Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:23 AM

8 Ways Sex Changes When You’re Sober - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Ways Sex Changes When You’re Sober (436 Views)

Check Out These 10 Amazing Ways Sex Improves Your Overall Wellbeing / Check Out Five, Surprising Ways Sex Affects The Brain... / Ladies, This Is How Your Body Changes When You Start Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways Sex Changes When You’re Sober by ValourDigest(m): 3:47pm On May 18, 2018
Sex can be an incredibly vulnerable experience. For people who struggle with alcoholism, the desire to dull some of the more uncomfortable feelings associated with sex ― like fear, anxiety and insecurity ― can be even greater.

But once you get sober and stop using alcohol as a crutch, you’re forced to feel everything a bit more deeply and clearly ― the good feelings and the bad.

“Sex has become a much more conscious process [since I got sober],” Seamus Kirst, author of Shitfaced: Musings of a Former Drunk, told HuffPost. “Before, I would drink to build up the confidence to flirt with people, and then drink to get through having sex. Besides my one serious relationship, I would usually have sex when I was drunk, so I wasn’t really aware of what I actually enjoyed sexually, and often sex wasn’t even an especially pleasurable experience.”

Read more......http://valourdigest.com/8-ways-sex-changes-when-youre-sober/

(1) (Reply)

After My Black Girl Friend Broke My Heart... / What Real Men Do.... / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Ordering 4 Bottles Of Alcoholic Drink On Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.