Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,589 members, 7,937,669 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share (832 Views)

Which Is Better Pls / Have U Ever Dated Your Coursemates,pls Share Your Experience / Chubby Ladies On Nairaland,pls Share Your Love Life Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by Lacrissa: 3:41pm On May 20, 2010
Please would like to hear stories, experiences of some of you that have or know people that took breaks in their relationships and came back and it worked. Share.
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by SALady(f): 3:47pm On May 20, 2010
Sory I dont have the answer you want to hear. But he is back after two years and its the same old crap even after the longest of talks (mind plural) we had. I've even graduated to mommy the one thing I've been avoiding. Silly me I love him
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by 28Schweet(f): 4:01pm On May 20, 2010
angry then cry

you didn't specify how long the break was for, i mean 1 month, 3 months, 10 years, 5 years, just to add my unwarranted advice, if you take a break because of 'issues' chances are those issues are still going to be there when you get back together because you never worked on them,

also, if you are not married to the guy, why would you want to wait for him if he isn't waiting for you, what happens if he goes out there, gets aids and then decides you were truly the woman for him and in your arms he'd like to die,

i was once where you are, after three months I realised, he's taking care of him, i better take care of me, and now man wants me back because he realises that I can still live and breathe and be loved without him,
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by SALady(f): 4:04pm On May 20, 2010
28Schweet:

angry then cry

you didn't specify how long the break was for, i mean 1 month, 3 months, 10 years, 5 years, just to add my unwarranted advice, if you take a break because of 'issues' chances are those issues are still going to be there when you get back together because you never worked on them,

also, if you are not married to the guy, why would you want to wait for him if he isn't waiting for you, what happens if he goes out there, gets aids and then decides you were truly the woman for him and in your arms he'd like to die,

i was once where you are, after three months I realised, he's taking care of him, i better take care of me, and now man wants me back because he realises that I can still live and breathe and be loved without him,

@ Poster listen to the above advise, dont do what I am doing bad really bad
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by indie22(f): 4:11pm On May 20, 2010
Done that "taking a break thing"and trust me in most cases its not worth it, coz that/ those same thing/s that made you guys take in a break in the first place, will still be there when you guys resume from your break,
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by Lacrissa: 4:20pm On May 20, 2010
SA Lady:

Sory I dont have the answer you want to hear. But he is back after two years and its the same old crap even after the longest of talks (mind plural) we had. I've even graduated to mommy the one thing I've been avoiding. Silly me I love him

2 years?? shocked That's a very long time to wait. I don't think I can even wait for a year except of course if he is the one God has for me. And the mommy thing, are you said you got pregnant and have a child for him?

28Schweet:

angry then cry

That's how I feel too. The essence of a break but like you all have said. I would start moving on with my life though he would still keep in touch.
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by 190: 4:23pm On May 20, 2010
gbam~
dont take a break
It never works
instead talk abt it
and pray abt it~
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by Faher(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2010
I thought people only say I need a break when they actually want to break up?
Relationships have no breaks, It's an everyday affair.
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by tolutara: 4:59pm On May 20, 2010
Yes, We took a break for about 4 months. He needed time to figure out what he wanted out of the relationship. BTW we dated 3 years. it was fine with me cos i needed the break too.
However we were still friends, keep open lines of communication but did not hang out together. We both hated it and reliased we were happier being together , it helped us put the relationship in perspective.

When we decided to get back together, he did it with a marriage proposal. That was 5 years ago. Breaks are not bad, it depends on the mature minds of both people involved.

@poster, he is telling you he needs room to think and i think you should let him. in the meanwhile, you should do some soul-searching as well. You might actually not want him back.
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by SALady(f): 8:07am On May 21, 2010
Lacrissa:

2 years?? shocked That's a very long time to wait. I don't think I can even wait for a year except of course if he is the one God has for me. And the mommy thing, are you said you got pregnant and have a child for him?

That's how I feel too. The essence of a break but like you all have said. I would start moving on with my life though he would still keep in touch.

Noooo! Not pregnant, Its him I am mothing since he is such a big baby. I tried dating in between the two years there's been none like him. Its his sense of honesty I appreciate. I always know what the mumu is up to before he even starts it and what he is going to say before he even opens his mouth. Its in his eyes. I am always on to him always 2 steps ahead of him and he is fun like that.
Re: Has Any Of You Taken A Break And Come Back For The Better? Pls Share by Nobody: 9:49am On May 21, 2010
yes i took a break from a longtime r/ship cos i felt the guy didnt know my worth and i was tired of waiting for him to value me like i wanted.3mnths later he is doing all the things i had to beg him to do and he is still there just waiting for me to come back but no i didnt go back the break helped me figure out where i wnted to be and it was without him.it can go anyway u just cnt tell which way.

(1) (Reply)

Getting An Exciting Life After A Break Up / Your Lovers Behaviors You Detest So Much? / Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.