Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,833 members, 7,935,609 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:13 PM

. - Politics (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (606622 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
Peter Obi, Ex governor of Anambra state, says 98 million people are living under poverty in Nigeria.

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
Purehuman:
So you guys have not ended this decade long argument of who and who is igbo. Alot of time spent on these arguments will not make your states better.

THANK YOU! This is a sound-minded individual right here.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Thank you, Puritan. Please, I do hope all your future responses to me are as brief and as empty as this going forward. It would be a shame for us to continue wasting bandwidth, when all you need to do is convey this resolve and keep..it..moving.

It is dead.

Speak the language of the elder guards and let go of your complex.

1 Like

Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sure?

Re: . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Purehuman:
So you guys have not ended this decade long argument of who and who is igbo. Alot of time spent on these arguments will not make your states better.

More like challenging the powers that has to be.
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi, abi na Puritan. I gala di la igbara m whne ahnu waa? Dikwanu ma "ke m ke ole" gh', ehn?
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sure?

Re: . by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:
MelesZenawi, abi na Puritan. I gala di la igbara m whne ahnu waa? Dikwanu ma "ke m ke ole" gh', ehn?

Continue talking to yourself with languages of lesser mortal.

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Continue talking to yourself with languages of lesser mortal.

Finally. Some peace. I like this comment. Please, let us keep it this way. As we say in Ngwa, kohnuwa lia hnukwa.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

[s]Finally. Some peace. I like this comment. Please, let us keep it this way. As we say in Ngwa, kohnuwa lia hnukwa.[/s]

Such words doesn't exist.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2020
Interesting.

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Such words doesn't exist.
Loooool. "Okay Sa". We have heard.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Lool Anambraphobia? Please. Yes, I have little to no respect for nationalistic, propagandist Igbo, and Anambra contributes the most toward nationalistic, propagandist Igbo, but aside from that I have no problem with actual Anambra itself. My only issue is when nationalistic, propagandist Anambra try to overstep and call me a descendant of that uninspiring name "Eri". . We have no association with that individual or his descendants.

My real annoyance is when disgusting Igbo people like you, Pazienza, try everything you can to write a propagandist history of your new colonial-based identity and then attempt to rob everyone else of agency for the sake of said new colonial-based identity. My problem is that this discussion of "who is and isn't Igbo" SHOULD HAVE BEEN SQUASHED YEARS AGO, so that we in the SE could have moved forward with addressing more relevant issues. But nooo, nationalists and propagandists like yourselves just cannot let go, for the sake of your Christian God.

After all meandering, you only ended supporting my Anambra phobia theory about you.

You need to get over it. Not all of in Anambra even believe in Eri theory. Give it a rest already.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Jersey will make better use of that $308 million USD than Nigeria ever could. If it ever makes it back to Nigeria, it will evaporate and none of us will know that money even trickled in.
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
pazienza:
After all meandering, you only ended supporting my Anambra phobia theory about you.

You need to get over it. Not all of in Anambra even believe in Eri theory. Give it a rest already.

So, that is your definition of phobia? Lol. We spent years dismantling lies from Anambra propandists and that is what you define as a phobia? Alright. Jirima 'a.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
NaijirianKing:
True or false?

Oga remove that picture pls, there is no Igbo king there.

I hate propaganda.

Search for obi of onicha receiving the queen sane day. He was standing..

you that not propaganda.

The picture in order is a Yoruba King oba of Lagos, hausa..belllo and Benin king.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
NaijirianKing:
The Government of Jersey, the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Government of the United States of America have entered into an Asset Recovery Agreement to repatriate over US$308 million of forfeited assets to Nigeria.

This was contained in a press statement published on the website of US Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria on Tuesday.

The funds were laundered through the US banking system and then held in bank accounts in Jersey in the name of Doraville Properties Corporation, a BVI company, and in the name of the son of the former Head of State of Nigeria, General Sani Abacha.

In 2014 a U.S. Federal Court in Washington DC forfeited the money as property involved in the illicit laundering of the proceeds of corruption arising in Nigeria during the period from 1993 to 1998 when General Abacha was Head of State.

This case is a result of extensive co-operation between the Jersey authorities, the Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section of the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with crucial assistance from other governments around the world.

At the time the case was filed as part of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative in 2013, it was the largest U.S. kleptocracy forfeiture action ever commenced.

In 2014 the Attorney General of Jersey applied for, and was granted, a Property Restraint Order over the Jersey bank account balance of Doraville.

This was challenged in the Royal Court of Jersey and Court of Appeal, and an application for permission to appeal to the Privy Council by Doraville was refused. France and the United Kingdom restrained additional funds at U.S. request.

General Abacha and his associates stole and laundered many hundreds of millions of dollars of public money during his military regime, doing vast harm to the futures of Nigerians.

The monies were laundered by his family, including his sons Ibrahim and Mohammed, and a number of close associates.

The laundering operation extended to the United States and European jurisdictions such as the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg.

In 2018, Governments of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, United States of America and the Bailiwick of Jersey commenced the negotiation of the procedures for the repatriation, transfer, disposition and management of the assets.

The tripartite agreement signed this week represents a major watershed in international cooperation in asset recovery and repatriation, and will provide benefit to people throughout Nigeria.

The projects on which the funds will be expended will be administered by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority and independently audited.

The Federal Republic of Nigeria will establish a Monitoring Team to oversee the implementation of the projects and to report regularly on progress.

The Nigerian government, in consultation with the other Parties, will also engage Civil Society Organisations, who have expertise in substantial infrastructure projects, civil engineering, anti-corruption compliance, anti-human trafficking compliance, and procurement to provide additional monitoring and oversight.

https://punchng.com/breaking-us-nigeria-sign-agreement-on-abacha-loot-return/

If Abacha were to be alive. He would also be a Nigerian elder statesman, chanting "One Naijeriya". If Abacha had this much loot, you can imagine how much more loot Gowon, IBB, OBJ, Abdulsalam, are all sitting on.

Ihekwu mere Ndiigbo, the day we became joined in same entity with these lots.
Ikegwu

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:
Loooool. "Okay Sa". We have heard.
Better.
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Better.
**grins** owhnoghowhno nwhnogha. grin
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

So, that is your definition of phobia? Lol. We spent years dismantling lies from Anambra propandists and that is what you define as a phobia? Alright. Jirima 'a.

Which Anambra propagandists do you speak of?
You are really more lost than I earlier assumed.

I nago nko, nwanne. grin

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Another lies and propaganda.

No such thing happen.

People like Eze Dick doesn't even understand the reason he was made a king.

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:40pm On Feb 04, 2020
pazienza:
Which Anambra propagandists do you speak of?
You are really more lost than I earlier assumed.

I nago nko, nwanne. grin

Lool you were one of the single-ancestor/Eri-descendant champions until recently AND you are an Igbo propagandist. You are part of the people I am referring to. Looooooooooool.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:
**grins** owhnoghowhno nwhnogha. grin
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Another lies and propaganda.

No such thing happen.

People like Eze Dick doesn't even understand the reason he was made a king.

Hm? Nye ndito igbara m whne na ahnu waa? This is weird.
Re: . by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Hm? Nye ndito igbara m whne na ahnu waa? This is weird.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Lool you were one of the single-ancestor/Eri-descendant champions until recently AND you are an Igbo propagandist. You are part of the people I am referring to. Looooooooooool.

You are fighting your shadows.
I always knew better to believe the senseless story of a big and diverse group like Ndiigbo being decendands of a certain Eri.

Nobody who has spent time studying the history and origin stories of all Igbo sub groups would even accept that funny Eri story.

I doubt Chinua Achebe ever did. He was well traveled within Igboland and knew better. Eri/Nri are just a branch of the Igbo big tree.

No branch of the Igbo tree is the root. The Igbo root is found in every Igbo branch. The Igbo tree sprung up and the root formed Trunk, which gave rise to the branches.
To get the root, you must see the whole branches as a part of a single trunk. Then from there you can trace the root.

3 Likes

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 3:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
pazienza:
You are fighting your shadows.
I always knew better to believe the senseless story of a big and diverse group like Ndiigbo are decendands of a certain Eri.

Nobody who has spent time studying the history and origin stories of all Igbo sub groups would even accept that funny Eri story.

I doubt Chinua Achebe ever did. He was well traveled within Igboland and knew better. Eri/Nri are just a branch of the Igbo big tree.

Lol. I am even commending your for growing maybe an ounce in your understanding over the past decade.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Lol. I am even commending your for growing maybe an ounce in your understanding over the past decade.

Your myopia has never allowed you to see clearly.
You are probably pleased now because you think I am on your anti Eri/Nri agenda, when in truth, I am not.
I am and have always been pro Igbo. And I see all parts of Igboland as a branch of the Igbo trunk.
I have always stood against elevation of any Igbo branch as the Igbo root, because I always knew that doing so would deny us the opportunity of ever finding our common root.

You are the one who have refused to outgrow your clannish sentiments. You have for a decade proved impervious to the truth, always in haste to advance your clannish fantasies. You are not different from the Eri/Nri propagandists you malign. You are both cut from the same cloth.
Look at how you have insisted on writing your Ngwa with non conventional Igbo writing style (Onwu alphabets), making it impossible for you to communicate with the rest of us.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammerU: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
NaijirianKing:
The Government of Jersey, the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Government of the United States of America have entered into an Asset Recovery Agreement to repatriate over US$308 million of forfeited assets to Nigeria.

This was contained in a press statement published on the website of US Embassy and Consulate in Nigeria on Tuesday.

The funds were laundered through the US banking system and then held in bank accounts in Jersey in the name of Doraville Properties Corporation, a BVI company, and in the name of the son of the former Head of State of Nigeria, General Sani Abacha.

In 2014 a U.S. Federal Court in Washington DC forfeited the money as property involved in the illicit laundering of the proceeds of corruption arising in Nigeria during the period from 1993 to 1998 when General Abacha was Head of State.

This case is a result of extensive co-operation between the Jersey authorities, the Money Laundering and Asset Recovery Section of the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with crucial assistance from other governments around the world.

At the time the case was filed as part of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Kleptocracy Asset Recovery Initiative in 2013, it was the largest U.S. kleptocracy forfeiture action ever commenced.

In 2014 the Attorney General of Jersey applied for, and was granted, a Property Restraint Order over the Jersey bank account balance of Doraville.

This was challenged in the Royal Court of Jersey and Court of Appeal, and an application for permission to appeal to the Privy Council by Doraville was refused. France and the United Kingdom restrained additional funds at U.S. request.

General Abacha and his associates stole and laundered many hundreds of millions of dollars of public money during his military regime, doing vast harm to the futures of Nigerians.

The monies were laundered by his family, including his sons Ibrahim and Mohammed, and a number of close associates.

The laundering operation extended to the United States and European jurisdictions such as the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and Luxembourg.

In 2018, Governments of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, United States of America and the Bailiwick of Jersey commenced the negotiation of the procedures for the repatriation, transfer, disposition and management of the assets.

The tripartite agreement signed this week represents a major watershed in international cooperation in asset recovery and repatriation, and will provide benefit to people throughout Nigeria.

The projects on which the funds will be expended will be administered by the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority and independently audited.

The Federal Republic of Nigeria will establish a Monitoring Team to oversee the implementation of the projects and to report regularly on progress.

The Nigerian government, in consultation with the other Parties, will also engage Civil Society Organisations, who have expertise in substantial infrastructure projects, civil engineering, anti-corruption compliance, anti-human trafficking compliance, and procurement to provide additional monitoring and oversight.

https://punchng.com/breaking-us-nigeria-sign-agreement-on-abacha-loot-return/

IF ONLY ABACHA HAS ALL THIS MONEY IN EUROPE AND USA.

THE QUESTION IS HOW MUCH DO THOSE THAT SERVE UNEDR HIM HAVE.

HOW MUCH WILL OTHER MILITARY HEAD OF STATE HAVE.

REMEMBER, HAD ABACHA NOT DIED IN OFFICE, AND HANDED OVER SUCCESSFULLY, WE WOULD NEVER KNOW OF ALL THISE MONEY.

SEEMS LIKE OVER 20 YEARS NOW, ALL NIGERIA GOVERNMENT BEEN TRYING TO DO IS REPATRIATE ABACHA LOOT.

20 YEARS RECOVERING JUST ONE MAN LOOT AND ALWAYS IN BILLIONS AND HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

3 Likes

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
pazienza:

Your myopia has never allowed you to see clearly.
You are probably pleased now because you think I am on your anti Eri/Nri agenda, when in truth, I am not.
I am and have always been pro Igbo. And I see all parts of Igboland as a branch of the Igbo trunk.
I have always stood against elevation of any Igbo branch as the Igbo root, because I always knew that doing so would deny us the opportunity of ever finding our common root.

You are the one who have refused to outgrow your clannish sentiments. You have for a decade proved impervious to the truth, always in haste to advance your clannish fantasies. You are not different from the Eri/Nri propagandists you malign. You are both cut from the same cloth.
Look at how you have insisted on writing your Ngwa with non conventional Igbo writing style (Onwu alphabets), making it impossible for you to communicate with the rest of us.

You're putting words in my mouth, Pazienza. You should have learned after all these years to take my statements at face value. When I say I commend you on something, then I commend you on that something. It's as simple as that. You still have a lot of work left to do, so we can end this "Igbo/not Igbo" conversation and actually focus on some good for the SE. So, don't for a second assume that I believe you and I are now are now allies/friends or whatever just because of this modicum of development. We are not. You have simply grown a little is all that I am saying. Take it at face value. Attempting to derive anything else from that simple statement is in effect YOU putting words in my mouth.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
Interesting.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.