Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! - Phones (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! (203788 Views)

Mtn Users Get In / LG Users???? Get In Here!!!! / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by AirVaans(m): 9:17pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
i said it that Gorilla Glass 5 doesn't mean its stronger.
It only means its more scratch resistant
That's what I meant by Extra Protection
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 9:34pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

oga, processor, software even network influences battery more than the number of mah attached to a battery
Yesso MTK chips are more battery efficient than SD we all know that, 720p screen also consumes less power..
You ask question I give you my insight..
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 9:35pm On May 04, 2019
AirVaans:
That's what I meant by Extra Protection
The Nokia X5 also spots glass back and front just that Nokia did not specify..
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 9:37pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:
Yesso MTK chips are more battery efficient than SD we all know that, 720p screen also consumes less power..
You ask question I give you my insight..
are you sure that mtk processors are more power efficient than snapdragon processors? I doubt that.
Thanks you were very helpful
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

are you sure that mtk processors are more power efficient than snapdragon processors? I doubt that.
the Helio P60 processor is more battery efficient than the Sd660

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 9:50pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

Yeah mediatek is focused more on the budget market SD more of performance..
Me and not a fan of MTK but the P60 in the X5 really surprised me..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 10:14pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
the Helio P60 processor is more battery efficient than the Sd660
and have you used any sd660 phone? Also I was comparing all snapdragon processors against all mediatek processors...
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 10:17pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

and have you used any sd660 phone? Also I was comparing all snapdragon processors against all mediatek processors...
smh
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:
Yeah mediatek is focused more on the budget market SD more of performance..
Me and not a fan of MTK but the P60 in the X5 really surprised me..
the mtk processor with the highest rave on this forum is p60 and that's cos of the x5, aside that there is no proof that mtk processors are power efficient and so you would also know, the helio p60 in Nokia x5 is underclocked and not even functioning at its full potential of 2.0ghz its functioning at 1.8ghz so its slower but more power efficient plus a 720p display so its supposed to be power efficient, enough corners were cut.
So x5 surprising you isn't anything, mtk processors have been lagging behind snapdragon processors both in performance and functions and even in power consumption too. Of course you and Mizik can disprove me
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 10:24pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
smh
sd625, is more power efficient than Helio p60
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 10:25pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

Bros YouTube is there for a reason.. my previous device was a SD820 2016 flagship and I can't really notice too much difference with the P60.. Even when playing PUBG the highest I could go was HD graphics with high FPS on both devices..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

the mtk processor with the highest rave on this forum is p60 and that's cos of the x5, aside that there is no proof that mtk processors are power efficient and so you would also know, the helio p60 in Nokia x5 is underclocked and not even functioning at its full potential of 2.0ghz its functioning at 1.8ghz so its slower but more power efficient plus a 720p display so its supposed to be power efficient, enough corners were cut.
So x5 surprising you isn't anything, mtk processors have been lagging behind snapdragon processors both in performance and functions and even in power consumption too. Of course you and Mizik can disprove me
The P60 in the X5 is actually clocked at 2.0ghz while it is 1.8ghz in the 5.1plus little little details.. that's one of if not the major difference between X5 and 5.1plus.

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

The truth is, you don't know much about processors, and you certainly don't know indepth about helio p60, research more on it. By the way, their are other phones with that same helio p60 but they are costlier than Nokia X5 and mind you X5 is clocked at 2.0 ghz while 5.1 plus is clocked at 1.8ghz, know the difference
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

14nm processing more power efficient than 12nm processing?

Bros just go buy the Redmi 7 or Note 7 so we no go discuss this topic again.. mediatek have not been great but give credit where it's due.

2 Likes

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

The truth is, you don't know much about processors, and you certainly don't know indepth about helio p60, research more on it. By the way, their are other phones with that same helio p60 but they are costlier than Nokia X5 and mind you X5 is clocked at 2.0 ghz while 5.1 plus is clocked at 1.8ghz, know the difference
fact!! But after updating to Pie X5 becomes underclocked but even so. When it was In Android 8.1 it was at full speed yet the battery was better @ IKON360

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Mizik(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

I'll take it that you're not so Informed about processors or at least uo to date...
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:

The P60 in the X5 is actually clocked at 2.0ghz while it is 1.8ghz in the 5.1plus little little details.. that's one of if not the major difference between X5 and 5.1plus.
to show you actually dont know what you are saying, helio p60 is actually a more capable processor than the snapdragon 636 in Nokia 6.1, however if x5 is clocked at the full capacity, it will be faster and better than sd636, so to avoid shooting themselves in the feet, the helio p60 was underclocked.
Also, the x5 and 5.1plus are the exact same Devices but for different markets, check gsmarena, smartprix, 91mobiles, amazon.in, gadgetsnow or any other site
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2019
Mizik:
I'll take it that you're not so Informed about processors or at least uo to date...
boss try to understand me, I didn't say better, I said or typed more power efficient. Being power efficient and general efficiency are two different things
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

please where did you get this your information that x5 and 5.1plus are different phones?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:09pm On May 04, 2019
Please, Nokia launched two phones, Nokia 5.1 without notch and battery at 2970mah and helio p18 processor and then Nokia 5.1plus or X5 with helio p60 processor, notch and battery at 3060mah battery. Dont confuse them...
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:11pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:
14nm processing more power efficient than 12nm processing?

Bros just go buy the Redmi 7 or Note 7 so we no go discuss this topic again.. mediatek have not been great but give credit where it's due.
hmm
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 11:16pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

please where did you get this your information that x5 and 5.1plus are different phones?
Don't you know that the X5 which is the chinese version was launched first in Asia and it was launched with limited LTE bands and without google (and it's properties) before they then decided to launch 5.1 plus which is the global version for every continent with every LTE band and the android one showing at it's back. Check, you will see nokia x5 at 48k and then nokia 5.1 plus at 68k
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:18pm On May 04, 2019
Prechy2836:
Bros YouTube is there for a reason.. my previous device was a SD820 2016 flagship and I can't really notice too much difference with the P60.. Even when playing PUBG the highest I could go was HD graphics with high FPS on both devices..
I brought up a comparison based on power efficiency, that is how long the battery lasts, we are not comparing every facet of the processor, just power, battery, no dey shift goalpost
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

Don't you know that the X5 which is the chinese version was launched first in Asia and it was launched with limited LTE bands and without google (and it's properties) before they then decided to launch 5.1 plus which is the global version for every continent with every LTE band and the android one showing at it's back. Check, you will see nokia x5 at 48k and then nokia 5.1 plus at 68k
hmm, abeg give me one site let me check all these your facts, cos all the sites I've checked have shown me "Nokia X5(5.1plus)".
How does that now mean that X5 and 5.1plus are different devices?
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 11:27pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

hmm
i decided to leave that out because in actual comparism, you can't even compare sd636 with sd625 all round, but you just decided to be comparing it with helio p60 that is even used for comparism with the sd660, is it good. baba check yt and understand better. To be frank, it's because this X5 is below 50k, that's why you people are under valuing it

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 11:32pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

hmm, abeg give me one site let me check all these your facts, cos all the sites I've checked have shown me "Nokia X5(5.1plus)".
How does that now mean that X5 and 5.1plus are different devices?
Use quora and youtube. X5 and 5.1 plus became the same thing after the pie update, i have been following this particular nokia X5 since, even on facebook self. Believe me, or you can start reading from page 1 of this thread and the other nokia thread
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

i decided to leave that out because in actual comparism, you can't even compare sd636 with sd625 all round, but you just decided to be comparing it with helio p60 that is even used for comparism with the sd660, is it good. baba check yt and understand better. To be frank, it's because this X5 is below 50k, that's why you people are under valuing it
x5 is a good phone with a lot of compromises to cut cost, many reviewers complained about the screen, the camera is virtually a disaster in low light, the screen is 720p, no 4k recording, the speaker on high volume becomes annoying with numerous crackles and so many others. However, many users on this thread won't look at all this before buying a phone. The phone was intentionally sold at that price, HMD made no mistakes.
The phone is good but those overhyping are wrong, imagine comparing helio p60 to sd660 yet virtually none of them has used a sd660 phone. The Nokia phone with sd660, Nokia 7 plus is over 80k ahn ahn but Redmi note 7 is 66900 o.
Well Nokia x5 is a good phone, a very good one but it has compromises
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by IKON360(m): 11:45pm On May 04, 2019
Bright12660:

Use quora and youtube. X5 and 5.1 plus became the same thing after the pie update, i have been following this particular nokia X5 since, even on facebook self. Believe me, or you can start reading from page 1 of this thread and the other nokia thread
but that's what I typed here before you, Prechy and Mizik started correcting up and down, they are the same underclocked helio p60, at 1.8ghz. If it was the full 2.0ghz the phone will trounce x6 which is bad for marketing
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 11:57pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

but that's what I typed here before you, Prechy and Mizik started correcting up and down, they are the same underclocked helio p60, at 1.8ghz. If it was the full 2.0ghz the phone will trounce x6 which is bad for marketing
Nokia released X5 first for the Chinese market (with no android one branding or Gapps cos Google is banned in China) with P60 clocked at 2.0ghz and limited (major Chinese) LTE bands then later launched the global version (5.1plus) with P60 clocked at 1.8ghz and all global LTE bands.. So the X5 has the fully capable P60. Since what we got was X5 (that's why all the write in the box, manuals and what not all in Chinese language) was flashed with global rom here we are..

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Bright12660(m): 11:57pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

x5 is a good phone with a lot of compromises to cut cost, many reviewers complained about the screen, the camera is virtually a disaster in low light, the screen is 720p, no 4k recording, the speaker on high volume becomes annoying with numerous crackles and so many others. However, many users on this thread won't look at all this before buying a phone. The phone was intentionally sold at that price, HMD made no mistakes.
The phone is good but those overhyping are wrong, imagine comparing helio p60 to sd660 yet virtually none of them has used a sd660 phone. The Nokia phone with sd660, Nokia 7 plus is over 80k ahn ahn but Redmi note 7 is 66900 o.
Well Nokia x5 is a good phone, a very good one but it has compromises
Every phone has compromises, you have not used the nokia x5, but you just wrote down what you read from reviews right? Go and check Gsm Arena's reviews and opinions on note 7 from people using the phone. No one is hyping the phone, it's just that when you buy and use it for some time, you feel it's glory, and then decide to share it with people here and also give intending buyers hope. Good products sells themselves and Nokia X5 is one. I believe people here don't do hyping sha because their are some days you wouldn't see much posts in the two threads. If you want to see hyping, go and look for Tecno and Infinix threads
Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 11:59pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

I brought up a comparison based on power efficiency, that is how long the battery lasts, we are not comparing every facet of the processor, just power, battery, no dey shift goalpost
Alright "MTK chips have been known to be more power efficient than their SD counterpart" that's what started all this debate so who shift the goal post

1 Like

Re: Nokia Users, Get In Here!!! by Prechy2836(m): 12:05am On May 05, 2019
IKON360:

to show you actually dont know what you are saying, helio p60 is actually a more capable processor than the snapdragon 636 in Nokia 6.1, however if x5 is clocked at the full capacity, it will be faster and better than sd636, so to avoid shooting themselves in the feet, the helio p60 was underclocked.
Also, the x5 and 5.1plus are the exact same Devices but for different markets, check gsmarena, smartprix, 91mobiles, amazon.in, gadgetsnow or any other site
Thank you...
Go and check the speed test between X6 and X5 from our very own henry007..
X5 has its own pros and cons so does the X6 if you want better display, better Camera better ram and ROM X6 is there all these are just what I call marketing Them no go sell another phone??

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (127) (Reply)

LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread / The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Lovely Text Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.