Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,374 members, 7,929,172 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? (3244 Views)

The Igbos And Yorubas Should Live With This Truth: / Nigeria Is Holding Igbos Back- Ekweremadu / "Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Bede2u(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2018
Any time there is a Nigerian getting international recognition, chances are that they will be either Igbo or Yoruba 90% of the time. Any country that Nigerians are doing fine, you will see that the Nigerians there are always majorly Igbo or Yoruba. Meanwhile these are just two (2) out of the 250 tribes of Nigeria. Check the high-flying super eagles players....they are Igbos or Yorubas. Check the Nollywood, the music scene, the arts scene, the comedy scene, the literature scene. Check check check, you will see that I'm right. Even on Nairaland, these 2 tribes dominate.

Now if you are a student of current affairs, you will agree that Ghana will become a 'developed' country by 2030 with the current pace of things. We all know that individually, the Igbo and Yoruba tribes have got more population and more international achievers than Ghana.

Do you suppose that these 2 tribes would not fare better on their own without Nigeria?

Mynd44 pls push to front page...I want to see what Nigerians think about the Igbos and Yorubas as a people.

7 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by PenlsCaP: 5:29pm On May 04, 2018
Holding Igbo's down? Yes!!
Holding Yoruba's down? .I'm not sure.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by enemybulldozer(m): 5:32pm On May 04, 2018
PenlsCaP:
Holding Igbo's down? Yes!!
Holding Yoruba's down? .I'm not sure.
Correct!!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Banmeallday: 5:35pm On May 04, 2018
This is an obvious answer and that is one is YES!!! Many Igbo and Yoruba want to be on their own like they were prior to the Nigger Area project colonizers created.

BUT, Yoruba leaders have opted to remain in the Nigger Area to loot, and today, Igbo leaders have joined them. It is so bad that even down to the street level especially those Igbo in Lagos, they are lost as to who they even are, and are happy to hear Davido trippin for Chioma abi Nkechi....

SHame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfZEY3R6Io

6 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Bede2u(m): 5:38pm On May 04, 2018
Banmeallday:
This is an obvious answer and that is one is YES!!! Many Igbo and Yoruba want to be on their own like they were prior to the Nigger Area project colonizers created.

BUT, Yoruba leaders have opted to remain in the Nigger Area to loot, and today, Igbo leaders have joined them. It is so bad that even down to the street level especially those Igbo in Lagos, they are lost as to who they even are, and are happy to hear Davido trippin for Chioma abi Nkechi....

SHame

True. Igbos in Lagos are lost. They think they are yorubas now. Na them sabi sha

7 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by debaj10: 5:44pm On May 04, 2018
Bede2u:
Any time there is a Nigerian getting international recognition, chances are that they will be either Igbo or Yoruba 90% of the time. Any country that Nigerians are doing fine, you will see that the Nigerians there are always majorly Igbo or Yoruba. Meanwhile these are just two (2) out of the 250 tribes of Nigeria. Check the high-flying super eagles players....they are Igbos or Yorubas. Check the Nollywood, the music scene, the arts scene, the comedy scene, the literature scene. Check check check, you will see that I'm right. Even on Nairaland, these 2 tribes dominate.

Now if you are a student of current affairs, you will agree that Ghana will become a 'developed' country by 2030 with the current pace of things. We all know that individually, the Igbo and Yoruba tribes have got more population and more international achievers than Ghana.

Do you suppose that these 2 tribes would not fare better on their own without Nigeria?

Mynd44 pls push to front page...I want to see what Nigerians think about the Igbos and Yorubas as a people.
start with 'how', remove the '?' and list.
work done.
Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by orisa37: 6:43pm On May 04, 2018
Yes.
The Fulanis, using the present Commander in Chiefs and hiding behind him will pull the South down till there is no more Oil and all Nigeria money is diverted North through CBN, JAIZ and First Bank plc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by CodeTemplar: 7:09pm On May 04, 2018
Nothing is on merit in Naigerya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Reelectbuhari: 7:17pm On May 04, 2018
Bede2u:

adding yoruba there is utter rubbish,.....

pls op remove yoruba so that this thread will be productive.....

a slave is already been held down so I don't know what u mean by holding yoruba down....coz dey are already down....

Igbos are the ones been held down in this country

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Reelectbuhari: 7:18pm On May 04, 2018
Bede2u remove yoruba from that heading....
Remove it....

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by EazyMoh(m): 7:25pm On May 04, 2018
Tell that to Azikiwe and Ironsi the number one one-Nigerianists who never wanted the country divided.
We the north never wanted the same country with you people. If not for the initial regional government we would never agree to be in this corrupt arrangements with you vindictive people.

7 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by madridguy(m): 7:41pm On May 04, 2018
Tell them oo

EazyMoh:
Tell that to Azikiwe and Ironsi the number one one-Nigerianists who never wanted the country divided.
We the north never wanted the same country with you people. If not for the initial regional government we would never agree to be in this corrupt arrangements with you vindictive people.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by mpianya39(m): 7:43pm On May 04, 2018
How can you compared or even plan to edit hydraulic soup with almighty biafrans angry angry

Bia enyi odika Ichoro ka lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Xander85: 7:43pm On May 04, 2018
EazyMoh:

Well in fairness to Zik and Awo, the Nigeria of today: the present status-quo; the unitary system of gov't we operate today where everything is owned and controlled from Abuja....they never signed up for any of this! Check the Nigerian constitution we had on the morning of our so called independence to find out the Nigeria they both signed up for!

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Xander85: 7:52pm On May 04, 2018
Nigeria is definitely holding these two ethnic groups down!

At our current pace of development vis-a-vis that of Ghana, and given the evil, wickedness, bloodshed, mediocrity, nepotism, winner-takes-all type of politics, hatred, suspicion, bigotry and bad-belle...given all this, i predict little Ghana will has surpassed us in development and happiness in ten years time and that we'll never be able to catch up with them again!

Having said that, it does look like even i have more faith in the Yoruba being able to go it alone than they have in themselves! The Igbo youth have realised the hopelessness of the Nigerian situation, but i can't say the same for a section of their elite (ie, the political class and those living and brought up in Lagos)!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by naijaking1: 7:54pm On May 04, 2018
The answer is yes, but the Yoruba muslims wouldn't agree.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Xander85: 8:11pm On May 04, 2018
If Nigeria were to break up today, the country will first break up into many fragments, but within a few months (or a year max) ethnic groups will start to coalesce around four or five major ethnic groups or regions: The Igbo, The Yoruba, The Middle-Belt, Arewa (core muslim north) and the Niger Delta. How quickly this is done will depend on how quickly the divergent ethnic groups can agree on the articles of association that would form the basis of their new constitution.

If the Yoruba and Igbo (together with those that may have elected to join them) don't come together to be part of a new country, i can assure you that within ten to fifteen years, their countries would have the largest and fastest growing economies in Africa! Why do i say so i hear you ask? Well, i can sum the reason up in two words 'healthy competition'! These two, given the depth of their human and natural resources will leave the rest for dust (including Arewa) as they try to outdo one another! You can now begin to better appreciate why the core northern muslims are terrified of anything that'll break up Nigeria, and why they no want take ear hear anything IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu! shocked

9 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by nku5: 8:19pm On May 04, 2018
See Eastern region economic map in the 1950s. Just imagine the possibilities. Yes Nigeria is holding Igbos down

9 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by dreamwords: 8:35pm On May 04, 2018
Yoruba Muslim vultures are the problem with Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Bede2u(m): 8:39pm On May 04, 2018
Xander85:
If Nigeria were to break up today, the country will first break up into many fragments, but within a few months (or a year max) ethnic groups will start to coalesce around four or five major ethnic groups or regions: The Igbo, The Yoruba, The Middle-Belt, Arewa (core muslim north) and the Niger Delta. How quickly this is done will depend on how quickly the divergent ethnic groups can agree on the articles of association that would form the basis of their new constitution.

If the Yoruba and Igbo (together with those that may have elected to join them) don't come together to be part of a new country, i can assure you that within ten to fifteen years, their countries would have the largest and fastest growing economies in Africa! Why do i say so i hear you ask? Well, i can sum the reason up in two words 'healthy competition'! These two, given the depth of their human and natural resources will leave the rest for dust (including Arewa) as they try to outdo one another! You can now begin to better appreciate why the core northern muslims are terrified of anything that'll break up Nigeria, and why they no want take ear hear anything IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu! shocked
u are correct i believe...wats ur region?

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by EazyMoh(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2018
Xander85:

Well in fairness to Zik and Awo, the Nigeria of today: the present status-quo; the unitary system of gov't we operate today where everything is owned and controlled from Abuja....they never signed up for any of this! Check the Nigerian constitution we had on the morning of our so called independence to find out the Nigeria they both signed up for!
Why can't you be fair to northerners too in general since none of us signed for the status quo either?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Bede2u(m): 8:50pm On May 04, 2018
EazyMoh:
this old narrative again? Ok what changed? Why arent u guys currently championing to break away. The Niger delta, oduduwa and Biafra folks are all championing seperation or restructure. Why has the north refused to be part of any of this?

Ironsi, ironsi? Did ironsi create the 1979 constitution that the country is currently running. Did ironsi tamper with the 1963 constitution? Or are u saying that military decrees are carried over to civil constitutions? Oh yeah? So how come the decree banning press freedoms are not in 1979/1999 constitutions?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by PenlsCaP: 8:56pm On May 04, 2018
Banmeallday:

SHame

True bro!! I need to talk to u privately..

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by EazyMoh(m): 9:29pm On May 04, 2018
Xander85:

Nobody is terrified of Nigeria's break up. In fact people like me would do anything to see it happen soon.
People like Ebonyi state governor are the ones terrified by anything that has to do with Nigeria's break up and have been waiting about it.
stop deceiving yourself more than 30 states depend on FG to survive so stop deceiving yourself they are all northern.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by EazyMoh(m): 9:38pm On May 04, 2018
Bede2u:
this old narrative again? Ok what changed? Why arent u guys currently championing to break away. The Niger delta, oduduwa and Biafra folks are all championing seperation or restructure. Why has the north refused to be part of any of this?

Ironsi, ironsi? Did ironsi create the 1979 constitution that the country is currently running. Did ironsi tamper with the 1963 constitution? Or are u saying that military decrees are carried over to civil constitutions? Oh yeah? So how come the decree banning press freedoms are not in 1979/1999 constitutions?
Story Story! Nobody is championing any sh¡t! NONE of your legislators have ever even attempted to sponsor a bill to amend the constitution with regards to break up or phantom restructuring. Yet all you enjoy to do is sit down and write epistles blaming people you term ignorant and backward. How Ironic.

5 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 04, 2018
Bede2u:

nooo..our problems runs more deeper than that
Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 04, 2018
Reelectbuhari:
Bede2u remove yoruba from that heading....

Remove it....
and if he remove it, will it make you feed better in the morning... stop being a tribalist, isn't worth it

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Reelectbuhari: 9:53pm On May 04, 2018
EazyMoh:

Nobody is terrified of Nigeria's break up. In fact people like me would do anything to see it happen soon.
People like Ebonyi state governor are the ones terrified by anything that has to do with Nigeria's break up and have been waiting about it.
stop deceiving yourself more than 30 states depend on FG to survive so stop deceiving yourself they are all northern.

and the FG depends on sucking Niger delta oil to dryness

just try and get sense

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 04, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

I will be very much okay my dear.....and feed better in the morning.....

these guys called yorubas are not worth associating with.....
being good or bad is not a matter of ethnicity...its either you are good or bad as an individual... for what is worth, you probably have yoruba friends in real life...

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by owbabs: 10:17pm On May 04, 2018
Nigeria is not holding the rulers down. When they chose to develop Nigeria that's when Nigeria rises.
Re: Is Nigeria Holding Igbos And Yorubas Down? by oooduancalmdown: 11:35pm On May 04, 2018
Reelectbuhari:

I will be very much okay my dear.....and feed better in the morning.....
these guys called yorubas are not worth associating with.....
Who want to associate with your dirty ibotic ass?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Okowa Congratulates Muslims, Urges Prayers For Leaders / PHOTO: See How Saraki Give Atiku A Go-ahead On Vote Buying / Ghana Overtakes Nigeria In Foreign Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.