Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,337 members, 7,974,429 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:18 AM

60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos (21165 Views)

Nike: Nigerian Lady Who Slept With Dogs Commits Suicide / Unclad Lady Fights A Man Who Slept With Her Without Payment(photos) / Man Arrested After He Slept Off While Trying To Steal Solar Power In Lagos,photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

These are sealed with 10 year life. No battery to replace cool

Even better....
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by SmartyPants(m): 11:26am On Jun 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Just buy a smoke alarm.... Nairaland never wan miss you ....

Eyaa cry

No problem i must buy one soonest.
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by KrystosCJ(m): 11:32am On Jun 04, 2018
fucktoto:
60-year-old man.

was he living alone?

It seems he may have been living alone.

On a serious note, many elderly people who are estranged from their spouse are prone to die this way, especially the men. Probably he was so tired and no one was around to alert him that his food was burning. Maybe a little forgiveness, or simply saying "I am sorry" in the past would have saved his life from this horrible incident.

Maybe..
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by EmzyT: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Is he the one at that pics? He doesn't look 60 to me, if he's the one, then he's too young to be 60 undecided

1 Like

Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by murmee: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
KrystosCJ:

It seems he may have been living alone.

On a serious note, many elderly people who are estranged from their spouse are prone to die this way, especially the men. Probably he was so tired and no one was around to alert him that his food was burning. Maybe a little forgiveness, or simply saying "I am sorry" in the past would have saved his life from this horrible incident.

Maybe..
The death of a spouse also make elderly people live alone.
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by KrystosCJ(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
murmee:
The death of a spouse also make elderly people live alone.

Noted. Thanks!
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
Fake story
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
May his soul rest in peace.

May be he's asthmatic or depressed. Well the summary is this: "It is not good for a man to be alone" (Genesis 2:18).

Men at his age are prone to issues like this when they are alone in the house.
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by uvie66: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2018
chronique:
Rip. Can't thank God enough for the number of times he has saved me from burning the house and myself, after coming back from work late at night and trying to fix dinner only to sleep off and wake up later on with everything in the pot totally black like I was preparing burnt offering for God. Sometimes when I'm that tired, I just sleep off to prevent such incidents.
How much is a smoke alarm ?
Re: 60-year-old Man Who Slept Off While Cooking, Killed By Fire In Lagos by chronique(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
uvie66:
How much is a smoke alarm ?

You know, I've never thought of it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Intercepts bottles Of Codeine Syrup, illicit drugs At Onne, Abuja Ports / Suspect Excretes 113 Wraps Of Cocaine Worth ₦423 Million At Lagos Airport / Ondo Fake Doctor Who Admits & Treats Patients In His Store Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.