Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,102 members, 7,896,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (4248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1768629 Views)

U.S Elections: Biden Fears The Worse With New Ruling / American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4245) (4246) (4247) (4248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:48pm
Gerrard59:

Typical of Nigerians who have mentally checked out of Nigeria, but are surprised that Trump has supporters in Nigeria. Go and tell the victims of continuous Islamist attacks in Northern Nigeria that they have an "immature view of Christianity".

The good thing is that as long as Trump is alive and kicking, he is gonna win the election as I don't see a good replacement from the Democrats and certainly not Harris or Michelle as one FT commentator opined.

And tell me about Trump's support in Lagos or the East? Is it because of Islamist attacks in Northern Nigeria?
I'm a Nigerian American who has been to Nigeria 2x this year alone. Does that sound like I've checked out to you?
I am also a Christian as are most of my good friends. I am a Democrat because of my faith.
I was walking through Boston Friday and near a government housing project was a sign that said "free summer lunches for children and teenagers". I was proud of Boston for that. I am comfortable paying more taxes for programs like that. That's what I believe the crux of the New Testament(Christianity) is about.

Trump is a degenerate who corrupts everything esp every governmental structure around him.
I always wonder what causes a country to be as ungovernable and as corrupt as a place like Nigeria and could that happen to the US. With Trump, I can see the US becoming like Nigeria. From the corruption, to the lies, to the us vs. them mentality, to the breakdown of the judicial system. Again, you live in Nigeria. And you support Trump. Tell me, what policies do you think if Trump were Nigerian's president would help Nigeria? It seems Buhari and Tinubu are mini Trumps.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 3:54pm
bemeruca:

Your arguments seem to be coming off as feminist propaganda.

Lol. You should probably stay out of this discussion. Lol.

I mean you have 4 out of wedlock children from you baby momma, who you don't live with.
So, this pro family, "single mothers being bad for society" stance you're taking is purely hypocritical Bullshit.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IbeOkehie: 4:14pm
Gerrard59:

Interesting. So, actual native black people would likely vote for Trump? What do our Ikoyi and Lekki black voters in the US have to say about this? grin Does the average Nigerian-American know more about racism than the average African American? shocked

While no chances should be taken, do you really think a wide and diverse section of American voters are ready for a female president who is not White? shocked

A major split in the Black electorate is along GENDER lines. Most of the rising support for Trump among Black Americans is coming from the men. A good entree into this is what happened in Georgia in 2020. They voted for Governor and President at the same time. The Democrat governor candidate was a Black woman. You should take a look at the data, it looks like the main reason she lost is Black men refused to vote for her than expected for a Democrat.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/04/1133358607/black-men-a-key-voting-bloc-leave-georgia-governors-race-an-open-question

Check this out, Trump is polling at historic highs among ALL non-White voters, but this one is about Blacks. I couldn't find the original CNN piece, but this will suffice I hope. That particular CNN analyst is known to be very neutral unlike most others at that network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZawDH_0dans?si=VwYQEIVYldOv1uyb

Did you also know that Republicans are now more popular in racially diverse states and localities while Democrats now perform best among affluent Whites?

So you might be right about Kamala Harris being easier to beat, but this is a race for President, come on, surely it will override all misgivings.

I don't know, we shall see in Nov 2015.

ijebosb:

Lol. You should probably stay out of this discussion. Lol.

I mean you have 4 out of wedlock children from you baby momma, who you don't live with.
So, this pro family, "single mothers being bad for society" stance you're taking is purely hypocritical Bullshit.

Trump is a degenerate who corrupts everything esp every governmental structure around him.

PLEASE stop the slurs or name calling. Come on, let's have a civil discussion.

The USA has become more like Nigeria in all the ways you mentioned...and it happened under a Democrat Presidency because their policies are the same as APC. I've written many comments on exactly this on other threads. Whether debt, illegal immigration, politicization of the judiciary, reckless printing of money that sparked inflation, excessive borrowing, general economic distress Democrats and APC are twins.

Good Luck to USA.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:19pm
IbeOkehie:

Boston is overwhelmingly a Democrat city so the racism is no surprise, 🙄 I know I've read somewhere it's one of the most segregated cities in the USA.

The answer to your question about Hulk Hogan is simple - every human being is racist, tribalist, sexist, religiously prejudiced, classist and whatever other discriminatory tendency we can think of.

This is post is dishonest. Par for the course for a Black person who has to rationalize his vote for the Republican party.

1.) Democratic cities are racist? Lol. You said you lived in the US? And you said you went to school in the South? Are you sure?
Most Southern states are Republican led and racist. Dem states are generally diverse. Boston has a gay governor and an asian mayor.
I did road trip through through some Southern states and holy shit, the amount of racism and poverty I saw was shocking. Some places looked like they had been left back in the 70's, both physically(delapitaed) and in their views(racist).

2.) I asked you a simple question; is Hulk Hogan racist? And if so why did Trump and Republicans allow him a speech at their convention? Instead of answering the simple question, you deflected to an answer to all humans. I know you are capable of being specific. Lol.
So let me help. Hulk Hogan is racist. Why, he said he was in a leaked phone call that got him fired from the WWE. And why did the RNC give him a speech? Because Republicans condone racism because it appeals to their uneducated white racist base.

3.) I am not racist, tribalist, religiously prejudiced or sexist. I may be a tad classist. So, speak for yourself. You may also want to review the definitions of those words esp. racism. Racism involves the belief that race is a determinant of human characteristics therefore making some races superior.

4.) It goes to say if you can't call out your own parties racism and have to deflect, maybe you shouldn't be supporting that party. I've been saying this for a while and you seem to prove it again. To be a Black person voting Republican you have to intrinsically be dishonest with yourself about what the party stands for. The party doesn't like you, it just wants you to vote for it.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:31pm
IbeOkehie:

PLEASE stop the slurs or name calling. Come on, let's have a civil discussion.

Good Luck to USA.

Nothing civil about Bemeruca. I won't have civil conversation with certain people who?

1.) Choose not to be civil.
2.) Who promulgate racism towards other black people. Bemeruca is fond of that, even calling black people Niggers (the racist type).
3.) Hypocrites who chastise people for having kids out of wedlock yet have 4 children out of Wedlock (which he admitted to)
4.) People who post phishing links to get people in this thread's IP addresses so they can hack their computers and get their personal information. (something Bemeruca did).
3.) People who lie and pretend to live in the US. (something Bemeruca does as well).

Don't need your advice on this.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 4:42pm
ijebosb:

Nothing civil about Bemeruca. I won't have civil conversation with certain people who?

1.) Choose not to be civil.
2.) Who promulgate racism towards other black people. Bemeruca is fond of that, even calling black people Niggers (the racist type).
3.) Hypocrites who chastise people for having kids out of wedlock yet have 4 children out of Wedlock (which he admitted to)
4.) People who post phishing links to get people in this thread's IP addresses so they can hack their computers and get their personal information. (something Bemeruca did).
3.) People who lie and pretend to live in the US. (something Bemeruca does as well).

Don't need your advice on this.

get my name out your fuqing mouth

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IbeOkehie: 4:43pm
ijebosb:

This is post is dishonest. Par for the course for a Black person who has to rationalize his vote for the Republican party.

1.) Democratic cities are racist? Lol. You said you lived in the US? And you said you went to school in the South? Are you sure?
Most Southern states are Republican led and racist. Dem states are generally diverse. Boston has a gay governor and an asian mayor.
I did road trip through through some Southern states and holy shit, the amount of racism and poverty I saw was shocking. Some places looked like they had been left back in the 70's, both physically(delapitaed) and in their views(racist).

Unlike you I'm sure enough of myself to post with my real name. I live in North Carolina and I've lived in the USA for decades. It's funny for an ANONYMOUS poster on Nairaland to challenge my bona fides. I should be asking if you're a real person. Give that one up OK?

I'm sure you're aware of the geographic migration trends in USA the past 10 years or so? Most migration is moving from Democrat to Republican dominated states. States dominated by Democrats are losing population, this is well known fact. Here in NC we're being overwhelmed by refugees from Democrat controlled New York, Illinois and California. Just Google, I'm sure you're already aware of all this. In fact Illinois in the last decade has seen the first REVERSAL in historic Black American migration trends....Blacks are now moving away from Illinois back to the Southern USA.

The USA has a racist history and the people decided to change. Black African immigrants are using that history as an excuse to avoid competition and grab benefits intended for Black descendants of the slaves that were sold into slavery by....Black Africans. Again I say, you can't make this up. Very smart strategy though, one can only blame the American people who keep voting for it...perfect mugus abi?

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 4:44pm
IbeOkehie:

The USA has become more like Nigeria in all the ways you mentioned...and it happened under a Democrat Presidency because their policies are the same as APC. I've written many comments on exactly this on other threads. Whether debt, illegal immigration, politicization of the judiciary, reckless printing of money that sparked inflation, excessive borrowing, general economic distress Democrats and APC are twins.

Good Luck to USA.

You can't have a real discussion if you choose to post lies found on right wing websites.
Let's take Debt for one. Trump added 2x the amount of debt that Biden did. So, if your argument is that inflation was caused by the printing of more money, Trump was at the minimum 2x more responsible than Biden.

But what is the point of posting this stuff if you aren't actually verifying the things you hear/read? I hate being wrong, so I can't post stuff I haven't verified myself.
If your goal is to just support Republicans, the jut support them, no need for the made-up stats and gaslighting.

Trump added twice as much to the national debt as Biden: Analysis
https://thehill.com/business/4736740-trump-biden-fiscal-policy-deficit/

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by IbeOkehie: 4:53pm
ijebosb:

You can't have a real discussion if you choose to post lies found on right wing websites.
Let's take Debt for one. Trump added 2x the amount of debt that Biden did. So, if your argument is that inflation was caused by the printing of more money, Trump was at the minimum 2x more responsible than Biden.

But what is the point of posting this stuff if you aren't actually verifying the things you hear/read? I hate being wrong, so I can't post stuff I haven't verified myself.
If your goal is to just support Republicans, the jut support them, no need for the made-up stats and gaslighting.

Might be true, but what were the political dynamics that forced that amount of government borrowing and spending? We all know which party was screaming for the Federal Government to print and distribute money during the Covid crisis. Regrettably, President Trump gave in just like President Jonathan gave in to the APC over fuel subsides in Jan 2012.

Even after Trump was out of office, the Dems saw fit to still pass more massive print and spend bills. The lone Democrat dissenter was Senator Manchin of West Virginia who saved this country from ANOTHER stimulus bill.

Liberal & Progressive parties just love spending money.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 5:04pm
IbeOkehie:

Unlike you I'm sure enough of myself to post with my real name. I live in North Carolina and I've lived in the USA for decades. It's funny for an ANONYMOUS poster on Nairaland to challenge my bona fides. I should be asking if you're a real person. Give that one up OK?
The problem is, that you post as if you don't live in the US. Some of the things you say are just ridiculous.
Like, you say you live in North Carlina and are calling Boston racist. That's just nuts. Almost like Stockholm syndrome.
It's as if you are posting for people who have never been to the US and won't know what you are saying isn't true, or you've never been to the US yourself or have never been outside of the South.

IbeOkehie:

I'm sure you're aware of the geographic migration trends in USA the past 10 years or so? Most migration is moving from Democrat to Republican dominated states. States dominated by Democrats are losing population, this is well known fact. Here in NC we're being overwhelmed by refugees from Democrat controlled New York, Illinois and California. Just Google, I'm sure you're already aware of all this. In fact Illinois in the last decade has seen the first REVERSAL in historic Black American migration trends....Blacks are now moving away from Illinois back to the Southern USA.

Most of this migration is because how expensive these Democratic places have become because they are successful. If you can't afford an area, you move. Houses in my neighborhood are a minimum 1 million dollars. My ex moved from CT, to NC. She was offered a raise to move to NC. The apartment she had in downtown Charlotte was new construction for half of what she was paying in CT. She stacked money for a couple of years, then got an even much better paying job and moved to Seattle.

IbeOkehie:

The USA has a racist history and the people decided to change. Black African immigrants are using that history as an excuse to avoid competition and grab benefits intended for Black descendants of the slaves that were sold into slavery by....Black Africans. Again I say, you can't make this up. Very smart strategy though, one can only blame the American people who keep voting for it...perfect mugus abi?

Most of this post is outdated. That used to be the case back in the day. It was there was no way to differentiate. And immigrants are usually a self selected group of people. Most of the affirmative action is now based on socio economic patterns.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijebosb: 5:09pm
IbeOkehie:

Might be true, but what were the political dynamics that forced that amount of government borrowing and spending? We all know which party was screaming for the Federal Government to print and distribute money during the Covid crisis. Regrettably, President Trump gave in just like President Jonathan gave in to the APC over fuel subsides in Jan 2012.

Even after Trump was out of office, the Dems saw fit to still pass more massive print and spend bills. The lone Democrat dissenter was Senator Manchin of West Virginia who saved this country from ANOTHER stimulus bill.

Liberal & Progressive parties just love spending money.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Might be true? Huh? I gave you a link. You can research it yourself instead of peddling things that aren't true.

IbeOkehie:

What were the political dynamics that forced that amount of government borrowing and spending?
Trump was the President. If he didn't want to spend it, he wouldn't have.

Dude, you should figure out why you really support the Republicans. It can't be the stuff you keep posting, because they are mostly untrue.
If you cared about who was better on the economy you'd be a Democrat.
If you cared about who was destroying the Judiciary, you'd vote Democrat.
Or can you explain to me why any person would be against Judges having a Code of ethics. Or Judges disclosing large donors. Or judges recusing themselves off cases where their wives were directly involved.

You seem to like the Dem policies, but want to pretend the Republicans are for those things so you can vote Republican.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by kkins25(m): 6:36pm
AmazonTopaz:

Lol, Trump ain't winning and it was never 50/50 there are more anti-Trump folks than MAGA. The shooter was a Republican, conservative and White they cannot spin this against Democrats.
HI there Amazonia! How are things looking now?

😎😎😎
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 6:38pm
Just curious. CNN Livestream of Trump rallies was only once this year.
The day of the attempted assassination.
Oddly curious if that's the only time they bothered to Livestream.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordAdam16: 6:57pm
kkins25:

HI there Amazonia! How are things looking now?

😎😎😎

😎😎😎

BIDEN IS OUT!

-Lord
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by LordAdam16: 6:58pm
The senile c*nt is out.
TKO from the Teflon Don!

Who's next?

-Lord
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by bemeruca: 7:03pm
The former vice president quits. Sad day for this country

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 7:09pm
bemeruca:
The former vice president quits. Sad day for this country

Was only a matter of time, he was likely negotiating his pay off.
He must have been promised gazillions. His family has to find jobs now, most likely they will staff his presidential library.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4245) (4246) (4247) (4248) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: bemeruca, raumdeuter, basilico and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.