Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,248 members, 7,928,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 10:22 PM

Randy Muslim Alfa Defiles 14-yr-old,says I’m Nurturing Her For Marriage.agbaya - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Randy Muslim Alfa Defiles 14-yr-old,says I’m Nurturing Her For Marriage.agbaya (1821 Views)

Village Head Defiles 13-Year-Old In Kano, Infects Her With HIV / 26 Year Old Man Defiles 1 And A Half Year Old Girl In Benin (Photos) / Man Allegedly Defiles His Daughter, Son And Wife's Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Randy Muslim Alfa Defiles 14-yr-old,says I’m Nurturing Her For Marriage.agbaya by GEW: 1:18pm On May 27, 2010
[size=18pt]Randy Alfa
Defiles 14-yr-old, says I’m nurturing her for marriage
[/size]
By CHRISTOPHER OJI
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Alfa Okah
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Lagos-based Islamic cleric, who was arrested by the police for allegedly defiling a 14-year-old girl in a mosque, has denied the allegation. The 52-year-old suspect, simply identified as Alfa Okah, is undergoing interrogation at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, Yaba, Lagos.

He, however, told detectives that he never defiled the girl but confessed inserting his fingers in her private part.
He was alleged to have made love to the girl (names withheld), in a mosque in Surulere area of the metropolis severally. The victim’s guardian, Marian, is said to be the wife of the Imam in-charge of the mosque.

It was the Imam’s wife who reported to the police that the victim had been missing for some weeks. During interrogation, it was found out that Okah might have been having amourous affairs with the young girl. He was arrested by the police and he admitted knowing her whereabouts.

One of the detectives interrogating him told Daily Sun that he later took them to Akute area of Ogun State, where he kept the girl. “When we got to the house, we only met a man, who revealed that Okah slept with a young girl and kept her in his custody. He also told how he couldn’t find the girl when he came back from his place of work.”

Okah later confessed to Daily Sun that he was actually dating the girl, adding that he had the intention of marrying her. “She is my lover. She was 12 years old when I started dating her, but I have not made love to her. I only romanced and manipulated her each time I had sexual urge. You know she is still young. I am only nurturing her to grow before I could start sleeping with her.” On the girl’s real age, he said: “The police are just saying that she is 14. No, she is 15. She is my girlfriend and I know her age.”

He explained that he took her to Ogun State, because she complained of being maltreated by her guardian and was ready to go back to her parents, who also live in Akute. He said: “As a lover, who has her interest in mind, I decided to support her in the little way I could. I paid her transport fare and kept her in my friend’s house, while we were still tracing her parents’ whereabouts. I wonder why she left my friend’s house without either his consent or mine.”

When asked how many times he slept with the girl for the past three years, he claimed he had been her friend, Okah became furious and warned, “please, don’t ask me such a question again. I am an Alfa, I can’t tell you lies. I was only romancing and manipulation her and nothing more. I romanced her on the road each night her guardian sent her on an errand.”

On the allegation that he organised a birthday party for the girl, he said: “Yes, she is my lover. I only marked it to show my affection and appreciation to her. She is my lover.” His friend, Antonio, who was weeping profusely, as he spoke to Daily Sun said, he did not envisage any trouble, when Okah brought the little girl to his house.

He said: “He only told me to accommodate the girl for the night. He slept with her on my bed while I slept on the floor. I left them there to go to work the following day. Okah had told me he would leave very early for Lagos, for prayers. He begged that I should take care of the girl till he came back, but when I came back from my office, I did not see her.”

He, however, appealed to the police to allow him to go home as any further delay could cost him his job.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2010/may/27/crimewatch-27-05-2010-001.htm

as if this is not bad enough  you have these yeye people talking trash here

[size=18pt]Yerima’s baby marriage: Senate committee in war of words with women groups[/size]
From AMOS DUNIA, Abuja
Thurday, May 27, 2010
Yerima
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Attempt by the Senate to commence probe of Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima’s marriage to a baby wife turned rancorous yesterday as human rights groups and member of the Senate Committee On Ethics, Public Petitions and Code of Conduct engaged each other on shouting match over statement by the Committee Chairman, Senator Omar Hambagda, that he also got married to his late wife at the age of 14 years of age.

As if to add injury to the issue at stake, another member of the Committee Senator Aderemi Bablola, told members of the women groups from different organizations that the Senate cannot prosecute Senator Yerima over his marriage to a minor.

Senator Hambagda told the women that when his first wife, who he married when she was just 14 years, died two years, about 40 young girls between the ages of 19 and 23 years of age applied wanting to get married to him.

The Borno-born Senator further said that a segmentation of the application showed that out of the 40 applicants, 27 were between the ages of 19 and 23 thus had to struggle to get a 30-year old to marry.
According to Senator Hambagda; “My first wife was married when she was 14 years old and our first daughter is today a veterinary doctor. In the place I come from the Shuwa Arabs marry girls at the age of 12.”

The statement of the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Ethics that was directed by the senate to probe Senator Yerima following a petition by the National Human Rights Commission and protests by women groups that stormed the National Assembly, sent cold into the spines of the women rights groups that appeared before the Committee to further their attempt to get Senator Yerima brought to books in accordance with the Child Rights Act and the Constitution.

In her remarks before the committee, Mrs. Asmau Joda described as most unfair attempts by some Muslims in positions of authority to hide under the cover of religion to tarnish the image of Islam through their selfish interpretation of the holy quoran.

Mrs. Joda explained that if the case was looked at from the correct documentary sources of Shari’ah which was all encompassing, it would be clear that Islam did not encourage Girl-child marriage, adding that the idea was to allow girl-children to attain not only body and physical maturity but also a level of mental maturity so as to enable them shoulder the responsibility of parenting effectively.

According to Mrs. Joda; “Although Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H.) married A’isha, may Allah be pleased with her, at 9 and the marriage was consummated at 12, some Islamic jurists said that, that was unique to him, meaning that no other Muslim is encouraged or even allowed to practise it. This is the position of Ibn hazm as respected in Fathul-barri, Page 97. Vol. 9 published by; Dar al – rayyam, lit-turath, Cairo.”

[b]She further added that documentary Shari’ah sources showed that most of the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) wives were old widows and divorcees stressing that the fact remained that His first wife was 15 years older than he.[/b]

“It has also been reported that Abubakar and Umar bin al-Khattab, two of the most senior companions of the Prophet, peace be upon Him, sought the hands of His daughter Nana Patima at different times but the Prophet said to them; ‘She was too young or I am waiting for the destiny to take its course.’ And He did not marry her off until when she was 18 or 19 yeas old. This fact is reported in the following Shar’iah sources: At-tabaqat al-kubrah libni Sa’ad, Vol. 8, p.23, Nisa’un mubash –shiratun Bil-Janna, by Muhammad Mahmud Ismail. Pg270 published by Dar-al-Sabuni, Cairo.

In her own remarks before the Senate Committee, National President, Medical Women Association of Nigeria Dr. Mma Wokocha said that the issue had so much medical implication that had some severe consequences on the life of the girl-child.    http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/may/27/national-27-05-2010-013.htm
Re: Randy Muslim Alfa Defiles 14-yr-old,says I’m Nurturing Her For Marriage.agbaya by liliana080(f): 10:50pm On Jun 20, 2010
super story shocked

(1) (Reply)

28-year-old Son Rapes Mum As Dad Enjoys His Sleep / Abia DSS Arrested 4 Suspects Involved In Killing 3 Absu Students (pictured) / 15 Christians Shot Dead By Gunmen After Crossover Night Service In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.