Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:43 AM

We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello (2425 Views)

Thousands Protest In Aba For Pro-biafra Detainee, Independence - Dailymail UK / No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists / Okorocha In Aba For Apc Rally. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka5: 10:24pm On May 26, 2010
We’ve no plan to leave Aba for Bauchi, says Alhaji Bello, whose great grandfather settled there over 100 years ago
From OKEY SAMPSON, Aba

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
The forefathers of Alhaji Kaka Bello came to Aba in Abia State over 100 years ago. Upon their arrival, their host community in Ngwa accepted them and gave them land to settle down. Since then, the Bellos have been living in peace with their host and even inter-changing marriages with them.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/26/sun/Bello20-26[1].gif[/img]
Bello

advertisement

Kaka Bello, 37, who is now the Sariki Hausawa (leader of the Hausa community) in Aba told Daily Sun revealed how they came to settle in the Enyimba City, saying they have no plan to return to their home state, Bauchi to live again. Excerpts:

Leadership challenge

It is a great challenge for me; for a young man of about 37 years assuming the leadership role of the Hausa community in a city like Aba. You can see how large the city is and Aba is highly populated by my people. I feel excited at the challenge.

Host community

The Igbos are very wonderful, most especially my host community because I have to start from home. When my great grandfather came to Aba more than 100 years ago, he was accepted by the Igbos (Ngwas). In fact, he and other members of the family were given a large expanse of land free at Ndiegoro (Aba) where they settled. Not only that, hospital Road/Mosque Street where we have our mosque was given to my people free of charge. We are still enjoying the privilege up till now. So, the Igbos are very wonderful people, they are very accommodating.

Ruling house

The first man from the Bello family that came to Aba in the late 19th Century who incidentally was the first-Hausa leader in Aba, was Mallam Mohammadu Bello.

He was my great grandfather. He died in 1962 and my grandfather took over the mantle of leadership of the Aba-Hausa community.

When my grandfather Alhaji Ibrahim Sariki Bello died in 1982, my late father Alhaji Sariki Tanko Bello took over and the mantle of leadership fell on me when my father died in 2004. So, you can see, since the inception of the Hausa community here in Aba over 100 years ago, the Bello family has been the ruling house.

Numeral strength

I cannot say exactly the number of northerners living here in Aba; they are so many. The number should not be anything less than 20,000. Very soon, we will embark on a census to know the exact figure. You know my people live and do business in Osisioma, Obingwa, Ugwunagbo, Aba North, and Aba South local governments and their numerical strength is high.

Sectarian crises

We have to educate our people on the essence of unity because there will not be any meaningful development in a chaotic situation. We are Nigerians and we have to accept ourselves as such. An Igbo man should see an Hausa man as part of himself and vice versa. Even when we are provoked, we should be able to tolerate ourselves. Dialogue I believe should be the way out instead of engaging in fracas. We also have to put God first in whatever we are doing. If we do that, sectarian crisis in the country will be drastically reduced.

Another thing is that inter-tribal marriages should be encouraged. I think it is very important to put religion aside at times and inter-marry so that we can achieve peace in the country and live as one.

Councillorship bid

I was denied the opportunity to serve my people. I am highly accepted here in Aba. It were the Igbos that campaigned for me, it were the Igbos that voted for me. During my campaign, it were the Igbos that formed the bulk of my campaign team. In fact, the Igbos voted massively for me, but the problem I had was the problem we generally have in Nigeria today where one will win election and another declared winner.

Going back to Bauchi

Ah No! Aba is my home. I was born here and have lived all my life in the city. What am I going back to Bauchi State for? I have been getting all I want in this commercial city. I am comfortable and my family members too; in fact, the Hausa community here is happy. The only thing I can do is visit Bauchi probably spend few days and come back to Aba.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/26/514.html
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka5: 10:53pm On May 26, 2010
Get ready for Aba massacre.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by sjeezy8: 11:16pm On May 26, 2010
looks like an igboman parading as an hausa see his nose. lol

good news I guess.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Abagworo(m): 4:37am On May 27, 2010
sjeezy8:

looks like an igboman parading as an hausa see his nose. lol

good news I guess.
i'm dissappointed in you sjeezy.you dont know that hausas are africans like you and i.maybe you presumed they were arabs.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Nobody: 6:36am On May 27, 2010
Orji UZor Kalu propaganda machine at work.
20k hausas in ngwaland?. Fuc.k.ng lie.
I was in Aba in yr 2000 when the massacre of hausas took place but for my driver who saved me I could have been killed even though am a Yoruba guy. They later came to my house at night and wanted to finish me and my younger brother but my security guy stood against them late into the night.
The following day I told my coy I wanted a transfer after what happened, my MD approved immediately and I came back to lagos.

ngwas killed almost all the hausas then and where this dude got his number from, i don't know.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by asha80(m): 7:26am On May 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

I was in Aba in yr 2000 when the massacre of hausas took place but for my driver who saved me I could have been killed even though am a Yoruba guy. They later came to my house at night and wanted to finish me and my younger brother but my security guy stood against them late into the night.
The following day I told my coy I wanted a transfer after what happened, my MD approved immediately and I came back to lagos.

ngwas killed almost all the hausas then and where this dude got his number from, i don't know.

people and there warped logic.igbos have suffered religuos riot times without number in kano.has that reduced the number of igbos in kano?
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by vinooh: 7:35am On May 27, 2010
u cannot compare Igbos with other tribes in Nigeria in time of receiving[b][/b] strangers
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 11:22am On May 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

Your security man stood against blood thirsty urchins?. Is he king kong? 
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Afam(m): 12:04pm On May 27, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

No be small thing oo, I been read that line more than once just to be sure I wasn't sleeping.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 27, 2010
[quote link=topic=452246.msg6101500#msg6101500 date=1274955776]
[/quote]

[quote author=Afam link=topic=452246.msg6101731#msg6101731 date=1274958269]
No be small thing oo, I been read that line more than once just to be sure I wasn't sleeping.

Is it because everybody here is annonymous that why you guys doubts everything even the one spoken by you?.

I don't have to prove anything. Afam you are Ibo, go to Ogbor hill junction along Ikot-Ekpene Road and ask what happened to one Yoruba guy that worked in one multi-national drug coy on Factory road aba around 2000.

Ngwas are savages!! angry
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by redsun(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2010
Nigeria can only be too 'hot' and too big for imbeciles not for people with visions be dem northerners,southerners,easteners and westerners.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 9:10pm On May 27, 2010
ilugunboy:

Is it because everybody here is annonymous that why you guys doubts everything even the one spoken by you?.

I[b] don't have to prove anything. Afam you are Ibo, go to Ogbor hill junction along Ikot-Ekpene Road and ask what happened to one Yoruba guy that worked in one multi-national drug coy on Factory road aba around 2000.

Ngwas are savages!! [/b]angry

Very foolish thing to say indeed. So, it is right for Igbos to call Yorubas savages because some of theirs died in the hands of Yoruba alayes in Yorubaland?
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 27, 2010
well, going by what i see on nl, a major pogrom is probably being planned against yorubas sometime in the future.

the excuse will be some other tribes attacked some other tribes elsewhere.

and if you think because your local dialect isnt being mentioned by name, therefore the term "yoruba" wont include you, keep dreaming.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 10:16pm On May 27, 2010
Prophet of doom, nobody is chasing you unless you obtained some men from other tribes. Stop mixing private issues with tribes and ethnic groups. If you are owing the police men who paid you part of their meager salary upfront for a weekend night in bed, better go and deliver and stop dragging the Yoruba ethnic group with you.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 27, 2010
^^ are you yoruba now?

abi its still your "fiance" whose name starts with letter B, thats supposed to be yoruba?
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 10:50pm On May 27, 2010
Since when did you become the ethnic naturalization police? undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2010
Ilugun,
Naw na ur group of Yoruba wey be correct savages EDIOT. Ah u never knew the Ngwa sabi show Hausa pepper. They had every right to strike back after years and years of wickedness of the Fulani-Hausa ppl against the Igbo.

BTW!!! What is this post all about sef? Are we supposed to feel validated coz some Hausa in the East does not want to go back to to
hell aka Bauchi. Ofcourse any sane Hausa man will love to stay back in ala Igbo or South where humans still act like humans. There are many in Oka town too. Whats the big deal?
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by EzeUche(m): 12:00am On May 28, 2010
ilugunboy:

Ngwas are savages!! angry

I see that you have had a run in with the Ngwa. These people do have a monopoly on criminality in Igboland though. But savages? Maybe a little but not fully. Other Igbo groups have been civilizing them. . . tongue
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 2:32am On May 28, 2010
EzeUche,
STFU!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up with this your constant need to bash the Ngwa anytime u find an opportunity? The ediot that is calling them savages I bet u got a lot more unprintable names to call your foolish Igbo behind so do us a favor and zip your trap for a minute.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by EzeUche(m): 2:51am On May 28, 2010
Udezue,

Stop acting like a Ngwa with your emotions. Act like a real Aro man if you are truly one. He brought up Ngwa. . . Big deal. I bash Yoruba. . . I bash Ngwa. . . I bash Igbos . . . I bash akatas. . . I bash whites
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 3:11am On May 28, 2010
mchew***
EzeUche,
Amarim' na ara ghunwa enweghi ngwota.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by EzeUche(m): 3:20am On May 28, 2010
Onye oshi,

O gi ka m ga eji eme ya!  angry
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 4:08am On May 28, 2010
EzeUche,
Ishim' na m'wu onye oshi? Onwere ji ghum' zuru?
M'pata gi na MD otu ubochi na summer na bia ma were ose gba ghu na onu i ji ako otele. Isi oroma. cool
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 4:51am On May 28, 2010
Speak english please. This is a general forum and not an igbo forum. Okurin yi ti su mi. undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 5:25am On May 28, 2010
Aloy-emeka,
Nwa mpki. Echem na iwu onye Igbo. Amarim' na ibu poser. Onye ka i bu?
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by vinooh: 5:39am On May 28, 2010
nwa nna igbo unu nka kala aka
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by AloyEmeka8: 5:43am On May 28, 2010
Write English joor.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by EzeUche(m): 6:01am On May 28, 2010
^^^^^^^

Biko sharrap!

Agwo sutukwa gi onu. . . grin
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Cohomology: 8:01am On May 28, 2010
udezue:

Aloy-emeka,
Nwa mpki. Echem na iwu onye Igbo. Amarim' na ibu poser. Onye ka i bu?

Odika Aloy bu nwa nna.
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by igboboy1(m): 8:11am On May 28, 2010
I never thought i would say this but ALOY -Emeka ga ta nchi, e kwu'zu ozo,

E bu NWA AFOR? I dont think so!! Ofe Mmanu di ka gi
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by udezue(m): 8:57am On May 28, 2010
Aloy-emeka abughi onye Igbo. Onwere ike ibu onye Yoruba ma oburu na tribe ya enwero isi na odu. O maro ivfe ochoro i bu. Ofu ubochi o mee ka o bu onye be anyi, echi ogosikwa na obughi wenne anyi. grin
Re: We Have No Plan To Leave Aba For Bauchi, Says Alhaji Bello by Nobody: 9:49am On May 28, 2010
[size=5pt]*Ilugunboy strolls in this morning singing*[/size]
Fun ra won na ma fun ra won lo'gun je

udezue:

Aloy-emeka abughi onye Igbo. Onwere ike ibu onye [size=14pt]Yoruba[/size] ma oburu na tribe ya enwero isi na odu. O maro ivfe ochoro i bu. Ofu ubochi o mee ka o bu onye be anyi, echi ogosikwa na obughi wenne anyi. grin

Shataaup dia. If ever hear you say that again on this forum I will get you banned. grin cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City: A Mammoth New Development On The Coastline Of Lagos / When Was The Nigerian National Council Of State Created? / Jonathan Pops Champagne At The Villa To Celebrate Fayose's Victory (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.