Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,816 members, 7,898,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32554 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2010
All the comments here, whether harsh or gentle, am sure, are all borne out of concern.

Since chiejik said the job she offered is no longer feasible, I actually expect a change of direction.

Actually Aisha was spearheading the whole efforts before, but I guess she has some personal issues on her hand too.

@Menek.

Ultimately, no one will build your life for you, the best you can get (even from your parents) is a push for a good start.

I will not advice you to go with any idea that is not in line with your passion, you most likely will fail.

You have a passion for drug sales. Do the feasibility/estimates on this and lets have the whole figure, for you to start small

Get in touch with those who have promised you some financial assistance and tell them about the change of plan.

Go and do this and lets have the estimates, this is what people are waiting for. Enough of your uncle and family story. LOOK FORWARD and GET TO WORK.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by femmy2010(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
Menek,
OAM4J has said it all.you have a passion for something.look deep into it and tell NL what you need to set things up.
Doing that singular thing would show that now you are ready to hold your destiny in your own hands and cease to allow any UNCLE be your pointer or Alpha and Omega.
I started fending for myself from age 16,going from Imo state to kwara state,and all just to give my self a good today that would breed a most sweeter tomorrow.
I lost 2 Admission to study law twice all because of inadequate or should i say lack of funding.BUT i never allowed that to draw me back.
You have the most important thing,A good health and be sure all others would follow.
One thing i have gotten to understand is that we all FAIL at one point in our lives but the ability to see it as one of these things that help propel us towards attaining greatness is what keep us going.
What you need now is Draw a realistic and VERY plan of what you want and let our brothers and sisters on Nairaland Help out.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2010
All right, @OAJM4 i was only trying to shift attention to something that the start up will fall within the limit of what i have now. I will get u posted. I want to start the survey from my LGA headquarter. Town might be expensive a little. It will grow.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by femmy2010(m): 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2010
Do not look at staring too big as it might take forever to set things up.
Start small and grow from there and i am sure you will make it and do definitely repay the goodness repose on you by co-Nairalanders
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2010
menek:

All right, @OAJM4 i was only trying to shift attention to something that the start up will match or fall withing the limited of what i have now but i will get u posted. I want to do the survey from my LGA headquarter town might be expensive a little. It will grow.

Good! Do that and keep us posted. Nothing is also wrong in having 2 options and then seek for advice. But you must be passionate about what ever you seek to do.

Remember most big businesses you see today started small.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2010
I can't believe you guys are still on this!

After all this time isn't it obvious the guy's problem is a personal one

While you all are cracking your brains, thinking of ways to 'help' him, he's busy drafting heart-wrenching cries for help to soothe and pacify y'all! At the end of the day wat do you guys acheive?

When I said he should work on himself, people said I was being heartless.

People everyday have passed through worse conditions and found a way to survive. This guy got 40k free and what has he acheived with it? Recharge his phone to come to NL to beg for more help?

Mtcheeeeeeew! Abeg make una talk another thing jor! tongue
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 9:59am On Jun 25, 2010
^^^^^madam email me abeg
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2010
a
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2010
Alright guys. . . there's a plan on ground so what do y'all say?

I'm game! Who else?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:45am On Jul 03, 2010
count me in
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2010
It is ok Menek!

@ all

I just wish to appeal to everyone, it is about time we rest this thread. For all that pledged to support Menek and those who who had it in mind to help him, please call him and forward whatever you promised/can. I know there is a fear of him not being genuine because there are many Nigerians who have abused such privileges in the past, but i will plead that we give him a benefit of doubt and do it as unto God/humanity, if he is not genuine (which i doubt) then let him be left to God.

I still wish Aisha could coordinate this, but as it is, it looks like Aisha's hands are full at the moment cos she has not been frequent on NL of recent, therefore, the only option left is to get in touch with menek directly. let's just do it.

All he needs now is just between N150k and N200K. Please assist him.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 03, 2010
Good call. His plan looks reasonable.

I am pledging another US $200 that he should be receiving within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks to all those who will join into this rescue operation.

God Bless,

TheCongo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by femmy2010(m): 12:55pm On Jul 03, 2010
God Bless us all and give us the strength and will to help a brother.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 03, 2010
Sorry I have not been on my best game recently but i guess we can all chip in our bit to make his business sucessful
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 11:30pm On Jul 03, 2010
aisha2:

Sorry I have not been on my best game recently but i guess we can all chip in our bit to make his business sucessful

Sorry about that. Will you still be able to receive all the contributions and send to Menek?

I'll contribute N50,000. I'll send it to you next week but if you can't receive funds then I'll send to him directly. Please send me your account details. Thanks

r231, how far?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:22am On Jul 04, 2010
will add N20K to that so who are we sending this money to?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 12:33am On Jul 04, 2010
We're waiting for Aisha to reply. If she can't then we'll have to send directly to Menek.

Thanks a lot r231.

So roughly we have N100,000. Hopefully others will make up the rest. Many thanks guys smiley
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:36am On Jul 04, 2010
cool. . . .
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by OAM4J: 1:02am On Jul 04, 2010
Good one radiant and R231. shall be sending mine too.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 04, 2010
Thank you , Thank you , Thank you all , May the Lord bless each and everyone of us , I am sure we will reach the amount targeted to help our brother get on his feet.

TheCongo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2010
I'm so grateful, aisha2 can i suggest? Since u base in abuja, i guess u might know someone in PH that u trust and believe will not lie. Link me to him. I will take him round, let him see the progress of things and give u feed back before releasing the fund. I am on my kneels prayin for u all. God wil definitely solve your dificulties too.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2010
Yes, i agree with menek, since he will ot be coming to Abj anymore, there is no need for the money to be sent through me. I know someoe in PH, I will ask him to meet you or you meet him. I will send my own cotribution too
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2010
Oki. . .

So, I guess we all send our contributions to Menek directly. Menek, please paste your account details and full name and city for international transfer.
If we can say how much we're sending then that will let us know how much we've contributed so far and the outstanding money. If you don't want to say your amount and send directly to Menek then Menek you'll have to confirm how much you've received so that people won't feel cheated.

Many thanks guys! smiley
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2010
@radiant is it save. I have come to realise that this life is not easy. Anybody that help u to become something in life be very grateful to him/her. And so i wil ever be grateful to u all. Is like u are my small God under the sun
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2010
City: Port-Harcourt
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
I dont think he should paste his account number here, spam boot wont even allow it. He can send it to our mail box
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2010
People outside of Nigeria can still use Western Union for money transfer. It works and also it may be cheaper than bank transfer.

TheCongo
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by menek(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
I felt someone want to hear from me. Hopefully, good news are coming.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2010
Hey people,
                     thanks a lot for sticking to your guns to help Menek. Please I'm sure we can all make his dream come true. Some people have promised to contribute when he talked about moving to Abuja if he got a job. Please guys can we still fulfill that promise though for a business purpose this time . It's still Menek we're helping  smiley No matter the amount it will help a great deal and God will not forget our labour of love. smiley
We don't know him personally but I'm sure we can still work together to help him.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:24am On Jul 08, 2010
what happened to that job opportunity anyway?

just asking
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Radiant(f): 12:30am On Jul 08, 2010
Read Chiejik's post on the previous page.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by r231(m): 12:34am On Jul 08, 2010
oh ok thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / South African Dad Throws His Baby To Prevent His Building From Being Demolished / Curcumcision Of Female Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.