Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,735 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:01 AM

. - Politics (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (594953 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by basilo101: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2018
Osagyefo98:

The other was screened out but he organised his faithfuls and conduct an illegal primary.
Lol. I see

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
basilo101:

According to your link there are two factions with two different winners

Speaking at the end of the exercise, the returning officer, Barr. Carol Dike-Okoroafor, the National Welfare Officer of APGA who supervised the guber primary at Ikot Ekpene road described the election which held at Kolpin Society which produced Udensi as void.

See the bold part of the news article.

2 Likes

Re: . by basilo101: 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
pazienza:

Speaking at the end of the exercise, the returning officer, Barr. Carol Dike-Okoroafor, the National Welfare Officer of APGA who supervised the guber primary at Ikot Ekpene road described the election which held at Kolpin Society which produced Udensi as void.

See the bold part of the news article.
I didn't scroll down
Re: . by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2018
I find ikwerre people's eyes on igbo women especially from imo axis very very repulsive.

There was a time an ikwerre guy called kinika was disturbing my sister, calling her all the time and sending love messages to her, it was funny at first but then it became very disturbing, the obsession was just too much.

This highly igbophobic people marry igbo women from imo state yet it is the product of that unholy union, that exihibits igbo hatred the most.

Igbo women too are part to blame, they marry every Tom, Dick and Harry without checking their backgrounds and their views towards their people. They marry mostly because of blind love or money.

3 Likes

Re: . by aniomafirstson: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2018
pazienza:
Guys, I appreciate your updates on the Owerre issue. I appreciate and have reflected your suggestions on the original list.

Please let's keep it coming.

Anioma1stson, I believe there should be more Owerres from the Anioma axis.
Help US with them, let me update them.

Thanks.

Owerre Olubor (ika northeast)
Ute owerre (ika northeast)

There is a town called ogidi in anioma. Do you know the relationship it has with the one in anambra state?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2018
OreMI22:

I am hoping that we get past the stage of discussing all these side groups and concentrate on how to create a vibrant economy.

Igboland is still s shameful net importer of food. The saddest part of this tragedy is that foodstuff we import from fish to poultry to yams, tomatoes, rice, cassava, beans, etc can all be grown in Igboland! Everything agricultural product you import into Igboland, you have enriched someone and impoverished Igboland.

Yet our youths are jobless and land is uncultivated in many villages! We need to find a way to get our land in the villages useful to us economically by cultivating them. We need more unemployed youths to consider fish tanks and how to make well packaged smoked fish. We need the government of SE to consider making cashew plantations, orange plantations, palm tree plantations etc so that these products of these plantations help to generate IGR and keep many youths employed.

We should reduce or totally kill community involvement in land purchase in igboland. There are cases where a person who buys land will also have to settle the king of the community and some so-called youths, this system has to stop.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2018
pazienza:

Keep deceiving yourself.

PH airport would only serve SS.
And I even see Edos rejecting it, as they have interest in building an air and Sea hub of their own. Which is why there is so much talk about Gelegele Seaport.

Enugu Airport is an international airport. A proud real Anambra woman made it so. And real Anambra people in life as well as other real Igbos in life , would always reject every attempt to use Ph airport as a substitute for Enugu international Airport.

That same Gelegele is the community the Ijaws are laying claims to in Edo state. These Ijaws we see in SS are silent killers, Igbos should be wary of them.
Re: . by superlightning: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

You are too daft to get me irritated

daftie. tata......
Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Guy do you know that a Yoruba man owns a company called Proforce that specializes in manufacturing only Armoured vehicles which include Armoured cars, Armoured Personnel Carrier ( APC ), and Armoured Anti mine vehicles. Even with this, the federal government still patronizes Innoson vehicles (that specializes in manufacturing more of private and passenger vehicles) more than Proforce and I have not seen Yorubas coming to cry foul. Why didn't you complain when the FG purchased Innoson vehicles and Peugeot vehicles of which the innoson vehicles were more, the FG purchased about 20 innoson armoured cars in 2016 and after using them in Bornu state, they ordered for extra 100 innoson armoured cars. When you come to Ikeja Army cantonment in Lagos, most of the staff buses are innoson buses same with some of the buses used by the navy in Lagos, FRSC officials situated along the Ikorodu road ( Federal highway ) patrol around in Innoson pickups, I have seen Innoson SUVs come in and out of the Yaba Army Barracks in Yaba Lagos and you are here talking another thing. Apart from the Innoson vehicles, the Buhari lead administration is the first ever administration to order for 50,000 pairs of military boots from Aba shoe manufacturers and recently gave some Aba manufacturers the contract of manufacturing Made in Aba ballot boxes for the 2019 elections and yet you decided to ignore all these things and mislead other people. How many Innoson and Aba products did GEJ buy during his administration? mtcheeeew

The company isn't owned by a Yoruba man. It is owned by Indians

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2018
pazienza:
Let's look at the coming Gubernatorial elections in SE states.

A .Abia

1. Okezie Ikpeazu PDP( incumbent)
2. Alex Otti. APGA
3. Uche Ogah. APC.

B. Ebonyi

1. Dave Umahi. PDP. ( incumbent)
2. Sonny Ogbuoji APC

Imo and Enugu are yet to conclude their governorship primaries.

Anambra governor position is not vacant until 2022.

So, let's discuss the front running governorship candidates of Ebonyi and Abia, and the way forward for those two states.

Alex Otti lost the APGA primaries
Re: . by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

The company isn't owned by a Yoruba man. It is owned by Indians
wrong
Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2018
Tushkito:
I find ikwerre people's eyes on igbo women especially from imo axis very very repulsive.

There was a time an ikwerre guy called kinika was disturbing my sister, calling her all the time and sending love messages to her, it was funny at first but then it became very disturbing, the obsession was just too much.

This highly igbophobic people marry igbo women from imo state yet it is the product of that unholy union, that exihibits igbo hatred the most.

Igbo women too are part to blame, they marry every Tom, Dick and Harry without checking their backgrounds and their views towards their people. They marry mostly because of blind love or money.
don't mind them. They will still find an igbo womanhood to marry.

2 Likes

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

wrong

Wrong what. Go and research on the company and stop posting unverified nonsense here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
Tushkito:

don't mind them. They will still find an igbo woman to marry. Kinika means ginika. Okini means Ogini

2 Likes

Re: . by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
aniomafirstson:

There is a town called ogidi in anioma. Do you know the relationship it has with the one in anambra state?
yes they are. The akiri people. Reverse migration. Maybe from anambra to delta or from there to anambra.we are all related somehow. Where I come from.. We are called nda Agbor. And we call our kins in the upper part nda elu
Re: . by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2018
aniomafirstson:

T[s]here is a town called ogidi in anioma. Do you know the relationship it has with the one in anambra state?[/s]

I hate extended madness
Re: . by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Wrong what. Go and research on the company and stop posting unverified nonsense here

I'm done with that topic, don't bring it back
Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

[s]
[/s]

Re: . by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2018
[quote author=UgwuAghachi post=71848656][/quote]
lol. shift jare lol
Re: . by hammer6F: 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

See joke grin grin grin
Re: . by hammer6F: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

lol. shift jare lol

Bia wait first, did u actually think Yoruba design armoured tank? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 10:26pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

lol. shift jare lol

I have no problem with shifting. My own is stop spreading nonsense. Proforce is owned and operated by Asians, not by a Yoruba man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

We should reduce or totally kill community involvement in land purchase in igboland. There are cases where a person who buys land will also have to settle the king of the community and some so-called youths, this system has to stop.

That's a Nigerian problem...not just in Igboland!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 06, 2018
Xander85:

That's a Nigerian problem...not just in Igboland!

i don't care if it is practiced in other places, I only focus on the problems in Igbo land.

2 Likes

Re: . by ariesbull: 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

I have no problem with shifting. My own is stop spreading nonsense. Proforce is owned and operated by Asians, not by a Yoruba man.

Give us proofs
Re: . by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2018
hammer6F:

Bia wait first, did u actually think Yoruba design armoured tank? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The regional chairman is a Yoruba man and the plant is located in Ogun state. The Chairman, when interviewed, said he started the plant in 2008 for the sole purpose of manufacturing local armoured vehicles for Nigeria and he never mentioned anything like Indian or Asian ownership. The company was also recently assisted by Bank of Industry and the company now boasts of a local ballistic manufacturing plant in Osun state where it makes its ballistic/armoured sheet rolls in its rolling mill.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

its not only Asians, nonsense talk. mtcheeeew
Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 10:57pm On Oct 06, 2018
ariesbull:

Give us proofs

No Google am, dey ask me for proofs
Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

its not only Asians, nonsense talk. mtcheeeew

Proforce is owned and run by Asians, Filipinos to be exact and they have branches in other African counties.

So Afonja are not ashamed, they want to claim other people's companies too. Sophisticated morons

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

No Google am, dey ask me for proofs

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Not any that I'm aware of.
There is a big blank in Ogidi history, like those of other Igbo towns.
Ezechumagha was the progenitor of Ogidi. He gave birth to Inwelle, Inwelle gave birth to Ogidi.
No one is sure of where Ezechumagha come from, but many speculate that he came from Nri.
But I think it's too convenient to claim Ezechumagha came from Nri. He could have been an Nri Man, but I don't think he came directly from Nri to Ogidi location.

Osita Mordi in one of his articles, spoke of an extinct large ancient Igbo Kingdom located in the Enu-ani area called Ogidi.
Nobody could explain how the kingdom declined, but it did, and it's citizens dispersed all over current Anioma land, and some even across the Niger to the East.

Is it possible that Ezecchumagha came from this land? No one can tell. But remember that we have Akili-Ogidi in Ogbaru LGA. Akili people are One of the ancient Igbo speaking groups that once inhabited the current Ukwuani/Ndokwa area. They use to be larger in number, but when the Esumai and other Igbo speaking Bini residing people were forced to return to Anioma, they displaced many indigenous Igbo speaking groups already present in the Western Igbo area. Akili people lost out in the war with the Aboh people, and were forced to cross over the Niger where they found towns like Akili Ozizor ( Stella Odua town), Akili Ogidi, Atani (Dennis Osadebey town), the rest of the Akili people dispersed all over Anioma and were asimiliated by other groups there.

Igbo history is very complex. What people have failed to grasp is that Igbo people had existed on both sides of the River Niger since antiquity, and criss crossed the river to and flow to refound New towns on both sides of the River. Anioma people are as ancient as the people of SE. None is the appendage of the other. If River Niger didn't divide smaller groups like Nupe who exists on both sides of the River, what made people think that Ndiigbo were restricted to One sided of the Niger?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2018
[quote author=nnamdijonathan post=71849847][/quote]

Filipino

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.