Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,912 members, 7,931,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 05:51 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1843390 Views)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections -- Trump's Presidency! - NOV. 5!! / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) ... (4348) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 1:37am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
Early prediction in November.

The midterm elections will record its highest turnout in any election.

These fringe minority have no idea what they are playing with.
Fa GQP ah excite da peoples ta votes likey ah electron who ah receif da heat

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:40am On Jun 25, 2022
gambojimeta:

Isa almosts unbeliefavles dati ya ah haf pikins . Andi ya makey it ah worse, ya ah haf 3 gals. Isi likey god ah gif ya da girls ta teach ya ah lessons Ina life soons dati eferytins Isa nat always asi easy asi ABC grin

Kikikikikikiki
Women will forced to carry pregnancies of rapist, incest and life threatening pregnancies in Arkansas and Alabama and some idiots think that this will just go away.
https://twitter.com/NicoleClowneyAR/status/1540349907357167617?t=RM7EYhyEC8UuOWX76HpRBQ&s=19

This link is horrifying.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 1:41am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

The SCOTUS ruled that abortion is not a constitutional right. It is not. Its a matter for states to decide., Get over it .
I know you have cried salty tears today

Dati why I ah happy dati da GQP ah get rid ofu safe abortion Ina da red states .ifi ya kannat stap da sex, ya kannat stap da back alleys abortions

Kikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:43am On Jun 25, 2022
As the liberal justices point out the only reason these precedents were overturned is not because of any legal brilliance or constitutionality these hypocrites don't care.

It was overturned because many sat at home in 2016 and let RepubliQans win.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 1:44am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Women will forced to carry pregnancies of rapist, incest and life threatening pregnancies in Arkansas and Alabama and some idiots think that this will just go away.
https://twitter.com/NicoleClowneyAR/status/1540349907357167617?t=RM7EYhyEC8UuOWX76HpRBQ&s=19

This link is horrifying.
I ah sorry fa da women witi da ectopic pregnantcy
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:44am On Jun 25, 2022
gambojimeta:

I ah sorry fa da women witi da ectopic pregnantcy
This is tragic beyond proportions and it is so sad that these illiterates do not see the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:56am On Jun 25, 2022
The good takeaway from this unfortunate decision is that Democrats have learnt from the GQP and are channelling their funds, organising at local and state levels to ensure that Roe/Casey will be codified in the coming months or years.

This is a good sign for November believe me when I say that this issue alone can give democrats big wins. Even the polls before now have not shown a single push of any red wave Tsunami not to talk of Roe being overturned

If Democrats hold congress Clarence Thomas is on his way out fill his seat with a liberal, learn from conservatives and do something about the court that is currently losing it's legitimacy.

Justices Sotomayor, Kagan and Breyer's dissents were the only thing I read and I am glad that Kagan and Sotomayor called the court what it is. Losing it's legitimacy in the eyes of the American people.
The only thing that will save Americans is the fact that the young generation of Americans tend to support the policies of the left.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 1:58am On Jun 25, 2022
...but what are the noises I'm seeing here? The judgment is clear and simple and not against women or anyone. People shouting on the internet are being mischievous and taking advantage of others inability to be objective enough to see that the court is right on this.

I am pro choice, but let's be honest here. The supreme court did the right thing here, the constitution never covered this issue, they don't actually have the right to bring it in unless congress passes a law that they can interpret to protect abortion.

The court interprets laws, not make them.

This isn't against women but a true interpretation of what is or is not in the constitution, at least for now.

States can have theirs or the majority in congress can work a universal one for the country.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:01am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

What a clown. Who does not understand what liberty means and that every right is not explicit a in the constitution as stated under the 9th amendment. Are these partisan hacks more intelligent and insightful than the previous justices who affirmed that right.

Nobody is crying you will be the one crying in a few months when abortion becomes nationalised kiss kiss

You are the one crying that abortion has been 'banned' while all SCOTUS said was that the matter should NEVER have been decided by the court as it was not explicitly stated in the constitution But the states should legislate it. NYC, Chicago, California etc will allow abortions . Maybe even after one minute above birth.

Does a baby have a right to be born and live especially when the baby can feel pain, can kick someone and has a heartbeat?

Clarence also suggested that some of the activist rulings by the court could be reconsidered. Unless you dont believe in a god why should same sex marriages be allowed in a church. If people want to make out with each let them . They dont have to force a pastor to enjoin them. Gay people would not exist if there were no straight men.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:04am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
The good takeaway from this unfortunate decision is that Democrats have learnt from the GQP and are channelling their funds, organising at local and state levels to ensure that Roe/Casey will be codified in the coming months or years.

This is a good sign for November believe me when I say that this issue alone can give democrats big wins. Even the polls before now have not shown a single push of any red wave Tsunami not to talk of Roe being overturned

If Democrats hold congress Clarence Thomas is on his way out fill his seat with a liberal, learn from conservatives and do something about the court that is currently losing it's legitimacy.

Justices Sotomayor, Kagan and Breyer's dissents were the only thing I read and I am glad that Kagan and Sotomayor called the court what it is. Losing it's legitimacy in the eyes of the American people.
The only thing that will save Americans is the fact that the young generation of Americans tend to support the policies of the left.
November is not looking certain for both parties as we speak.

If I'm being honest, I think the Democrats are still a little behind schedule when it comes to taking over the house because the economy is not smiling. People will get over this news in a month, but the economy will always remain because that's what actually affects people directly.

I tilt towards the Democrats angles in most cases but they are not really hitting the right nails in the right places to give them a clear majority in this year's midterm.
They are also being lazy, depending on media to help them instead of doing some ground word like the Republicans.

There's still time though, let's just watch how things will unfold.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:
...but what are the noises I'm seeing here? The judgment is clear and simple and not against women or anyone. People shouting on the internet are being mischievous and taking advantage of others inability to be objective enough to see that the court is right on this.

I am pro choice, but let's be honest here. The supreme court did the right thing here, the constitution never covered this issue, they don't actually have the right to bring it in unless congress passes a law that they can interpret to protect abortion.

The court interprets laws, not make them.

This isn't against women but a true interpretation of what is or is not in the constitution, at least for now.

States can have theirs or the majority in congress can work a universal one for the country.
Yes because there is currently nowhere segregation is criminalised very soon Brown v. Board of education will be left to the states after all it is state's right to decide whether black people can live with white people.
Then they will focus on interracial marriages, contraceptives and same-sex unions after all there is nowhere in the constitution these rights were explicitly stated. Since the constitution does not cover this issue let the Supreme Court overturn them. It seems you don't know the 9th amendment,14th amendment and all. Do you see how stupid that argument sounds?
How can laws depending on your liberty be delegated state by state are you alien to issues of fundamental human rights? Have you heard about the UDHR?

Since it is a state issue what is the point of having a federal supreme Court why did they rule against New York state yesterday when historically there were no bullets when the second amendment was written?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:08am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

You are the one crying that abortion has been 'banned' while all SCOTUS said was that the matter should NEVER have been decided by the court as it was not explicitly stated in the constitution But the states should legislate it. NYC, Chicago, California etc will allow abortions . Maybe even after one minute above birth.

Does a baby have a right to be born and live especially when the baby can feel pain, can kick someone and has a heartbeat?
A foetus scientifically does not feel pain and does not breath stop arguing against science with invalid things.
Mike Pence has told us that they will ban abortion nationally when they realise that nothing will fundamentally change then this hypocritical SCOTUS will gut states rights.

Lol, I am not crying just sad for the women who will suffer temporarily as a result of this terrible decision.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:09am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

November is not looking certain for both parties as we speak.

If I'm being honest, I think the Democrats are still a little behind schedule when it comes to taking over the house because the economy is not smiling. People will get over this news in a month, but the economy will always remain because that's what actually affects people directly.

I tilt towards the Democrats angles in most cases but they are not really hitting the right nails in the right places to give them a clear majority in this year's midterm.
They are also being lazy, depending on media to help them instead of doing some ground word like the Republicans.

There's still time though, let's just watch how things will unfold.

When you get back to reality you can quote me.

It seems you have no idea what these people just did.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:10am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

A foetus scientifically does not feel pain and does not breath stop arguing against science with invalid things.
Mike Pence has told us that they will ban abortion nationally when they realise that nothing will fundamentally change then this hypocritical SCOTUS will gut states rights.

Lol, I am not crying just sad for the women who will suffer temporarily as a result of this terrible decision.

A foetus feels pain at 15 weeks. And has a heartbeat then. I cant locate an article an article where a pregnant mom was operated on and the doctors on touching the foetus saw movement at I think 15-16 moments. The foetus was responding when being pricked,
Ill post the article once I get it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:10am On Jun 25, 2022
America is already a place where the political climate has gone to the extreme. You hardly find anyone in the center these days, everyone pitching their tents at the end of each angle trying to tear the other side down.

For some years bow, if the Democrats try to make a law that can be beneficial, the Republicans will do everything to stop it even if it will help the people, likewise the Democrats to the Republicans.

Extremism everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:13am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

When you get back to reality you can quote me.

It seems you have no idea what these people just did.
Nothing was done, the supreme court did the right thing here.

Let's not be emotional here. This same supreme court will support abortion in future if the congress can make it a law.

What people should be doing is to elect officials who will make this into law instead of the noises they are encouraging online.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:14am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

A foetus feels pain at 15 weeks. And has a heartbeat then.
.That is disputed however my next question is not
Does the foetus breath?
Is breathing not a sign of life? If you are faced with a dilemma of saving a born baby and frozen eggs, zygotes, foetuses which one would you pick?.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:16am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Yes because there is currently nowhere segregation is criminalised very soon Brown v. Board of education will be left to the states after all it is state's right to decide whether black people can live with white people.
Then they will focus on interracial marriages, contraceptives and same-sex unions after all there is nowhere in the constitution these rights were explicitly stated. Since the constitution does not cover this issue let the Supreme Court overturn them. It seems you don't know the 9th amendment,14th amendment and all. Do you see how stupid that argument sounds?
How can laws depending on your liberty be delegated state by state are you alien to issues of fundamental human rights? Have you heard about the UDHR?

Since it is a state issue what is the point of having a federal supreme Court why did they rule against New York state yesterday when historically there were no bullets when the second amendment was written?

Calm down, relax and see that you are off point on this one.

What do you expect from the supreme court to make a law or interpret a law?

Sometimes let emotion be removed from certain issues.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Apart from the morality of abortion(I support abortions anyway)this is just horrible politics from the republicans,Biden was dying in the polls,with news of inflation ranging everywhere,this republican idiots just use their own hands lose election,just a few months till November their eyes I go clear.
I use to think abortion debate was 50-50 in America,but 70% of Americans support abortion ,it's fair to say this ruling is a minority ruling,and it will destroy the republican party.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:18am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

Nothing was done, the supreme court did the right thing here.

Let's not be emotional here. This same supreme court will support abortion in future if the congress can make it a law.

What people should be doing is to elecr officials who will make this into law instead of the noises they are encouraging online.
They did not stop arguing blindly and buying into bad fate arguments that many legal scholars have over time countered.
The same court upheld Planned Parenthood v. Casey making it a super precedent. And why would people not be emotional when women who fought for year's to have the rights they have literally are at risk of death and imprisonment for having those rights.
I ask you if Griswold is overturned are you telling me that the government has a right to debate the form of birth control I use? When did my liberty and fundamental rights become up for debates for the states or do you not know that Griswold is the precedent for Roe?
What part of the 4th, 9th and 14th amendment do you not understand?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:20am On Jun 25, 2022
madrid5:
Apart from the morality of abortion(I support abortions anyway)this is just horrible politics from the republicans,Biden was dying in the polls,with news of inflation ranging everywhere,this republican idiots just use their own hands lose election,just a few months till November their eyes I go clear.
I use to think abortion debate was 50-50 in America,but 70% of Americans support abortion ,it's fair to say this ruling is a minority ruling,and it will destroy the republican party.

I am telling you abortion rights are really popular especially among under 40 voters.

Those fringe minority groups have handed democrats a win because they will not stop campaigning on this issue and young Americans who are scared of their future rights will come out enmasse especially those in support of Gay rights.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:21am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:
America is already a place where the political climate has gone to the extreme. You hardly find anyone in the center these days, everyone pitching their tents at the end of each angle trying to tear the other side down.

For some years bow, if the Democrats try to make a law that can be beneficial, the Republicans will do everything to stop it even if it will help the people, likewise the Democrats to the Republicans.

Extremism everywhere.
name one beneficial law,made by the republicans in the past 20 years

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Republican party needs to destroyed and a better sensible right wing party needs to properly deal with the democrats,I am not a left-winger so I supporter the GOP several years ago but since trump,their stupidity is an embarrassment to such a great country.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

Calm down, relax and see that you are off point on this one.

What do you expect from the supreme court to make a law or interpret a law?

Sometimes let emotion be removed from certain issues.
My guy what part of the 4th, 9th and 14th amendments do you not understand.

Have you bothered to read the majority opinion in every landmark cases this current Supreme Court wants to overturn?
Do you think those justices formulated those laws out of thin air or you just went to one right wing site to swallow BS?

Yes when women's rights are under attack in 2022 we should not be emotional about it.

Give me a break.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:24am On Jun 25, 2022
madrid5:
name one beneficial law,made by the republicans in the past 20 years
The current make up of the Supreme Court, tax cuts for the wealthy and more guns.

Also laws on how to make the lives of blacks, women and others terrible.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:26am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

They did not stop arguing blindly and buying into bad fate arguments that many legal scholars have over time countered.
The same court upheld Planned Parenthood v. Casey making it a super precedent. And why would people not be emotional when women who fought for year's to have the rights they have literally are at risk of death and imprisonment for having those rights.
I ask you if Griswold is overturned are you telling me that the government has a right to debate the form of birth control I use? When did my liberty and fundamental rights become up for debates for the states or do you not know that Griswold is the precedent for Roe?
What part of the 4th, 9th and 14th amendment do you not understand?
You are the person arguing blindly but you say I am. You are following the rage and analysis of people in the media, people who are politically aligned to go against anything that doesn't go with what they want even if it is right.

I asked you a question, what would you expect from the judiciary (in this case, the supreme court), to make laws or to interpret them? Is the abortion issue on the constitution? How is it now a constitutional right?

This should not be emotional please.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:29am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

You are the person arguing blindly but you say I am. You are following the rage and analysis of people in the media, people who are politically aligned to go against anything that doesn't go with what they want even if it is right.

I asked you a question, what would you expect from the judiciary (in this case, the supreme court), to make laws or to interpret them? Is the abortion issue on the constitution? How is it now a constitutional right?

but how will this help the republican party,do you know that 80% of Americans support abortion,don't you think a very unpopular ruling like this is destroying judicial credibility?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:31am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

My guy what part of the 4th, 9th and 14th amendments do you not understand.

Have you bothered to read the majority opinion in every landmark cases this current Supreme Court wants to overturn?
Do you think those justices formulated those laws out of thin air or you just went to one right wing site to swallow BS?

Yes when women's rights are under attack in 2022 we should not be emotional about it.

Give me a break.
Who cares about right wing or left wing? I support or align with the Democrats but not foolish enough to not see things differently.

The court has no right to make any law but to interpret. You talk about 4th, 9th and 14th amendments, but what you haven't done is to actually point out where the SC went off.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:31am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

Ok have you heard about what we call statutory interpretation?
Have you heard about judicial philosophies and interpretations?
The 14th amendment due process clause establishes a right to privacy. It is a constitutional right because privacy is in the constitution and the justices extended it to abortion rights

Read on the 9th amendment that covers unenumerated rights and understand that not all rights must be stated under the constitution for it to be protected.
Read the God damn Roe v Wade opinion and every case it links itself with.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:32am On Jun 25, 2022
Democrats have mobilised their base.

In the coming months these people will regret touching Roe because they will have help give it a codified status.
Abortion will rather be codified nationally than banned nationally because that is where the majority are.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 2:33am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
.That is disputed however my next question is not
Does the foetus breath?
Is breathing not a sign of life? If you are faced with a dilemma of saving a born baby and frozen eggs, zygotes, foetuses which one would you pick?.

The foetus has lungs but every function goes in/out through the placenta and that supplies everything to the foetus. Does the foetus eat? A pregnant mother is discouraged from drinking alcohol because it will get to the foetus bloodstream. Can a human do without oxygen. Never. Does the placenta go to the lungs. No. How does oxygen get to the foetus which is enclosed in the amniotic fluid.

Stop dehumanizing unborn babies to make them expendable. God loves them too.

Infact I saw a question if the foetus is part of the mothers body so she can do anything with it. the question was the foetus and mom share different DNA and half the time different gender.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by gambojimeta: 2:34am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

Extremism everywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3303) (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) ... (4348) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: IjeBos(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.