Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,420 members, 7,891,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex (1337 Views)

How Long Does It Take My Virginity To Close Back.. / What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Discussion Time With Chi-chi: How Long Does Cex Really Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Caspery: 8:14pm On May 23, 2010
Hi Nlranders,

How long does it really take to get over an EX. This is someone that you truly loved so dearly and made your stomach churn just at the thought of him or her. You built your world around him or her, thought it would turn out be 'a happily ever-after ending'. sad sad. But somehow along the line, you either realized you weren't meant for each other, or due to growing-apart, or a cheating partner, or for whatever reasons that you had to let that other half go.

If you have recently or in the past had a break-up with an EX( whether you were the breaker or breakee), did it take weeks, months or years? Please share your experience.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nenum1(m): 8:26pm On May 23, 2010
If is sumone u really love and u guyz shared alot together, then u dnt ever get over dem
u jus move on, cuz dey wud alwayz be part of ur memory n history and you can't totally ever erase dat.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Shola2009(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2010
Atmost 1 minute. We don't cry over spilled sour milk!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Faher(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2010
uhm, a few minutes, max. cheesy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by MissyB1(m): 10:01pm On May 23, 2010
Depends on who the Ex is.

- You forget some even before they take the title 'Ex'
- You need days, weeks, months etc before You forget some
- You let some go [for whatever reason] and they still find their way into Your thoughts
almost everytime and when this happens, You smile and bless the time You spent together. You might not wish to go back but You'D just be glad You once had them.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Sauron1: 10:04pm On May 23, 2010
Caspery:

Hi Nlranders,

How long does it really take to get over an EX. This is someone that you truly loved so dearly and made your stomach churn just at the thought of him or her. You built your world around him or her, thought it would turn out be 'a happily ever-after ending'. sad sad. But somehow along the line, you either realized you weren't meant for each other, or due to growing-apart, or a cheating partner, or for whatever reasons that you had to let that other half go.

If you have recently or in the past had a break-up with an EX( whether you were the breaker or breakee), did it take weeks, months or years? Please share your experience.

Almost immediately!!!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nenum1(m): 10:05pm On May 23, 2010
Missy B:

Depends on who the Ex is.

- You forget some even before they take the title 'Ex'
- You need days, weeks, months etc before You forget some
- You let some go [for whatever reason] and they still find their way into Your thoughts
almost everytime and when this happens, You smile and bless the time You spent together. You might not wish to go back but You'D just be glad You once had them.

i was beginning to wonder. nice one
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by MissyB1(m): 10:06pm On May 23, 2010
Nenum1:

i was beginging to wonder. nice one
Wonder wettin? cheesy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nenum1(m): 10:08pm On May 23, 2010
if i was d only one dat truly loves n cherish (me n mi ex's still have a wonderful relationship, esp those who are married)
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by MissyB1(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2010
Seen!
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by mamagee3(f): 10:12pm On May 23, 2010
It takes 58 seconds for me. tongue
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nenum1(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2010
mama-gee:

Dats a NL record. (the post is not about every Ex but cherished Ex)
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Sauron1: 10:15pm On May 23, 2010
mama-gee:

Mama-gee, it takes 3 years for you.
U almost killed yourself when Taiye Taiwo left you.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by mamagee3(f): 10:17pm On May 23, 2010
^^WTF! Taiye Taiwo? shocked shocked shocked

Nah, I don't date guys like that!

I date sexy guys.
cheesy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by 912(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2010
I'll explain it mathematically: simply multiply the number of months it too you before you fell in love with them by the number of days you were in love with them. That's how long it will take. NB: your answer should be in months.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Faher(m): 10:17pm On May 23, 2010
~Sauron~:

Mama-gee, it takes 3 years for you.
U almost killed yourself when Taiye Taiwo left you.

lmbao grin grin grin Taiye Taiwo?

What if it had been Will Smith, she would be dead, abi? cheesy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Sauron1: 10:19pm On May 23, 2010
mama-gee:

^^WTF! Taiye Taiwo? shocked shocked shocked

Nah, I don't date guys like that!

I date sexy guys.
cheesy

Sexy men like Taribo West?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by mamagee3(f): 10:22pm On May 23, 2010
^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*Mama-gee collapses*
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Faher(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2010
9-11:

I'll explain it mathematically: simply multiply the number of months it too you before you fell in love with them by the number of days you were in love with them. That's how long it will take. NB: your answer should be in months.

Guy, you're a bad-assss mathematician cheesy

Mine would be 1/80000 of a month times (100 days). Which gives 1/800 of a month and is the same as a 'few minutes' as I stated above. Correct guy grin
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by ebonyz: 10:45pm On May 23, 2010
it depends on how much you love/d the person and some ex u just dont over them, you move on like someone said.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nenum1(m): 10:52pm On May 23, 2010
ebonyz:

it depends on how much you love/d the person and some ex u just dont over them, you move on like someone said.

guess u were reffering to

Nenum1:

If is sumone u really love and u guyz shared alot together, then u dnt ever get over dem
u jus move on, cuz dey wud alwayz be part of your memory n history and you can't totally ever erase dat.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 23, 2010
Depends on how emotionally attached you were to your ex, the basis behind your breaking up and you currently regard to the opposite sex
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by pikadily(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2010
Caspery:

Hi Nlranders,

I got over my ex in exactly 3 months 8 days and 4 hours.The girl is shege though,she fine too much. cheesy
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Pweety4me(f): 12:59am On May 24, 2010
We call some pple an 'ex' just 4 d sake of respect?but they never really meant anyfin. undecided

It depends on how much they meant 2 u in d first place & what really happened during the relationship & wat was d actual cause of d break-up i think.
smiley
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nobody: 9:01am On May 24, 2010
Trying to forget and get over someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. There is no definite time on how long you can get over them. Letting go is a learning process that you have to deal with and at the end it will prove your strenght afterall. smiley
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Nobody: 9:09am On May 24, 2010
there is no timeframe.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by sylve11: 9:43am On May 24, 2010
@poster, it's a matter of choice cool
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by 190: 9:46am On May 24, 2010
mama-gee:

^^ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

*Mama-gee collapses*
190 revives mama-gee
dont worry i wud be there 4 u~

Laff out loud~
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Remii(m): 9:55am On May 24, 2010
it depends how it happened, why it happened, what you have put in, especially, emotionally and how valuable the relationship was to you. Timewise, it could take from "immediately" to "forever" to get over the experience, lol
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Caspery: 10:23am On May 24, 2010
pikadily:

I got over my ex in exactly 3 months 8 days and 4 hours.The girl is shege though,she fine too much. cheesy

But do you at least subconsciously think about her once in while or did you just erase her out of your mind completely?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by member479760: 10:26am On May 24, 2010
If one shot would be considered as a relationship then it takes less than one minute to forget.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over An Ex by Madukaele(m): 10:35am On May 24, 2010
@poster 40days and 40 nights cool cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should He/she Take Their Deceased Partner Photo Down? / Should Seducing Men By Women Be Considered The Same As Men Raping Women? / Voting In Romance Section Is Unfree And Unfair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.