Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,765 members, 7,969,247 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:24 PM

. - Politics (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (613921 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by hammerF: 1:23am On Oct 19, 2018
ezeagu:
Anyway, since this was a big contribution that actually caught the attention of policy makers, has anybody been talking about the Abia / Rivers / Akwa Ibom Imo River dredging proposal?

The money u will use to dredge can build your deep seaport on the far eastern island of Rivers.

Deep seaport belongs in the Sea and River port belong in the River.

I am happy to give Jaja of Opobo children that one.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:15am On Oct 19, 2018
Xander85:

Bros Paziezna, the bolded is easier said than done knowing how headstrong some of us can be!

Our enemies are aware we may try to do what you suggested and this is why they're already one step ahead of us by ensuring our federal roads remain shi/t and are riddled with pot-holes, mini-lakes and bushes, and why they've ignored the south-east in their high-speed railway constructions. Ever wonder why the Enugu-Port Harcourt rail link that was revitalised by GEJ has now been killed off?

If not anything else, you just have to admire these bastards capacity for sneakiness and guile! wink

Valid points. We just need to discuss more about these things in Igbo forums, until our people understand the forces at play against us, and the political office holders are forced to act.

Federal roads can be repaired by our state governments through collaborations. Thereafter, the FG would be tasked to either pay them back or allow the road be tolled.
Yes, I know it's unfair to us, but we must pay whatever price necessary to ensure that our wealth stays home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 2:20am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

Nwanne, that sound good.

That is my idea too, use dem wen it suits us and dump them wen it is not in our interest.

This is wat i have been trying to explain to u.

Them and that Bonny people.

At the bold.
Not bad. Like when it suits our interest, we can claim Ikwerre is Igbo, when it doesn't, like right now, we insist they are not Igbo.
Sounds about right and cool to me. I'm beginning to see your point.
But to play this game, you must have emotionally detached yourself from any sense of kinship with them.
The game isn't one for the emotionally encumbered ones.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 19, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

Are you aware that this thread is igbo thread ?
You keep switching account like a mad man. The one you are using to campaign for Buhari while you are busy using this one to deceive some gullible Igbos with some of your pro Igbo comments..

How far with your "reelectbuhari" moniker ?
You have abandoned that one as expected after after I exposed your arewa @ss.
Only a stupid and an idiotic igbo man will call you igbo..
Like I told you before, you are lucky because I am very busy this time around unlike before, if not I would do to you what I did your "Reelectbuhari" moniker.
Leave southerners alone. We can sort ourselves out despite our differences... Go and resurrect your 3rd moniker and campaign for your master buhari as usual.
Anambra wannabe ...

I can't see any comment.

Morelike lamentations
Re: . by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 19, 2018
Anambra School Children Made Generator Which Runs On Water

https://www.nairaland.com/4796739/anambra-school-children-made-generator

1 Like

Re: . by amadice(m): 6:32am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

The insult is not for nothing, but the exact reason u stated.

Abandong your region to turn urchin in another man territory.

If Ndiigbo get this one wrong, then sorry. Ndo!
..I thought you were the very person who wanted a deep seaport with them as brothers. glad your brain is back, does ijaw and ikwerre are so tribalitic. its in the blood IGBOPHOBIA I call it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by amadice(m): 6:36am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

ROTIMI HAVE FAILED.

OBJ HAVE FAILED.

BUHARI HAVE FAILED.

FASHOLA HAVE FAILED.

APC HAVE FAILED

THE STRUCTURE STANDS DEFIANTLY IN ENUGU.

OUR FIRST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN SE, IS READY TO USE.

the Enugu international airport terminal is too small. overhaul the building and erecting a bigger and beautiful one is needful, bigger than the NNAMDI AZIKWE airport abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

The money u will use to dredge can build your deep seaport on the far eastern island of Rivers.

You seem to be very much confused about this river and sea port of a thing. A sea is a large body of salt water while a river is a large body of fresh water. Please there is no major difference between a river port and a sea port. Please stop all these discrimination.

I would rather prefer to develop a very good and standard river port in the east first rather than building a sea port elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: . by hammerF: 7:43am On Oct 19, 2018
nwokoyepraise:

You seem to be very much confused about this river and sea port of a thing. A sea is a large body of salt water while a river is a large body of fresh water. Please there is no major difference between a river port and a sea port. Please stop all these discrimination.

I would rather prefer to develop a very good and standard river port in the east first rather than building a sea port elsewhere.

And i am fully in support of developing world class River port across igbo land first.

Not the present lift hangers we have masquerading as river port.

1 Like

Re: . by hammerF: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2018
amadice:

the Enugu international airport terminal is too small. overhaul the building and erecting a bigger and beautiful one is needful, bigger than the NNAMDI AZIKWE airport abuja

That is wat this one is for.

I propose a second terminal be sited in Nsukka to serve both Benue and Kogi, even Taraba as well as the SE.

Re: . by hammerF: 7:52am On Oct 19, 2018
amadice:
..I thought you were the very person who wanted a deep seaport with them as brothers. glad your brain is back, does ijaw and ikwerre are so tribalitic. its in the blood IGBOPHOBIA I call it.

If landlocked Ikwere and Ika can be invited to Ohanaeze even though they have nothing to offer.

I see no reason why Opobo and Bonny cannot be invited to Ohanaeze ahead of a possible deep seaport, after completion of all River port in southeast.

Igbos need to start thinking strategically.

We need somewhere close from where our goods can be dispatched to our River ports.
Re: . by hammerF: 7:53am On Oct 19, 2018
pazienza:

At the bold.
Not bad. Like when it suits our interest, we can claim Ikwerre is Igbo, when it doesn't, like right now, we insist they are not Igbo.
Sounds about right and cool to me. I'm beginning to see your point.
But to play this game, you must have emotionally detached yourself from any sense of kinship with them.
The game isn't one for the emotionally encumbered ones.

I am always about interest, wat i can take.
Re: . by Curlieweed: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

Nke anyi bu nke anyi.

It’s strategically better to dredge the Imo river up to Ndoki land and build a port there than to build one at Opobo (that is an island), currently inaccessible from the mainland except by watercraft. The cost of connecting the mainland by land (ideally highway and rail) to Opobo may even exceed the cost of dredging the short distance from Ndoki to the sea. The only other cost is taking care of that bridge between Ogoni and Akwa Ibom.

Moreover, King Jaja’s children are now Ijaws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammerF: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2018
Curlieweed:

Nke anyi bu nke anyi.

It’s strategically better to dredge the Imo river up to Ndoki land and build a port there than to build one at Opobo (that is an island), currently inaccessible from the mainland except by watercraft. The cost of connecting the mainland by land (ideally highway and rail) to Opobo may even exceed the cost of dredging the short distance from Ndoki to the sea. The only other cost is taking care of that bridge between Ogoni and Akwa Ibom.

Moreover, King Jaja’s children are now Ijaws.

Dat is not accepted.

If we do wat we are suppose to do, u will find that they are also igbo as they have claimed several times.

Igbo land is not shrinking but expanding.

The best decision is to get the port in Abia and also the one on the island of Opobo as a deep seaport.
Re: . by hammerF: 8:55am On Oct 19, 2018
Diete-Spiff became Gov of Rivers State with one mission, which is to take land from the Igbos.

It was never about abandoned property but the land on which the property were occupying in Port Harcourt.

Similarly, mass occupation of Bonny and Opobo by Ijaw was encouraged.

During this period, Ibani was introduced in School and a decree passed to stop the islanders from speaking Igbo.

However, despite all effort, the people of bonny intermarried with the Ijaw, but kept the Igbo language.

Wat more can we Ndiigbo ask, since it is us that are in need of deep seaport.

We simple add them to Ohanaeze, along side Ogoni.

Those Who Shaped Rivers
By The Tide - May 27, 201705209
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Major Isaac Adaka Boro
Selfless. Bold. Courageous. Powerful. Influential. Athletic. Enigmatic. They were all these and more. The Pathfinders, Great Lives who shaped Rivers State.
A time like this is a time to reflect, and in reflecting, the past comes alive, especially when attempting to capture, even if adumbratively, the life (and times) of an unforgettable gallery of men who, like magnificent colossuses, traversed the trobbing firmament of their callings, to the glory of the state.
The list is obviously inexhaustive: the heroes, the titans, the politicians, the moguls, the activists, the academics, the artists, the environmentalists, and others in the crucible of history. Thus, we shall only dwell briefly on the few who spent better part of their youth to provide the platform upon which the demand and ultimate creation of the state was realized, including, however, a superficial appraisal of some public men of the Alfred Diete-Spiff era (May 27, 1967 to 1975).
But before we adumbrate on that, let us recall the spirit of self determination that gave birth to the history of the struggle for the creation of an administrative unit to embrace the diverse ethnic groups that make up Rivers State. This is moreso as it would provide an insight into how most of the dramatis personae in that struggle ultimately served in different capacities under Diete-Spiff.
Let us first state that the struggle for the creation of Rivers State was publicly carried out under various names and organizations both at home and abroad.
Some of them were the Ijaw Rivers Peoples league, Ijaw State Union, Ijaw National Union, Rivers State Movement, Rivers Chiefs and People Conference, Rivers Study Group and Council of Niger Delta Rehabilitation.
Others were Gesi Ijaw Union, Niger Delta Congress, Ijaw Union, Niger Delta Volunteer Service of Late Major Isaac Adaka Boro, Oil Rivers People league, just to mention a few.
Through petitions, resolutions, welcome addresses, memoranda, special delegations and parliamentary debates by elected representatives of the people, both the regional and central government authorities in the country were pressured to recognize the unanimous yearnings and aspirations of the people inhabiting the compact expense of the Niger Delta territory which include present day Rivers and Bayelsa States.
During the 1967 – 1970 fratricidal civil war in Nigeria, Major Isaac Adaka Boro, Captain Amangala, Captain Nyanayo, Warrant Officer Nothingham Dick and many others died without witnessing the eventual creation of Rivers State.
The rest, it is said, is history. But suffice it to say that that history recorded the survival of a few Rivers sons in the libreration struggle. They were Mr. Timmy Samuel Owonaro, Chief Harold Dapp-Biriye, Chief Melford Okilo, Chief Ben-Wari, Chief E.A.D. Alikor, Chief O,M, Asisi-Abbey, Chief I.J. Fiberesima, Mr. J.M. Areweriyai and Chief M.E. Soba.
Others were Mr. Wenike Briggs, Mr. S.N. Dikibo, Mr. D.T. Ayawari, Justice R.P.G. Okara, Dr. Obi Wali, Chief Nwaobidike Nwanodi, Chief Edward Kobani and Mr. Francis Ellah.
In recognition of the role played by these illustrious sons of Rivers State, the first Military Governor of the State, Commander Diete-Spiff named Dappa-Biriye, Nwanodi, Obi Wali, as members of his cabinet. While Dappa-Biriye was Commissioner for Agriculture, Fishery and natural resources, Nwanodi was incharge of health, and Wali, Rehabilitation.
Others were Chief E.J.A. Oriji, Economic Development, Trade and Industry, Chief S.F. Kombo Igbeta, Establishment; Dr. Nabo Graham-Douglas (SAN), Justice/Attorney-General; Mr. Oluke Ngei, Works, Lands, and transport; and Dr. W.T. Wakama, Local Government and Information.
The rest were Mr. W.P. Daniel-Kalio, Secretary to the Military Government and Head of Service, and Prof. Isaac Dema, Chairman, Public Service Commission.
Before profiling Diete-Spiff and his men, let’s first get to know who Major Isaac Adaka Boro was.
Born to a Headmaster on September 10, 1936, Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro, a native of Kaiama, worked briefly as a teacher and later a cop in 1958 before attending University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN). He was once Senior Prefect at Hussey College, Warri, and President of UNN students Union.
He was arrested, tried and sentenced to death on June 21, 1966 for declaring Niger Delta Peoples Republic. Pardoned and released by General Yakubu Gown, the then Head of State, Boro enlisted in the Nigerian Army as Second Lieutenant and fought during the Nigerian civil war, rose to the rank of Major and died in active service on may 16, 1968. He was later given a post-humous award, Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).
Alfred Papareye Diete-Spiff, Seriyai 11, Amanyanabo of Twon Brass, was born on July 30, 1942 at Twon Brass to Chief Claude Diete-Spiff Amange and Madam Sarah – Ann Diete Amange.
He had his education at St. Luke’s School, Nembe, St. Barnabas Town and St. Joseph’s College, Sassie-Buea in the Western Cameroun. At various times, he was Meteorological Officer, Lagos Airport, and a rating at Elder Dempster Lines before transferring to the Nigerian Navy.
Widely travelled, Commander Diete-Spiff was Rivers State Military Governor, 1967 to 1975, Appointed Amanyanabo in November 1978, he is the Ochikuba Osa of Ogbaland and a businessman of Catholic faith.
Harold Jeneibiwari Roland Dappa-Biriye was born on September 26, 1920 and attended Kings College, Lagos between 1937 and 1941.
Incensed by the injustice and inequalities of his time, Dappa-Biriye, more than anyone else, championed the creation of Rivers State, forming various groups, including the Rivers Chiefs and Peoples Conference (RCPC) and the Niger Delta Congress (NDC). He also played active role alongside Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Tafawa Balewa and others in achieving independence for Nigeria.
He had held several state and federal appointments. For a life devoted to the public service of Nigeria, Dappa-Biriye was honoured with an award of the Officer of the Order of the Niger on October 1, 1980. He died in 2005.
Professor Isaac Solomon Dema, pioneer Chairman, Rivers State Public Service Commission from 1969 to 1975; Chairman, Board of Management, Rivers State College of Science and technology, Port Harcourt, (1971 to 1973) member, Rivers State Advisory Council under Governor Peter Odili, among others, was born on July 9, 1921.
A native of Ogbema in Abua/Odual Local Government Area of Rivers State, Dema was an international nutrition consultant who contributed greatly towards reducing infant mortality in Nigeria.
After his primary and secondary education in Ahoada and Lagos, he obtained Bachelors and graduate degrees in Human Nutrition from the University of London. He was the first African to be appointed Professor of Human Nutrition, University of Ibadan.
Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa, a native of K-Dere in Ogoni, was born in October, 1941. A businessman, novelist and television producer, Saro-Wiwa was the Administrator for Bonny and member of the Interim Advisory Council, Rivers State during the civil war period. Between 1968 and 1973, he served variously in the Executive Council as Commissioner for Works, land and Transport; Commissioner for Education; and Commissioner for Information and Home Affairs.
An environmentalist and rights activist who pioneered a non-violent approach to the ecological injustice in his native Ogoni and the Niger Delta region, Sara-Wiwa was sentenced to death by hanging along with other eight Ogonis by the General Sani Abacha administration in 1995.
He is generally regarded as a martyr by the people of the Niger Delta in the struggle for resource control.
Nwaobidike Nwanodi was born on February 14, 1931. He was President-General, Ogbakor Ikwerre Cultural Organization Worldwide in 1963 and was later elected member of national parliament representing Ahoada Central Constituency between 1964 and 1965.
He served as Rivers State Commissioner for Economic Development, Trade and Industry; Commissioner for Health and later, Commissioner for Justice and Attorney-General between 1969 and 1975.
The Governorship candidate of the defunct Nigerian Peoples Party in 1979, Chief Nwanodi was appointed Senior Advocate of Nigeria in 2006 and member, Rivers State Advisory Council during the administration of former Governor Peter Odili.
Bestowed the Doyen of the Port Harcourt bar as the oldest practicing lawyer in the jurisdiction in 2012, he was a life member of the Body of Benchers.
Dr. Obi Wali born on February 27, 1932 at Rumuigbo, near Port Harcourt, Rivers state, was the first Ikwerre man to get a doctorate degree.
After his primary and secondary education, he obtained a bachelor’s degree in English literature from the University of London via the University of Ibadan in 1959. He added a doctorate in English from North Western University, USA in 1967.
A former lecturer at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Wali was pioneer Commissioner for Rehabilitation in 1967 and a distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria representing Port Harcourt (now PHALGA and OBALGA) Senatorial Zone. He died in 1993.
Nabo Bekinbo Graham-Douglas was born at Abonnema in Akuku Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State on July 15, 1926. After his primary education at Abonnema, he attended Kalabari National College, Buguma.
He was called to the English bar at the Inner Temple in London in 1955 after reading law at the University College, Exeter.
After a very successful legal practice in Nigeria and Ghana, the turn of national events in 1968 forced him into public affairs. That year, he was appointed Attorney-General of the Eastern region by the new Military administration of the region. He resigned after six months because of his opposition to secession.
During the Nigerian Civil War, Graham Douglas served as a special envoy to both Britain and the United States of America, explaining the federal position on the civil war and representing Nigeria at international conferences.
As Rivers State Attorney General, he stoutly defined and defended the position of the state on the so-called abandoned property issue.
In May 1976, he was appointed Chairman of the Council for Legal Education, a position he held until his death in 1983.
Author of some ten books on various aspects of Nigerian Law, Graham-Douglas was the first legal practitioner in the country to be elevated to the position of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in 1975. In 1989 he was honoured with the award of the Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR).
Emmanuel Johnson Anachor Oriji was born on September 5,1921. After his primary and post primary education between 1938 and 1950, Oriji, through hardwork obtained an intermediate Bachelor of Law (LLb) of the University of London in 1955.
A celebrated teacher who taught in many schools across Nigeria, Oriji was a councilor and later chairman, Ikwerre/Etche County Council from 1954 to 1960.
Oriji was a member, Eastern House of Assembly, 1960 to1966; Chairman, Rivers State Rehabilitation Committee for Upland, 1967-1969, and pioneer commissioner for Education and Establishments, Trade and Industry, as well as Agriculture in Rivers State.
A frontliner in the fight for the creation of Rivers State, Oriji was Chairman, Board of Directors, Projects Development Institute (PRODA), Enugu, member, Rivers State Advisory Council, and member, Rivers Sate Council of Traditional Rulers.
While in government, he initiated many landable projects, including the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa and General Hospital, Emohua.
In appreciation of his efforts, he was given the title of Ochi Oha I of Ikwerre and later crowned as Nnenwe Eli Emohua XI in 1973.
Emmanuel Elechi Amadi is a reknowned writer and author. Born on May 12, 1934 at Aluu, Rivers State, he attended the famous Government College, Umuahia, Abia State, from 1948 to 1952.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science in Physics and Mathematics (combined honours) from the University College, Ibadan between 1954 and 1959; Diploma in Land Surveying from the School of Surveying, Oyo (1960 to 1962) and briefly practiced Land Surveying before joining the education corps of the Nigerian Army.
He left the Army in November, 1965 to teach in secondary schools and much later became a seasoned administrator with the Rivers State Government, overseeing, at different times, the Ministries of Information, Education and Lands as commissioner,
He is a creative writer, and one the best known authors published by the African Writers Series. He is a playwright and an author of many books, including the popular trilogy: The Concubine (AWS 25), The Great Ponds (AWS 44) and The Slave (AWS/210), as well as a verse play, Isiburu.
Amadi is popularly acclaimed in African Literature as the leading authority in ‘The Supernatural in African Literature’ due to the excellent presentation in his works of pre-colonial African societies as ruled by the gods.
Re: . by hammerF: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2018
The far eastern half of Rivers was never Ijaw.

The Ijaw simply took advantage of the war to occupy them.

Similarly, port Harcourt was an Igbo City, never Ijaw.

They took advantage of the war to occupy the city.

Enough of the crying, it is time to take wat is ours.
Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:09am On Oct 19, 2018
pazienza:

Igboland had it worst under Amaechi as the Transport minister.
We were totally shut out from the Chinese loan railway project, and it took a public uproar from us, to get the FG to review it.
It was also under Amaechi supervision as the minister of Transport that AIIA suffered the greatest neglect, while all effort were being made to upgrade his Ikwerre-Ijaw PH airport and foist it on us.

After, they tell us Ikwerre is Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammerF: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

After, they tell us Ikwerre is Igbo.

Amaechi took wat was his for the taking.

It is for Igbo to take wat is theirs for the taking.

I wish u lot can see things my way.
Re: . by onuebonyi: 9:13am On Oct 19, 2018
Amaechi has done well by giving SS and SE an international airport in Port Harcourt. This international airport will serve the entire Eastern Nigeria. Good job

Re: . by hammerF: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2018
I cannot continue to repeat myself.

There is room for a second terminal in Nsukka for a massiver terminal in the extereme Nort of Enugu.

It will serve the SE and Kogi, Benue, and even far away Taraba.

If that small airport is giving them headache, then we go for a second international terminal to kill them.

Re: . by hammerF: 9:14am On Oct 19, 2018
onuebonyi:
Amaechi has done well by giving SS and SE an international airport in Port Harcourt. This international airport will serve the entire Eastern Nigeria. Good job

fixed!

1 Like

Re: . by onuebonyi: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2018
FG should not bother to waste money in any other airport. Any state that wishes should develop their own aviation sector. For now the PH International airport is good to serve the SS and SE

Re: . by hammerF: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2018
Wen Ndiigbo start to reason strategically and stay focused.

U will find us progressing.

Our enemies are focused and determined and we must match them in their madness.

Second terminal in extreme north of Enugu.

Re: . by hammerF: 9:18am On Oct 19, 2018
onuebonyi:
FG should not bother to waste money in any other airport. Any state that wishes should develop their own aviation sector. For now the PH International airport is good to serve the SS and SE

Na ur papa be federal government abi?

Igbo no follow be federal government?

U will dictate to southeast abi?

The first airport in Enugu caused u tears, u will soon cry again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by hammerF: 9:20am On Oct 19, 2018
If Igbo men had my mind set, i will not have to say much.

I am having to reprogramme them.

If na me, I will finish many of u.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2018
A frontliner in the fight for the creation of Rivers State, Oriji was Chairman, Board of Directors, Projects Development Institute (PRODA), Enugu, member, Rivers State Advisory Council, and member, Rivers Sate Council of Traditional Rulers.

I find this interesting. I know this Oriji to be a die hard Igbo hating Ikwerre man. How then could such a program as PRODA that was aimed at harnessing technological advancement made by Ndiigbo during the war, for Nigerian development be handed to an Igbo resenting fellow.
His bitterness towards Ndiigbo would sure play a role in his acting on the project, little wonder PRODA died.

Bia, Abagworo, come and tell us more about this Oriji man.
I heard stories about how he led the FG forces to capture Many Igbo soldiers in Ikwerreland, my Uncle personally died fighting in Ph war front, so my issue with this man, is personal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2018
hammerF:

Na ur papa be federal government abi?

Igbo no follow be federal government?

U will dictate to southeast abi?

The first airport in Enugu caused u tears, u will soon cry again.

Pay no attention to that moniker. Let him keep blowing his little cover.
Ndiigbo have rejected Ph airport. Ph was already designated an international airport When Oduah, Princess of Ogbaru Anambra. Ada Ndiigbo ji ejemba, fought the whole Nigeria gang up, to secure international status for AIIA.
The message is clear. Ph international airport will serve Ikwerre and Ijaw people, and not Ndiigbo. We hold no misgivings towards Ikwerre and Ijaw people, we are just not going to allow Alaigbo be neglected, so that they could use us and build traffic for their own airport.

Heaven willing, Buhari would be ousted, and Amaechi Ikwerre games will be over.
AIIA will receive massive upgrade, if Peter Obi ascends.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammerF: 9:29am On Oct 19, 2018
pazienza:

Pay no attention to that moniker. Let him keep blowing his little cover.
Ndiigbo have rejected Ph airport. Ph was already designated an international airport When Oduah, Princess of Ogbaru Anambra. Ada Ndiigbo ji ejemba, fought the whole Nigeria gang up, to secure international status for AIIA.
The message is clear. Ph international airport will serve Ikwerre and Ijaw people.
Heaven willing, Buhari would be ousted, and Amaechi Ikwerre games will be over.
AIIA will receive massive upgrade, if Peter Obi ascends.

Everything they do creates an advantage for us.

Wat was intended to destroy us, will end up uplifting us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:32am On Oct 19, 2018
The tail will not wag the dog. Enugu is the capital of the Eastern region, not Ph.

Since Ph Now have a good international airport, we wish them well. But we will still not have their own airport serve as our own. Enugu AIIA must stand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by onuebonyi: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2018
These are the only international airports in Nigeria, other airports are local state airports.

FG unveils transaction advisers for 4 airports billed for concessioning

Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, yesterday, unveiled the transaction advisers for the four international airports to be concessioned by the Federal Government.

The minister also announced the advisers for the five other projects on the aviation roadmap.

President Muhammadu Buhari and cross Section of Ministers during the FEC
Sirika, while unveiling the advisers at the 4th Aviation Stakeholders Forum holding in Abuja, listed Infrata, Dentons, Rebel, WSP Parsons Brinkckerhoff, and Proserve as the five transaction advisers to handle the concession of the Nnamidi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja; Muritala Muhammed Airport, Lagos; Aminu Kano Airport, Kano; and the Port Harcourt International Airport..

According to him, the five firms are experienced and have expertise “in airport management, Public Private Partnership Legal Advice, Finance, Project and Construction Management and Environmental and Social services.

” and the unveiling is in line with the Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission ( ICRC) guidelines and public procurement act.’’

The other five projects which advisers were also announced, include the establishment of Maintenance Repair and Overhaul, MRO, Centre, Aviation leasing company, development of Aerotropolis, cargo/ Argo allied terminals and establishment of a national carrier

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/fg-unveils-transaction-advisers-4-airports-billed-concessioning/amp/ml

Nnamidi Azikiwe Airport- Abuja/NC

Muritala Muhammed Airport- Lagos/SW

Aminu Kano Airport- NE/NW

Port Harcourt International Airport- SE/SS

Re: . by hammerF: 9:34am On Oct 19, 2018
onuebonyi:
These are the only international airports in Nigeria, other airports are local state airports.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/fg-unveils-transaction-advisers-4-airports-billed-concessioning/amp/ml

Nnamidi Azikiwe Airport- Abuja/NC

Muritala Muhammed Airport- Lagos/SW

Aminu Kano Airport- NE/NW

Port Harcourt International Airport- SE/SS

pazienza:

The tail will not wag the dog. Enugu is the capital of the Eastern region, not Ph.

Since Ph Now have a good international airport, we wish them well. But we will still not have their own airport serve as our own. Enugu AIIA must stand.

Pazienza, we will always win becos, we have all the time in the world.

They can delay it but our beatiful first international terminal stands deviantely finished at Enugu.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.