Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,982 members, 7,896,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:15 AM

University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination (1161 Views)

LASU student goes berserk as her ex brings home another girl. / Woman’s Hot Pants Confuse Police Who Think She’s Walking Unclad In England / Married Woman & Lover Die Unclad In Car While Having Sex In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by EmagNig(m): 3:01pm On May 10, 2018
A female University student at the Cornell University New, York has gone naked in protest against oppressive beliefs and discrimination.

Senior Letitia Chai, after stripping down to her bra and underwear in the class then delivered her honours thesis.

At least two dozen of the students also undressed in solidarity.

Chai removed all her clothes except for her undergarments during her “Acting in Public” presentation Saturday as a demonstration against her professor, Rebekah Maggor, who questioned her attire during her talk about refugee relocation.

“When I got up to start, my professor said: ‘Is that really what you would wear?”

“Your shorts are too short.”

Chai, who said she was filled with “rage and disbelief” after the incident, took to her Facebook to write about the confrontation.

She recalled wearing a “long-sleeve blue button-down shirt and denim cut-offs,” which she alleges her professor told her was “inviting the male gaze away from the content of my presentation and onto my body.

“An international male student agreed with the professor.”

Chai said Maggor tried to justify her question by explaining she was addressing her from the point of view of a concerned mother, to which Chai replied, that her mom “is a Feminist, Gender, Sexuality Studies professor” who would’ve been proud of her for her outfit.

In the class syllabus, students’ “dress” is one of the course requirements.

​“For your performances, dress appropriately for the persona you will present,” the syllabus reads, “For example, how would you dress for a specific job interview?

“How would you dress when introducing a famous speaker at a particular conference? How would you dress to give a speech at a protest rally?”

The students in the class, while still supporting Chai, wrote a joint letter defending the professor’s comments, but nevertheless the faculty will undergo “training in diversity, equity, and inclusion” as a result of the exchange, according to an email Chai posted on Monday.

https://lailasnews.com/man-alleges-that-his-wife-sends-nudes-to-a-certain-bank-manager/

lalasticlala

Re: University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by swiz123(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2018
I can't seem to find her brezz....
Re: University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 10, 2018
I support Ms. Chai.
I also volunteer myself to join her in protest!

I know its dangerous but her cause is right so I will put myself in the way of harm & join her achieve her aim.
Never again will they exploit her!! angry

I look forward to our rehearsals behind closed doors before we finally protest in public.
Everythin' has to be perfect...
Re: University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by hisgrace090: 3:54pm On May 10, 2018
Say no to all forms of discrimination.
Re: University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 10, 2018
I didn't read joor. If it was Nigerian girl that went unclad I will read it.
Re: University Student Goes Unclad In Class Over Discrimination by saintvc(m): 5:34pm On May 10, 2018
she is not naked, it us covered. wanted to see exposed melons

(1) (Reply)

Confession : How My Uncle Friend F++ked Me In Our Parlor / Why Are Ladies Like This? / I Think “love” Is A Overhyped Bullshit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.