Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,118 members, 7,973,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:07 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (164746 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 4:50am On May 16, 2018
Nna....see nama!

Ogbeni me think say u be gentleman with this ya polished and intellectual responses but im beginning to see you are wickedt. grin

Omo, come see packaging! This Ogbeni metpahysical na bokoharam. grin grin

I dey come....i must add swaga to this revelation. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:10am On May 16, 2018
MetaPhysical:
I went into Nairaland archives to review debates on Ife-Benin heirarchy and surprised about two findings.

1. There are tons of aged threads and shows this issue has been going on for long time. I gave up the review at a point.

2. In everyone of them that I saw and scanned through, without a single exception, fatigued by the barrage of assaults and verbal attacks, Yorubas backed out and left the threads giving Edos the last word.

This particular thread is different. Yorubas are on the assault and tenacious. Im sure Edos are shocked at the unexpected doggedness of the Yorubas on this thread. It's out of character for the Oduduwas to go this long in a verbal turf battle...but they are. I see the Edos showing fatigue on this thread. This goes to truth of the saying that Yorubas are laid back and quick to yield even when they stand on truth, however they can be unpredictable, when they charge forward...they come out for total demolition.

Your statement confirms you don't understand what you are talking about. This also confirms your lack of honnesty. A debate is not a battle , it is a work on both sides to grasp the truth. The aim is not to dupe the other side. You are supposed to accept proof when you see one. You are supposed to bow to logics. All you have proved here is that you are a troll.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:23am On May 16, 2018
prolog2:
Your statement confirms you don't understand what you are talking about. This also confirms your lack of honnesty. A debate is not a battle , it is a work on both sides to grasp the truth. The aim is not to dupe the other side. You are supposed to accept proof when you see one. You are supposed to bow to logics. All you have proved here is that you are a troll.

Is this how you will find ekaladheran? angry

Where is the fugitive?
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:25am On May 16, 2018
The Conquerors from Ife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:28am On May 16, 2018
The builders of Bini civilization.

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:31am On May 16, 2018
The foreigners from Ife.
The root of the 1st and 2nd dynasties of rulers of Edoland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:32am On May 16, 2018
The Edo HOAX
An Ekaladheran without root

2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 5:32am On May 16, 2018
The footprint of Imperial Sovereingty

1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 7:46am On May 16, 2018
davidnazee:

If Midwest was fully armed the biafran army would not be able to enter the region.
It was the Nigerian army led by the Fulani general buhari and ogbemudia that liberated the region.
Yoruba no get levels.

who were the foot soldiers Yoruba teenagers as young as 16 year old liberated you cowards
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 7:57am On May 16, 2018
prolog2:

You people are not ready to hear the truth ....
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 1:32pm On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
for the shameless edo who believe na only dem own bead. Yoruba even produce bead and other African group. And gregyboy this is another pix I found online about a Yoruba Queen look at her neck too.
Awesome!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Nna....see nama!

Ogbeni me think say u be gentleman with this ya polished and intellectual responses but im beginning to see you are wickedt. grin

Omo, come see packaging! This Ogbeni metpahysical na bokoharam. grin grin

I dey come....i must add swaga to this revelation. grin
“Badder than the baddest".... I can't stop laughing, BabaRamota1980!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:
Awesome!

Gangs of lies
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 2:27pm On May 16, 2018
Obalufon:

who were the foot soldiers Yoruba teenagers as young as 16 year old liberated you cowards

Very funny. The only renowned cowards in Nigeria are yorubas. Don’t try to deny ur traits...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:42pm On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Forget about my foolishness and face the issue.

Defend how foreign names creeped into your monarchy.

Where is Ekaladheran?

.. He birthed the whole yoruba race what a great man....bow to edo everywhere we go we establish a duke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

When we are done with your guys here you will begin to doubt your Edo roots. You need to go ahead and register a BiniNation before someone else gets it. grin grin

We are going to separate the Bini from the Edo and demystify your hoax called Ekaladherwn.

If you cant find Ekaladheran...your entire Edo story falls apart.

You must explain with placements and history where he is. Im not letting any of youu off the hook till you locate the fugitive.

And we probably to the same to ife history state our son meant people in ife this means those people didnt originate from oduduwa linage ..but the rest did so would probably take all to edo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Which Bini army? Where was this army when Biafra conquered and ruled over Edo?

Foolish question where was your people when benin conqured half of the yoruba race r when the british treating all your rulers abi when the female dahomey warriors raped your men dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 5:58pm On May 16, 2018
Obalufon:
ibo masquerading as edo here.. ...Yoruba are warring people we fought more wars than any tribe in Nigeria fighting runs in the blood we even fought ourselves to the extent of giving tribal marks for identification in Yoruba land .. our street boys have the highest battle scar in the street how many ibo or edo even dreaded Hausa boys dey get cutlass or dagger wound on a daily basis.. i pray war shouldn't broke out is going to be a total genocide...... during the civil war Yoruba has the highest enlistment into the army ..we freed edo from the shackles of Ojukwu army led by a Yoruba man victor banjo...Fulani dey kill your people in edo state you are doing nothing about it ,crying for help from the federal government , Even in the east too..Fulani dare not try it in Ibadan or core Yoruba state . Ekiti dealt with them

Hahaha laffing in edo language.... You freed edos from biafra hahaha your head needs to be cut for ogun ...for this your lies i believe benin was not even aware biafra approached thier territory ...when they got to know they ment evil ogbemudia and his men gave ojukwu a humilting beating of his life ...i bet if it was d benin army they biafrans fought with i bet they will eliminate the full eastern state and show no mercy ...

Yoruba is a joke history formed in the 19c by paper by awolowo and his co member is that history ...no account of thier lifes were documented .but they sold the highest slaves during the slave raid what a race

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:13pm On May 16, 2018
Obalufon:

stop adverting primitive art you can't compare it with ife art

Hahaha....i dont believe u said this.... Again haha
Ife art my foot the ife found in the early 19c was sold to the british and olukun head was given to the British as gratitude for colonising them ....yaribas are ever cunny the east desise yuo the south despise you the north pretends to love you and to crown it all you all desise each other what an easy race to break apart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2018
prolog2:
And I suppose you were there to witness what you alledge ?
I guess the people of Benin Kingdom were thinking (700 years ago) about how to fake precolonial maps so that when nigeria would be created, some Edo would be able to show those maps on nairaland.
I also guess the traders and the map experts who came to establish trade routes and gather as much information as possible thought it were best to have blind trust on people whom they didn't even know and with whom conversation was difficult.

Yeah just throw away proof by the wave of a hand and then provide a fake map to buttress your fake claims.
Just take a look at your laughable map it is supposed to be showing the borders more than 200000 years ago ! ?
How old is your silly map (I bet the guy who made it is still alive).

Why must yoruba cover themselves with ridicule all the time ?
History is not for 419.

I have just noticed that your map was made with a computer.
The irony: you try to rubbish authentic maps and then you proceed to replace them with fake maps which are more in accordance with your claims and beliefs. This is the yoruba attitude, you live in a fantastic world. You believe you can rewrite the passt by just refusing the truth and making up your own "truth".

Ha...igbise nuen ..youre very smart you tatckle all part and parcel of thier lies i thought i was the only smart guy around dealing with them...oba gha to kpere ....ise

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:34pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:
What primitive Art?

Confusion btw the yorubas haha...
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2018
davidnazee:

Another piece copied from the research work of a Yoruba Scholar:

"Every town or village under him (Ewi) except Ijan were prepared to fight…The Benin soldiers stormed Igbara-Odo and Ilawe and took them. At this time, Ado town had been vacated. Aroloye took the people to a place called Oke Oko Axis between Ifaki and Iworoko. Most of the gods Ado worshipped on that side: Olua at Eyio, Obanifon at Esure and Are, Ogbese and Orisala at Iworoko. The soldiers pitched their camps near Uyin (Iyin)…Ogbesi Okun, the then Oluyin …was conquered and killed. They proceeded to Igede, Awo and Esure and took them. The inhabitants of Igede then uder Okiribiti were driven in a north-easternly direction to a place called Oke Asha…Edo troops then marched to Iworoko…The soldiers entered Are…The same fate befell Afao. They were all taken to Ikere. The soldiers moved to Igbemo …entered Igbo-Omoba (now Ilu-Omoba)…The soldiers left Aisegba for Agbado and without delay took it and evacuated the people. Agbado was the last place under the Ewi. With the conquest, of Agbado, the soldiers seemed to have finished their job…

‘Ewi Idagunmodo (1696-1710), Ewi Okinbaloye Aritawekun (1710-1722), Ewi Amono Ola (1722-1762), Ewi Afunbiowo (1762-1781), Ewi Akulojuorun (1781-1808), Ewi Aroloye (1808-1836) who reigned at Ado but were attacked successively by Benin hordes…‘During the reign of Ewi Aroloye, Ado-Ewi’s kingdom witnessed massive dislocation across the terrain as town dwellers and villagers ran for safety in different directions. Many of the captives from Iworoko, Are, Afao, Ugboomoba (now Ilumoba) and Agbado were taken to Ukere by Benin invaders

…the rapid expansion of Ado brought it into conflict with Benin, another power with imperialistic designs in Ekiti. Responding to the invitation by Ado’s neighbouring states who had become unduly alarmed by the consolidation and excesses of the Ewi’s power, Benin army invaded and subjugated Ado in addition to overrunning most of the other Ekiti states some of whose ruling dynasties, as in Ikere, were replaced…’’"’

With these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned in Yoruba land?.... grin
davidnazee:

Another piece copied from the research work of a Yoruba Scholar:

"Every town or village under him (Ewi) except Ijan were prepared to fight…The Benin soldiers stormed Igbara-Odo and Ilawe and took them. At this time, Ado town had been vacated. Aroloye took the people to a place called Oke Oko Axis between Ifaki and Iworoko. Most of the gods Ado worshipped on that side: Olua at Eyio, Obanifon at Esure and Are, Ogbese and Orisala at Iworoko. The soldiers pitched their camps near Uyin (Iyin)…Ogbesi Okun, the then Oluyin …was conquered and killed. They proceeded to Igede, Awo and Esure and took them. The inhabitants of Igede then uder Okiribiti were driven in a north-easternly direction to a place called Oke Asha…Edo troops then marched to Iworoko…The soldiers entered Are…The same fate befell Afao. They were all taken to Ikere. The soldiers moved to Igbemo …entered Igbo-Omoba (now Ilu-Omoba)…The soldiers left Aisegba for Agbado and without delay took it and evacuated the people. Agbado was the last place under the Ewi. With the conquest, of Agbado, the soldiers seemed to have finished their job…

‘Ewi Idagunmodo (1696-1710), Ewi Okinbaloye Aritawekun (1710-1722), Ewi Amono Ola (1722-1762), Ewi Afunbiowo (1762-1781), Ewi Akulojuorun (1781-1808), Ewi Aroloye (1808-1836) who reigned at Ado but were attacked successively by Benin hordes…‘During the reign of Ewi Aroloye, Ado-Ewi’s kingdom witnessed massive dislocation across the terrain as town dwellers and villagers ran for safety in different directions. Many of the captives from Iworoko, Are, Afao, Ugboomoba (now Ilumoba) and Agbado were taken to Ukere by Benin invaders

…the rapid expansion of Ado brought it into conflict with Benin, another power with imperialistic designs in Ekiti. Responding to the invitation by Ado’s neighbouring states who had become unduly alarmed by the consolidation and excesses of the Ewi’s power, Benin army invaded and subjugated Ado in addition to overrunning most of the other Ekiti states some of whose ruling dynasties, as in Ikere, were replaced…’’"’

With these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned in Yoruba land?....
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:51pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:
With these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned?.... ;DWith these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned?....
if u will reply to people here do not let it be davidnaze the guy is so funny in the claim he makes, him and gregyboy said Benin conquered Yoruba land all the way to ijebu and some part of Ibadan. My goodness it’s ibadan and ijebu for god sake so u can’t help but laugh at this ridiculous claims
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:57pm On May 16, 2018
gregyboy:

Hahaha....i dont believe u said this.... Again haha
Ife art my foot the ife found in the early 19c was sold to the british and olukun head was given to the British as gratitude for colonising them ....yaribas are ever cunny the east desise yuo the south despise you the north pretends to love you and to crown it all you all desise each other what an easy race to break apart
Benin art was taken by the British in the same 19c when they bombarded ur city so what are u talking about or can u point me to anytime before the 19c when any Benin art was in england. What is the name of the person that sold the ife art to British and please provide source for it. And as for people hating Yoruba I guess u have been sleeping before this is Nigeria nigga everybody fucking hate each other so why should yoruba cry about hatred when we hate them too lol.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:28pm On May 16, 2018
prolog2:
take ur own advice if a debate is for both side to grasp the truth why the verbal attack and assault.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Preciouzword: 7:47pm On May 16, 2018
It's Mother's Month people. Kindly follow the link below. Drop a comment in the comment box letting us know how you adore your mom and the sacrifices she's made for you. It is worth testifying about. Do it for mom today.
https://momsall.com/mothers-day-mothers-month-celebrating-mothers/
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 9:13pm On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
if u will reply to people here do not let it be davidnaze the guy is so funny in the claim he makes, him and gregyboy said Benin conquered Yoruba land all the way to ijebu and some part of Ibadan. My goodness it’s ibadan and ijebu for god sake so u can’t help but laugh at this ridiculous claims

here is a copied post from the research work done by a Yoruba elder statesman, reputable and intelligent Yoruba scholar. He clearly states that Benin Kingdom is not Yoruba and was never Yoruba and he also describes Benin dominance and rule over Owo kingdom and Yoruba lands.

""Using a combination of oral traditions and written sources, this work reconstructs the history of a tropical African kingdom, the frontier Yoruba kingdom of Owo in southwestern Nigeria, from about the 12th century to the middle of the 20th century. One of a number of kingdoms springing up in this forest country in about the 11th and 12th centuries, Owo developed as a typical Yoruba kingdom, with a system of limited monarchy and careful balances of the interests of society. However, Owo was the closest Yoruba kingdom to another kingdom that was not Yoruba, that had a significantly different political system characterized by nearly complete monarchical absolutism.
Inevitably, Owo developed relationships with that kingdom, the strong, expansionist Benin kingdom of the Edo people - in trade, culture, etc. Owo seems to have grown slowly until it came under pressure of this much stronger neighbor. Benin’s ownership of coastal territory had positioned her to benefit from the coastal trade with Europeans beginning from the last years of the 15th century. Wealth from the trade and the acquisition of imported weapons of war (European guns), transformed Benin into a formidable adversary to her neighbors. Unable to match Benin’s military power, Owo strove for independent survival by entering into creative commercial and political arrangements with Benin. Over time, Owo-Benin relations attained a certain stability featuring much cultural interaction, friendly trade in each other’s domain, and traders from both kingdoms’ trading side by side far into the interior. Politically, Owo began to be impacted by the Benin system, thereby creating a long history of conflict and instability in the internal politics of the Owo kingdom. In spite of such, however, Owo continued to prosper economically. Owo also developed excellent diplomatic skills that preserved her independence and prevented frequent wars with Benin. Owo’s economic prosperity spurred cultural growth and revival, making Owo a great cultural center in Yorubaland. Although Owo’s political life never fully recovered from the disruptions imported by her contacts with Benin, Owo never ceased to be a prosperous independent kingdom. The same trends continued under the British and have continued in the context of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Ryder and Bradbury only mentioned Owo in passing in their works. Ryder says that Owo was part of the Benin Empire that extended to eastern Yorubaland in the 15th century and Bradbury says that Benin conquered Owo, one of the Yoruba states and that Owo was intermittently part of the Benin Empire before the 19th century.
For example, Bradbury has emphasized the Benin factor in the history of precolonial eastern Yorubaland. He explains this in terms of the expansionist program of Benin and its impact on the surrounding polities, including Owo. According to Bradbury: ‘It is impossible at the present time to determine the extent of the Benin empire at any particular period in the past; the frontiers were continually expanding and contracting as new conquests were made and as vassals on the borders rebelled and were conquered....
On the northeast, Akure, the Ekiti country, Owo and much of what is now Owo Division were, though intermittently, tributary to Benin; the re-conquest of this area was attempted, with some success during the early part of the 19th century. It appears from the Edo traditions that Edo influence in this area dates back to the late 16th century.’
the Benin armies extended their conquests beyond the Edo regions, subjugating many towns and villages of Ekiti, Ikare, Afenmai and the western Ibo, among them the important towns of Owo andAkure.’ 85 Akintoye complements Bradbury and Ryder by looking at the imperial activities of Benin in eastern Yorubaland: how Benin succeeded in establishing her rule or dominance in the area, how she treated the subject peoples and how she was overthrown by the coming of the British in 1897

Akintoye has dwelt more extensively on some aspects of the precolonial history of Owo, particularly her relationship with the Benin kingdom than any other scholar.
According to him, Benin had an overwhelming political, economic and cultural control over Owo until 1897. He says, without any qualifications, that
‘.. .Owo appears to have been very closely controlled from Benin.’ 89 Akintoye gives his reason for Benin’s total control of Owo by saying that this ‘... was probably due partly to Owo’s comparative nearness to Benin and her location along the main routes.’
He adds that in practical terms ‘...The Olowo (i.e. the traditional ruler of Owo) sent tributes to Benin annually through a resident official and the Owo people had to pay to the Oba of Benin obeisance customarily due to an oba. For instance, in most parts of the Yoruba country any hunter who killed a tiger or leopard had to give it up to his oba. In Owo, any hunter who killed either of these animals had to carry it to the Oba of Benin.’ Akintoye adds that ‘Owo was made to surrender its princes as hostages in the Benin court. Many Owo rulers therefore had Benin education and were responsible for introducing Benin culture to Owo. This is why Owo shows much stronger evidence of Benin cultural influence, especially in palace ritual and manners, than other towns in the area under study.’""

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 9:21pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:
With these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned in Yoruba land?.... ;DWith these your ambiguous lies.What's the exact footprint that Edo lay? I have never seen such lies as these but then it is in some Edo's blood to lie online........At least ,logic must prevail here because every part in Edoland that Bini Army marched,Bini duke was put on the throne. Why didn't Bini put her Duke on each place you mentioned in Yoruba land?....

You Yourubas can continue to lie and spread false accounts.. it doesn't matter.. Everyone and including your scholars and historians know Benin ruled over Yoruba and greatly influenced your culture and lifestyles.. only your language survived, but in "character and culture, eastern yoruba is more Edo than Yoruba.." those are the words of your renowned yoruba scholars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 9:58pm On May 16, 2018
davidnazee:

You Yourubas can continue to lie and spread false accounts.. it doesn't matter.. Everyone and including your scholars and historians know Benin ruled over Yoruba and greatly influenced your culture and lifestyles.. only your language survived, but in "character and culture, eastern yoruba is more Edo than Yoruba.." those are the words of your renowned yoruba scholars.
I am not interested in opinion. Give evidence to buttress your point. If Ghanaian history,which Ashanti was very prominent mentioned Oyo,as a fearful force that defeated them,what is Bini in the eyes of history? Get thee behind me. As long as Western part of Nigeria is concerned, Yorubas remained, the reason for Edo civilization...

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:40pm On May 16, 2018
Moneywomen17:
Benin art was taken by the British in the same 19c when they bombarded ur city so what are u talking about or can u point me to anytime before the 19c when any Benin art was in england. What is the name of the person that sold the ife art to British and please provide source for it. And as for people hating Yoruba I guess u have been sleeping before this is Nigeria nigga everybody fucking hate each other so why should yoruba cry about hatred when we hate them too lol.

Lol...getting intresting...before i point to you on that first show me the people who sold your fellow brother's into slavery then i will show who sold the ife head .it disgust me when yorubas claim we learnt art from them ...and only art made by them was burst particularly face nd neck alone with similar pattern both in face and design you can hardly distinguish one from another ...and they want to link it a gliurious art like benin which were made of wood made of bronze that shows full figured humans. insanity in that kind of comparism...nevertheless our art was taking in 1897 urs was dugged up during construction site in 1940 and sold to the britsh while most were giving as gratitude same way all your kings sold thier lands for a penny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:
I am not interested in opinion. Give evidence to buttress your point. If Ghanaian history,which Ashanti was very prominent mentioned Oyo,as a fearful force that defeated them,what is Bini in the eyes of history? Get thee behind me. As long as Western part of Nigeria is concerned, Yorubas remained, the reason for Edo civilization...

A son birthed his father how does that make sense...benin kingdom grew largely influenced half the yoruba pop ...it woukd have gone boyound d eastern yorubas to the west if not for colonization our influenced on the french made dahomey to be renamed benin wuth the oba approval .u claim a kingdom who the female warrior raped your men to death in war took ur people captive the fa people of dahimey ...rescued back thier village from ur village empire
No influence is seen on the people you said you colonise so how do want me to believe so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2018
Olu317:

As influential as your kingdom his it was not even seen by the europeans ..it was shoen that europeans visited Ghana nd dahomey if truely you conquer this people or even influence them i bet the Europeans would have located oyo but it wasnt so y

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (123) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.