Got to give it up for the philanthropist - extraordinaire Dr. Godwin Maduka! ! !

This medical structure he built could further be transformed into a medical science institution.

Credit raker300

Why are we trying to decide for the man what he will do with his personal structure?
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
iLoveAnambra:
So Oguta is more beautiful than Ado Ekiti..

nna Ndigbo dikwanu too much ooo

You have a great sense of humour.
Re: . by Xander85: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rgade:
Where?? cheesy cheesy

Enugu! The Union Bank building in the distance is a dead giveaway! grin

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
Xander85:

Enugu! The Union Bank building in the distance is a dead giveaway! grin

Yup smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
This map of Nigeria from the 60s made me realise something....back then, there was no region in nigeria that was landlocked.

The river niger divided the eastern region and the midwest, thereby ensuring that the northern region has unhindered access to the sea through international water incase nigeria divides.

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
Britain intended for Nigeria to divide in future if it doesnt work as one nation.

If the biafran war was led by a man who was more strategic as opposed to brazen, we might have been biafrans today.

All the leadership of biafra had to do was cut the right deals and enter the right alliances

One could have been to offer the north a large chunk of our oil if they would leave the western region alone.

Two could have been to swear allegience to communist ussr who were spreading communist ideals all over the world.

2 Likes

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
If we couldnt do it then when it was easiest to do. Wen we had a defined boundary, when we have leadership, when we had a military and when nigeria was weakest; it would be childish to think we can do it now without a boundary, without access to sea, without leadership and now that nigerian military has acquired deadly and effective hardware and software.

Wishful thinking is the last thing we should be doing here...otherwise we water down the thread.

Its always good wen a leader knows his real situation. Our real situation is that we have come to stay in nigeria. What we must do is make our stay best it could possibly be.

Thats is where Anioma state, igweocha state, regionalism and devolution of power comes in.
Re: . by Bede2u(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
Kanu came brazenly and made the same mistake the 1st biafran leaders made. The goal towards eventual independence is in stages...if u brazenly jump one stage...u fail and die. Chikena.

We must fight to restructure nigeria and go back to regionalism with the 6 geopolitical realities.

If nigeria must divide, it must not be championed by the igbos...otherwise, u will see another gang up from the rest of nigerians which will kill our people some more.

Winners only fight battles they can actually win.

3 Likes

Re: . by OreMI22: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bede2u:
Kanu came brazenly and made the same mistake the 1st biafran leaders made. The goal towards eventual independence is in stages...if u brazenly jump one stage...u fail and die. Chikena.

We must fight to restructure nigeria and go back to regionalism with the 6 geopolitical realities.

If nigeria must divide, it must not be championed by the igbos...otherwise, u will see another gang up from the rest of nigerians which will kill our people some more.

I totally agree igbos should not lead any revolution to break up Nigeria, else even those being slaughtered today for fun by fulani herdsman will suddenly find a reason to support fulanis against the igbo .

I also agree Igbos should begin to think more about their homeland and what will happen to their investment in those strange places called capitals where they are deceived to bury their lifetime investments.

Those who are too dumb to see the fulani plan that Buhari would rather build a refinery in northern Nigeria to use chadian or Niger Republic oil than build refinery in Abuja or national "capital" to use Nigerian oil. Then those Igbos deserve what they get for being too stupidd chasing money without an iota of sense to secure their years of hardwork in a safe location

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2018

Its always good wen a leader knows his real situation. Our real situation is that we have come to stay in nigeria. What we must do is make our stay best it could possibly be.

I disagree with this part of your post. We have not come to stay in Nigeria. It's from this flawed thought process of coming to stay in Nigeria that Ndiigbo go all over Nigeria making investments they can't move in the future.
We must see Nigeria as a means to an end( Igbo independent nation). All our decisions, both political and economic must be guided by this realization of our transient existence in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2018

Thats is where Anioma state, igweocha state, regionalism and devolution of power comes in.

My point on Anioma remains. Until Anioma convinces us that they are more interested in union with SE, than in forming an independent Anioma ethnic nationality, to play minority politics of Niger delta, once given Anioma state, we(SE) should never support Anioma creation, neither should we work against it. We just let them do their fight themselves and decide their future.

This sounds cold and cruel. But that's pragmatism. And that's exactly what we need now.

As for Igweocha state, that one is even a non starter. I wager you envisage incorporating Ekpeye, Ogba, Ikwerre, and Etche , into same state with Ndoni, Egbema, and Obigbo, to form the state.
The thing is that those former Igboid groups I listed have no interest in associating with SE. Infact, they see the North and SW as better partners and brothers.
You talked about wishful thinking and one knowing his true situation. Well, this is me giving you the true situation of things and waking you up from your noble but yet, wishful thinking.

Reality is that SE is all that Ndiigbo have for now, we must internalize and make peace with this, that way, we wouldn't dissipate our energy on wishful ventures.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2018

Well. They say that hindsight is 20/20.
Below in my humble opinion are Nnamdi Kanu mistakes.

1. He failed to realize the importance of seizing political control of SE, before going gung-ho on the imperial FG.
As much as Zik hated the British and her colonial suppression and oppression of Igboland, he recognized the importance of seizing the political control of the East from the then British loyal politicians of the East like Eyo Ita , AC Nwapa, Eni Njoku, Okoi Arikpo.
He unseated these British loyal politicians of the East who for selfish interests, didn't want to see the British colonial reign come to end and implanted in their place, his own henchmen who worked with him to end the British reign.
The best way to destroy any entity is often from within, through compromise.
How could Nnamdi Kanu have all the Youth of SE at his beck and call, and refuse to deploy such power in seizing the political control of the SE from the current Pro One Nigeria political office holders in SE?
That was his first fatal mistake, and the Caliphate realized this, and so moved quick to join ranks with the Igbo political class (enemies within) who feared Kanu rise and who also for their own selfish interests want the continual existence of Ndiigbo within the Nigerian entity , to topple and crush him.
This is lesson for the future Igbo leader.
Lesson1: The internal potential collaborators to the external enemies, must first and foremost be rendered powerless. You must seize absolute control( political and otherwise) of the home front, before you can challenge an external power.
Kanu and IPOB decision to stay away from the political power process (elections) in the East, would permanently ensure their mission remain furtile. This is the bitter truth.

2. I would keep this second mistake for only Igbo audience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bede2u:
Britain intended for Nigeria to divide in future if it doesnt work as one nation.

If the biafran war was led by a man who was more strategic as opposed to brazen, we might have been biafrans today.

All the leadership of biafra had to do was cut the right deals and enter the right alliances

One could have been to offer the north a large chunk of our oil if they would leave the western region alone.

Two could have been to swear allegience to communist ussr who were spreading communist ideals all over the world.
Oga why not get yourself properly enlightened on the remote and immediate causes of the war. Above all,get properly schooled on the dynamics that played out during the war.When Ambassador Ralph Uwechue,C.C Onoh and Chukwumerije visited the Soviet Union in soliciting for assistance to execute the war,Russian Internal Secratary,Lenoid Brezhnez who happen to be closet admirer called them to an inner chamber and told them point blank" Russia cannot support you to execute the war. Under 11 months,you have developed high artilery systems,missile navigation system,rocket launchers,radar system and bombs. Russia cannot afford another Japan in Africa.We will not support you". The above quote is reachable if you make efforts to read widely before coming here to accuse Ojukwu. To further elucidate, Dan Jacobs in his work on the war "The Brutality of Nations" summarises the Biafra tragedy thus:"The unholy international plot of hitherto arch enemies (Britain and soviet Union) was for a single purpose only.Snuff life out of what many believed was the hope of black Africa". Another British writer,Paul Satre puts it this way" The defeat of Biafra is not a victory for the Nigerian People but for neo colonialists,Soviet and North Atlantic. It is these neo-colonialists who ensured they frustrate the age old struggle of the black man for his full stature in other to continue to succeed in deceiving the world to believe that the black person is incapable of making progress of any kind,and to continue to exploit African countries" All the above sentitive and declassified Intel were made by foreigners to show us what actually played out during the war. In what way then was Ojukwu brazen and brash? Space will fail me to delve further into this but please quit desecrating the sacrifices and memories of our ancestors who faced the whole word to make us free.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bede2u:

Kanu's emergence is an indictment on Nigeria. To think that you an Igbo man,in view of all that have played out,still cast aspersion on Kanu is unfortunate. I wager you were among the howling mobs who screamed for his head while he put his life on the line?. He has paid th ultimate price for Igbo liberation. What do you recommend sir? Lead from the front sir. Again note,any efforts Igbos are making whose ultimate aim is not total separation from Nigeria will inevitably lead to the same sorry state we have today.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2018

Why should we fight for restructuring? What do we stand to gain from restructured Nigeria. I have heard Many Igbos parrot this restructuring, and I had quried them and sort to reason with them. In the end, I found out most Igbos don't exactly understand the implications of restructured Nigeria.

Now let me break it down for us.

If restructured Nigeria mean every region get to control it's resources ie resource control . With the brazen manner in which Igbo crude oil bearing parts were stripped and added to SS, while parts of old Bendel oil bearing villages were added to Ondo, what exactly are we going to gain in such Nigeria.

The SW already cornered the Sea and Air hub, and I suppose this restructured Nigeria would still have FG retain some power, which means they could yet frustrate many of our would be plans like reviving our airports to international standards and building of river ports, power generation and all worth not. Yes, I know we have huge untapped natural gas reserves, but those would take years to develop and better done in an independent Igbo nation.

Restructured Nigeria would benefit mainly SW and SS in the interim so let them fight for it, while we channel our energy towards useful ventures.

I also agree we must avoid fighting another war with Nigeria. We must be patient and bid our time. We can't fight Nigeria, we have no allies. Those down South are still eyeing our property and investments, likewise the rest of Nigeria. Wike and Rivers state recently celebrated Rivers state 50yrs anniversary, where Gowon was named after their stadium and dignitaries were invited all over North and SW, with non from Igboland.
We must bid our time, we have no allies.

The SS needs Nigeria disintegrated more than us, they are the ones whose crude oil is bring depleted and shared by all, and in return are being left with destroyed environment which would need billions of dollars to clean up in the future.
Meanwhile, their crude oil reserves are not infinite, Oloibiri no longer produce a single drop of oil, worst still, the world is moving towards clean energy. Technological advancements are being made everyday on Solar energy, Wind energy, sea waves energy, nuclear energy and other forms of clean energy, give it 30yrs or a bit more, and the world would start placing embargo on use of pollution generating energy sources like crude oil, which would further decrease its financial profitability.
Bottomline is that they are the ones in urgent need of independence/resource control, if they must profit from their crude oil reserves, time is running out for them, and if they decide to sit and do nothing, then we must find a way to put our own share of their crude oil national cake allocations to good use, by electing better leaders.

We would be naive to be expending or dissipating our energy to hand it over to them, while all they had ever done is deride and mock our own struggles, which they stand to profit from.
Freedom is a patience business, take a look at Catalonia and how long they had sought for independence from Spain, yet at each point in time, they avoid being provoked to war, being mindful of all they had built back home and how Madrid would relish to reduce them to square one.
Time is endless, we must be patient, lest we lose more. We must not accept attempts by Nigerian groups to becloud our sense of reality and present us with the illusion that we need independence from Nigeria as a matter of Urgency, because we don't.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2018
pazienza:

Well. They say that hindsight is 20/20.
Below in my humble opinion are Nnamdi Kanu mistakes.

1. He failed to realize the importance of seizing political control of SE, before going gung-ho on the imperial FG.
As much as Zik hated the British and her colonial suppression and oppression of Igboland, he recognized the importance of seizing the political control of the East from the then British loyal politician of the East like Eyo Ita , AC Nwapa, Eni Njoku, Okoi Arikpo.
He unseated these British loyal politicians of the East who for selfish interests, didn't want to see the British colonial reign come to end.
The best way to destroy any entity is often from within, through compromise.
How could Nnamdi Kanu have all the Youth of SE at his beck and call, and refuse to deploy such power in seizing the political control of the SE from the current Pro One Nigeria political office holders in SE?
That was his first fatal mistake, and the Caliphate realized this, and so moved quick to join ranks with the Igbo political class (enemies within) who feared Kanu rise and who also for their own selfish interests want the continual existence of Ndiigbo within the Nigerian entity , to topple and crush him.
This is lesson for the future Igbo leader.
Lesson1: The internal potential corroborators to the external enemies, must first and foremost be rendered powerless. You must seize absolute control( political and otherwise) of the home front, before you can challenge an external power.
Kanu and IPOB decision to stay away from the political power process (elections) in the East, would permanently ensure their mission remain furtile. This is the bitter truth.

2. I would keep this second mistake for only Igbo audience.

Bros. I have read extensively on both sides of the IPOB boycott debate. Pro and anti boycott. IPOB's reason for boycott seems more plausible. Perhaps you under rate the reach of the "ruling oligarchy" in this contraption. They control everything down to your Local government. A personal friend of mine(Baron Roy) and one of the finest Political commentators have this to say on his Facebook way in a historical series he has been treating for a while now "The way things work under the arrangement the cal-military (Kaduna Mafia or Caliphate-backed military) had put in place was that they must select the individual that gets to be the president, select his team and through a centrally controlled INEC, determine all the occupants of all elective and appointed officials across the country. They had a carefully hatched succession plan. No one gets anything without their say-so. They are in all National Working Committee of all political parties, and introduced the Principle of Zoning into those parties. Better believe it now that ALL political parties are children of the same mother in Nigeria". Do you really think the ruling cabal will allow IPOB have such a far reaching political structure? The last two elections in Ekiti and Osun ought to beat us all out of the whole "sieze political power" mantra! Nigeria plays atavistic politics. Whatsoever it touches,it pollutes. No laudable venture that was politicised ever retain any form of nobility or value. Look at what happened to Niger Delta agitation since politics got into the mix. Plenty other examples abound. Nigeria is finished bro. All efforts should be to free our people from this madness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
Handsomegod:
Bros. I have read extensively on both sides of the IPOB boycott debate. Pro and anti boycott. IPOB's reason for boycott seems more plausible. Perhaps you under rate the reach of the "ruling oligarchy" in this contraption. They control everything down to your Local government. A personal friend of mine(Baron Roy) and one of the finest Political commentators have this to say on his Facebook way in a historical series he has been treating for a while now "The way things work under the arrangement the cal-military (Kaduna Mafia or Caliphate-backed military) had put in place was that they must select the individual that gets to be the president, select his team and through a centrally controlled INEC, determine all the occupants of all elective and appointed officials across the country. They had a carefully hatched succession plan. No one gets anything without their say-so. They are in all National Working Committee of all political parties, and introduced the Principle of Zoning into those parties. Better believe it now that ALL political parties are children of the same mother in Nigeria". Do you really think the ruling cabal will allow IPOB have such a far reaching political structure? The last two elections in Ekiti and Osun ought to beat us all out of the whole "sieze political power" mantra! Nigeria plays atavistic politics. Whatsoever it touches,it pollutes. No laudable venture that was politicised ever retain any form of nobility or value. Look at what happened to Niger Delta agitation since politics got into the mix. Plenty other examples abound. Nigeria is finished bro. All efforts should be to free our people from this madness.

They (Cabal) are not more formidable opponents than the British Zik tackled. They are mere local Africans.

You lots are giving them more credit than they deserved and you need to stop it already. Our forerunners looked the sophisticated British in the eye, and fashioned out strategies to outmaneuver them, and our youths are telling us today that an educationally challenged people are too strong for us to dismantle politically? Nnaa ekwu kwana ihea ozo. Ifea buzikwa mkpari, obulu na imaghi, malukwa amalu ugbua.

If Kanu and his IPOB youths stood for electoral process, and defended casted votes vigorously. They would have complete political control of the SE.

Zik left America and returned home to get involved in the political process. You can't leave the political process of Igboland at the hands of internal sabotage and fifth columnists, while you go about shouting for UN and the world to come to your aid, you would sound foolish to the world out there.
You need a political platform on which to stand on. The voice of the people which is determined and legitimatized by elections, remain the voice of God.

Agbachakwa egwu, ona n'ukwu.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 1:54am On Oct 02, 2018
I'm not surprised, yet i'm shocked that the present Buhari Federal Government imports vehicles from abroad instead of patronizing Made in Nigeria vehicles such as INNOSON.

I remember when Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria (PAN) was in operation. The same Buhari as military Head of state bought all the civil servants and members of armed forces vehicles from PAN. Even when they merely assembled and didn't manufacture any parts in Nigeria. Many rich Igbo people bought the 504 and 505 GL and SR versions and seriously patronized the company.

What has suddenly made Buhari FG to shun INNOSON made in Nigeria vehicles? Is it because the company is based in Nnewi, Nigeria instead of Kano or Daura? You be the judge.

I also ask why the same Igbo millionaires that jumped over themselves to buy a mere 504 or 505 saloon car, are not buying the fantastic J-Wagon made by INNOSON? These are the types of things i speak about when i say our people are unable to act strategically.

The Igbo guy whose company was later given a contract by Government of Iraq to build mono-rail in the country said he had been begging the FG to build Abuja city rail and he was shunned. Yet DANGOTE is given all sorts of FG contracts even when he has no company or capacity to do them. Do you get the drift?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 3:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Cjrane2:
I'm not surprised, yet i'm shocked that the present Buhari Federal Government imports vehicles from abroad instead of patronizing Made in Nigeria vehicles such as INNOSON.

I remember when Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria (PAN) was in operation. The same Buhari as military Head of state bought all the civil servants and members of armed forces vehicles from PAN. Even when they merely assembled and didn't manufacture any parts in Nigeria. Many rich Igbo people bought the 504 and 505 GL and SR versions and seriously patronized the company.

What has suddenly made Buhari FG to shun INNOSON made in Nigeria vehicles? Is it because the company is based in Nnewi, Nigeria instead of Kano or Daura? You be the judge.

I also ask why the same Igbo millionaires that jumped over themselves to buy a mere 504 or 505 saloon car, are not buying the fantastic J-Wagon made by INNOSON? These are the types of things i speak about when i say our people are unable to act strategically.

The Igbo guy whose company was later given a contract by Government of Iraq to build mono-rail in the country said he had been begging the FG to build Abuja city rail and he was shunned. Yet DANGOTE is given all sorts of FG contracts even when he has no company or capacity to do them. Do you get the drift?
buhari isnt the problem even.

Believe me...if the 5 SE govs and their entourage use only innosson, it wont be long b4 even buhari himself will start using it.

Our problem is our lack of leadership in igboland. We call it republicanism. Lol

3 Likes

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 3:58am On Oct 02, 2018
Handsomegod:
Oga why not get yourself properly enlightened on the remote and immediate causes of the war. Above all,get properly schooled on the dynamics that played out during the war.When Ambassador Ralph Uwechue,C.C Onoh and Chukwumerije visited the Soviet Union in soliciting for assistance to execute the war,Russian Internal Secratary,Lenoid Brezhnez who happen to be closet admirer called them to an inner chamber and told them point blank" Russia cannot support you to execute the war. Under 11 months,you have developed high artilery systems,missile navigation system,rocket launchers,radar system and bombs. Russia cannot afford another Japan in Africa.We will not support you". The above quote is reachable if you make efforts to read widely before coming here to accuse Ojukwu. To further elucidate, Dan Jacobs in his work on the war "The Brutality of Nations" summarises the Biafra tragedy thus:"The unholy international plot of hitherto arch enemies (Britain and soviet Union) was for a single purpose only.Snuff life out of what many believed was the hope of black Africa". Another British writer,Paul Satre puts it this way" The defeat of Biafra is not a victory for the Nigerian People but for neo colonialists,Soviet and North Atlantic. It is these neo-colonialists who ensured they frustrate the age old struggle of the black man for his full stature in other to continue to succeed in deceiving the world to believe that the black person is incapable of making progress of any kind,and to continue to exploit African countries" All the above sentitive and declassified Intel were made by foreigners to show us what actually played out during the war. In what way then was Ojukwu brazen and brash? Space will fail me to delve further into this but please quit desecrating the sacrifices and memories of our ancestors who faced the whole word to make us free.

I read all that he had posted after that flawed analysis he made, and I decided his views do not merit anymore response.
Yeah, its an open discussion in which everyone presents his ideas, suggestions etc.
However, his views show that his mind is bogged down in a dark, empty and timid shell.
He largely believes we are advocating for a full on, frontal confrontation with the central government as the means of liberation and realizing an Igbo nation.

I hope he gradually gets to unshackle himself. This isn't about discussing what we can't do. Its about what is workable and realistic...and they are largely medium to long term goals.
His comments in the previous page concerning the war showed he knows very little about that event. I admonished him to go read up on its history, but he prefers to shoot blanks here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 4:15am On Oct 02, 2018
Handsomegod:

Ahhh.....you do read Baron Roy's commentaries too? smiley
Cool.
Guy got his head screwed on the right way. His depth of insight is far reaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Curlieweed: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

They (Cabal) are not more formidable opponents than the British Zik tackled. They are mere local Africans.

You lots are giving them more credit than they deserved and you need to stop it already. Our forerunners looked the sophisticated British in the eye, and fashioned out strategies to outmaneuver them, and our youths are telling us today that an educationally challenged people are too strong for us to dismantle politically? Nnaa ekwu kwana ihea ozo. Ifea buzikwa mkpari, obulu na imaghi, malukwa amalu ugbua.

If Kanu and his IPOB youths stood for electoral process, and defended casted votes vigorously. They would have complete political control of the SE.

Zik left America and returned home to get involved in the political process. You can't leave the political process of Igboland at the hands of internal sabotage and fifth columnists, while you go about shouting for UN and the world to come to your aid, you would sound foolish to the world out there.
You need a political platform on which to stand on. The voice of the people which is determined and legitimatized by elections, remain the voice of God.

Agbachakwa egwu, ona n'ukwu.

Thank you! Thank you! You grabbed this right out of my brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by bestview: 5:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Dumb wawa illiterate, Enugu state posts fake figures of IGR whereas its budget is pocket money. Budget is a function of IGR. You can't claim to have higher IGR whereas your budget is still far lower than a state you claimed your IGR is higher than its own. And we all know that Enugu state budgets are usually supported by loans. Bunch of illiterates that push fake figures everywhere. See budget of 2018 below. Lol

Enugu state has been ruled by either mad man like Chimaroke or chronic useless incompetent womanizer Sullivan or another failed fart illiterate Nsukka dunce Ugwuanyi. Enugu state has never been ruled by a technocrat like we have experienced in Anambra since 2006 till now. No wonder Enugu state is backward in education like northern states.

No wonder Enugu state is useless and worthless. No firm company last more than 1yr there before it closes down. Hotel Presidential is dead,Nike lake hotel is dead, Polo park mall is dead. Enugu village airport is dead. Tell me one thing that's still standing in Enugu state. Lol. Enugu state is useless as it is worthlessly backward with nothing to show even after accumulating so much debt. I spit on backward Enugu state. Useless good for nothing people.

[s]
odogwu125:
Chino. Olodo. Using budget to judge the economy. Osun budgted higher than anambra despite being totally broke. Enugu is ruled by wise people not charlatans with vainglorious attitudes
[/s]

1 Like

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 5:47am On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

Why should we fight for restructuring? What do we stand to gain from restructured Nigeria. I have heard Many Igbos parrot this restructuring, and I had quried them and sort to reason with them. In the end, I found out most Igbos don't exactly understand the implications of restructured Nigeria.

Now let me break it down for us.

If restructured Nigeria mean every region get to control it's resources ie resource control . With the brazen manner in which Igbo crude oil bearing parts were stripped and added to SS, while parts of old Bendel oil bearing villages were added to Ondo, what exactly are we going to gain in such Nigeria.

The SW already cornered the Sea and Air hub, and I suppose this restructured Nigeria would still have FG retain some power, which means they could yet frustrate many of our would be plans like reviving our airports to international standards and building of river ports, power generation and all worth not. Yes, I know we have huge untapped natural gas reserves, but those would take years to develop and better done in an independent Igbo nation.

Restructured Nigeria would benefit mainly SW and SS in the interim so let them fight for it, while we channel our energy towards useful ventures.

I also agree we must avoid fighting another war with Nigeria. We must be patient and bid our time. We can't fight Nigeria, we have no allies. Those down South are still eyeing our property and investments, likewise the rest of Nigeria. Wike and Rivers state recently celebrated Rivers state 50yrs anniversary, where Gowon was named after their stadium and dignitaries were invited all over North and SW, with non from Igboland.
We must bid our time, we have no allies.

The SS needs Nigeria disintegrated more than us, they are the ones whose crude oil is bring depleted and shared by all, and in return are being left with destroyed environment which would need billions of dollars to clean up in the future.
Meanwhile, their crude oil reserves are not infinite, Oloibiri no longer produce a single drop of oil, worst still, the world is moving towards clean energy. Technological advancements are being made everyday on Solar energy, Wind energy, sea waves energy, nuclear energy and other forms of clean energy, give it 30yrs or a bit more, and the world would start placing embargo on use of pollution generating energy sources like crude oil, which would further decrease its financial profitability.
Bottomline is that they are the ones in urgent need of independence/resource control, if they must profit from their crude oil reserves, time is running out for them, and if they decide to sit and do nothing, then we must find a way to put our own share of their crude oil national cake allocations to good use, by electing better leaders.

We would be naive to be expending or dissipating our energy to hand it over to them, while all they had ever done is deride and mock our own struggles, which they stand to profit from.
Freedom is a patience business, take a look at Catalonia and how long they had sought for independence from Spain, yet at each point in time, they avoid being provoked to war, being mindful of all they had built back home and how Madrid would relish to reduce them to square one.
Time is endless, we must be patient, less we lose more. We must not accept attempts by Nigerian groups to becloud our sense reality and present us with the illusion that we need independence from Nigeria as a matter of Urgency, because we don't.

Lol
The SS will never fight for the disintegration of Nigeria
They won't do it even in the next 100years
I know them very well as we have been living with them for decades.

Most SS are for one Nigeria as they like suffering and smiling

Besides what is even SS?
combination of different ethnic groups in a region because I don't see what a calabar man has in common with a urhobo man.Even yourubas don't want the disintegration of Nigeria.

We all saw how everyone was screaming restructuring when kanu was still active. Hypocrites.

It's better we fight for restructuring first of all(all igbos must be in one geopolitical zone) if we really want to disintegrate.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 6:02am On Oct 02, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Lol
The SS will never fight for the disintegration of Nigeria
They won't do it even in the next 100years
I know them very well as we have been living with them for decades.

Most SS are for one Nigeria as they like suffering and smiling

Besides what is even SS?
combination of different ethnic groups in a region because I don't see what a calabar man has in common with a urhobo man.Even yourubas don't want the disintegration of Nigeria.

We all saw how everyone was screaming restructuring when kanu was still active. Hypocrites.

It's better we fight for restructuring first of all(all igbos must be in one geopolitical zone) if we really want to disintegrate.

Then let them by all means stay with Nigeria.

All we need do is take full political control of SE from the current Abuja controlled stooges, if only IPOB can finally get out of their current fix state. Then we can elect real leaders who are unapologetically addicted to Igbo interests. By so doing, we would ensure we start making judicious use of our shares of the Niger delta national cake, cum monthly allocations, while subtly frustrating any attempts by them to increase the derivation factor, as such would lead to decrease in allocations to most of our states.

It's time we started being pragmatic and ruthless in protecting our own interests in Nigeria,even if it meant others drown in the process. cool

We do the above, while we slowly bid our time and work towards our long term objective, which is Independence.
Remember, we have all the whole time in the world. Much more time than the NC who would sooner than later lose all their ancestral lands to Fulani and who are serving as natural buffer to us from the Fulani herdsmen onslaught. And also more time than the SS, whose their natural resources are depleted and would end up with devasted ecosystem in exchange.

We have time than them all. This is a patience game, we just need to sit it out while playing our pieces, and time will do the rest for us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:43am On Oct 02, 2018
pazienza:

Then let them by all means stay with Nigeria.

All we need do is take full political control of SE from the current Abuja controlled stooges, if only IPOB can finally get out of their current fix state. Then we can elect real leaders who are unapologetically addicted to Igbo interests. By so doing, we would ensure we start making judicious use of our shares of the Niger delta national cake, cum monthly allocations, while subtly frustrating any attempts by them to increase the derivation factor, as such would lead to decrease in allocations to most of our states.

It's time we started being pragmatic and ruthless in protecting our own interests in Nigeria,even if it meant others drown in the process. cool

We do the above, while we slowly bid our time and work towards our long term objective, which is Independence.
Remember, we have all the whole time in the world. Much more time than the NC who would sooner than later lose all their ancestral lands to Fulani and who are serving as natural buffer to us from the Fulani herdsmen onslaught. And also more time than the SS, whose their natural resources are depleted and would end up with devasted ecosystem in exchange.

We have time than them all. This is a patience game, we just need to sit it out while playing our pieces, and time will do the rest for us.

Words of wisdom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.