Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents (9262 Views)

Sincere Adherents Of Abrahamic Religions, Why Bother? / The Mental Disorder Called Atheism. Must Read For All Nairaland Christians / Top Religions In Nigeria And The Numbers Of Their Adherents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2020
As the name suggests, this thread is my own simple way of trying to help religious people be free of their mental bondage that has been compounded over years.
These group of Indoctrinated Religious adherents include but not limited to:
Christians, Muslims, Hindu's, Juduiasm, Traditionalists, etc

According to Wikipedia:
Indoctrination is the process of inculcating a person with ideas, attitudes, cognitive strategies or professional methodologies (see doctrine).[1] Humans are a social animal inescapably shaped by cultural context, and thus some degree of indoctrination is implicit in the parent–child relationship, and has an essential function in forming stable communities of shared values.

Still going further,

Religious indoctrination, the original sense of indoctrination, refers to a process of imparting doctrine in an authoritative way, as in catechism. Most religious groups among the revealed religions instruct new members in the principles of the religion; this is now not usually referred to as indoctrination by the religions themselves, in part because of the negative connotations the word has acquired. Mystery religions require a period of indoctrination before granting access to esoteric knowledge. (cf. Information security)

As a pejorative term, indoctrination implies forcibly or coercively causing people to act and think on the basis of a certain ideology.[4] Some secular critics believe that all religions indoctrinate their adherents, as children, and the accusation is made in the case of religious extremism.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2020
Drawing from the above explanation, I will now go on to expand as well as explain how indoctrination works, and why every religion works only with indoctrination as its core weapon as it is the easiest to utilize.
Remember, indoctrination can be used in other aspects of life aside religion, but the focus here is mainly religion.
Please feel free to ask your questions.

So, before I dive right in to the topic, let's take a look at some of the non-religious indoctrinations we witness everyday.

1) North Koreans are taught from birth to believe everything their leader says or does as the right thing, and cannot be questioned because he is the Supreme Leader. In fact, citizens are allowed to have a certain number of hair cuts as approved by their Supreme Leader.
To them, every other thing happening in the rest of the world is a lie. Non-adherence to this rules means death for everyone in the family.
Result: The whole country became his sheeple to do with as he pleases. Don't even try to talk bad of him because, death to all family members.
The long term effect, children are bred from childhood to obey their ruler very strictly, and his words are their commands. Citizens are not allowed to leave the country except you are the leaders sister.
In this type of society, speaking your mind or trying to stand up to your government is impossible because you will be risking the life of not just your own, but every family member you have. So, people fall in line.
However, are there people who have revolted? Sure. Where are they? Dead or ran away.

2) Germany:
How did Hitler get Most Germans to commit despicable acts against humanity?
Well incase you didn't know, all he had to do after being made leader was make German economy one of the best, if not the best and then start the propaganda that Germans are the only pure white race, and that others are tainted.
In other words, to convince his followers, he appealed to their ego. With time, the propaganda grew, and why will you be against your leader saying that you are the master pure race right? Everything as at the time of the propaganda supported his claim. That was all he needed to start his ethnic cleansing and land grabbing.
People like to be made to feel they are special, and this worked for him.

3) Terrorists:
How do they get their recruits all the time? A lot of people usually think most terrorists are faith adherents, but that's not entirely true. I agree that majority are faith adherents of a particular religious group, but few are not. There have been white, black, Oriental and Indian terrorists.
So, how do they do it? They prey on persons at their weak points and offer them compensation for their efforts. It's not really rocket science.
If someone is planning to commit suicide, and you rather convince them to do it in a big way against a perceived enemy for the right compensation to your family, the argument will be really worth considering.
Some others are born into it and don't know any other type of life. Yes, they don't know any other form of life to live aside being terrorists as it is what makes them matter. All the indoctrinator needs to find is what motivates you. Remember, they use well trained psychologists to do this.
Others are forced into it to escape their perceived miserable lives.
However, do you think someone who values their life will be willing to be a terrorist? I doubt it.

4)Militia Groups:
Why do people join militia groups? Because they believe they are fighting a just cause.
If your homeland is continuously threatened, ravaged and ransacked at will by invaders everytime, and you were convinced the only way to safeguard your home, people and resources is to join a militia group, you would be more willing to join. However, if there is peace, and everything you value is not threatened in anyway, will the person be willing to join such group? The answer is no. In other words, circumstances create causal factors that makes people alter their normal self to align and survive.

5) Cultists:
Despite the perceived ills of cultism and we'll documented violence associated with the social vice, has it slowed down youths from aspiring to become members? No.
The question is why? Why is it that despite the heavy crackdowns, killings, societal hatred towards members,etc, the phenomenon has continued to go on?
It is a means to a purpose for a lot of people. You will be surprised at how many people that lack self-esteem who believes it is an escapist avenue. After all, in groups, a lot can be achieved than by an individual.
Like the militia groups, all they need is something to convince prospective members with and hold them down with it. People have been forcefully made in their room and that convinced afterwards that they are members officially and cannot do anything about it rather than join. The fear of repercussions alone is enough to get anyone rethink and obey.

Most of the time, repercussions of not being among is the driving factor for indoctrination, and while people decide to conform to things they wouldn't normally conform to.
You will be surprised at the number of non-religious people who act religiously because their society has given them no other option.

9 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:11am On Apr 08, 2020
Coming to our own palance here in Nigeria, let's look at some of the forms of coded indoctrinations:

Have you ever wondered why every form to be filled in our country requests for your religion?
What about applying and getting a job for government or private? What about entering into higher institutions in which recommendation letters are requested?
What about in your community? Have you taken time to observe the way different religious groups interact?

In Nigeria, the subtle religious indoctrination format is "We v Them".

As a southerner, I can't claim to know everything about my history, but from the little i have researched, Christianity worked well in this part because our ancestors then we're enticed with gifts and the likes, especially the poor and lazy.
How can you for instance, convince someone that has large bans of yam, has many wives and children with enough farm produce to last year's to abandon their god whom they believed have been providing everything they needed to make bountiful harvest? You can't, it's impossible.
So, they courted the poor, lazy and despised in those societies, fed them, clothed them and allowed them work for them to earn money. They gave them the easy life while telling them they have a loving father above who sent them to come and save them.
Remember, Easterners already believed in Olisa, the allfather whom they believe that smaller god's like Amadioha, etc intercede to on their behalf. So, it was easy to convince them.
Names like "Chukwu" and the "chi" in the last names of most Igbo people are results of this early conversions, which is a total transliteration of original Igbo names. Yes, those names are not original Igbo names. The last surviving original Igbo names are few now, and can only be seen in Surnames.
This is why some of our more educated sons are crying that our language is dying, but a lot of people don't understand. I can authoritatively tell you that majority of Igbo people cannot speak Igbo Language without adding English to it. That's how bad it is.

Now back to course, the same approach didn't work in the North because,well, the Christians came late to the party in the North. I don't know much about Islam, but from the little i have read about Usman and his brother Abdullahi Dan Fodio, they used violence to achieve their aim, with Usman's son Bello and Abdullahi the chief War Executors of Usman's new religious convictions. They conquered the indigenous people and converted the willing to Islam.
I have read controversial accounts that they never forced their conquered to subscribe to Islam. But, that's by the way. However, as a conquered, how do you get to have a say in the affairs of your land if you don't align right?

So, now to the main topic of indoctrination. How does indoctrination work? How do you recognize you have been indoctrinated? How can you lose your indoctrination?
Now, the main reason that motivated me into opening this thread is because of my experience mostly, and due to the type of threads I keep seeing in this religious section of Nairaland.

One of the first things i realised in the early days after I rediscovered myself in 2014 was that I have been robbed of my childhood and 23yrs of my life.
You know, most people don't even realize that religion is the highest form of addiction anyone can cling to, and it is the most difficult to let go/quit as it forms part of your life, your everyday interaction, it forms part of your immediate environment and of course, the mother of it all is that almost everyone else is doing it.

Yes, that's the most difficult part of it; almost everyone else you know is part of it, so it must be right, isn't ? But, the fact that everyone is doing it doesn't make it right or even wrong to say, just that you cannot afford to be the aberrant.
For example, have you tried voicing an uncommon opinion among popular opinions? That is how it is with living with people who are all subscribers to a common opinion, afraid that that uncommon opinion is going to make them look bad or seem wrong. Oh, you don't know how much people love being unchallenged.

However, this thread is meant to challenge the perversing popular opinions with common sense and reason. This is because, for indoctrinated religious adherents, reason is not part of the equation.
In other words, for Indoctrination to work with respect to religion, reason has to be destroyed!

For a person who reasons cannot be indoctrinated, and a person who reasons cannot be allowed to flourish because people who reason end up dominating. After all, reasoning involves deep rational thinking.

A man who observes that his wife is promiscuous and that the children are behaving in ways he thinks creates doubts in him will always like to be sure, and will definitely want to do paternity test to be sure. For such man, you can't tell him to rely on blind faith on something that is verifiable. It's a simple stuff.

Religious indoctrination required ultimate adherence with no question but just blind faith. This is why people will believe a donkey can talk because it is in their religious book, but will not believe that a snake swallowed millions of Naira because it is not in their religious book, and it is against their sense of reasoning.

10 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:12am On Apr 08, 2020
Who is easier to convince between this two:
A child or a 18yr old who has never been a religious adherent to any of the known religious groups?
Now, let's move on to the process of Indoctrination. How does indoctrination work?
Every indoctrination follows this methodologies:

1. Start while they’re young.

This is why I asked the above question. Given the choice, majority of people will not have been religious. Children with their innocent seeking mind are bombarded with religious doctrines from childhood, forced to cram pages and pages of books they don't even understand. In their schools, a particular subject is set aside to continue from where their religious groups stopped. As children who are not aware of anything, they begin to believe what they are told everyday and what they are forced to repeat are true.
I have seen children talking about the bible with little to no understanding of what they are doing. One child says "our teacher said", and another "our pastor said". For children, it is a matter of who said what and who didn't say what.
I weep, because I know this children are being forced to regurgitate something they cannot even begin to understand even as adults. They have been forced to believe mere hearsay as fact, to think that fantasies are are reality. The funny thing is that, the people teaching them this things also believe this things to be true, which even compounds the problem more. After all, one cannot give what they don't have.
Everywhere this children look, they get the confirmation bias. Nothing at all to make them believe otherwise... With the global enshrining of Christmas, things are compounded more because almost everyone is doing it.
How do you expect such a child to not also believe, after all the parents, siblings and everyone they know are doing it genuinely.
It is hard, so the indoctrination is so much easier to perpetuate because everyone else is doing it.
it is a well known fact.
But, as adults, sooner or later, you grow out of it, especially if starts interfering with your personal activities but still hang around cuz of the society you are in. However, deep in the mind, you know you don't feel anything for it.
They found a way to still cricumvent round traditional practices, making it ingrained in their adherents that not being one of them now means total seclusion.
Being social beings, not being part of the things that now form part of your daily activities becomes hard to quit because you now do it to please and to avoid seclusion...So, as a grown up, you realise that you literally cannot do without this group that has being part of life since birth, even gave you your name.
Everything becomes more difficult when you realise that everyone around you is into it, and you don't want to be the abberation, the outcast.
So, the child ends up being part of the group. But lifestyle wise, they soon realise that they can combine both.
They start justifying their acts in line with their beliefs. They do things against their beliefs, but in secret because it cannot be known to others last they chastise and despise them. So, the excuses, justifications finally become part of the lifestyle and they are meant to believe that their religious being which they worship will always forgive them if they go to him. Everything is now justified and modified to suit the ever growing adventurous mind because they are key to it all.
The child is now an adult, becomes part of the ruse.

2. Create the illusion of political freedom.

3. Use simplistic stereotypes to sway public opinion.

4. Mix facts with lies.

5. A big lie is more convincing than a small lie.

6. Give the masses “bread and circuses” to keep them well-fed and distracted.

7. Simplify complex issues by portraying them as dichotomies. Eliminate nuance.

8. Spread propaganda by all means possible.

9. Ostracize dissident voices through ridicule or defamation.

10. Faith in the correctness of a religion or ideology is more powerful than force.

11. Manipulate history records to support your religion or ideology.

12. Control different sides of the same debate and you control the outcome.

13. The masses are less swayed by reason than by stirring their emotions.

14. Drive the opposition in a corner. When they fight back, act like a victim.

15. Label all non-conformistic behavior as pathological and promote “cures” for them.

16. Use rituals and mass events to keep people occupied and strengthen their faith.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:24am On Apr 08, 2020
RELIGIOUS INDOCTRINATION
I'm going to use the above listed means of indoctrination to summarize what every religion does in a nutshell.

Every Religious outfit uses countless techniques to get new members, get its members to stay, commit themselves and take part in all their religious activities. The sum of these techniques constitutes what some people call "mind control." It's also known as "thought reform," "brainwashing" and "coercive persuasion," and it involves the systematic breakdown of a person's sense of self, including his ability to reason and use his common sense.
Every religion implores this tactics to keep their hold on their adherents. They include:

1) Religion uses Ad Populum to fester and grow. Ad populum means playing to the gallery.
What does this entail? Literally, what this means is that, "If many believe so, it is so".
According to Wikipedia, the other names for Argumentum Ad populum are/include:
- appeal to common belief,
- appeal to the majority,
- appeal to the masses,
- appeal to popularity,
- argument by consensus,
- authority of the many,
- bandwagon fallacy,
- consensus gentium (Latin for "agreement of the people"wink.

One example is this post i quoted below:
southniyikaye:

your main target was Christianity but you just have to beat around the bush to prove a point that doesn't exist.
How do you come into existence?
You see, if I plant maize, and someone saw me when I cultivated, planted, watered, put fertilizer, prevent it from insects and then harvested and sell.
This person was of the opinion that I lied and might wanna manipulate when I told him I can harvest an acre of corn from just maybe two bulb or whatever it is called then he start documenting and taking pictures through those time and even called people to witness it so he can have witnesses, that was how Christianity was given birth to.
From onset, there were witnesses and documentations to corraborate the story.
I have never seen anyone who came out and plainly and convincingly say, Christianity was a lie, Jesus christ didn't come, miracles were never performed, there is no heaven.
The fact that you didn't see God or you don't know how he came to be doesn't mean there is no God.
Firstly, I want you to explain to me
How you came to be
How you were able to grow, you should be stunted.
The air you breath
How you were even able to move, grow, eat without refueling the air you breath in.
See, any reasonable adult should know when someone is telling the truth and if Infact that's actually the truth.
While growing I was told God exist, Jesus exist, and they gave me the Bible to corraborate such stories but I took time to know if those were true, I confirmed it and it set me free.
To even tell you to repent though to you might be a waste of time but pls try to repent.
I will like you to give me some real questions to prove to you God exist
This post is the typical example of bandwagon effect.
I think i only made one post or thereabout before he made the post.
He didn't even understand what the thread is all about, he didn't even wait to know every detail, he didn't also comment on what is actually posted on the thread before commenting before he jumped in to comment.
I took my time to address everything he said, and asked him some questions, he disappeared.
Another poster here also raised one of the issue's i asked him earlier. That question for emphasis is, how did you confirm what you were told as a child is true when you became an adult? He replied with this:
southniyikaye:
Corithians 1:18-25
18 The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise
and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”[e]

20 So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish. 21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom, he has used our foolish preaching to save those who believe. 22 It is foolish to the Jews, who ask for signs from heaven. And it is foolish to the Greeks, who seek human wisdom. 23 So when we preach that Christ was crucified, the Jews are offended and the Gentiles say it’s all nonsense.

24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles,[f] Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength

Now how do I corroborate what the Bible says?
At the mention of the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, that name saved me on countless occasions, come face to face with death several times and that name saved me. Go through my thread there is a confirmation there about a snake that was suppose to kill me. It even made front page.

GOD, Jesus, those are names we need in time of trouble and those have never disappointed me for once.
The fact that God gave you grace and privilege not to encounter any danger doesn't mean you should not acknowledge him.
Indoctrination is a thing we can confirm when we come of age. A Muslim will convert to Christianity when he sees the light and realize the truth so also an herbalist.

I pray one day the lord gives you a personal encounter or he visits you so you can preach his goodness to the world the same way you Re antagonizing right now.
Note the bolded and the highlighted parts of his statements.
He corroborated what he was told as a child and in the bible by again quoting the bible, repeating the exact things he has been told in the past as a child repeatedly, the exact same thing every christian religious adherents also do.
The disheartening part of it is that he doesn't even realize that that is exactly what he is doing, but he thinks he corroborated.
Playing to the gallery, appeal to common belief, bandwagon effect.
When you ask a religious adherent a question, they first quote their Religious book for you, then explain the Religious book and then expect you to believe it as they have done.
When you ask them how they communicate with their religious God, they quote their Religious book for you, give a rehearsed explanation, and expect you to believe.
When you ask them do/if they know their religious book book is affecting their sense of reasoning, they quote their Religious book for you, give you a rehearsed explanation and expect you to believe.
When you tell them they are addicted to their Religion and religious book even more than junkies, they quote their religious book for you, give you a rehearsed explanation and expect you to believe.
Do you know the funny part?

southniyikaye:

you people will read without assimilating, you just glance true without proper reading cos if you did, you will see where I said I had to confirm what I was brought up to believe!
Read and understand and stop showing ignorance
Mind you, in his first quote, he said he grew up to confirm what he was told as a child.
He is still not getting the point.

How can you for instance grow to confirm if your father is indeed your father without an independent third party (DNA TEST). Your guardians juxtaposing as your dad and mom have been telling you from childhood that they are your biological parents, and then when you grow up as an adult, you also went to them to confirm if they're your biological parents. So, when they answer you again in the affirmative, you believe it... because they are your parents. What if they adopted you? What if you are the child of their relation? What if they kidnapped/stole you from your original biological parents?
They may have done any of this and decided you will never know about it.

This person above doesn't even realize that his religious understanding are that giving him by his immediate environment, and that he is simply bearing same fruit.
His Religion has made him not realize just how ridiculous his statements and replies are because it is what is obtainable in his given environment. His idea of confirmation of previous teachings is by repetition of the same teachings:
" Jesus is lord... By the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow... I shouted Jesus during accident and he saved me...I have avoided death situations by shouting Jesus... etc, etc."
Are you seeing the pattern here? Playing to the gallery.

When you try to go deep for those who say they receive the alleged holy spirit, they tell you you also have to receive the same spirit to fully understand the word of God because God is spirit.
When you try to ask them how do they tell when the spirit is upon them, they tell you have to be in the spirit to know.
When you ask them how to be in this spirit to know, they tell you have to be in serious relationship with Jesus.
When you ask them how to be in serious relationship with Jesus, they tell you have to read the Bible.
When you ask them how do you develop serious relationship with Jesus by reading the Bible, they say you have to have the holy spirit in you because he interprets the bible and then have faith.
Are you seeing the pattern here?
This people don't even understand what they are doing, and the worst part is that they don't even know it.
Reason has been destroyed, and replaced with Religious repetitive bandwagonism.
But if at all they actually know the meaning of faith, they would know that faith applies to something that works, not something that relies on opinions of others to Keep going.

At the mention of Jesus, every knee shall bow. Really? How many times have you mentioned Jesus and seen any knee bowing in your life? Ask yourself that question, i mean it, just ask yourself that question honestly and answer it.

And the final part, they develop imaginary anger and start insulting you.
southniyikaye:
just forget all these stupid brandishing of useless thoughts that is wasps up in your head.
I won't be answering you again.
Everyone is to believe what suits him or her.
For the fact that you've maybe read some books or some things are out there that you can't seem to understand doesn't mean others should follow suit in your stupidity.
I have given you reasons why I know there is God and why I believed in Jesus.
Whatever thing you wish to hear I don't know.
I referred you to my thread and that's one of the numerous signs of his existence.
Sincerely I won't dignify you with a mention again cos you are beginning to piss me off and I won't.
Continue wallowing in your delusion.
I take my leave bro.

NO PUN INTENDED
NO INSULT MEANT.

continue with your topic or face others.
In one thread, one of them even invoked the central being of his Religious belief to curse me severally.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2020
I reserved this space to tell our people a very big secret...
I am a freethinker, and i became one after realizing that to the whites, we are probably like 30-50yrs far behind.
Our people are not even getting it, we are still living in their past.
In 1920, it is a very big deal to travel out of the country to foreign Western countries in search of greener pastures.
This is 2020, it has still remained a very big deal for anyone from our side of the divide to go there. But, to them, it is business as usual, just with their own continuous advancement.
When the first came, they used religious affiliations to penetrate our people. Today, it is still the same religious affiliation that is occurring.
In England, religion is a private thing among English people despite whatever you want to believe.
This people are living in different era's as against whatever you think, and we still don't know it.
We are living in their culture and have lost our own culture.
Our people are still very primitive that they still believe it is a big deal to marry a white person.
Up till today, we are still getting financial aids from them while they continue to see us as people in frequent need of help...

For instance, if you are quora user, you get first hand information and gossip from the ordinary white guys. You get to learn a lot, things that if you told, you will be in shock.
You get to start understanding things from their own side of the history as understood by their citizens; both skilled and unskilled, professionals and experts, including their leaders.
I have once seen The Canadian President take out time to answer a question asked him directly on the platform. It's enlightening.

Anyway, whether or not you a religious adherent, I want you to take your time and go through this link on Quora(open in app for better optimization).

https://www.quora.com/Why-doesnt-the-UK-have-televangelists-like-in-the-USA

After that, type the same question in Google when you are free and take your time to go through the results Google will provide you Viz:

Why-doesnt-the-UK-have-televangelists-like-in-the-USA?

I will love everyone that visit this thread to visit those sites.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 08, 2020
Keep reserving your foolishness... What brought about all the habits you currently posses now if not indoctrination.
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2020
Mrpsly247:
Keep reserving your foolishness... What brought about all the habits you currently posses now if not indoctrination.
Please, if you are not here to ask a question or to learn or to read and simply move on, I will love for you to not derail the thread.

Regards!!!

8 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by sexy74(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2020
Start teaching first before questions would be asked na,

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by Charleys: 8:50am On Apr 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by Stephenomozzy(m): 8:53am On Apr 08, 2020
Oga Op,

Continue Sah,

Use more of original content (your opinion)too so that you can answer questions wey go fall out. I'm already curious

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by StrikeBack(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2020
Okay

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by OtemAtum: 9:11am On Apr 08, 2020
Keep it up bro, surely they will all stop their irreligiousity las las. Being religious in this century is really constituting a nuisance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by CAPSLOCKED: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2020
THE THREAD WILL JUST BE FOR DOING SAKE BECAUSE.. YOU CAN'T FREE ANY MIND THAT DOESN'T WANT TO BE FREED.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by paxonel(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2020
Basically, all religious people including atheists themselves have been indoctrinated.

No one alive has escaped being indoctrinated, no one is monopoly of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2020
paxonel:
Basically, all religious people including atheists themselves have been indoctrinated.

No one alive has escaped being indoctrinated, no one is monopoly of knowledge.
You can't say that atheist's have been indoctrinated. Atheism simply means "non-belief in any form of god".
Remember that while some atheist's are people who quit their religious beliefs, some atheist's were born into being atheist's because their parents were non-religious adherents.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
THE THREAD WILL JUST BE FOR DOING SAKE BECAUSE..
YOU CAN'T FREE ANY MIND THAT DOESN'T WANT TO BE FREED.
You are correct bro.
However, it was on Nairaland here that I also started my journey of being emancipated. In fact, there was a thread here back then that after reading, it challenged my rationality that I had a religious overturn. I started seeing truth because i stopped allowing my sense of reasoning to be clouded by things that defied reason.

In that manner too, I believe that if someone come accross this thread, they may be able to challenge themselves too. It starts with a thought.

15 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2020
OtemAtum:
Keep it up bro, surely they will all stop their irreligiousity las las. Being religious in this century is really constituting a nuisance.
Thanks bro. They will.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:41am On Apr 08, 2020
sexy74:
Start teaching first before questions would be asked na,
I have started ooo....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Oga Op,

Continue Sah,

Use more of original content (your opinion)too so that you can answer questions wey go fall out. I'm already curious
Sure. It was my plan. Just wanted to give an introduction. cool

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by gsegun43: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2020
Following...
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by paxonel(m): 12:17pm On Apr 08, 2020
IamMichael:

You can't say that atheist's have been indoctrinated. Atheism simply means "non-belief in any form of god".
Remember that while some atheist's are people who quit their religious beliefs, some atheist's were born into being atheist's because their parents were non-religious adherents.
in either case they still have beliefs and can be indoctrinated to believe something yes or no?
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
paxonel:
in either case they still have beliefs and can be indoctrinated to believe something yes or no?
Given the right circumstances, anyone can be indoctrinated.

7 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
gsegun43:
Following...
You are welcome.
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by reigncalif1: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
ARE U SAYING THERE IS NO GOD OR ARE U IMPLYING MORE ON INDOCTRINATION ?BECAUSE EVEN WITHOUT INDOCTRINATION PEOPLE CAN STILL GROW AND START ASKING QUESTION LIKE
HOW DO GROW?
HOW DO WE CAME IN TO EXISTENCE?
DOES SPIRIT EXIST?....
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2020
reigncalif1:
ARE U SAYING THERE IS NO GOD OR ARE U IMPLYING MORE ON INDOCTRINATION ?BECAUSE EVEN WITHOUT INDOCTRINATION PEOPLE CAN STILL GROW AND START ASKING QUESTION LIKE
HOW DO GROW?
HOW DO WE CAME IN TO EXISTENCE?
DOES SPIRIT EXIST?....
The questions you raised are exactly the type of questions every right thinking person should ask upon coming to the age of reasoning.

However, once those questions are not properly answered, the mind starts making up things on its own.
Check for instance, when you call someone and they don't answer their call, what does your mind do next?

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sorry guys that I couldn't update today. Will continue tomorrow.
However, till then, I want to ask you a question about concepts or things we can't see.

- Love, Hate, Anger, Despair, Euphoria, Hunger, etc are all ethereal concepts. In other words, despite the fact that we can't see see nor touch them, we can feel them, we can sense them as well as notice them by simple deduction.
When you think about the being who is the central focus of your religious worship, what do you feel?
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
IamMichael:
your main target was Christianity but you just have to beat around the bush to prove a point that doesn't exist.
You see, if I plant maize, and someone saw me when I cultivated, planted, watered, put fertilizer, prevent it from insects and then harvested and sell.
This person was of the opinion that I lied and might wanna manipulate when I told him I can harvest an acre of corn from just maybe two bulb or whatever it is called then he start documenting and taking pictures through those time and even called people to witness it so he can have witnesses, that was how Christianity was given birth to.
I have never seen anyone who came out and plainly and convincingly say, Christianity was a lie, Jesus christ didn't come, miracles were never performed, there is no heaven.
The fact that you didn't see God or you don't know how he came to be doesn't mean there is no God.
How you came to be
The air you breath
How you were even able to move, grow, eat without refueling the air you breath in.
See, any reasonable adult should know when someone is telling the truth and if Infact that's actually the truth.
While growing I was told God exist, Jesus exist, and they gave me the Bible to corraborate such stories but I took time to know if those were true, I confirmed it and it set me free.
To even tell you to repent though to you might be a waste of time but pls try to repent.
I will like you to give me some real questions to prove to you God exist
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by IamMichael(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
southniyikaye:

Your main target was Christianity but you just have to beat around the bush to prove a point that doesn't exist.
I'm sure you saw the topic of this thread very clearly. Why did your mind tell you my target was Christians?
You just committed Fallacy of Hasty Conclusion.
As the thread rightly stated, it is for religious adherents, of which Christianity is just one just like I stated in the first post on this thread.

People, mostly religious people always ask this question. But, isn't the answer obvious?
The only way to produce a foetus is by fertilizing the female eggs with sperm from their male counterparts.
I said this because in this day age, intercourse is no longer the only way way to directly fertilize the female eggs.
Please I will advise you to read up on Reproduction in humans; that is, if and when you decide.

I honestly don't understand what you wrote above. Please do more to clarify your thoughts/edit your post if you wrote it in a hurry.

Again, Fallacy of Hasty Conclusion summed up from from Ignoratio Elenchi. The fact that you have never seen anyone convincingly say christianity is a lie is a false premise.
Please kindly answer the following questions if you will:
1) You said from onset, there were witnesses and documentations to corroborate the story. Can you kindly tell me this witnesses and corroborations outside the Bible?
2) From historical records, Jesus as a person existed though his name wasn't Jesus, but Yeshua. Jesus is not a Jewish name. Historical records also point to the fact that his teachings were different from the Judaism teachings of his time leading to his eventual crucifixion because the established Jewish hierarchy saw him as a threat to their own religion at the time..
Do you know why crucifixion was used to kill this person rather than any other means?
3)Do you know that heaven is a state of mind rather than an actual place?

This thread is not about the existence of a God. The existence of a God is an argument which does not not make sense because no-one can ever know.
This thread is about indoctrinated religious adherents who believe the Central being of their religious worship is the God of all creation.
Remember that even your bible as a christian said "Let us create man in our own image!"...
I didn't say that. All throughout the same bible, noone claimed to have seen this God, but they always hear him... How did they then conclude it was God? Have you ever asked yourself that question. Remember this were primitive men with primitive knowledge of the world as at the time.

How you came to be
The air you breath
You have asked this question before when you asked me how I came into existence. This is another variation of the same question. A simple Google of the questions will succinctly explain everything you asked.
I'm not a biologist bro, neither did i study human anatomy.
If you are asking the above questions to learn rather than to embarrass, then I have told you the right source to get your answers.

Please how did you confirm that what you were told is true. I would really love to know.

I was a devout Catholic for 23yrs.
Anyway, what exactly are you saying i should repent from?

I will like you to give me some real questions to prove to you God exist.
I have given you real questions. My final question to you is, how do weeds grow?

I'm waiting for your replies.
Regards!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by reigncalif1: 12:11am On Apr 10, 2020
IamMichael:

The questions you raised are exactly the type of questions every right thinking person should ask upon coming to the age of reasoning.

However, once those questions are not properly answered, the mind starts making up things on its own.
Check for instance, when you call someone and they don't answer their call, what does your mind do next?
YEAH THOSE QUESTIONS ON MY OWN DOE'S NEEDED TO BE ANSWERED, YES WE ARE HUMAN AND U CAN TELL ME TO FORGET ABOUT MY EXISTENCE.
SO HOW ABOUT THE QUESTION ,IS IT ABOUT GOD OR INDOCTRINATION BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE THAT WERE NOT INDOCTRINATED WITH LOGICAL SENSE CAN STILL END UP BELIEVING IN GOD
Re: A Thread For The Mental Emancipation Of Indoctrinated Religious Adherents by StrikeBack(m): 12:17am On Apr 10, 2020
IamMichael:

You are correct bro.
However, it was on Nairaland here that I also started my journey of being emancipated. In fact, there was a thread here back then that after reading, it challenged my rationality that I had a religious overturn. I started seeing truth because i stopped allowing my sense of reasoning to be clouded by things that defied reason.

In that manner too, I believe that if someone come accross this thread, they may be able to challenge themselves too. It starts with a thought.
post the link of the thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation / Ibadur-rahman - The Servants Of Allah, Most Merciful / Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.