Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,730 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:51 AM

The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians (31868 Views)

The Evil Called Atheism! / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
superhumanist:

I smell 419
Your nose is too near your stinking buttocks. You are smelling your own con of innocent highly effective religions.

While you waste your time robbing people of their spiritual blessings, the world's largest stadiums are filled to capacity and thousands of DECENT people are prepared to worship JESUS outside these stadiums for many long hours.

They experience the joy, the healing, the blessing, the wisdom and many more benefits that is totally lacking in ATHEISM.
The atheists deity called NO-god has NOTHING to offer.

Take my free advice, GO FLY A KITE FISH.

2 Likes

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Your nose is too near your stinking buttocks. You are smelling your own con of innocent highly effective religions.

While you waste your time robbing people of their spiritual blessings, the world's largest stadiums are filled to capacity and thousands of DECENT people are prepared to worship JESUS outside these stadiums for many long hours.

They experience the joy, the healing, the blessing, the wisdom and many more benefits that is totally lacking in ATHEISM.
The atheists deity called NO-god has NOTHING to offer.

Take my free advice, GO FLY A KITE FISH.

Did 4evergod tell you this? cheesy
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 2:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Ok. I would like to help you get the best deal for your order.
How much do you want to pay maximum for your order.
I want to pay so little so I can retail at 1000 Naira with 10-20 profit. If I can make that profit selling at 500, even better.
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
budaatum:

I want to pay so little so I can retail at 1000 Naira with 10-20 profit. If I can make that profit selling at 500, even better.
You will make profit, there is a high demand based on Google Keyword Analysis.

You must find the best wholesaler dude.

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:
You will make profit, there is a high demand based on Google Keyword Analysis.

You must find the best wholesaler dude.
What does Google Keyword Analysis say about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Anas09: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
ScienceWatch:
LMAO, remember be wary of men who think too much, they always loose themselves.

Too much thinking has brought atheists to believe they were once fish. Lol.
True.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 11:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

This question is not directed to me, but please permit me to address it.

Olodumare does not mostly interfare in the affair of humankind. What do we need him for when we have our Ori (personal deity) and Orisha as extention. Eledumare can be classified as Deistic God. There is nothing like Ojúbo Eleduare, except some Orisha shrine. Therefore, Eledumare can be exonerated from evil act.

Freewill is the basic foundation of ATS. It is peculiar before physical existence. Before birth, we freely choose our destiny (Orin/ipin) in the abode of Ajala. Whatever we tend to do in physical life is a mirror of our existence in spiritual realm (iponri).

Those who chose Ori rere will be prosperous while those who chose Ori buburu will become impoverish. But from what I learnt, Ori búburú has to do with bad behaviour. This is why Yoruba say, ti mo ba de ajule Orun, nibi a n gbe yan ori, rere ni ma yan (if I return to the spiritual world, in the place where Destiny can be chosen, I will pick the good one). This implies that the harmony of good and evil are what makes existence continual.
Foly, I hope you don't mind my borrowing. It is rather apt.

butterflylion:

You are being set up. Do not say I did not warn you.

He is already inviting an antagonist to this thread to counter you. He does not wish to learn. He wishes to expose you and what you stand for as falsehood and confused.

His modus operandi precedes him. If he tells you to stand, you run. Such is how his mind works steadily.

Do not be misled by his subtlety. The end is always the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by vaxx: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2018
budaatum:
Foly, I hope you don't mind my borrowing. It is rather apt.

this one thing i like about u.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 11:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
vaxx:
this one thing i like about u.
Only one thing? I bera te pa mo 'se!
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by vaxx: 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
budaatum:

Only one thing? I bera te pa mo 'se!
i like u bro......in ScienceWatch voice. '' budaatum the most advanced atheist ''

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 12:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
vaxx:
i like u bro......in ScienceWatch voice. '' budaatum the most advanced atheist ''
And you honorable VAXX are the worlds most balanced philosopher.
SALUTE !!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2018
superhumanist:

I smell 419
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by rekinomtla(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Beware of atheists, science has shown they have a deep hatred of a being they apparently don't believe exists. Mental illness or not, these people need help.

rekinomtla:
Nothing infuriates the atheists more than God. In fact the vast majority of atheists hated and blamed God for the tragic events in the their life when they were theists. I've even heard atheists confess this.

This most likely lead to their conversion to atheism, which is unfortunate since their disbelief is primarily based on emotion rather than reason. Which makes it impossible to have a rational discussion with atheists regarding the very issues that made them hate God (eg. problem of evil, morality, etc.).

Atheists have in fact subconscious, accepted the two tenets of atheism:

Several studies have even supported the fact that atheists implicitly believe in God, for instance, in a study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, researchers found that anger towards God was common amongst religious individuals during their lifetime.

In addition the team also found that anger towards God was even more common among those unaffiliated with religion, those who identify as atheists and agnostics. The study was conducted by a team of researchers lead by Julie Exline, a psychologist at Case Western Reserve University. Exline provides the following comments regarding the study:

"We are particularly interested in the issue of whether anger toward God might lead to decreased belief in God’s existence. Our interest was piqued by an early study of anger toward God among undergraduates (Exline et al., 1999), which revealed a counterintuitive finding: Those who reported no belief in God reported more grudges toward God than believers. At first glance, this finding seemed to reflect an error. How could people be angry with God if they did not believe in God? Reanalyses of a second dataset (Exline, Fisher, Rose, & Kampani, 2004; Kampani & Exline, 2002) revealed similar patterns: Those who endorsed their religious beliefs as “atheist/agnostic” or “none/unsure” reported more anger toward God than those who reported a religious affiliation"

Note, the results corroborates with previous studies and with the results of a second dataset. Exline and her team also found that atheists who abandon their belief in God due to their animosity toward God were less likely to return to the faith they left.

"Further analyses identified a group of conflicted believers (or slipping believers), all of whom had previously believed that God exists (or might exist) but no longer believed at the time of the study. When compared with believers, these individuals reported more anger toward God. These findings raised the question of whether anger might actually affect belief in God’s existence, an idea in line with Novotni and Petersen’s (2001) clinical descriptions of emotional atheism"

This so called "emotional atheism" is something I have personally witness when a friend of mine renounced God because of a tragic event in his life. He would later abandon atheism, when I asked him why, he said "I was never really an atheist, even though I proclaimed atheism, my reasons were entirely emotional, not rational. I think subconscious I still believed in God, although my emotions prevented me from admitting it, looking back at it now I realize atheism never made sense to me logically speaking, it only made sense emotionally."

While another study undertook by team of researchers from the University of Finland, found that atheists become "emotionally aroused" when they dared God to do horrible things, like for example daring God to strike them down.

Perhaps suggesting that they subconsciously believe in God.

In this study, atheists and religious participants were both hooked up to skin conductance machines, which was use to determine the level of stress each participant experience when daring God. The team reported the following:

"In the first study, reading the provocations addressed to God increased atheists’ emotional arousal more than reading neutral statements about such things as sleep and weather. Second, God statements resulted in equal tension among atheists as reading the offensive statements (e.g.,“It’s okay to kick a puppy in the face”). Third, this same pattern of results was obtained for religious individuals. The results indicate that compared to their conviction and responses on the self-report measure, atheists’ implicit reactions to the God statements were more similar to the reactions of religious individuals."

They later go on to say:

"When reading the God statements in Study 2, atheists experienced greater emotional arousal than when reading the offensive statements. Moreover, when reading the God statements, atheists’ emotional arousal in creased as much as did religious individuals’ arousal. Atheists also refused to say aloud the God statements, and they felt the need to undo the statements equally often as religious individuals did, although neither group refused to say statements very often or retracted statements very often."

Again suggesting atheists implicitly believe in God. It is interesting to note that studies have also found that religious people are more happier than the non-religious. This is basically why It's isn't particularly difficult to find unhappy,angry atheists online, even here on nairaland.

In fact just recently an infuriated atheist viciously attacked me with insults,even though he misread the post he was responding to. I think this represents a clear example of how hatred can cloud our judgment and reasoning, had my accuser controlled his anger and emotion he would have not misread my post and responded with such profanity.

I'm am sure, had these unbelievers been able to get their hands on me, they would take out their anger on me by physically harming me. Fortunately enough I am far away from them, leaving them with only two options - attack with abusive words or mock in groups. In other words, cyber bully me into silence. This is all done to prevent me or anyone else from criticizing atheism. Atheists will even attempt to get hold of your personal information so that can use it, and you guess it - to mock and abuse you.

Don't take my words lightly, atheists do really hate you and have no respect for because you not an atheist. If you were murdered tomorrow, atheists would happily use pictures of your deceased body when mocking those who mourn your death if they had the opportunity to do so. If you died in the tragic Anambra church massacre, your death would have been used as an opportunity to mock religion.Graphic images of your body will be nothing but playing cards to atheists, who will used them to mock theists.

Right now in North Korea, where hatred of God is pervasive, everyday many religious individuals are harassed, mocked and violently subjugated by atheists simply because they not atheists. In this atheist state, religion is despised and hated similar to how religion was view by the former Soviet Union.

Therefore Christians when you travel, always try to avoid entering atheist/islamic states, but if you must be extremely cautious, hatred of you and your beliefs is rampant as the Lord said it would be, and your life is in danger.

But fear not believers, we have the truth on our side. Even if every country becomes an atheist/islamic state one day, and we are persecuted (and we will be), always remember we have the truth on our side.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 10:55am On Jun 08, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Why do you enjoy misrepresenting people by trying to force your own view to reality when your view is clearly wrong.

Here you are trying to use my thread to cite an example and claim I shot myself with the thread when I rather showed you how you cannot and will never be able to remove objectivity from a premise that has already been set out of which other inferences have been drawn. As long as there was a foundation already given then subjectivity dies as the premise already gave the pedestal to objectivity.

The thread actually highlighted the ease with with you and fellow atheists can be easily so close minded that you would never be able to see objectivity even when it is a fat red man dressed in a lemon coloured jacket and sitting right in front of you.

Kindly stop misrepresenting me and trying to force your views on people despite them being wrong, and trying to make my thread what you "think" it was when on same thread you were the one who couldn't see beyond your nose of subjectivity.

This comment was just to clear the air and also clear your fogged up mind. I will not respond if you reply. I do not like people when they deliberately want to misrepresent people just to make themselves look right when they are wrong.
Why do you so enjoy misrepresenting yourself?

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by MuttleyLaff: 6:50am On Jun 09, 2018
budaatum:
What you saying muttley?
That the morals of the father and daughter described above is wired into their DNA provided they are Christians, as butter is saying?

MuttleyLaff:
The sense to know, what behaviour is right and what behaviour is wrong
Conscience, whoever you are, is hardwired in all

budaatum:
conscience
ˈkɒnʃ(ə)ns/ noun
a person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour.

So, a person (who by mere virtue is subjective) has a moral sense of right and wrong that is hardwired?
[img]https://s1/images/Conscience1.jpg[/img]
Yes, that is absolutely correct bud
a person has a moral sense of right and wrong that is hardwired

Just has people dont always have good success
so people dont always have a good or blameless conscience though

People can also have a conscience that's being seared
People equally can be desensitized and lack good conscience, having lost the hardwired/inborn/intuitive moral sense of right and wrong.
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by budaatum: 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Yes, that is absolutely correct bud
a person has a moral sense of right and wrong that is hardwired
So, morality is not a learned thing, according to you, and the verses quoted?

MuttleyLaff:
]Just has people dont always have good success
so people dont always have a good or blameless conscience though
Are you saying consciousness, morality and one's success are hardwired? Do you mean they are determined before one is actually born?

MuttleyLaff:
People can also have a conscience that's being seared
People equally can be desensitized and lack good conscience, having lost the hardwired/inborn/intuitive moral sense of right and wrong.
Do you mean by this that a bad conscience, as in one that may not see murder as bad, can be hardwired into one before birth? Or that they lost the good consciousness that was hardwired and a new but bad one replaced it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2018
rekinomtla:
Beware of atheists, science has shown they have a deep hatred of a being they apparently don't believe exists. Mental illness or not, these people need help.

Christians say that lying is a sin. But they do love to lie about atheists

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Anas09:

True.
Have You heard, a student asked his professor, "Sir, why can't atheists solve exponential equations.??

His prof replied, "It is because they don't believe in HIGHER POWERS."
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Anas09: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Have You heard, a student asked his professor, "Sir, why can't atheists solve exponential equations.??

His prof replied, "It is because they don't believe in HIGHER POWERS."
Hahahahahahahahaha. That settles it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Anas09:

In TV quiz an atheist contestant was asked, "Why did the atheist CROSS the road.?
The contestant cofidently answered, " The atheist thought there must be a street on the other side, but can never believe it until he has tested his hypothesis.
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by ScienceWatch: 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Anas09:

In TV quiz an atheist contestant was asked, "Why did the atheist CROSS the road.?
The contestant cofidently answered, " The atheist thought there must be a street on the other side, but can never believe it until he has tested his hypothesis."
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by MuttleyLaff: 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Interesting. Watershed moment
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
ScienceWatch:
The contestant cofidently answered, " The atheist thought there must be a street on the other side, but can never believe it until he has tested his hypothesis."

That is a smart atheist.

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by MuttleyLaff: 10:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
budaatum:
So, morality is not a learned thing, according to you, and the verses quoted?
Morality, is about good and bad behaviour.
Conscience, on the other hand, is intuition, the capacity, as it were, without being learned or taught, to instinctively know, right from wrong.

budaatum:
Are you saying consciousness, morality and one's success are hardwired?
Do you mean they are determined before one is actually born?
Let me make myself clearer, I implied that conscience is hardwired into the psyche
Morality, if you want to put it into the equation, is a product of conscience

When I talked about "good success", it was done in a comparative sense that there is good conscience (i.e. conscience that hasn't gone bad), same way, we have good success and bad success

budaatum:
Do you mean by this that a bad conscience,
as in one that may not see murder as bad, can be hardwired into one before birth?
To a high degree, possibly could be

budaatum:
Or that they lost the good consciousness that was hardwired and a new but bad one replaced it?
Everyone has this still small voice, inner voice or voice within, that bears witness to what is wrong or right.
The voice can get embroiled and lose out to a cacophony of deafening other voices
and thereafter render whatever it is that was originally being sent out become bad
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by rekinomtla(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
superhumanist:

Christians say that lying is a sin. But they do love to lie about atheists

While atheists consider lying to morality ok, explains why they lie so much.

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 3:46am On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

While atheists consider lying to morality ok, explains why they lie so much.

Yet another Christian lie about atheists.
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by Heathen777(m): 3:50am On Jun 10, 2018
The countries mentioned like North Korea, isn't the conventionally atheist country, as they worship their leader as a God.

Most atheist countries, are highly humanitarian, support human rights and basic liberty, as opposed to highly religious countries like Syria, Middle East,....and most African nations.

Suicide rates are higher, but that's just a piece of the picture, the plus side to this is that they have far fewer murders, instability and crime than these religious countries I mentioned. I'd rather live in such countries where suicide rates are high and crime is low, than countries where suicide rates are low but crime is high.

Not believing in an unproven god isn't a mental disorder.... believing in talking snakes, woman made of ribs, man walking on water, little evil devils causing metal disorders is actually highly synonymous to signs of someone with mental disorder,
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by rekinomtla(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Yet another Christian lie about atheists.

Not a lie if I believe what I'm saying is true, which is the case. Atheists however know many things they claim about theism is false but continue to make the same false claims anyway, thereby deliberately lying for atheism. (eg that theists believe there's an invisible man in the sky).

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

Not a lie if I believe what I'm saying is true, which is the case. Atheists however know many things they claim about theism is false but continue to make the same false claims anyway, thereby deliberately lying for atheism. (eg that theists believe there's an invisible man in the sky).

Even more lies.

Atheists expose the rubbish that is done in the name of religion. There is no need to lie against theists or religion when we have pastors and imams messing up daily.
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by rekinomtla(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Even more lies.

Atheists expose the rubbish that is done in the name of religion. There is no need to lie against theists or religion when we have pastors and imams messing up daily.

Yet atheists still lie all the time.

Here's just a couple of lies atheist often use and spread when converting their gullible followers:

- Jesus was based on pagan deities such as Mithra, Horus, etc who also die and resurrected after 3 days, were born of virgins, etc.
- Christianity suppressed science and caused the dark ages.
- Millions of scientists were tortured and excuted by the church because of their science. Galileo supposedly an example of this.
- the catholic church believed and taught that the earth was flat and killed those who said otherwise.
- Spanish inquisition killed millions.
- atheism is not a belief
- No one was ever killed in the name of atheism.
- theists believe God is an invisible man in the sky.
- mythicism is growing in the scholarly world.
- the new testament was written hundreds of years after Jesus.
- and religion has caused more harm than technology seems to be their newest lie.

Seems like they do have a need for lies.

1 Like

Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by superhumanist(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
rekinomtla:

Yet atheists still lie all the time.

Here's just a couple of lies atheist often use and spread when converting their gullible followers:

- Jesus was based on pagan deities such as Mithra, Horus, etc who also die and resurrected after 3 days, were born of virgins, etc.
- Christianity suppressed science and caused the dark ages.
- Millions of scientists were tortured and excuted by the church because of their science. Galileo supposedly an example of this.
- the catholic church believed and taught that the earth was flat and killed those who said otherwise.
- Spanish inquisition killed millions.
- atheism is not a belief
- No one was ever killed in the name of atheism.
- theists believe God is an invisible man in the sky.
- mythicism is growing in the scholarly world.
- the new testament was written hundreds of years after Jesus.
- and religion has caused more harm than technology seems to be their newest lie.

Seems like they do have a need for lies.

Patewo.

I clap for you. You do know our atheist talking points.

We do say some of the things you listed there and some are actually true
Re: The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians by rekinomtla(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
superhumanist:

Patewo.

I clap for you. You do know our atheist talking points.

We do say some of the things you listed there and some are actually true

Such as?

Nice to see you acknowledge lies atheist spread. First step out of anti-theism.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

‘my Pastor Husband Conspired To Sacrifice Me For Ritual’- Wife (photo) / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / "A Mad Man Told Me To Buy Fuel After My Car Broke Down" - Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.