Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,479 members, 7,897,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 03:28 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (3307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1772452 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) ... (4258) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 2:35am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

The foetus has lungs but every function goes in/out through the placenta and that supplies everything to the foetus. Does the foetus eat? A pregnant mother is discouraged from drinking alcohol because it will get to the foetus bloodstream. Can a human do without oxygen. Never. Does the placenta go to the lungs. No. How does oxygen get to the foetus whicle enclosed in the amniotic fluid.

Stop dehumanizing unborn babies to make them expendable. God loves them too
Your last paragraph is telling,according to US constitution ,america is a secular country , whether God loves them or not does not matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:36am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01.

Go and do a 101 class on statutory interpretation laws are not always explicit they can be implied that too.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:36am On Jun 25, 2022
madrid5:
but how will this help the republican party,do you know that 80% of Americans support abortion,don't you think a very unpopular ruling like this is destroying judicial credibility?
How can a judgment that brought about clarity over an issue that has been up for debate for a long time now affect judicial credibility?

The SC only made everyone aware that elected officials should enact this into law, full stop.

The percentage of people who support abortion shouldn't affect the truth in this issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:41am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
Livelystone01.

Go and do a 101 class on statutory interpretation laws are not always explicit they can be implied that too.
The back and forth you are going about this issue has one simple answer, the court didn't take away the right of women, rather, it gave an interpretation of what the issue is. This is what the judiciary is for anyway.

It is now left for the Democrats to take over congress and fix this once and for all.
November is around the corner, this should be a good time for the Democrats to take advantage.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Livelystone01: 2:45am On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=gambojimeta post=114131285][/quote]This is what I'm talking about.

Imagine some nice issues that should not have recorded any dissent yet over a hundred Republicans were against them.

The institution guiding the US is what is keeping the country intact, the present day politicians only care about opposing each other.

I wonder where their patriotism is at the moment.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonTopaz(f): 2:45am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

The foetus has lungs but every function goes in/out through the placenta and that supplies everything to the foetus. Does the foetus eat? A pregnant mother is discouraged from drinking alcohol because it will get to the foetus's bloodstream. Can a human do without oxygen. Never. Does the placenta go to the lungs. No. How does oxygen get to the foetus which is enclosed in the amniotic fluid.

Stop dehumanizing unborn babies to make them expendable. God loves them too.

Infact I saw a question if the foetus is part of the mothers body so she can do anything with it. the question was the foetus and mom share different DNA and half the time different gender.
The foetus does not have rights more substantial over the woman when it has not become viable.
Does the foetus breath you have not answered that question stop deflecting and tackle the scientist head on?

How can a foetus is ascribed personhood when it is not conscious don't be daft. Do you conduct census and every ascribed thing on a breathing human to a foetus?
Nobody is dehumanising a foetus the question and reality remain a foetus can never have a substantial right over a woman, a woman is a liberty to decide for herself it is not your business to pry into the personal lives of women and tell them what to do.
The foetus is expendable if it was no exception for the life of the mother would not be a thing.

God loves children that is why he wants them fed and given the best not thrown away, abandoned and thrown into child abuse and enslaved. And by the way in a Liberal democracy rights are not gotten from your religious text.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale1: 2:46am On Jun 25, 2022
It's bad when Manchin complains. *Shocking?*

Collins got played like a ping-pong?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 2:55am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01

Anti spam did it again

So here is a screenshot of my response to you.

The power of the court reviewing the works of the executive and legislature should be reversed because after all there is no where that is explicitly written in the constitution.

Read the screenshot carefully.

For the next 24 hours I will not respond to any mention.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 2:58am On Jun 25, 2022
madrid5:
Your last paragraph is telling,according to US constitution ,america is a secular country , whether God loves them or not does not matter.
When will you all realise that their plan is to turn America into Afghanistan a Christo-fascist state with no separation of the church and state.
This week's religious funding case decision was the memo of their plans ahead.
Gay rights are next. Welcome to Christo-extremist evangelical America.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale1: 3:00am On Jun 25, 2022
Collin's statement.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by madrid5: 3:01am On Jun 25, 2022
Livelystone01:

How can a judgment that brought about clarity over an issue that has been up for debate for a long time now affect judicial credibility?

The SC only made everyone aware that elected officials should enact this into law, full stop.

The percentage of people who support abortion shouldn't affect the truth in this issue.

which truth,that women can't decide if they need a baby or not at that particular time of their life,next up is gay rights abi,next right to cancel.The republican party should bring laws that improve america not take 50 years backwards and disgrace her,na so fall of Rome tey start oh.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 3:03am On Jun 25, 2022
saxywale1:
It's bad when Manchin complains. *Shocking?*

Collins got played like a ping-pong?

They are lying if they are serious we don't need to wait till November to codify Roe.

At the end or at some points democrats will have to expand SCOTUS because let's say these rights are codified these people can still strike it down but that will be a slippery slope especially after the people have made their voices heard and they lied under that pretext of it not being decided by the people to overturn Roe.
They are shameless hypocrites so do not be surprised if they do it.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:04am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

The foetus does not have rights more substantial over the woman when it has not become viable.
Does the foetus breath you have not answered that question stop deflecting and tackle the scientist head on?

How can a foetus is ascribed personhood when it is not conscious don't be daft. Do you conduct census and every ascribed thing on a breathing human to a foetus?
Nobody is dehumanising a foetus the question and reality remain a foetus can never have a substantial right over a woman, a woman is a liberty to decide for herself it is not your business to pry into the personal lives of women and tell them what to do.
The foetus is expendable if it was no exception for the life of the mother would not be a thing.

God loves children that is why he wants them fed and given the best not thrown away, abandoned and thrown into child abuse and enslaved. And by the way in a Liberal democracy rights are not gotten from your religious text.

ah ah the foetus can be killed because its not breathing by itself. What about someone in a ventilator who cannot survive without being in ICU, but can now be killed?
What logic is that ? Are you a pervert?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 3:09am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

ah ah then it can be killed because its not breathing by itself. What about someone in a ventilator in ICU. Cannot survive without being in ICU but can now be killed.
What logic? Are you a pervert?
The person can still gain consciousnesss the person is likely concious the difference is very clear one is a breathing human with inalienable rights(personhood) the other is a foetus second to the woman with no inalienable rights you can't apply rights to what cannot be seen because rights comes with responsibilities.
You get the logic right also study Euthanasia and medical consent before bringing up a terrible analogy.

Lastly, study what it means to be a pervert you can't be this embarrassing.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by saxywale1: 3:15am On Jun 25, 2022
I have never seen twitter this busy since I opened my account like a decade ago. I can't even keep up.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:16am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

The person is still unconscious and can still gain consciousness the difference is very clear one is a breathing human with inalienable rights(personhood) the other is a foetus second to the woman with no inalienable rights you can't apply rights to what cannot be seen because rights comes with responsibilities.
You get the logic right also study Euthanasia and medical consent before bringing up a terrible analogy.

Lastly, study what it means to be a pervert you can't be this embarrassing.

To you being alive is breathing. A person being fed O2 is not fit to live. A baby in the womb is a thing because not eating, breathing outside, etc.
A peron in a comma also gets all his/her bodily functions taken over
Euthanisia is merciful killing. A lot of people get out of commas, some recover others become vegetables. Medical consent is where the docs advice you no hope here Let go,
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 3:16am On Jun 25, 2022
Lastly I am pro-choice and I have always been a supporter of individual liberty.
Abortion is not something I will do unless unless and that is my own choice to make I will not make it for another woman and the government should not make that decision for me especially when they have done nothing to make maternal mortality rates low, health care and education easily accessible or made my children safe in schools.
You can not be pro-life you are a forced birther if you cared about life you will not support a man who put children in cages and health care access difficult for women and children. And yes America has over 400,000 children in foster care ask these hypocrites how many they have fed, adopted and donated to.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by AmazonHippolyta(f): 3:18am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

To you being alive is breathing. A person being fed O2 is not fit to live. A baby in the womb is a thing because not eating, breathing outside, etc.
A peron in a comma also gets all his/her bodily functions taken over
Euthanisia is merciful killing. A lot of people get out of commas, some recover others become vegetables. Medical consent is where the docs advice you no hope here Let go,
Oh my goodness illiterates don't understand English what part of inalienable did you not understand? why am I still engaging you when you can enlighten yourself instead of going to Qanon sites reading that Biden lost the election.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:21am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:

Oh my goodness illiterates don't understand English what part of inalienable did you not understand? why am I still engaging you when you can enlighten yourself instead of going to Qanon sites reading that Biden lost the election.

Have a good night.
My day is just beginning.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Tdotraptors1: 3:28am On Jun 25, 2022
Alberta Medical Association (Alberta is one of two most conservative provinces in Canada) is getting ready for an influx of Americans from Republican states)

The statement below was released today:

https://www.albertadoctors.org/services/media-publications/presidents-letter/pl-archive/roe-v-wade

Dear Members,

Today the Supreme Court of the United States struck down the landmark Roe vs. Wade ruling. While we have anticipated this possibility with dread, the actual overturning of this decades-old jurisprudence decision on abortion is much worse for women of our neighbouring nation. It may be a harbinger of further erosion of equity, diversity and inclusion in that society. The immediate effects will be felt most keenly by already marginalized populations.

The Alberta Medical Association has always strongly supported access to safe and timely health care for all. For women, there is no more important dimension than access to reproductive care and treatments.

This is an attack on the fundamental rights of women to determine what happens to their bodies. As a medical association, we see it also as a deadly threat to the health care that women need and deserve. Falling back to a world without Roe v. Wade raises a horrifying spectre of serious morbidity and mortality for the many who will now be unable to safely terminate a pregnancy.

Many are commenting. The American Medical Association issued a statement. As I wrote this letter, Alberta colleague and Canadian Medical Association president-elect Dr. Alika Lafontaine tweeted this comment: “Roe v. Wade confirms that human rights, equity and equality cannot be taken for granted.” I agree wholeheartedly. Safe and equitable health care for the needs of women must be safeguarded.

I add, also, that we will be looking into the implications for Alberta-based physicians who provide services to American patients, as we may now face an influx in border communities and our larger cities. We will communicate what we learn to the sections involved..
Goodluck to American women living in GOP states.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 3:39am On Jun 25, 2022
Tdotraptors1:
Alberta Medical Association (Alberta is one of two most conservative provinces in Canada) is getting ready for an influx of Americans from Republican states)

Is there a difference between a mother killing what her body participated in creating And a suicide bomber killing what his body did not create?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ono(m): 3:58am On Jun 25, 2022
https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/17/jan-6-committee-ignores-clear-evidence-of-mass-illegal-voting-systematically-broken-election-laws/

Bas, ben, raum, friends,
While we celebrate the decision of the US Supreme Court to ban the evil abortion-promoting and enhancing R v W, we should not lose sight of the evil done by some RINOs and DemonRats to Steal the Nov 2020 elections.

Please see the snapshot and read fully the report in the link above.

I have snipped important details of the report for easy read.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 4:40am On Jun 25, 2022
ono:
https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/17/jan-6-committee-ignores-clear-evidence-of-mass-illegal-voting-systematically-broken-election-laws/

Bas, ben, raum, friends,
While we celebrate the decision of the US Supreme Court to ban the evil abortion-promoting and enhancing R v W, we should not lose sight of the evil done by some RINOs and DemonRats to Steal the Nov 2020 elections.

Please see the snapshot and read fully the report in the link above.

I have snipped important details of the report for easy read.

Thanks. Trump won Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin,Arizona and Michigan. They all stopped counting votes on election night with Trump leading. When counting resumed FJB suddenly acquired enough votes to beat Trump in those key battleground states.
Ill write more later.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 4:56am On Jun 25, 2022
Tdotraptors1:

Women in GOP states are better off, those living in liberal hell holes are the ones in need of good luck. Bloody idiots, crying as if the world has come to an end just because you were told you don't have a constitutional right to murder babies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:01am On Jun 25, 2022
See how these degenerate, demonic, blood sucking liberal witches and wizards are crying all over the thread because they were told that the constitution doesn't grant them the right to murder babies. It's obvious that these foolish liberals are a bunch of the most senseless dumb asses on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:04am On Jun 25, 2022
AmazonHippolyta:
Lastly I am pro-choice and I have always been a supporter of individual liberty.
Abortion is not something I will do unless unless and that is my own choice to make I will not make it for another woman and the government should not make that decision for me especially when they have done nothing to make maternal mortality rates low, health care and education easily accessible or made my children safe in schools.
You can not be pro-life you are a forced birther if you cared about life you will not support a man who put children in cages and health care access difficult for women and children. And yes America has over 400,000 children in foster care ask these hypocrites how many they have fed, adopted and donated to.
But you supported obama and you are supporting Biden too yet both put children in cages. In fact the cages you speak about were built by the Obama/Biden administration so what does that make you? Practice what you preach, hypocrite. And FYI, Trump never made health care access difficult for women and children, you are just lying your ass off like you lying liberals are known to do. You are only angry because he made it more difficult for you blood sucking witches to murder babies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by itchie: 5:33am On Jun 25, 2022
madrid5:
but how will this help the republican party,do you know that 80% of Americans support abortion,don't you think a very unpopular ruling like this is destroying judicial credibility?
You liberals with your lies and half truths. 80% of Americans don't support abortion on demand and without preconditions like the rabid,blood thirsty liberals do. Most people that support legal abortion say it should be legal if the mother's health is at risk, in the case of rape or Incest. Only about twenty percent support the kind of abortion on demand without any conditions that you liberals are advocating for so please stop lying or at best telling half truths. The judiciary has been strenghtened by this decision, the only people crying and wailing over it are the rabid, blood thirsty liberals I mentioned earlier.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 5:55am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

Hi Diss

A foetus is just a mass of cells according to Budaatum. Remember that. No regards to human life.

https://www.nairaland.com/4508641/american-politics-thread-joe-bidens/2106#100363491

Does your creator approve of you not using your eyes and lying?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:02am On Jun 25, 2022
Kachills:

There's no hypocrisy there, Gun ownership rights are enshrined.....

"Enshrined" on a piece of paper by some people who died years ago.

I'm certain if you listen carefully you'd find some claiming the recently overturned Roe v Wade was enshrined by the Supreme Court who just deenshrined it.

Sorry, but that sentimental manipulative language does not work with me.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 6:04am On Jun 25, 2022
basilico:

I don't come here to read minds . I come here to exchange my opinions with others. You on the other hand comes here sometimes to just irk people, be obnoxious and take them round in circles when you have no reasonable answer.

Bas, you have no opinion worth exchanging. What you deserve is what I give you.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by benalvino3: 6:13am On Jun 25, 2022
budaatum:

"Enshrined" on a piece of paper by some people who died years ago.

I'm certain if you listen carefully you'd find some claiming the recently overturned Roe v Wade was enshrined by the Supreme Court who just deenshrined it.

Sorry, but that sentimental manipulative language does not work with me.

so what? because people die it means their laws will not stand?
you are proving his point

(1) (2) (3) ... (3304) (3305) (3306) (3307) (3308) (3309) (3310) ... (4258) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.