Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,476 members, 7,901,332 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:38 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (2671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1779387 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) ... (4270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enugurangers:

Not too different from how the US sold Saudis equipment, and same equipment were being used to hurt the weaker Yemenis. If Taliban hurt Afghans, well they are the same people and they should enjoy their Islamic rule.

If 9/11 was so easy to recreate, then Isis, Iran, and other Islamic countries that hate the US e.t.c would have recreated it. Goodluck to anyone or country trying that again though. They might not live to see the outcome of whatever action they take.

What you said about Yemen does not make sense.

With the incompetent potato in the white house and the Critical race generals in the Pentagon, I bet if the Taliban or Iran carry out a terror attack you guys and the democrats will be blaming maga and proud boys. Like they can't even plan evacuation or gather intelligence because they are busy with Russia collusion cheesy

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 8:20pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enugurangers:

Those equipment would last a few months tops. They would soon drop the small arms for their maintenance free Ak47 too.
You are absolutely correct. All those Humvees and Gunship Helicopters and the Fighter Jets cannot be fixed without American spare parts. That's where the Talibans will have their problems. We have seen that before in Vietnam and Iran after the Shah of Iran was overthrown.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
Stephanopoulos cited The Wall Street Journal’s report claiming top generals told Biden to keep 2,500 troops on the ground while they evacuated Americans and Afghan allies. Biden didn’t listen to his military advisors and Bagram Air Base was closed in early July.

“But your top military advisors warned against withdrawing on this timeline. They wanted you to keep about 2,500 troops-” Stephanopoulos said. “No they didn’t!” Biden said interrupting Stephanopoulos. “It was split. That wasn’t true. That wasn’t true.”

Stephanopoulos pressed Biden, “They didn’t tell you they wanted troops to stay?” “No, no one said that to me that I can recall,” Biden said.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Enugurangers: 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
benalvino:

What you said about Yemen does not make sense.

With the incompetent potato in the white house and the Critical race generals in the Pentagon, I bet if the Taliban or Iran carry out a terror attack you guys and the democrats will be blaming maga and proud boys. Like they can't even plan evacuation or gather intelligence because they are busy with Russia collusion cheesy
Of course, I don't expect it to make sense to you because Trump has his fingers on it too. Right?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-politics-dissident-arms-idUSKCN1MM1VF

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/25/world/middleeast/yemen-us-saudi-civilian-war.html

I don't understand the deflection in your last paragraph. I don't see how anyone would blame or compare Islamic terror attack to that of home grown terrorists/white supremacy groups like the insurrection we watched on the 6th of January or the many white supremacists we have seen in the last few years. E.g. the guy that shot people in Walmart in Arizona or maybe Texas.

Done on this thread for today.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enugurangers:

Of course, I don't expect it to make sense to you because Trump has his fingers on it too. Right?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/25/world/middleeast/yemen-us-saudi-civilian-war.html

I don't understand the deflection in your last paragraph. I don't see how anyone would blame Islamic terror attack on attacks from home terrorists/white supremacy groups like the insurrection we watched on the 6th of January or the many white supremacists we have seen in the last few years.

You are discussing with a self confessed Proud Boys lover. Don't expect anything rational from the idiot.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by edi287: 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Dummy go for a refresher course on high school English comprehension.
Why would you waste your valuable time replying that dude?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino(m): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enugurangers:

I don't understand the deflection in your last paragraph. I don't see how anyone would blame Islamic terror attack on attacks from home terrorists/white supremacy groups like the insurrection we watched on the 6th of January or the many white supremacists we have seen in the last few years.

It does not make sense because Saudi Arabia is a nation, an allied nation and the Taliban is a terrorist group.
Iran is using Yemen as a proxy to do their bidding the Saudis can buy weapons to defend themselves, they did not get those weapons for free. If the US don't sell they can still get from Russia or China.

So what you said does not make sense.

Yemen is a country different from Saudi Arabia. I don't know why you are bringing this up. Iran still has united states fighting jets that it bought from the US, today the US will not sell Iran their weapons. I am saying the US left weapons for a terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordReed(m): 8:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
edi287:

Why would you waste your valuable time replying that dude?

Lesson learned.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino(m): 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enugurangers:

I don't understand the deflection in your last paragraph. I don't see how anyone would blame or compare Islamic terror attack to that of home grown terrorists/white supremacy groups like the insurrection we watched on the 6th of January or the many white supremacists we have seen in the last few years. E.g. the guy that shot people in Walmart in Arizona or maybe Texas.

Your links too cheesy US should not sell to Saudi because they killed a journalist, then the newyork times that was silent when Obama was bombing children with drones is now concerned that Saudi Arabia is defending itself from Iran sponsored militia in Yemen? Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2021
But why Lol.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2021
Not surprised though.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
According to the U.K . Telegraph – “Joe Biden’s handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal was condemned as “catastrophic” and “shameful” on Wednesday as the Houses of Parliament delivered an unprecedented rebuke to a US president. MPs and peers from across the political spectrum, including Boris Johnson, put some blame for the Taliban’s takeover and the chaos that followed on Britain’s closest ally. Mr Biden was accused of “throwing us and everybody else to the fire” by pulling out US troops, and was called “dishonourable” for criticising Afghan forces for not having the will to fight. Former defence chiefs who led British troops in the Middle East were among those to speak out, while there were warnings that the West’s withdrawal would embolden Russia and China. […] Labour MP Chris Bryant called Mr Biden’s remarks about Afghan soldiers “some of the most shameful comments ever from an American president”. Khalid Mahmood, a Labour MP and former defence minister, said: “The Biden government have just come in and, without looking at what is happening on the ground, have taken a unilateral decision, throwing us and everybody else to the fire.”

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino(m): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
basilico:
According to the U.K .
Telegraph – “Joe
Biden’s handling of the
Afghanistan withdrawal
was condemned as
“catastrophic” and
“shameful” on Wednesday as
the Houses of Parliament
delivered an unprecedented
rebuke to a US president.
MPs and peers from across
the political spectrum,
including Boris Johnson, put
some blame for the Taliban’s
takeover and the chaos that
followed on Britain’s closest
ally.
Mr Biden was accused of
“throwing us and everybody
else to the fire” by pulling out
US troops, and was called
“dishonourable” for
criticising Afghan forces for
not having the will to fight.
Former defence chiefs who
led British troops in the
Middle East were among
those to speak out, while
there were warnings that the
West’s withdrawal
would embolden Russia and
China.
[…] Labour MP Chris Bryant
called Mr Biden’s remarks
about Afghan soldiers “some
of the most shameful
comments ever from an
American president”.
Khalid Mahmood, a Labour
MP and former defence
minister, said: “The Biden
government have just come in
and, without looking at what
is happening on the ground,
have taken a unilateral
decision, throwing us and
everybody else to the
fire.”

They miss trump
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
benalvino:

They miss trump

These idiots here are putting words in our mouths that we are happy Taliban won the war.

I don't like those jihadists. Coalition forces withdrawal is a good thing.

How Chou Bai Den went about it is the problem. History books will lay the blame on his ineptitude.
History books will be written that Joe action or inactions allowed Talibans to take over .

Leftists want Trump to take the blame.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino(m): 9:13pm On Aug 19, 2021
basilico:

These idiots here are putting words in our mouths that we are happy Taliban won the war.

I don't like those jihadists. Coalition forces withdrawal is a good thing.

How Chou Bai Den went about it is the problem. History books will lay the blame on his ineptitude.
History books will be written that Joe action or inactions allowed Talibans to take over .

Leftists want Trump to take the blame.

Lol, there usual behavior.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Goodvibes007: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
PrideofLincoln2:
I have said it here severally that these Afghanistan Jihadists and Mujahedeens also known as Talibas don't have any love for America or any other Western Nation. All they do is love the gravy train America is provoding for them via $3 Billion Aid yearly not to talk of the other Financial and Military benefits that caused American taxpayers over $2 Trillion. They believe fervently in Sharia Law and let them kill each other off if they wishes. I am very proud of President Biden pulling our troops out of that hell hole.
I am glad Biden pulled out too. There are more important things to use the money for back home. Anyone or organization or country not happy can take over from where the USA stopped. No more billions of dollars to waste. Buhari, can also send soldiers to fight the Taliban government.

So some countries are also complaining. Same countries that pulled out their forces as far back as 2014 wants America to keep sacrificing soldiers andnAmerican citizens for a country that wants it's strict Islamic laws back. The UK for example could have reinforced with their own soliders when it was obvious that US troops have started to move out. I still give Trump and Biden kudos for setting the ball rolling and taking the US out of that shithole as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
The debacle of the Afghanistan Abandonment is rippling throughout American foreign relations. In the wake of the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan, the head of South Korea’s ruling Democratic Party is now asking to gain operational control of its military, the leader of the country’s ruling Democratic Party . Approximately 28,000 American troops are on the border in the event North Korea decides to invade . The decision follows the South Korean ambassador’s harrowing escape from Afghanistan . And while National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said that Biden had no intent to withdraw troops from South Korea and Europe, I am sure many of our allies are reconsidering their approach to national strategic defense…and least while the current occupant of the White House is in charge.

“The Afghanistan crisis should be used as an opportunity to further nurture the will and ability of a strong independent defense by recovering wartime OPCON,” Rep. Song Young-gil wrote in a Wednesday Facebook post. In wartime, combined U.S. and South Korean forces would be led by the head of United States Forces Korea, currently Gen. Paul LaCamera. The administration of South Korean President Moon Jae-in has looked to accelerate the process of gaining full control over its military. “We need not only the importance of the ROK-U.S. alliance, but also an attitude of self-defense that our country will protect itself,” Song wrote. The Republic of Korea is the official name of South Korea.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by uglymods: 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Goodvibes007:

I am glad Biden pulled out too. There are more important things to use the money for back home. Anyone or organization or country not happy can take over from where the USA stopped. No more billions of dollars to waste. Buhari, can also send soldiers to fight the Taliban government.

So some countries are also complaining. Same countries that pulled out their forces as far back as 2014 wants America to keep sacrificing soldiers andnAmerican citizens for a country that wants it's strict Islamic laws back. The UK for example could have reinforced with their own soliders when it was obvious that US troops have started to move out. I still give Trump and Biden kudos for setting the ball rolling and taking the US out of that shithole as soon as possible.

Ya talk to ya Master, ya want to lick tha boot.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Goodvibes007:

What do you think about the 15-20k Americans who are in Taliban country. Some in remote areas.
Maybe they should have evacuated long before May 1st or Joe should have organized for them to be evacuated long before the Aug 31st deadline.
As if now Taliban have a huge number of hostages.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 9:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Goodvibes007:

The other countries who wants America to stay in Afghanistan forever can take over from where we left and see if they will not run their economy into bankruptcy. How many countries can afford spending $10 Billions weekly not to talk about lives that's being lost. Only America can survive spending that kind of money without bankrupting the economy but the Americana taxpayers are tired of footing the bills for a worthless and meaningless cause. Good job President Biden for pulling us out of that sewage hole.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2021
Senior Taliban leader Waheedullah Hashimi said on Thursday the group would not implement democracy in Afghanistan because Afghan culture and Islamic sharia law do not support such a political system. “There will be no democratic system at all because it does not have any base in our country. We will not discuss what type of political system we should apply in Afghanistan because it is clear. It is sharia law and that is it,” Hashimi told Reuters .
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
PrideofLincoln2:
The other countries who wants America to stay in Afghanistan forever can take over from where we left and see if they will not run their economy into bankruptcy. How many countries can afford spending $10 Billions weekly not to talk about lives that's being lost. Only America can survive spending that kind of money without bankrupting the economy but the Americana taxpayers are tired of footing the bills for a worthless and meaningless cause. Good job President Biden for pulling us out of that sewage hole.

Rep. Garamendi: “We’re going to send
American troops in the heart and into the
streets of Kabul to extract people? It
makes no sense whatsoever. We do
control the airport. We’re going to do the
very best we can and the people in Kabul
and other parts of the country are going
to have to do the very best they can to
get there. There is no way the American
military should use military force to go to
someone’s house or some building
somewhere to extract people. That will
create a very significant problem and a
very significant loss of life on both
sides… To provide safe passage from
parts of a huge city? No way—not
sensible.”
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
This idiotic jobless irritant and a conspiratorial nut known as Mr Arizona doesn't deserve an answer from me. Go and debate with your fellow Americana wannabe be experts.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2021
PrideofLincoln2:
This idiotic jobless irritant and a conspiratorial nut known as Mr Arizona doesn't deserve an answer from me. Go and debate with your fellow Americana wannabe be experts.

Arizona audit draft report to be handed to the senate friday .
To be made public next week.
I would not be surprised if a false flag terrorist attack (to distract ) is staged.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by PrideofLincoln2: 9:56pm On Aug 19, 2021
I hope these cursed loser that can't get a visa to Kenya keep his lunacy up about the rigged election in America. 2022 and 2024 is around the corner and we are going to rig again and these inconsequential idiot that can't enter the US Embassy without paying for visa fees will still be lamenting on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by obixcel(m): 10:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
Looks like the whole world is angry with sleepy Joe Biden for his shabby handling of Afghanistan, lambasting him left, right and center. Poor libtards must be having a hard time swallowing that grin
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2021
Goodvibes007:
Not surprised though.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I was right when I called them the MAGAban grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lol, Afghanistan is the new election fraud for Trumpanzees the obsession is getting too much and I just can't stop laughing at their obvious stupidity they are trying too hard grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Ibime(m): 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Benalvino3, message for you. No excuses

Dear All,
As you are aware, the surge in the COVID-19 cases in Nigeria and Rivers State in particular demands immediate effort to curtail the spread of the disease. One of such actions is ensuring all eligible persons in Rivers State are vaccinated against this dreaded disease.
You can recall that Phase 1 vaccination ended on the 8th July 2021 with only about 49,000 persons fully vaccinated (1st and 2nd dose). This is quite insignificant as a large number of persons are left unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated and are therefore vulnerable to the ravaging third wave of the COVID-19 disease.
Due to this emergency, the State has received new sets of vaccines, Moderna to be precise for the immediate commencement of Phase 2 first dose Vaccination against COVID-19 disease in Rivers State starting from *tomorrow Thursday 19th August 2021* at designated centres and from *Monday 23rd August 2021 at all the LGAs.*
The designated centres that will commence vaccination tomorrow Thursday 19th August 2021 are as follows:
1. *Rivers State University Teaching Hospital*
2. *Rivers State Ministry of Health at the Rivers State Secretariat*
3. *Rivers State Primary Health Care Management Board Sick Bay*
4. *University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital*
5. *Port Harcourt City Council Sick Bay*
6. *Obio/Akpor Council Headquarters Sick Bay*
and
7. *Government House Clinic.*
All the persons that have taken the first dose of AstraZeneca, should kindly please wait for the arrival of AstraZeneca Vaccine in the State.

All unvaccinated persons should kindly visit these vaccination sites and get vaccinated against COVID-19, please.
Please note *VACCINATION IS FREE*

Dr Inwon Joseph Urang JP
SIO
For: Ag DCHS
For: PS RSPHCMB

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kudos to president Biden for cancelling student debt for disabled people

Biden you are doing well and you will be rewarded with another term if you choose to run again cool

Haters will continue to choke tongue

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
obixcel:
Looks like the whole world is angry with sleepy Joe Biden for his shabby handling of Afghanistan, lambasting him left, right and center. Poor libtards must be having a hard time swallowing that grin

I expected supporting comments on Facebook Cnn, msnbc .Users are literally flaying Joe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2668) (2669) (2670) (2671) (2672) (2673) (2674) ... (4270) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: EnlightenedUFO, Konkoja, Ishiewo, AngelicBeing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.