Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,219 members, 7,887,588 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:00 AM

. - Politics (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (596174 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Wow! You just redeemed my hope for the city! What's the story of Nnaji's Geometric Power project? It's hard to get news out of Abia
don't think many peeps from aba are on nairaland.Geometric is teaming up with a chinese consortium ,ruyi group to activate their plant in osisioma and build two more around the new city.Ruyi group signed an mou with geometric (in china)for an equity stake in their plants-it also helps that geometric already has the license and acquired land for those plants .Ruyi group is also the pilot tenant for the new city with some private universities also coming on board.you can get some more facts about the group online-the lunch date for the city is around december.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:34am On Aug 25, 2018
eduj:

I can confirm that cinstruction is ongoing at the project site (opposite ariaria main gate).The problem is that EEDC has taken them to court just as happened with geometric oower

EEDC is the enemy within. It is the enemy of Igbo progress. The saddest part about this is that it is owned by an igbo man, Emeka Offor. He is a big disgrace and one of the biggest obstacle to our ambitions to industrialize.

Anytime an Igbo person builds a power plant or tries to build one, he gets into a fight with them to stop them. He did it with Barth Nnaji and now he is also doing it to Ariaria traders who took the initiative to provide their own electricity.

Someone should tell that greedy bastard to retrace his steps.

2 Likes

Re: . by xcrew20: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2018
horsepower101:

Actually, a lot of south east Igbos have moved into port Harcourt massively over the years and established so many successful ventures. Basically, they have gotten back 10 times of what they lost during the war. So many new developments and houses in port Harcourt is actually owned by SE Igbos. The ikwerre people are beginning to realize that their hostilities in the past didn't really give them any advantage over the rest of the Igbos. They are far much more tolerant today because of it.
I know Port Harcourt like the back of my hand. I can tell you that Ikwerre people are one of the most accommodating tribes in Nigeria.
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:03am On Aug 25, 2018
I was busy throughout last night. i respond to this later today with more mind blowing classifieds info.

OreMI22:

Oga,

Whether in the eyes or nose of Buhari, Enugu is a local airport, you just confirmed to me that Ethiopian airline flies into Enugu using some of the biggest and most modern aircraft's in the world.

All the time I flew into Enugu. It was a boeing 787 dreamliner. The same plane that will fly you to Los Angeles or Chicago if you fly ETHIOPIAN from Addis Ababa to Chicago or Newark.

Nigeria is a laughing stock in the aviation world because they equip airports in the desert such as Katsina or Sokoto while leaving airports like Enugu and PH which have growth potential. Unless the FG is prepared to pay foreign airlines to land in Katsina, making the terminal of gold or paving the runway with diamond changes nothing.

PASSENGER volume is what makes an airport viable not glass buildings. So all those white elephant airports in Katsina, Sokoto etc, remain empty testimony to Nigeria's tragic mismanagement, while Enugu and others abandoned tell the story of Nigeria's poor infrastructure. Even if Buhari abandon AIIA, Enugu for the rest of his life. It changes nothing. The so called "Air Nigeria" they want to use to serve northern airports will still fail because nobody will fly in those coffins they won't maintain due to toxic Nigerian politics. If they ask private companies to manage Air Nigeria, then the companies will go to southern airports.

I applaud Ndigbo for their determination to support their own. We all know the wicked plans of the present regime us to return the SE into stone age thru violence and neglect. As in everything they do, they will still fail.

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:05am On Aug 25, 2018
What's this one yapping about?

nnamdijonathan:

Jacob Zuma, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Akofo Ado all flew into Imo state directly from their countries because Owerri airport is an international airport. If Owerri airport is an international airport, why then do you think that Enugu airport is a local airport?
Re: . by xcrew20: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2018
selemempe:
u said the truth. To the sad extent that enugu is now being said to be more beautiful than ph. We cant even talk of security. Nightlife in ph has almost died because of killings. Infrastructure in ph is fast decaying...only a shadow of its former glory. And this was the richest city of the old eastern region.

The ikwerres should ask the igbos for forgiveness and come to the table to discuss how to move forward as one. Most igbos would rather go to lagos and establish than come to ph. Its really sad.

As for amechi bcoming president on an igbo ticket....lol...i wish him well. If he becomes president on igbo ticket then the ikwerres wont say again that they are not igbos
Port Harcourt is ever vibrant. When last did you visit? Don't speak base on hearsay or sentiment. And as for Ikwerres, how many have you encountered in real life to determine their views and orientation towards life. Amaechi has always been pro-Igbo right from time, so I don't see the reason why guys should take this blackmail that will definitely backfire.
Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:10am On Aug 25, 2018
Your last paragraph is not accommodating. IGBOSON is the same as XANDER, and he is from Rivers State. Take note bro

pazienza:

Exactly.
PH pictures and discussions are not needed here.

Also, PH has no direct access to Atlantic without passing through Rivers/Water bodies controlled by Ijaws.

So, I don't really see What game changing factor, PH adds to greater Igboland.
PH port would face same challenge as Obuaku port.
If I were to choose one, Obuaku would be the obvious one.
PH is the new Jerusalem, and should Nigeria cease to exist , the Ijaws and Ikwerres would have to share the city in peace or live in pieces. I'd rather we stay off PH and allow them sort themselves out.
The Ijaws are cornering the entire SS coastline from Edo(Gelegele) to Akwa Ibom (Ibeno/Eastern Obolo) and are up against bitter minorities neighbors who lay claim to these territories from Gelegele, through Warri to Eastern Obolo. The Ijaws are spread too thin and have neither the number nor wherewhithal to maintain these territories.

Ndiigbo need a sea access and we have the numbers, strategic thinking suggests that we stay off Ijaw/Ikwerre issues to keep our options open. Ikwerres have proven to be no more brother to us than the Ijaws are, they are just our neighbors, the better we start viewing them that way, the better for us.

It's often the case that groups, Ikwerres inclusive put their group aspirations first, even if it's injurious to Ndiigbo. It's time Ndiigbo learnt to do same. ie puting Igbo interest first and foremost, even if it means another group suffers. No friends in survival, only Allies and foes.
Let me not say more here.

Aba is a also a city with better future sustainability than PH, it has-been allowed to rot by cursed and inept leadership Abia State has been under, from 1999 to date, with no end to the rape of that Great Enyimba city in sight.

How about we discuss more of Aba here and none of PH?
Can we do that?

1 Like

Re: . by Asianguy(m): 8:11am On Aug 25, 2018
xcrew20:

Port Harcourt is ever vibrant. When last did you visit? Don't speak base on hearsay or sentiment. And as for Ikwerres, how many have you encountered in real life to determine their views and orientation towards life. Amaechi has always been pro-Igbo right from time, so I don't see the reason why guys should take this blackmail that will definitely backfire.
Why do ikwerres have 'r and ru' before every name or word.
Re: . by xcrew20: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2018
hammer6F:

Igbo dont need that property back but they require a signal for them to have confidence to invest in Port Harcourt again.

I have bought land in port Harcourt and resold it becos my dad said so.

It is better for them to clear one area and hand it to Eastern Govs to distribute to Igbos free as compensation for their properties taken from them after the war.

They need to do something for there to be healing.
You must be hallucinating. The one they did prior to the war, you handed over to the Ijaws. Why can't you guys just contain your emotion and discuss reasonably? This is not how to build bridges and foster unity. Ali Igbo Development forum is working hard to unite all Igbo group, including the Ikwerres, allow them to complete their work. Throwing up emotional comments will only end up drawing bad blood.
Re: . by xcrew20: 8:20am On Aug 25, 2018
Asianguy:

Why do ikwerres have 'r and ru' before every name or word.
Which part of Igboland are you from? Do you have your dialect or tongue that is indigenous to you?
The "R" and others in Ikwerre tongue is nothing but their dialect and way of pronunciation.
Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2018
BeijinDossier:
Your last paragraph is not accommodating. IGBOSON is the same as XANDER, and he from Rivers State. Take note bro

He is from Ndoni or so.
We are talking Ikwerre here.

Where is Ezepromoe sef.
Use to be the only Ikwerre voice of reason here.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 8:27am On Aug 25, 2018
xcrew20:

Many of us have lived in PH before. Anyone who lives or lived in PH already knows Ikwerre orientation towards life, especially as regards to their identity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 8:35am On Aug 25, 2018
Look at your last paragraph in that comment. You said we should discuss less of PH. Though someone from Ndoni in Rivers state is not different from someone from Ogbaru/Onitsha in Anambra state but they are still part of Rivers-Igbo of which people like Peter Odili belong to. I think that explained why most of them from that end schooled in Anambra, just like Odili that attended CKC, Onitsha.

Ezepromoe has not been seen for sometime now.

pazienza:

He is from Ndoni or so.
We are talking Ikwerre here.

Where is Ezepromoe sef.
Use to be the only Ikwerre voice of reason here.

1 Like

Re: . by BrownRoofRep: 8:53am On Aug 25, 2018
xcrew20:

I know Port Harcourt like the back of my hand. I can tell you that Ikwerre people are one of the most accommodating tribes in Nigeria.
Accommodating indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by xcrew20: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2018
pazienza:

Many of us have lived in PH before. Anyone who lives or lived in PH already knows Ikwerre orientation towards life, especially as regards to their identity.
I can authoritatively tell you that their current view is changing, to more of pro-Igbo.

1 Like

Re: . by BrownRoofRep: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2018
lmo1stson:
Upper-Iweka.
Wow! What a beauty. Is this a drone capture?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mightguy(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2018
BrownRoofRep:
Accommodating indeed!
what about ogba people. Very hostile
Re: . by xcrew20: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2018
@pazianza, this piece was written by an Ikwerre guy on Facebook:

if we are from Benin like my brethren insinuate please list ten Benin names we ikwerre people bear and I will counter it with a thousand Igbo names we bear. If you are a pro in ihuruohna custom and tradition mention what we use as amen when libating if not iseeeh or oweeeh. What do we call our village heads and chief if not Eze why not oba. We carry wine to our husband as sign of the man I chose for marriage like the Igbo's why not like the Benin's. We use similar items for kolaring our guest like the Igbo's why not like the benins. We eat similar food farm alike. Why the falsehood I disagree with this Benin's tales by moonlight story cause we don't look like them and can't be them mbok okini abeg man know thy self. #IHURUOHNA WAKE UP.

4 Likes

Re: . by Asianguy(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2018
lmo1stson:
Upper-Iweka yesterday evening.
They should have covered those gutters nah.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2018
xcrew20:

I can authoritatively tell you that their current view is changing, to more of pro-Igbo.

Guy I know this might be unpopular opinion but you are right. They are beginning to change to more pro igbo but honestly a lot more needs to be done.

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2018
lmo1stson:

I just love how clean the city roads are. The Sanitation/Environment ministry is doing a great job.

4 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2018
mightguy:
azimini u mean ndoki?..
Yes Ndoki Igbo
Re: . by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

WIKIPEDIA kwa? grin grin grin

Bia, this is a respectable forum. Stop posting Wikipedia things here.

You should have cited the page so i will change the data myself and post it here.

Mind you, i know SE is the most urbanized region in Nigeria. But Wikipedia isn't a credible source. Did you even notice that Nsukka and Osogbo are bigger than Aba? grin grin grin grin

You should know that much if you graduated from any university in Nigeria. My yoruba friend in school wrote everything about every Yoruba town there. I'm sure he wrote a few about Igbo, but didn't want to offend me by telling me. Please stop citing wikipedia in a respectable forum like this. You probably wrote some of that data.

Then how do we make foreigners know the truth about Igbo land because Wikipedia tends to be the major source of information about any city globally.

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2018
horsepower101:

EEDC is the enemy within. It is the enemy of Igbo progress. The saddest part about this is that it is owned by an igbo man, Emeka Offor. He is a big disgrace and one of the biggest obstacle to our ambitions to industrialize.

Anytime an Igbo person builds a power plant or tries to build one, he gets into a fight with them to stop them. He did it with Barth Nnaji and now he is also doing it to Ariaria traders who took the initiative to provide their own electricity.

Someone should tell that greedy bastard to retrace his steps.

The guy is turning out to be a liability to Ndigbo!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2018
lmo1stson:

Looks like Ojota in Lagos around Gani Fawemi and MKO Abiola gardens. What this place needs are sidewalks and trees to improve its beauty

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2018
Xander85:

The guy is turning out to be a liability to Ndigbo!

Honestly there are certain generation of greedy igbo businessmen/politicians that just need to die off. How can you be that greedy to the detriment of your people's progress. It just f**king sad and frustrating..

2 Likes

Re: . by BrownRoofRep: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2018
mightguy:
what about ogba people. Very hostile
Both Ikwerre and Ogba people are hyper hostile to anything Igbo. Ikwerre people very hostile to Igbos only. Forget these few face saving posts here but I agree, Amaechi has always being a pro Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: . by mightguy(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2018
The most hostile people in Rivers is ogba. They don't sell land to hinterland igbo
Re: . by hammer6F: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2018
xcrew20:

You must be hallucinating. The one they did prior to the war, you handed over to the Ijaws. Why can't you guys just contain your emotion and discuss reasonably? This is not how to build bridges and foster unity. Ali Igbo Development forum is working hard to unite all Igbo group, including the Ikwerres, allow them to complete their work. Throwing up emotional comments will only end up drawing bad blood.

Wat is this one saying?

Ur not making sense bro...
Re: . by mightguy(m): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2018
BrownRoofRep:

Both Ikwerre and Ogba people are hyper hostile to anything Igbo. Ikwerre people very hostile to Igbos only. Forget these few face saving posts here but I agree, Amaechi has always being a pro Igbo.
true facts but am still watching that Amaechi in 3d

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.